Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims are showering with their clothes on??

I've been noticing that many of my Sims are showering with their clothes on and none of them have the insane traits. Is this a glitch or would it be something to do with CAS or any CC?

Confusing!

Comments

• Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    Hmmm... new fad?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    I've been noticing that many of my Sims are showering with their clothes on and none of them have the insane traits. Is this a glitch or would it be something to do with CAS or any CC?

Confusing!

It could be 3rd Party Custom Content. Or they might have the Never Nude trait - if that exists in Sims 4.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    > @Karritz said:
    > Ben1010 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been noticing that many of my Sims are showering with their clothes on and none of them have the insane traits. Is this a glitch or would it be something to do with CAS or any CC?
    >
    > Confusing!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It could be 3rd Party Custom Content. Or they might have the Never Nude trait - if that exists in Sims 4.
    Never nude trait? Pshh tht ain't even in sims 4 and cc vs mods none have hidden content lol.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    It happened to me too, and I don't have cc. I think it happened when the game think it's already done bathing/showering. I hope it's fixed.
    bathingclotheson.png
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited January 2015
    Dariu wrote: »
    Hmmm... new fad?

WELCOME BACK!!!

EDIT:
    On topic - people, remove mods.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Next question - are there hidden traits in Sims 4?

Only other possibility I can think of is maybe its another glitch. Basically I have no idea - sorry. :'(
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    the mod is likely the wear everyday clothes to work mod. It interferes with pretty much anything that involves changing clothes, swimming, shower, tub.....
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    What's a fad?
  • Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    the mod is likely the wear everyday clothes to work mod. It interferes with pretty much anything that involves changing clothes, swimming, shower, tub.....

Hmm I don't have that mod but I have some CC as you can see by my avatar and I also use a grass texture mod from MTS
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Karritz wrote: »

Only other possibility I can think of is maybe its another glitch. Basically I have no idea - sorry. :'(
    There are no hidden traits.
    There are only hidden buffs that trigger different temporary moodlets (example: preganancy).

I said - remove mods.
    All of them.
  • Options

JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »

There are no hidden traits.
    There are only hidden buffs that trigger different temporary moodlets (example: preganancy).

I said - remove mods.
    All of them.

Okay but please tell me there is an option to keep music from the stereo at normal speed when speeding up the time? I don't want chipmunk music! Realised I also have a mod that fixes that :'(
  • Options
    Definetly keep the music mod.

The story should go like this. You remove all mods. Check if the showering works normally. If it does, add back mods, one by one. Till you pinpoint out which one exactly messes up things.
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    edited January 2015
    they give us multiple births, stealing maids, never leaving guests and now they want us to shower with clothes on?!
  • Options
    Definetly keep the music mod.

The story should go like this. You remove all mods. Check if the showering works normally. If it does, add back mods, one by one. Till you pinpoint out which one exactly messes up things.

Removed all mods but they're still showering with their clothes on :/

• Options
    That shouldn't be possible.
    Look, I didn't play the game since last year ( >:) ) due to the horrible bug I have so can't test if the recent update changed something, but prior to it mods were causing this issue.
    Next thing I suggest to try (don't return mods yet) is deleting game cache: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If even that doesn't help, wait a bit, maybe someone else knows more who played the game post patch.
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Is your sim insane?
  • Options
    Look, I didn't play the game since last year ( >:) ) due to the horrible bug I have so can't test if the recent update changed something, but prior to it mods were causing this issue.
    Next thing I suggest to try (don't return mods yet) is deleting game cache: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

If even that doesn't help, wait a bit, maybe someone else knows more who played the game post patch.

I will try, thanks mate!

And no Yaz, they don't have the insane trait :/
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Ben1010 wrote: »

I will try, thanks mate!

And no Yaz, they don't have the insane trait :/

Ooh dear. I was gonna say from sims 3 if I had an insane sim they would bath or shower with clothes on and dress in anything they liked most of the time. Didn't know if it happens in some 4.. But yeah, mods mess it up. I'm sorry I ain't no help. :/
  • Options
    did you actually remove the mods folder from the documents/electronic arts/sims 4 folder? moved it to your desktop?

also, sometimes saved games seem to continue to function as if the mods folder is there, try starting a new game and just randomly choose one of the premade sims to play and see if they also shower with clothes on. If they shower correctly then it could be the saved game that is bugged somehow
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    did you actually remove the mods folder from the documents/electronic arts/sims 4 folder? moved it to your desktop?

also, sometimes saved games seem to continue to function as if the mods folder is there, try starting a new game and just randomly choose one of the premade sims to play and see if they also shower with clothes on. If they shower correctly then it could be the saved game that is bugged somehow

I did that and they showered fine but when I went back into my old game all my Sims are now without CC after moving my mods folder back in!

Ahh how do I get it back so they are wearing it? Do I have to do it one Sim at a time? :(

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Usually in my game, sims would spin to change clothes, but the actual change is a bit delayed. This produces weird results like a naked sim walking out of the shower and going about with his business, with his clothes suddenly appearing on his body a few seconds after. If your PC is extremely laggy, maybe the delay is too long and you end up thinking that they shower with their clothes on?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

I've tried putting my mods folder back in but the game isn't starting up now! It's showing an error message when I double click on the TS4 icon with a load of indistinguishable characters! HELPPP!
  • Options
    you are putting it back into documents/electronic arts/the sims 4?

I have never had it happen that putting the mods folder back bugs the game...but to me it sounds like one of the mods or cc is bugged. Hmmm, have you tried putting the mods folder back then repair game? I think you might have to go through each mod and cc to see which one is bugged....putting the folder back empty and seeing if the game starts. Then exiting game and putting in one mod and cc at a time and see which piece bugs the game out. However if you put back an empty mod folder and it still bugs the game then I would say it might be the saved games and you might have to delete all the saved games.

Wait for a few more suggestions here maybe before deleting saved games as there might be other options for you. I think though trying to repair game with the mods folder back in documents should be first move. Then putting an empty folder in mods and putting mods and cc back in one piece at a time and see if that resolves it.

Unfortunately sometimes a mod or cc that causes problems will end up bugging the saved files and the only recourse is to delete the saves. Used to happen all the time on TS3, and I have had it happen twice with TS4 due to mods that conflicted with something.

But again, see if anyone else has suggestions for fixing this before going that far....just in case there is a way you can save the saved games.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    Hmmm... new fad?

Dariu...

Is that truly you? Where have you been? :scream:
  • Options
    hmmm...another option might be this...I found it in another thread here where a game has bugged. Other comments in that thread say that for some it fixed their problems.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/