Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Geez EA....

Just spoke to a customer service rep, and BOY was that useless. The man was friendly, but none of my gameplay issues are resolved. What the plum?
He basically blamed it on my computer (or lack thereof) which makes no sense, because until the latest patch my game was running fine! UGGH. So irritating.

Comments

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Why are you surprised Hun? They thought angry poops were innovative...
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Not to mention freakish, inhuman walking behavior instead of features that would improve the game.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member

Not to mention freakish, inhuman walking behavior instead of features that would improve the game.
    How do you know how they walk - is the webchat via webcams - can you see them?

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    That's always their excuse; your PC. You've got NASA's PC? It's still your PC's problem. It's an easy way out of things they don't know about, that and repeating the same old advice over and over. It's EA after all, that's how it is.
  • Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    LOL! Both of your comments are great! I don't know what I expected, but after 3 days of trying to reach them I deserved more than that. I've been disappointed with the game, but tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and have actually found a few ways of playing I enjoy, But it's annoying that that was the best customer service they could offer. I mean, I could've done the same exact thing he told me to do...on my own. I asked about factory resetting my game because I'm not exactly sure how to do it (although I've been provided a link...I'm a doofus) and he didn't even acknowledge I said anything about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    plopppo wrote: »

How do you know how they walk - is the webchat via webcams - can you see them?

I think they were referring to the walk styles in game. Unless you were being funny, and then I guess joke's on me!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    They don't know their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from a hole in the ground.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    That's always their excuse; your PC. You've got NASA's PC? It's still your PC's problem. It's an easy way out of things they don't know about, that and repeating the same old advice over and over. It's EA after all, that's how it is.

That's what I tried explaining to the guy. I'm aware my PC isn't the most exceptionally qualified for the game, but it will play it. I've been using this PC since the release of the sims 4, and I haven't had these issues. They just started after the patch. So then his response was, "Well yeah, the patch will fix X amount of things on the right side, but things on the left side then get messed up.."

So I responded with, I'll be waiting for the next patch to hopefully fix everything the previous patch screwed up. He laughed. I mean, what? LOL
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    You're not alone. I uninstalled my game because of the latest patch. It broke my game... not drastically, but enough to say when.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »

They always act like you some kind of AI riches computer from Halo or something and I'm like I think my computer works fine..
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I want to talk to them - I don't have a webcam though.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I think they should have a forum section called "Gameplay Issues". They had something like that at sims 2 forum. Then they could add that and maybe cull some of the repetitive or useless catagories.

Anyhow OP why don't you try posting your specific issues in "Tech Help" section if it is indeed a tech help issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You're not alone. I uninstalled my game because of the latest patch. It broke my game... not drastically, but enough to say when.

@nanashi-sims‌ Uninstalling broke your game or the patch did? I've considered uninstalling, but I'm afraid it will mess it up even more.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    mpatty02 wrote: »
    He basically blamed it on my computer (or lack thereof)

He blamed it on your lack of a computer? I gotta say...that sounds like a pretty gosh darn good possibility.
  • Options
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    I think they should have a forum section called "Gameplay Issues". They had something like that at sims 2 forum. Then they could add that and maybe cull some of the repetitive or useless catagories.

Anyhow OP why don't you try posting your specific issues in "Tech Help" section if it is indeed a tech help issue.
    I'm not really looking for help (not being rude), I just more or less wanted to post my experience with EA customer service...but apparently everyone already knew! LOL
    I know most of the answers that are available for my game issues. Either factory resetting, uninstalling, or doing nothing are mostly the solutions.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    He basically blamed it on my computer (or lack thereof)

He blamed it on your lack of a computer? I gotta say...that sounds like a pretty gosh darn good possibility.

LOL. I didn't complete that sentence. I should've said, my computer's compatibility or lack thereof. :p
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,760 Member
    mpatyy02, go into your Origin, into My Games, and right click on your Sims4 game and select "repair game", then wait for it to run through its cycles. When it is done and you get the popup your game is ready for play, try it again and see if it has been truly repaired. I do this every so often. My game is running just fine. I had some issues earlier on after one of the patches in which my loading screens started to get longer, and after I did the 'repair game' thing all was well. Good luck and I hope it works!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    mpatyy02, go into your Origin, into My Games, and right click on your Sims4 game and select "repair game", then wait for it to run through its cycles. When it is done and you get the popup your game is ready for play, try it again and see if it has been truly repaired. I do this every so often. My game is running just fine. I had some issues earlier on after one of the patches in which my loading screens started to get longer, and after I did the 'repair game' thing all was well. Good luck and I hope it works!

Will it fix the bartender. I think mine are on strike.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal‌, thanks for your help, but I've done that about 50 times since the patch! LOL. It doesn't do much for me... :\
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,760 Member
    Wow, I do wonder how you can uninstall just the patch, then. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »

I'm not really looking for help (not being rude), I just more or less wanted to post my experience with EA customer service...but apparently everyone already knew! LOL
    I know most of the answers that are available for my game issues. Either factory resetting, uninstalling, or doing nothing are mostly the solutions.

You should consider sending mail to their customer service address to tell them how disappointed you were with this experience. Unless no one points out when they get things wrong then the people in charge will never know and can't train the operators further if they aren't acting as they would like.

I've just had a very nice conversation with a guy from EA customer service and incidentally got the addresses for EU and US customer services just in case so if you want them feel free to pm :smile:
  • Options
    Wow, I do wonder how you can uninstall just the patch, then. :open_mouth:

Hmmm, I actually haven't thought of that. Is that possible? I doubt it...
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    When calling any kind of customer service anymore you should just be thankful when the rep speaks engrish well enough to understand them.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I have 2 EA customers support experiences. One was awesome. The dude had humor and helped very well, but today.. I dont know.. this person was just ugggh. Maybe i can't have a better experience anymore after that awesome sparkling person :'D
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited December 2014
    Was it on the phone or via chat? Because I'm fairly certain you weren't talking to an actual human if it was the latter.

EDIT: Never-mind you mentioned he laughed. You got someone on the phone today? That's surprising, I figured there wouldn't be anyone there.
    34336_s.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top