Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you use Custom Content/Mods?

If you do: have you used it in previous games? Do you find you can't play without it?
If you don't: Is there any reason why?
I personally am a CC and mod addict. I've used quite a bit CC and mods in TS2, but The Sims 3 is when I went hardcore with NRAAS mods to fix things, and massive amounts of hairs and skintones. Now in TS4, I have so much CC and mods, everything from high-detail grass and sky to a mod enabling debug cheats. I also downloaded a TON of hairs and skintones. For me, I can't play TS4 without my realistic mods and CC.
Opinions? Thoughts?
Just curious :)
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Not really, no. I think CC looks really tacky and I don't know any mods I need either.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I used mods and cc in Sims 3, cannot do without those mods though.

I don't use any for Sims 4 bc I don't play it so often, but maybe afterwords who knows.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have used mods and CC in past Sims games. It's a way to make the game your own and get rid of annoyances or add to the game play.

I am not using any mods or cc currently with the Sims 4. I was but after the last patch most of the mods do not work. Instead of sorting it all out I just never put them back in after a clean install related to an experiment I was doing.

This game is broken right now and mods will not fix it. As far as CC goes ... not this time for me because my computer can't handle it. (some cc hair did awful things to my game)
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yup, in TS1/TS2/TS3. Always loved having more gameplay and content as well as the ability to further customize the game to my own play style, and I've yet to find a mod that causes trouble and in fact I trust modders over the developers themselves. In TS3 I think I have a bit over 8GB worth of CC, a few mods and nearly all of the mods from NRaas Suite. Just them alone makes it feel like a sort of TS3.5. I'm probably going to get more, except my current town (which is a gigantic, dense custom world) which takes 5-6 minutes to load, every other world and destination/University/Oasis takes under 2 minutes to load so I figure I can easily go for more.
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    The Sims 1: No
    The Sims 2: Yes
    The Sims 3: No (maybe in the future)
    The Sims 4: No (maybe in the future)
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    No. Too chicken.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    No don't want to break my game. If there is an error with the game it be hard to pin point what causes it so I just use stuff that EA makes so I know who to contact if something don't work.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    No.

No.

No.

Custom content needs to be burned and thrown off a cliff...

...Then whip cream sprayed on it and start...

...I will not go into further details. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    I have mods, I used to have custom hairs but they look really ugly in the sims 4 even with maxis match textures.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I've only ever used CC in Sims 2 and it messed up my game. Never used it since. I've been tempted though.
    I mainly went for hairstyles to make Sims more unique, so when the store came out for Sims 3 I didn't have to bother with CC.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    lol i have 1300 mods/CC/clothes for sims4 i think that speaks for itself :p
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    No, because it's a lot of work to update your game and I'm scared of bugs
  • Options
    lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    Yes I have a few hairs, some make-up, a décor set and some clothing: I love it and I'm keeping it. I have it all in folders within the mods folder so when an update comes, I just drag it onto my desktop.,

I don't have any mods though, and I only use custom content that I've seen on somewhere like SimsVip and that I know is safe. The Sims Resource is the only other place I get cc.

As for the questions: The Sims 4 is my first sims game and yes, I could play without cc, it doesn't do much tbh. Just makes your sims look prettier I guess!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I only use gameplay mods. I don't really like using cc because it sometimes doesn't feel like it's belong to the game.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Have had mods in every game since TS2

I would agree that some of the hair mods for TS4 are dodgy, and some look awful. But we get very little choice from the base game.

My favorite mods for TS4 are the debug mod, and testing cheats always on.
  • Options
    dumplingartdumplingart Posts: 66 Member
    Been using it ever since Sims 2. I can't really do without CC. I've downloaded a lot less for the Sims 4 because I'm quite happy with all the options we've been giver. They're a lot better than the Sims 3 content, I disliked it quite a bit.

Only problem is the maintenance if there's a patch and some CC starts to conflict and cause my game to not start. :/ But I'm willing to struggle, haha. :)
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited December 2014
    I've never used mods in any past games because I was nervous they'd wreck my game. But, frankly, this game is already broken to me, so what's to lose? So in the Sims 4, yeah, I use a TON.

Alot of them remove the linear gameplay and "challenges" since I don't want that in my game. The rest do things like "fix" things in game that EA will probably never bother with, like making Sims actually care about the deaths of loved ones and giving myself custom aging options. The rest just remove/alter things that bug me, such as:

-No death from Emotions
    -Less chance of items breaking
    -Actual, caffeinated coffee and tea
    -Basically, any and all of Shimrod's townie management mods
    -Removing weird walks
    -Adding Gardener and Repairman NPCs
    -No culling of Family Members
    -Constant TestingCheats on
    -Improved Lighting

The list goes on and on. Unfortunately, I consider them to be absolutely necessary.

Edit: I forgot CC! Strangely enough, I don't use CC for the Sims in this game, which is funny considering I used soooooo much in past games. I quite like the way the Sims look now and don't really want to change them. I also don't like the way the hyper-realistic hair meshes look on these Sims. They worked well for the Sims 3 and such, but it's been rare for me to find a mesh that looks as though it belongs in this Sims world. I did download some new default eyes first thing, but aside from that, nope, not much CC for me.
    Post edited by mortia on
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    When 4 becomes the kind of game I want to play for more than five minutes, and when the game is far more stable as well the CC, I will happily put in some CC. Eyes for sure, skin very likely, eyebrows and hair definitely, clothes sure and grass, furniture, retextures of nature, default sky replacement, absolutely.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I only had three mods installed and took them out before the last patch. Haven't played enough to put them back in. That was the Lighting mod that fixes the indoor lighting which I feel is way too dark and makes Sims look sort of yellow/green on most skins or too dark on their faces. That mod fixes most of those problems.

The other two were to be able to hire a gardener and repairman. They worked like a dream. If I play it again, I will add those three back into the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I lurveee CC sometimes. I usually get rid of most of my mods after a while but I still use CC.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Mods? I'm definitely a MTS modder's fangirl... got tons of mods in and always looking for the next cool thing to add.

Modded Sims2 to death and loved the resulting gameplay. Skipped modding sims3 (i was mostly offline when playing that).

Can't play Sims4 unmodded.

As for CC, I'm still a baby there... but I am getting braver. Esmeralda's round glasses and shades (MTS) look great on my sims! And melbrewer367 has nice clothes. I'm sure there will be more.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    The Sims 1: No
    The Sims 2: No
    The Sims 3: Yes (I found the game too easy, so downloaded a bunch of artificial limiters)
    The Sims 4: No.

I always love playing the games the way that they were made. If there would be something very interesting as a mod for The Sims 4, then I would probably consider it, but for now all mods are, are things like "reverts patch changes, removes Zs when sleeping, etc". Small insignificant things, that for some are a great quality of life improvement, but would change nothing for me.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Sims 1 - No

Sims 2 - CC only. Not too much.

Sims 3 - 1 Mod, it was essential, stopped my game from being stuttering and unplayable. Can't remember the name of it, one of Twallan's ones. No CC.

Sims 4 - No, maybe CC later. Really don't want to use mods and hope I don't have to.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Not really no!

Considering the ever amount of problems we had with CC items in Exchange in the Sims 3 with nudity clothing etc, Its kinda hard to download CC/mods unless you trust the simmer who is well know or has a solid rep to have a CC/mod that is worth it!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    My Sims 2 was jammed with all kinds of mods and custom content. Sims 3 had Twallans mods and a few custom content things. Sims 4 has a few mods and that's it. As time goes I may download some cc for it.