Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    boysenberry11boysenberry11 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi guys! My first post! Not going to post often (not a big forum person, but I do check in on topics that interest me). I'm way too new to the Sims (I had vaguely heard about it). I tried Freeplay end of 2013 (had the flu one weekend), but hated the trend towards paying large sums of money to move time in a game (felt like it catered to gamblers & premium content collectors). I didn't buy anything. Quit it.

I started reading all of these things people were requesting from the Sims 3 to be in Freeplay. I was confused (Sims 3? What is the Sims 3?). So I started watching Sims 3 let's plays on YouTube earlier this year and was absolutely AMAZED!! I bought every disc I could find (in April 2014), loaded up on mods and CC and literally went without sleep for a loooong time. I loved discovering everything about the Sims. I couldn't believe a game existed like that. When I started making my sims marry and have families, it was just all so fun and lovely. I loved it all. From then on, I only played with families.

I heard Sims 4 was coming and preordered. I've never preordered a game in my life. I wasn't aware of a forum so I blindly bought it knowing it was going to knock my socks off. Well, I played it for a week...then...I stopped. I did laugh at the baby/child step. It was weird. It's missing something that's not keeping my interest. Not sure what though. Maybe I thought it would be more like 3, but I'm not Sim-savvy enough to know what to expect. So after finding this forum and reading this topic, I just broke down and bought every Sims 2 disc I could find on Amazon (this weekend). I know it'll be dated, but it sounds like I need to know what I missed.

Happy Simming and I hope the game starts to pick up if they decide to adjust the base game further. I'll still follow your thread guys. Great topic. Good people bringing up valid points. And no screaming and cursing. Love it.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello@songsmith2003 good to see you here:) Sorry to hear about the complications and I hope they are sorted out soon.

It is a daily disappointment to see no adequate response from EA. This must be one almighty joke to them. After all they are a large company which can ignore their customer base.

I have not been a toddler in over half a century. I am old enough to vote and have enough letters after my name to demonstrate a little education. I therefore know what I want in a game and what I am prepared to pay for.

I will not pay for toddlers.

The company clearly doesn't understand us but they understand money. So I hope the message is loud and clear, people stop buying profits drop.

Now I must get back to my toy building blocks.

Great pictures @songsmith2003‌ :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    @AnaCecilia63‌ Great post, so glad you stopped by. I totally agree with you. For me personally, I do think I've gotten over the grieving part, I am back to playing S3 and S2 now. But I'm not ready to give up without a fight on the simple principle that they were not really up front about all the game lacked and well they took my money. So for that they owe us. I will not buy EP or GP or any content until they put family play back into this game for free. They owe their customers that much.

Also, if EA is really waiting for me to leave they will have a long wait coming. My hubby says it would be easier to sandpaper a wildcats rear end than to get me to do what I don't want to do. :D

@Starguru Thank you for stopping by and giving us your input as well. I think you made the right decision in not purchasing this game. Many of wish we hadn't either.

Anyway welcome to both of you.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    Hello @JaciJade poor wildcat :) I think the more people insult us and the longer the company ignores us the more I dig my heels in :)

We are owed an explanation at the very least about what their future vision is and whether it includes toddlers. Anything less is not acceptable :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @AnaCecilia63 hey my lovely-I'm so sorry things are getting you down-I've felt that way some days too but please continue-we have come too far to let EA beat us down with their relentless silence and feigned ignorance. Look even on this page we are reaching new fellow simmers who feel the same way-and who lend their support. That's incredible-we are clearly not the tiny minority they try to attribute to us are we? Not only that but take heart from those lovely simmers who don't share our play style but who very much stand behind us in our fight to be heard!

Welcome @boysenberry11‌ and @starguru thank you for joining us-we really appreciate it :smile: I hope you'll notice I and my participants work hard to keep this thread a sanctuary from the toxicity elsewhere on the forums-so I really hope you feel comfortable to post along with us in the future and to honestly share how you feel :smile:

@AnaCecilia63 I feel like I will do my best to answer your questions to the best of my ability-it may take a while and if I miss anything feel free to ask me again or further questions-I'm always here to help :wink:

For a start if the Tolkien thread was a sly attempt to convey a message to make run us all away I believe it's done to opposite-it just makes me more determined to get you all listened to and in a kind and sensible manner. It's easy to say we are all whining toddlers if we aren't conducting ourselves well-but when this thread is known for keeping a pretty sensible conflict free discussion with people from the community who don't always disagree but unite on missing these features it very clearly explodes that myth!

What I tend to believe though is the gurus are on Christmas holidays so things aren't as closely scrutinised. If they've seen it and allowed it to remain they may not realise it's hugely damaging from a PR point of view-as if they need any help with the public relations being damaged around sims4 *rolls eyes*.

If it's true I think it comes from a natural human defence mechanism-our disappointment and refusal to invest or continue invest in the sims 4 represents a threat to their jobs. I hate that but it's not our fault. But it's much easier for them to moan about us than it is to voice discontent about their bosses. So try to feel sorry for them rather than taking it to heart.

My attitude is I won't give them the power of making me feel belittled by saying things like that-I know that we deserve to feel the way we do and we are well within our rights to speak up for ourselves. We speak from love of the sims 4 and any nasty comments like that reflect badly on anyone who says it rather than us.

I believe in our campaign and I believe in the friendship and support we have all found through this thread. I never in my wildest dreams imagined it's popularity, staying power and success. Remember we got sims news outlets reporting on our thread-that's huge!

Before this thread many of us felt angry, sad, powerless, and alone. In this thread we have found we are not alone, we are made up of some wonderful members, we have the support of kind simmers within our community who while they don't play our way stand behind us, and most of all together we are strong!

I have no power over EA actually acting but you know what? The success of this thread explodes so many of the myths they have tried to put out there to dismiss our arguments and that of other disappointed customers. As people continue to find and read the very personal, sensible and heartbreaking stories and match it against how we have been made to feel by the failure of EA to take us seriously then a different picture of the situation emerges. About a group of some of the biggest fans and investors in the sims series trying their utmost to get EA to improve things and EA failing to appreciate their custom and how special their game should be.

There's no way they could say that there's no appetite for a new sims game now when so many have been vocalising quite the opposite!

This thread makes for uncomfortable reading for EA but I believe it's necessary for them to educate themselves in how their customers are feeling at grass roots level. They are very lucky-lots of companies have to spend a fortune to find out exactly what went wrong with a product not reaching it's potential and customers boycotting it. Here we are giving it all for free because we love the sims series so much and intend to fight for it's continued success!

I won't speculate on WHY EA have taken this course but what I do know is we deserve better. And I intend to do my utmost to serve all of you in getting the message through to EA-I'm proud to be part of a wonderful community of some truly lovely people that I've met here and all of you hold a little piece of my heart-I'm very proud of what we have achieved so far and I can see better things for our future. Just keep strength in one another and if you need to vent do so-we are all here for one another-good days and bad :smile:

See? I felt like giving up last week but I know I've taken the responsibility of getting us heard to heart and I have to see it through. Sending love to you all :smile:
  • Options
    @JaciJade and @Bettyboop55 my family say 'they don't know they've got a tiger by the tail' when I talk about this thread :wink:
    I'm glad we are the kind of people who stand up for ourselves :smile:
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    @sparkfairy1 Thank you dear! Don't worry I'm not taking this to heart, I'm not even angry, just like 'meh, it's just EA being EA again. Surprise'. I wanted to add my two cents about the most recent events in Twitter and the forums 'cause they seemed kind of weird to me. (Therefore my conspiracy theories). But as I've said before this is just a game for me, my main hobby, it was meant to be fun and it was until TS4 came along. Sadly I bought this game and played it for a month, so I can't return it, but I'm keeping it as a sample of what should not happen again.

What I said about EA was from a Sims player and customer point of view, not from a fan. A fan is something I'll never be and respectfully, the gurus are employees not Hollywood stars. EA is a company which sells games and I want to buy a proper sims game, not an online game. Now just to clarify my point even more: I'd like to say that I'd accept the game if toddlers and family tree were added 'cause I'm indeed a family player, but I'm not gonna lie. What broke the game for me was not only the missing toddlers, but the cartoony look, the funny graphics, the mini-neighborhoods, the horrible looking map view, the lack of CASt and color wheel, the loading screens and the no open world. As you see the list goes on and it's a long one, so the toddlers alone, even the family tree wouldn't cover it for me. The Maxis dream-team would need to redo the whole game, I wouldn't settle for less. Paying for a family play EP? That's of course out of the question. I don't want a soap opera, I don't want a dating game, an online game, a MMO or an RPG. I want The Sims, a fully functional sandbox life simulation game with family play and good graphics on it, or I don't want anything at all.

I hope I explained myself better this time. Thanks anyway for your concern. I'm doing fine, enjoying the holidays with my children and reading you thread daily to know how the situation is going and how is everybody doing. Kudos to you and to absolutely ALL the people who has contributed to to keep it alive. Keep up the good work! :)

@JaciJade Thank you SO much. You know, I'm very honest person, to the point that I may come across as blunt sometimes, I will rarely ever talk about my private life or my personal drama, plus I have a strange sense of humor, that's probably why people often won't agree with me, so every like and every positive comment that I get is much appreciated. :) Sorry that you're still in grief. I think I may be over it already. According to the stages of loss I may be going through the anger part, lol, the third stage is bargaining, but I don't feel like bargaining with EA at all; the next one is Depression, but I don't feel that bad, so I may be on my way to the last one which is Acceptance. I really need to move on. I wish all of us could do that but I understand some still have hope and I respect that, I once had hope myself, but after all I read last and this week, I think I lost what little hope I had left. Losing our playstyle and our favorite game at the same time is a huge loss to deal with, no doubt. I suppose each of us has to deal with this loss at their very own personal speed.

@Sparkfairy1 Thank you once again, I admire your patience and your infinite faith. Again you got all my support. I'll be here, lurking as always. Stay strong! ;)
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 Thank you dear! Don't worry I'm not taking this to heart, I'm not even angry, just like 'meh, it's just EA being EA again. Surprise'. I wanted to add my two cents about the most recent events in Twitter and the forums 'cause they seemed kind of weird to me. (Therefore my conspiracy theories). But as I've said before this is just a game for me, my main hobby, it was meant to be fun and it was until TS4 came along. Sadly I bought this game and played it for a month, so I can't return it, but I'm keeping it as a sample of what should not happen again.

What I said about EA was from a Sims player and customer point of view, not from a fan. A fan is something I'll never be and respectfully, the gurus are employees not Hollywood stars. EA is a company which sells games and I want to buy a proper sims game, not an online game. Now just to clarify my point even more: I'd like to say that I'd accept the game if toddlers and family tree were added 'cause I'm indeed a family player, but I'm not gonna lie. What broke the game for me was not only the missing toddlers, but the cartoony look, the funny graphics, the mini-neighborhoods, the horrible looking map view, the lack of CASt and color wheel, the loading screens and the no open world. As you see the list goes on and it's a long one, so the toddlers alone, even the family tree wouldn't cover it for me. The Maxis dream-team would need to redo the whole game, I wouldn't settle for less. Paying for a family play EP? That's of course out of the question. I don't want a soap opera, I don't want a dating game, an online game, a MMO or an RPG. I want The Sims, a fully functional sandbox life simulation game or I don't want anything at all.

I hope I explained myself better this time. Thanks anyway for your concern. I'm doing fine, enjoying the holidays with my children and reading you thread daily to know how the situation is going and how is everybody doing. Kudos to you and to absolutely ALL the people who has contributed to to keep it alive. Keep up the good work! :)

@JaciJade Thank you SO much. You know, I'm very honest person, to the point that I may come across as blunt sometimes, I will rarely ever talk about my private life or my personal drama, plus I have a strange sense of humor, that's probably why people often won't agree with me, so every like and every positive comment that I get is much appreciated. :) Sorry that you're still in grief. I think I may be over it already. According to the stages of loss I may be going through the anger part, lol, the third stage is bargaining, but I don't feel like bargaining with EA at all; the next one is Depression, but I don't feel that bad, so I may be on my way to the last one which is Acceptance. I really need to move on. I wish all of us could do that but I understand some still have hope and I respect that, I once had hope myself, but after all I read last and this week, I think I lost what little hope I had left. Losing our playstyle and our favorite game at the same time is a huge loss to deal with, no doubt. I suppose each of us has to deal with this loss at their very own personal speed.

@Sparkfairy1 Thank you once again, I admire your patience and your infinite faith. Again you got all my support. I'll be here, lurking as always. Stay strong! ;)

I'm glad it didn't bring you down-I'm at the point where I view the things they do to aggravate the situation as daft now to be honest. There was a time I thought better of them and thought someone would notice the continued damage and step in to stop the rot but nothing yet. It's sad to watch-I want to shake them and tell them how special this series is and that our support and huge investment in the games over the years should be rewarded with respecting the game and everyone who loves it-creating a new awesome, properly funded, well maintained game to cater for the masses!

Thank you for the compliment, I love when people appreciate the work we all put into this thread :smile: I'm glad to hear you are having fun with your kids :smile:

I'm of the same opinion. I respect the sim gurus but I reserve my real admiration for emergency services staff and people who are heroes in other ways. I'm not a big 'celeb' fan!

I've said this many times-people would accept a game that wasn't their perfect ideal of the sims if it catered for most of their needs. I mean look at people going back to sims2-I mean it's not the prettiest graphics wise but gosh it's entertaining because it's so well made-ten years after release it's poaching the sims4 potential fans back because the sims 4 doesn't compared favourably enough for many. Thats a huge red flag EA!

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    @AnaCecilia63‌ I just wanted to clarify, I am over the grieving part. My first response was disbelief , then anger, and a bit of shock from that other thread about us acting like toddlers (which looking back on I have my doubts too), and now I've accepted it I think. If they don't fix the game then it's their loss. My life will go on and I'll play my old Sims games, not to mention I get as much enjoyment from CAW as I do playing. I also have my doubts that they could ever fix all the wrongs in this game and still make it enjoyable. The rot goes deep!
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    @sparkfairy1 I know right? The Sims 2 is still one of my favorite games and even when it has loading screens and 2004 graphics it is a lot more fun than 4! And people has talked about it so much in this forums that I had to go back and play it again, I've been rescuing simmies from my old 2008 game and placing them all in a new neighborhood, downloading houses, new clothes and hair (although I still keep my 19GB downloads folder from way back then, lol). I'm simply delighted. Everybody here is right, The Sims 2 is so beautiful in so many ways, specially in what concerns to family play. Toddlers are adorable and have such lovely interactions. One of my toddlers the other day crawled out of the house and sat down in the garden. There was a group of butterflies flying around him and he started playing with them! So adorable. I kind of miss that in Sims 3. Oh, but TS3 toddlers are lovely too, at least mine are, or so I think, lol. ;)

Yes it should be a red flag for EA that we're all enjoying one of the 'old' sims game more than the shiny and new. Take note, EA. Take note. B)

@JaciJade Glad to know you are over it. You're right it's their loss. The stages you describe are the same stages most of us have gone through. Mainly the shock of discovering TS4 wasn't a proper sequel to the other three but a complete different concept. Something that doesn't have anything to do with the true sims game. Fortunately we can still enjoy the other sims games, and CAW sounds like fun too! I never gave it a try but maybe I should now. Right now I'm playing both Sims 2 and 3 and having a lot of fun, there are things from TS2 that I had forgotten, it feels so good to remember the old times as I play. And TS3 well, open world, CASt, story progression, what else can I say? Best sims game ever, bugs and all. :)
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Lol i just don't believe that comment about, i think it's a personal jab made up by that user. i wouldn't believe it's something EA said. Like i said that thread made up a lot of bs that just doesn't connect at all.

Why would a company ignore it's largest sales on release. Or remain silent on a topic that could boost their revenue of a game. It certainly isn't do to player stats of the game. That's if those stats come out because no offense but family players are a huge number of players. We are the majority. Even some players that aren't feel the simulation is out of place without toddlers. IMO Ea is just not going to add toddlers, they never planned if. If they say that they'll lose more sales. It had nothing to do with fans, it's everything to do about their vision of the game. They're dreaming of a different market to sell too. That's all that is, why his thread really doesn't make sense at all.

Please don't think Ea dev's have the freaking time to sit there and call people toddlers crying over toddlers. Yes the company has poor customer service but go by what you've seen and experienced not by rumors. Every time i see that poster he floods the forums with topics back to back that are controversial then disappears for a while and comes back. A lot of what he said just seems like made up or opinionated. At least we can say we're taking guesses here or it's an opinion a theory.

Just like i was mad at SimguruBchick for her treatment of fans and taking personal our complaints and treating us unprofessionally because of it though she did apologize to me in pm and i appreciate that. I'll equally be just as mad if fans get angry at words that we never even heard the devs or EA say. So far we only know that a fan that is just like us said them. It's already upsetting enough, we don't need other players instigating more of the hurt we already feel. So to me why should i listen to a rumor and add more pain and damage things further. Let's not encourage something like that otherwise it lowers down our cause as well. We want them to here us yes, listen to us yes, we have to at least be fair and not pass judgement on things that weren't even said by them.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @AnaCecilia63‌, I agree with everything you've said. And at this point, I would love to have family game play, toddlers, family tree and the likes put back in the game. But the fact is this game is flawed and for it to really work it needs to be redone. The list of what makes it so bad can go on for a while. I haven't played it past four days, and according to Origin only a total of 5 hours. I.m just glad that I have Sims 2 and Sims 3 to continue to play with.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited December 2014
    JaciJade and GoldenBuffy have no responses in the their posts...what gives?

In fact I see NO responses for JaciJade...I see the 'post', but nothing actually written.

It shows if the post is 'quoted' but not otherwise

everyone else I see their posting

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

In fact I see NO responses for JaciJade...I see the 'post', but nothing actually written.

Hmm I'm not sure why you're not seeing them - I'm seeing them just fine!
    Try clearing out your cookies maybe?

• Options
    Juana wrote: »

I see all other postings...just not theirs. Odd.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I hope EA releases an announcement that they've started working on toddlers as a Christmas gift. *crosses fingers*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    Yup, it can be a good Christmas gift, @bobyo2001 ^^
  • Options
    EA is simply stringing people along. It is obvious.

There will be no toddlers, there will be no family life.

EA is hoping that we just 'hang on' and maybe 'get over it'.

The only thing that can save this series is to go 'Sims Medieval' (1 ep and then forget it) on Sims4;
    the game is cartoonish and half-baked. It is so far gone it cannot be saved.

The sooner people realise that this pile of junk is not going to amount to anything, the sooner Sims5 can start.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Juana wrote: »

Now I cant see any avatars. Oh well

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm not holding my breath, though... I would be praying for a miracle.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member

The only thing that can save this series is to go 'Sims Medieval' (1 ep and then forget it) on Sims4;

The sooner people realise that this pile of junk is not going to amount to anything, the sooner Sims5 can start.

I have to kindly disagree. There might never be toddlers, which I do agree on, but there will be some sort of family play EP or GP. We will probably have to wait two years like we did with TS3. If they do this to us family players again I will be extremely disappointed. I'm hoping they up their game and listen to their fans by holding off anything they have planned and concentrate on a generations type EP/GP first.

I'm afraid there won't be a Sims 5 if TS4 turns into another one of EAS forgotten (as you said Medieval) that's the way of business... If they don't get a good enough profit... They aren't going to try and make a new one, they will just abandon it. I'm 100% positive on that and I really don't want to see that happen.
  • Options
    Shearsy wrote: »

I have to kindly disagree. There might never be toddlers, which I do agree on, but there will be some sort of family play EP or GP. We will probably have to wait two years like we did with TS3. If they do this to us family players again I will be extremely disappointed. I'm hoping they up their game and listen to their fans by holding off anything they have planned and concentrate on a generations type EP/GP first.

I'm afraid there won't be a Sims 5 if TS4 turns into another one of EAS forgotten (as you said Medieval) that's the way of business... If they don't get a good enough profit... They aren't going to try and make a new one, they will just abandon it. I'm 100% positive on that and I really don't want to see that happen.

I'm with @Shearsy on this. Quite simply EA need to let go of false pride and get on with finishing the base.
  • Options
    I am sorry @Zolt but I agree with @Shearsy‌ :)

The company needs to tell us outright what if anything they plan to do about toddlers. A definitive yes or no is needed. If it is yes then it would make a wonderful Christmas present.

Go on EA surprise us :)

Sim enim est vita
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top