Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    t4dbirdst4dbirds Posts: 265 Member
    Ethyrdude wrote: »
    @t4dbirds - You're very welcome and I gave you a like to help speed things along.

LOL I'm now at 50pts. I quoted someone in the Santa NPC thread got the name dropper badge (didn't know that existed) and I'm 50. Well this was the most helpful discussion I've come across on the boards! Well my work is done!

I hope others read this thread and jump to 50 quick.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    t4dbirds wrote: »
    Ethyrdude wrote: »
    @t4dbirds - You're very welcome and I gave you a like to help speed things along.

LOL I'm now at 50pts. I quoted someone in the Santa NPC thread got the name dropper badge (didn't know that existed) and I'm 50. Well this was the most helpful discussion I've come across on the boards! Well my work is done!

I hope others read this thread and jump to 50 quick.

Awesome and glad to help!
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    > @Ethyrdude said:
    > sirpadfoot42‌
    >
    > You are at 41 points already, not sure if you need 30 posts but you do need 50 points, its not hard to get. Check out some other posts, there is a fun one here, that you may enjoy, where you just give the person who posted before a suitable trait based on their avi.
    Thank you for the link to the other thread. I just checked and thanks to you and some others I'm almost at 50 points already! The only other requirement I have to hit is 30 posts, which should be pretty easy at this rate. I'm at 8 right now (not counting this post), so I'm sure once I actually explore the forum a bit more I'll find some things to post on and get up to that point. Since I've been here since 2011 I have that requirement as well. It's looking easier by the minute, so I'm glad I didn't just throw up my hands in frustration and run away.
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    Sims2FTWSims2FTW Posts: 4 New Member
    Someone please tell me if we can change the username? I accidently made this one.... lol opps
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sims2FTW wrote: »
    Someone please tell me if we can change the username? I accidently made this one.... lol opps

Sorry, you can't.
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Sims2FTW wrote: »

Maybe customer service from origin can help you.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    It's stupid that we can't change our names. I made mine about a month before I used the forums as I made it for the exchange. I had no idea what to call myself, so this is what I came up with. Five and a half years later, here I am with the same username.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm not editing out the 'plum' this time. It's a new thing now, I declare it. Apparently ea thinks plums are...ya know.
  • Options
    ksstrekksstrek Posts: 73 Member
    With all the money I have spent on the sims over the years, I resent being considered a "new member" because they changed the format of the sims forums. I admit to being more of a lurker than poster, but this user name has been in effect since 2009.
  • Options
    hrl20100hrl20100 Posts: 20 Member
    > @ksstrek said:
    > With all the money I have spent on the sims over the years, I resent being considered a "new member" because they changed the format of the sims forums. I admit to being more of a lurker than poster, but this user name has been in effect since 2009.

Completely agree with this!
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    This member system has really encouraged simmers to start posting :D
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    IloaniIloani Posts: 73 Member
    It should go depending on years. I've been a member since 2k11 :\
  • Options
    This member system has really encouraged simmers to start posting :D

Yeah, I think it's pretty nice.
    I enjoy being around here and it's not a bad community
  • Options
    Iloani wrote: »
    It should go depending on years. I've been a member since 2k11 :\

You are already half-way there with your points. You'll have it in no time! Focus on the badges ;)
  • Options
    Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    Being a new member really stinks I hate the restrictions it keeps me from participating in forms and discussions that require them it's not like I'm new to Sims or anything
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • Options
    I was very active in the sims2 forums under a different name, and again active in the TSO forums under a different name, but all with the same email address. It has only been in the last couple years that I have not been as active on the forums. Computer systems can recognize IP addresses and email addresses, so as I said. I resent being considered a "new member."
  • Options
  • Options
    It appears so.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have 53 points, 30 posts and my account is older than 24 hours, but I am still a New Member. Do I have to do something else or does it take some time to update my status to Member?

EDIT: I am a member now.
    Post edited by lexus20 on
  • Options
    ValrhonaMaraValrhonaMara Posts: 9 New Member
    I understand why the system is in place, but for me, it really keeps me away from trying to get involved. Spent two hours and managed four comments. Hang my head in shame. It is not that I dislike what I see or read, in fact, much intimidates me in even attempting to share what it is that I do. I am shy. Quiet. I tend to only say something when I genuinely mean it and or have something specific to talk about. If one reaches that point, you may be unable to get me to shut-up. It happens. Sometimes…..

Here; I feel akin to my sim (who is a loner), being placed in a nightclub full of ‘other sims’ and having to romance and befriend a set number of these ‘other sims’ before I continue on with my aspiration. Tense moodlet inbound.

Again, I do understand why the system is in place and what it protects the community from. However for anyone like myself it is a frustrating deterrent. Typically, I would search out a thread of creative endeavors, section off a small bit of cyberspace as a post of my own and throw myself to the wolves.

Some of these wolves, I dubbed as evil-garden-gnome-trollers, would bite and draw blood ( Yes… I know, flesh grows back but I will miss that flesh). I could ignore these 'lovely' little gnomes…or envision myself stuffing fruit into the boosters of their rocketships. Both works. As for the other ‘wolves’…. Well, they are who I write for and we help each other. They are the creative moodlets that tease and taunt you with encouragement in not only words but also sharing of their stories and ideas. They help evolve a basic idea into something more and much bigger then what was started with. Those who get my humor, the direction of my insanity and appear crazy in just the right way to walk with me as I toss my sims into whatever whim of an idea I or we have floating around.

Do I make sense? Did I make sense? I have no bloody idea, but when you are sitting in the single digits….. Thirty seems such a -- long -- ways away. And here I sit and stare at a blinking curser after looking at someone’s beautiful build and I got …nothin. Oh words. How you taunt me so. Why is it that I can ramble to no one in particular and yet when it comes to talking or addressing someone specific… nothing. Zip. Zilch. Poof. My brain goes on Holiday to some fantastical world…. I only get post-cards from. And… great. I am talking to myself in my own post. Perfectly healthy. Perfectly normal.
  • Options
    sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey hey hey! Look who's a member finally!
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    Thanks for this thread. I was just wondering why I cannot post images of my toddlers in the "EA silence on family play and family play fans" thread. Now I know.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I understand why the system is in place, but for me, it really keeps me away from trying to get involved. Spent two hours and managed four comments. Hang my head in shame. It is not that I dislike what I see or read, in fact, much intimidates me in even attempting to share what it is that I do. I am shy. Quiet. I tend to only say something when I genuinely mean it and or have something specific to talk about. If one reaches that point, you may be unable to get me to shut-up. It happens. Sometimes….. <br />
    <br />
    Here; I feel akin to my sim (who is a loner), being placed in a nightclub full of ‘other sims’ and having to romance and befriend a set number of these ‘other sims’ before I continue on with my aspiration. Tense moodlet inbound. <br />
    <br />
    Again, I do understand why the system is in place and what it protects the community from. However for anyone like myself it is a frustrating deterrent. Typically, I would search out a thread of creative endeavors, section off a small bit of cyberspace as a post of my own and throw myself to the wolves. <br />
    <br />
    Some of these wolves, I dubbed as evil-garden-gnome-trollers, would bite and draw blood ( Yes… I know, flesh grows back but I will miss that flesh). I could ignore these 'lovely' little gnomes…or envision myself stuffing fruit into the boosters of their rocketships. Both works. As for the other ‘wolves’…. Well, they are who I write for and we help each other. They are the creative moodlets that tease and taunt you with encouragement in not only words but also sharing of their stories and ideas. They help evolve a basic idea into something more and much bigger then what was started with. Those who get my humor, the direction of my insanity and appear crazy in just the right way to walk with me as I toss my sims into whatever whim of an idea I or we have floating around.<br />
    <br />
    Do I make sense? Did I make sense? I have no bloody idea, but when you are sitting in the single digits….. Thirty seems such a -- long -- ways away. And here I sit and stare at a blinking curser after looking at someone’s beautiful build and I got …nothin. Oh words. How you taunt me so. Why is it that I can ramble to no one in particular and yet when it comes to talking or addressing someone specific… nothing. Zip. Zilch. Poof. My brain goes on Holiday to some fantastical world…. I only get post-cards from. And… great. I am talking to myself in my own post. Perfectly healthy. Perfectly normal.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm an introvert as well, and I really hate trying to talk to new people. Sure it may partially be social anxiety, but for me a lot of people just want to talk about how school is going or the weather, or something really boring thing like that.

The cool thing about a forum is you can skip all the formalities and just talk about what you all love. Now, I do get how you can feel intimidated there are some long timers like myself that may really seem to belong- but I certainly don't feel that way despite my post count.

I think the internet is over-run by introverts. I guess we just have more time to be on the internet, and we may often be the type to go on forums. I think there are a lot of people that aren't comfortable in real life on these forums- let's say 30% or something, but my point is that it's probably more than the general population.

Just dive in there, and know that no one is judging you. You are just one member amongst many others, and you aren't the only new poster, nor are you the only poster on a given thread. People here aren't trying to look for faults in what you write, in many ways we simmers agree on many things. The internet doesn't quite have to be as intimidating as reality. I hope I've helped a bit :D.
  • Options
    bewmmmmbewmmmm Posts: 84 Member
    I'm trying to post pics of the house I just finished in the new build threads. The gallery photos don't capture the full effect.. What is the quickest way to gain member status without having to link all social media?
  • Options
    bewmmmm wrote: »
    I'm trying to post pics of the house I just finished in the new build threads. The gallery photos don't capture the full effect.. What is the quickest way to gain member status without having to link all social media?

You could check out some threads here and see if there are any you have something small to contribute, so you can do that again as you need thirty posts to be a member. You could check out off topic too, there's some fast posting games there.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top