May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    We can change our profile pictures :D Does anyone recognize me B)
    So everything is back to normal?
    See, @Jonalin‌ I told you all it would be soon ;)
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Yay, I can have an avi and a sig! Thnx ptb.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    We can change our profile pictures :D Does anyone recognize me B)
    So everything is back to normal?
    See, @Jonalin‌ I told you all it would be soon ;)

I feel like I have wings to fly!

Ahhhhh....
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    Finally! Thanks!
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    29 more points and 5 posts to go - alrighty then.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    I think I can remove the part about the people joining since August now :D
  • Options
    If not being able to change your picture is a big deal to you, start a new account and use the alias of The Great Plumbob. That way you don't need to change your picture. And in case anyone is not familiar with this character, no one really knows for sure whether the Great Plumbob is male or female but this character rises out of the Great Plumbob patch every February to celebrate the release of The Sims in February of 2000. Long live the Great Plumbob!
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited December 2014
    Whoa really? I literally posted three times today and yesterday since like July (I didn't want to come back till I got sims 4 which I wanted to buy when it got cheaper) and I've already gained member status. I noticed that I had four likes from some posts I made in July which is interesting.
  • Options
    sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    This... is completely ridiculous. I've been a member since March of 2011 (that's almost FOUR YEARS now) and I can't edit my avatar, add a signature, or be considered a member just because I prefer to lurk and don't have "points". I didn't realise I'd gone back into high school!
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    edited December 2014
    This... is completely ridiculous. I've been a member since March of 2011 (that's almost FOUR YEARS now) and I can't edit my avatar, add a signature, or be considered a member just because I prefer to lurk and don't have "points". I didn't realise I'd gone back into high school!

Ugh yeah that is really stupid. Not everyone posts like I used to lol xD. Doesn't mean you're any lower of a forum member as this new system would make it seem.

The idea of it does seem to be in the right place, but every system has its faults.
  • Options

Ugh yeah that is really stupid. Not everyone posts like I used to lol xD. Doesn't mean you're any lower of a forum member as this new system would make it seem.

The idea of it does seem to be in the right place, but every system has its faults.

Hhaha no you're not :P
    It's good intentions to keep us all safe from seeing nude children :s and cartoon characters
    Just post a little more now, be involved. It's a lot of fun actually and then whenever you come back, you will be a member and able to everything.

Most of us had to go through this, only a few were lucky enough to have gathered a bunch of point before the system even kicked in.
  • Options

It's good intentions to keep us all safe from seeing nude children :s and cartoon characters
    Just post a little more now, be involved. It's a lot of fun actually and then whenever you come back, you will be a member and able to everything.

Most of us had to go through this, only a few were lucky enough to have gathered a bunch of point before the system even kicked in.

I'm not what? I'm sure despite quoting me, you were mostly talking to sirpadfoot.

Why does this forum not let me type st u pid?!
  • Options

I'm not what? I'm sure despite quoting me, you were mostly talking to sirpadfoot.

Why does this forum not let me type st u pid?!

"Why does this forum not let me type st u pid?!" You wrote in the above quote :O You removed it lol. That's what I said, " you're not" for haha

Yeha, I was replying in general.
  • Options
    Oh, I deleted it because when I edited it, the word turned back to st u pid. Then I come back and it was back to plum...
  • Options
    @06Bon06 >> You are correct, I had a good time in the forums today.
  • Options
    Well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I'm already at 34 points and it takes, what, 50 to be able to do some stuff? So that's not so bad. And I would rather *not* see naked kids and whatnot, so I do understand why this system was put into place, it's just a little frustrating for someone like me who prefers to lurk. Of course, once I get enough points to do what I want I suppose I can just go back to lurking. :p
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    Likes for you to get points faster!
  • Options
    > @simsgal2227 said:
    > Likes for you to get points faster!
    I like that! ;)
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    @sirpadfoot42

Could you answer a few questions for me.
    As anew member can you change your profile picture?
    Can you write on walls?
  • Options
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > sirpadfoot42
    >
    > Could you answer a few questions for me.
    > As anew member can you change your profile picture?
    > Can you write on walls?

I'm able to write on my own wall (at least, I assume that's what that place is when I go to my own profile), but I still don't have the capability to change my profile picture or add a signature at this point.
    Okay, I just went to your wall and was able to place a comment, yes (I deleted it however, just testing the ability).
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    > @06Bon06 said:<br />
    > sirpadfoot42<br />
    > <br />
    > Could you answer a few questions for me.<br />
    > As anew member can you change your profile picture?<br />
    > Can you write on walls?<br />
    <br />
    I'm able to write on my own wall (at least, I assume that's what that place is when I go to my own profile), but I still don't have the capability to change my profile picture or add a signature at this point.<br />
    Okay, I just went to your wall and was able to place a comment, yes (I deleted it however, just testing the ability).

Thank you so much!
    I'll add that the the front :) That's defiantly a new restriction.
  • Options
    @sirpadfoot42‌

You are at 41 points already, not sure if you need 30 posts but you do need 50 points, its not hard to get. Check out some other posts, there is a fun one here, that you may enjoy, where you just give the person who posted before a suitable trait based on their avi.
  • Options
    t4dbirdst4dbirds Posts: 265 Member
    I'm glad I came across this post somehow never saw it before. But then I don't have much time to look through all the posts. Like someone else said I mostly lurk. I've joined in 2009 but only have 25pnts. Guess I hadn't really looked at my page before. Wonder how many more posts before I'm at 50. Even though I mostly work, I do have people I like to write on their walls and I like having an avatar.

off to check the thread that Ethyrdude posted - Thanks!
  • Options
    t4dbirdst4dbirds Posts: 265 Member
    OMG this last post brought me up to 43 points :D Guess it was my 100th post on this site. Though it says my posts are 260 go figure.
  • Options
    @t4dbirds - You're very welcome and I gave you a like to help speed things along.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top