Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers cut partially because of Simmers themselves & how S4 dlc works...

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gramz777 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    qrlcode wrote: »
    @qrlcode I appreciate youve supported our play style being reinstated but I am afraid its EAs fault that so many people are so upset and disillusioned. EA should be dealing efficiently with the problem and then people wouldnt feel like they have to keep trying to shout to at least get acknowledged. Because so far they havent even acknowledged that there is a big problem within the *type of family play* I and others enjoy. It doesnt exist in 4 and we so desperately want to be given access to the new sims sequel.

You've handled it amazingly and I make a point to read your thread regularly because it is important. I think it's unfortunate that there is this big cloud hanging over the game, dampening the impact of new features for many people. That's what I'm trying to say: they have to, at this point, patch in something to fix it and it seems like toddlers are the best first start.

Thank you lovely, it helps to have genuinely lovely community simmers like you who support us-its very much appreciated :smile:
    Toddlers and family trees would calm the community down an awful lot. I think part of the issue too is the sort of reception we have had where 'oh well I don't care about toddlers so plum' or 'I feel like you should shh because they will defo come' with no supporting evidence. Thats very hurtful to those of us whose games rely on those integral options. We always had the option for others to age up and skip if they didn't like it-its not very nice to be shut out and then talked down to :-1:

Will it though? I sort of feel like if it's not toddlers it will be something else. I'm not saying you don't have reason to be upset, but I don't see toddlers being added to the game changing the hostility of the forums. :(

The hostility still is present because those who really like the TS4 still tell people to go back to other games, or to stop posting their questions and or they have never told the entire community they are sorry for talking down to those who have a legitimate reason to voice what they want in this game.

It comes from not being acknowledged by EA...those long dry spells where EA doesn't say anything to players but has become the joke around the water coolers. These are paying customers who have spent a lot on this series in fourteen years. Not only did they buy the original bases and EPs but went even further and bought the comp packs, Like the mixture of the bases and EPs and or SPs. For all these games. They have spent hundreds if not a thousand on this series. I think they are entitled to say whatever it is they wish to tell this company. They are the reason there is even a TS4 because of they money they spent on Maxis games all these years. Not only in The Sims, but all other Maxis games. They have paid helped pay these people's paychecks for years. I think they can be given a little slack, don't you?

"It comes from not being acknowledged by EA...those long dry spells where EA doesn't say anything to players but has become the joke around the water coolers."

and maybe that should be a clue....has it not crossed your mind that maybe EA is trying to give you guys a polite hint?? I don't see them jumping through hoops and many of you are acknowledging that as well, so i think they will be alright if you take your money elsewhere where you will be happy. I think they knew that some would not be happy and anticipated some players leaving..but it's been months since the release and i think it's clear they are not going to make any changes, or least enough changes to make some of you happy unfortunately. Just a thought.

Lol, you think? that's an idea especially considering the things their COO has said (Peter what's his name) said about how long time players of games are the hardest to convince they need to move on and get with the new generation of playing online and or mobile etc. I hope for your sake the long times players who have supported this franchise for fifteen years or longer (some since the first SC back in the late '80's) I myself played Sim City 2000 back in the day...lol, don't leave because I doubt there will be enough left to buy those game packs and or to keep the game going long enough to last five more years. :#

See this is why EA laughs and makes fun of negative posters...you really believe you hold the keys and will make or break their pocket book. shakes head

Of course not. I believe EA would like for all of us to leave to be honest. But then who would visit their official forums? A handful? As much as you guys complain (not you, just in general) they can't post happy threads, well, we were all separated and except for this thread here about why toddlers were left out ( speculation) doesn't seem to be filled with OMG happy threads. Even those who loved this game a month ago are now saying they done messed up by messing with their goal oriented game play, or not working on what 'they' would like to see in this game ( which didn't include family play) and they have even gone back to the TS2 or TS3. So, if we are 'contained' as you put it into one thread over in the feedback sections (which is fine by me) where are all those happy threads that can't be posted? Nothing is stopping them from posting them...but I see and you may see something totally different is they aren't posting any because they 'too' are now bored and not playing or they start out with I love this game but....so it's not just those who are unhappy about family play but those who preordered and now even they have turned on EA. Lol..not funny but laughable in a light hearted way. Because they were the ones telling people to go somewhere else but isn't it strange they are now starting to agree with people who were 'right' in some form or fashion and even they have went back to the old games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    @qrlcode I appreciate youve supported our play style being reinstated but I am afraid its EAs fault that so many people are so upset and disillusioned. EA should be dealing efficiently with the problem and then people wouldnt feel like they have to keep trying to shout to at least get acknowledged. Because so far they havent even acknowledged that there is a big problem within the *type of family play* I and others enjoy. It doesnt exist in 4 and we so desperately want to be given access to the new sims sequel.

You've handled it amazingly and I make a point to read your thread regularly because it is important. I think it's unfortunate that there is this big cloud hanging over the game, dampening the impact of new features for many people. That's what I'm trying to say: they have to, at this point, patch in something to fix it and it seems like toddlers are the best first start.

Thank you lovely, it helps to have genuinely lovely community simmers like you who support us-its very much appreciated :smile:
    Toddlers and family trees would calm the community down an awful lot. I think part of the issue too is the sort of reception we have had where 'oh well I don't care about toddlers so plum' or 'I feel like you should shh because they will defo come' with no supporting evidence. Thats very hurtful to those of us whose games rely on those integral options. We always had the option for others to age up and skip if they didn't like it-its not very nice to be shut out and then talked down to :-1:

Will it though? I sort of feel like if it's not toddlers it will be something else. I'm not saying you don't have reason to be upset, but I don't see toddlers being added to the game changing the hostility of the forums. :(

The hostility still is present because those who really like the TS4 still tell people to go back to other games, or to stop posting their questions and or they have never told the entire community they are sorry for talking down to those who have a legitimate reason to voice what they want in this game.

It comes from not being acknowledged by EA...those long dry spells where EA doesn't say anything to players but has become the joke around the water coolers. These are paying customers who have spent a lot on this series in fourteen years. Not only did they buy the original bases and EPs but went even further and bought the comp packs, Like the mixture of the bases and EPs and or SPs. For all these games. They have spent hundreds if not a thousand on this series. I think they are entitled to say whatever it is they wish to tell this company. They are the reason there is even a TS4 because of they money they spent on Maxis games all these years. Not only in The Sims, but all other Maxis games. They have paid helped pay these people's paychecks for years. I think they can be given a little slack, don't you?

"It comes from not being acknowledged by EA...those long dry spells where EA doesn't say anything to players but has become the joke around the water coolers."

and maybe that should be a clue....has it not crossed your mind that maybe EA is trying to give you guys a polite hint?? I don't see them jumping through hoops and many of you are acknowledging that as well, so i think they will be alright if you take your money elsewhere where you will be happy. I think they knew that some would not be happy and anticipated some players leaving..but it's been months since the release and i think it's clear they are not going to make any changes, or least enough changes to make some of you happy unfortunately. Just a thought.

Lol, you think? that's an idea especially considering the things their COO has said (Peter what's his name) said about how long time players of games are the hardest to convince they need to move on and get with the new generation of playing online and or mobile etc. I hope for your sake the long times players who have supported this franchise for fifteen years or longer (some since the first SC back in the late '80's) I myself played Sim City 2000 back in the day...lol, don't leave because I doubt there will be enough left to buy those game packs and or to keep the game going long enough to last five more years. :#

See this is why EA laughs and makes fun of negative posters...you really believe you hold the keys and will make or break their pocket book. shakes head

Big deal. It doesn't matter what you think, or that you're the Oracle of Maxis. People have been encouraged to speak up, and speak up they will. Like I said earlier, it's not our jobs on the line.
  • Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member

Of course not. I believe EA would like for all of us to leave to be honest. But then who would visit their official forums? A handful? As much as you guys complain (not you, just in general) they can't post happy threads, well, we were all separated and except for this thread here about why toddlers were left out ( speculation) doesn't seem to be filled with OMG happy threads. Even those who loved this game a month ago are now saying they done messed up by messing with their goal oriented game play, or not working on what 'they' would like to see in this game ( which didn't include family play) and they have even gone back to the TS2 or TS3. So, if we are 'contained' as you put it into one thread over in the feedback sections (which is fine by me) where are all those happy threads that can't be posted? Nothing is stopping them from posting them...but I see and you may see something totally different is they aren't posting any because they 'too' are now bored and not playing or they start out with I love this game but....so it's not just those who are unhappy about family play but those who preordered and now even they have turned on EA. Lol..not funny but laughable in a light hearted way. Because they were the ones telling people to go somewhere else but isn't it strange they are now starting to agree with people who were 'right' in some form or fashion and even they have went back to the old games.

It's not a place to be if you enjoy the game..this forum is overran by the unhappy simmers. Once that changes, this forum will pick back up.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Don't worry @SelenaGrey we all deal with things differently and we can look after ourselves :smile:

You may find it daft to try to campaign for change but for many of us feel it's reclaiming pride that was damaged by the way EA handled this and treated us. It's a matter of principle and we've found support for each other instead of being made to feel like we are lonely customers with no others who notice our play style being trashed.
  • Options

It's not a place to be if you enjoy the game..this forum is overran by the unhappy simmers. Once that changes, this forum will pick back up.

Please note, I didn't start this thread. I assume this thread was started by someone who is still playing the TS4 (note he hasn't returned to this thread but let it wander off topic) and still likes it very much..I assume. I'm not the reason this thread exists. You will have to take that up with the original poster who started this thread wanting to share why EA Sports people Laugh at Maxis and their customers. And wanted to explain why toddlers 'may have' been left out strictly due to the telemetry of the data mining. If you have problems with anything negative in this thread I suggest you ask the OP why he started this thread? It wasn't me, but since it is here I decided to post that I think all that is hogwash.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member

You can't run the majority of the community off, because they don't appeal to you. So very wrong.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    You know how you start to Google something and suggestions as to what you want pop up? If I Google simcity one of the possible entries is "simcity disaster".

Maybe telling EA how unhappy you are does do something?

I know I will continue to state that I am unhappy. EA has my money and I'd like them to know that I'm not entirely happy with the product. I don't try to start fights or tell people not to play the game. What I do is up to me and what any one else does is up to them.

I do think dissatisfaction with the game and why people are dissatisfied should be an ongoing topic here.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You know how you start to Google something and suggestions as to what you want pop up? If I Google simcity one of the possible entries is "simcity disaster".

I know I will continue to state that I am unhappy. EA has my money and I'd like them to know that I'm not entirely happy with the product. I don't try to start fights or tell people not to play the game. What I do is up to me and what any one else does is up to them.

I do think dissatisfaction with the game and why people are dissatisfied should be an ongoing topic here.

Hear hear! We shouldn't be censoring disappointment. If that starts what's the point exactly? They will have to spend a fortune trying to find out why things are wrong rather than seeing it clearly here.

Btw it's in the etiquette thread rules. We are perfectly allowed to be disappointed without being mocked or driven away by that.

Edited to add @SelenaGrey thanks :smile:
  • Options

I agree. I don't care what people do in their game, as long as I can play what I would like to play in mine. That is why I was disappointed in the patch concerning the linear type aspirations. As @SelenaGrey pointed out the other day they are even more scripted in some places and it hurt her play style and actually did nothing for mine. That we agreed about, we both wanted choices and that to me would have been a better plan. However, it's clear EA (whoever it is) isn't willing to actually give people those choices if it moves too far from their vision (EA's) of how they want this game to play. Players want choices and for there to be choices there has to be different things in the game and not everything set in stone. But it is becoming somewhat clear to me EA's vision is their vision no matter if you like the scripted play or if you don't. They are still going to cater to themselves or I would have seen actual choices....at least that is my 'vision'.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Cinebar‌
    Maybe we just haven't been loud enough long enough.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

I agree. I don't care what people do in their game, as long as I can play what I would like to play in mine. That is why I was disappointed in the patch concerning the linear type aspirations. As @SelenaGrey pointed out the other day they are even more scripted in some places and it hurt her play style and actually did nothing for mine. That we agreed about, we both wanted choices and that to me would have been a better plan. However, it's clear EA (whoever it is) isn't willing to actually give people those choices if it moves too far from their vision (EA's) of how they want this game to play. Players want choices and for there to be choices there has to be different things in the game and not everything set in stone. But it is becoming somewhat clear to me EA's vision is their vision no matter if you like the scripted play or if you don't. They are still going to cater to themselves or I would have seen actual choices....at least that is my 'vision'.
    Yep, I haven't played in a couple days since that. Also, they nerfed my never weary trait I worked for so my sims didn't need sleep, and now they do. Who even asked for that? Who are they listening to? Cause it isn't me, and it isn't you.

Sadly I think it boils down to money. They took the cheapest attempt of a compromise rather than actually investing proper time to do a proper job :-( as with most cheap jobs it might look good on the surface but the rust soon eats through.
  • Options

Yep, I haven't played in a couple days since that. Also, they nerfed my never weary trait I worked for so my sims didn't need sleep, and now they do. Who even asked for that? Who are they listening to? Cause it isn't me, and it isn't you.

Yes, I can agree with you about that. I would be steamed if some trait I had worked hard to get was no longer working! That's like me working really hard in the TS2 (filling the Sims wants) to gain some aspiration points (37,000 of them ) to get the Elixer of Life jug only to find out it no longer worked! or if that had happened when I got around 27,000 ? points to get the Engergizer to set all motives to full...and then use it and find out it didn't work.. I would be miffed!

I know we have our disagreements but I don't know you are right, they didn't listen to fans who wanted a choice to just gain skills the old way anyway we saw fit and they didn't listen to you guys...so the only logical thing to think at this point is they only listen to themselves and what they wanted? maybe
  • Options
    sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > Sadly I think it boils down to money. They took the cheapest attempt of a compromise rather than actually investing proper time to do a proper job :-( as with most cheap jobs it might look good on the surface but the rust soon eats through.

It always boils down to money. And part of the problem is that there will always be people who will complain about what's left out or how EA is running its business, and then hand their money over anyway to buy the newest thing, bugs and all. (Sadly I'm usually one of those people because new!Shiny!) I keep reading from the gurus that they are listening to us, so *hopefully* they'll see that people really are disappointed with a lack of toddlers (among other things) and will do what they can to incorporate them into the game in future (and, hopefully, without making it 20$ just to get a new phase that should've been included in the base game to begin with).
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Who are they listening to? Cause it isn't me, and it isn't you.

oa3a9tykNy0BrDtlQfEIlFQ-LCMcT-4_Q1ScZxpXywRfvC9jKq-pkMWZP9LGG0Nm3xbU=w300

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    We were asked to be respectful of each other while posting and CERTAIN people are terrible at being polite, would bring others down than face that this game isn't perfect for everyone. Yes, criticism does help companies improve, EA has never asked us praise the ground they walk on but rather encourages US to tell them what's wrong.

I'll continue doing that, if you have a problem with that, then just don't read what I write ;)
  • Options

Sadly I think it boils down to money. They took the cheapest attempt of a compromise rather than actually investing proper time to do a proper job :-( as with most cheap jobs it might look good on the surface but the rust soon eats through.
    BINGO. It was easier to just cut away the list rather than rework it to suit everyone. I still don't understand the nerf to traits.. :(

I don't even try to understand their thoughts on anything anymore-for my own sanity! :wink:

> @sparkfairy1 said:<br />
    > Sadly I think it boils down to money. They took the cheapest attempt of a compromise rather than actually investing proper time to do a proper job :-( as with most cheap jobs it might look good on the surface but the rust soon eats through.<br />
    <br />
    It always boils down to money. And part of the problem is that there will always be people who will complain about what's left out or how EA is running its business, and then hand their money over anyway to buy the newest thing, bugs and all. (Sadly I'm usually one of those people because new!Shiny!) I keep reading from the gurus that they are listening to us, so *hopefully* they'll see that people really are disappointed with a lack of toddlers (among other things) and will do what they can to incorporate them into the game in future (and, hopefully, without making it 20$ just to get a new phase that should've been included in the base game to begin with).

Yes of course. But I think this time there were resentments about sims3 carried onto sims4 and with the savage cuts people have finally broken that buy everything spell. Trust me I own everything minus some minor dlc that wasn't to my taste and Katy perry so I was that customer too. No longer. They took it far too far :disappointed:
  • Options
    Who are they listening to? Cause it isn't me, and it isn't you.

oa3a9tykNy0BrDtlQfEIlFQ-LCMcT-4_Q1ScZxpXywRfvC9jKq-pkMWZP9LGG0Nm3xbU=w300

Aha thanks that was really funny. Made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @TOLKIEN Interesting discussions you have there -- I just usually end up talking hockey or baseball with my friends. B)

What if they released toddlers with basic interactions and objects as free DLC (the way we got the Holiday stuff), then shortly after came out with a Generations game pack with increased objects and interactions not just for toddlers, but for the entire family? One of the biggest complaints about Sims 3 Generations was that it was really too skimpy to be a true expansion -- and truth be told if we'd had "game packs" for Sims 3 it would have been a perfect candidate for that treatment. The players who are absolutely opposed to toddlers could choose not to download them, but they could still buy the Generations GP if there's a way to keep the coding for toddler interactions/objects not activated if toddlers aren't present. Or maybe there could be a free Toddler GP with purchase of Generations that those with toddlers could download, and that would include all the toddler interactions/stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

I know things are cost effective and that is why many things are never revisited. However, I think they aren't going to step too far away from their 'vision' of this game which is very goal oriented right down to the emotions and having to do hoops to change the emotion and or collect things to help the emotion etc. I think they have set this vision in their heads...from the beginning and no matter what Any player wants I don't think they are going to go too far off that mark. I think perhaps they might be actually more rigid (sorry gurus it's just my personal opinion and doesn't mean it's true) than even players who are at odds with one another on here.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    rating by what simmers played most with isnt a fair way of deciding what is in and what is out. They CLEARLY made so many mistakes here otherwise WE would be happy. I dont think we are asking for thinks we think we need, but actually dont. We have proved this before the release and also after it.. toddlers dont have a long life stage, so how can u play with it as long as an adult? That i dont play 100 days with a toddler, doesnt mean i do not like it almost the same as a adult. It is something that i think is needed in some time in a sims life. Its not that we want toddlers or pregnant sims every day. it would be unrealistic and thats not how the story lines would work.

In real life, people like babies, but no one wants a baby every day in their life, its a period thing and thats why we want them. Its what toddlers are all about. Having them when you are ready and then enjoy the heck out of it. When its over, ur happy and maybe theres a change you want it again. We need that option just the same as we need sims to die. Its not something we play everyday, but it has to be in it.
    Its ridiculous how they assumed that we wont need them, cause of the play-time. Hope this clears things up..

* enabled send online 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to EA *
  • Options
    @TOLKIEN Interesting discussions you have there -- I just usually end up talking hockey or baseball with my friends. B)

What if they released toddlers with basic interactions and objects as free DLC (the way we got the Holiday stuff), then shortly after came out with a Generations game pack with increased objects and interactions not just for toddlers, but for the entire family? One of the biggest complaints about Sims 3 Generations was that it was really too skimpy to be a true expansion -- and truth be told if we'd had "game packs" for Sims 3 it would have been a perfect candidate for that treatment. The players who are absolutely opposed to toddlers could choose not to download them, but they could still buy the Generations GP if there's a way to keep the coding for toddler interactions/objects not activated if toddlers aren't present. Or maybe there could be a free Toddler GP with purchase of Generations that those with toddlers could download, and that would include all the toddler interactions/stuff.

The only think I want to know is that toddlers will be base content because I don't want them locked out of further eps because they aren't. Do you see what I mean?
    I've no problem with basic b]well made[/b] toddlers and furniture/clothes then further expansion from this in a completely full and value for money content pack
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    @stilljustme2‌ That's such a good compromise. Patching makes them part of the base game for future expansion but there's also an option for EA to make money (and the reality is they need it to keep developing the game).

Maybe the option to customize life stages will come back is people can spend as much or as little time as they want with toddlers (and everyone else).
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

Thanks for that memory. When I see it -I only think how EA missed an opportunity to make toddlers even better in 4.

I still love the Sims 2.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @stilljustme2‌ That's such a good compromise. Patching makes them part of the base game for future expansion but there's also an option for EA to make money (and the reality is they need it to keep developing the game).

Maybe the option to customize life stages will come back is people can spend as much or as little time as they want with toddlers (and everyone else).

In Sims 3 Seasons, there was the Weather Stone that only activated if you had Supernatural also installed -- could they do something similar with toddler animations/objects/CAS? I'm just trying to think of a way to get toddlers in game, but for those who hate hate HATE them (or so they claim), they can avoid them. (Other option would be an option to turn off the age stage, but that might be beyond the game engine's capability.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member

In Sims 3 Seasons, there was the Weather Stone that only activated if you had Supernatural also installed -- could they do something similar with toddler animations/objects/CAS? I'm just trying to think of a way to get toddlers in game, but for those who hate hate HATE them (or so they claim), they can avoid them. (Other option would be an option to turn off the age stage, but that might be beyond the game engine's capability.)

Well in the sims 4 you can age up anyone with a cake so seeing a toddler for 5 seconds while you do that shouldn't be a huge issue. I don't think we need to toggle them in game options at all.

Good point. I think making them entirely optional would limit too much, and there's no real need since other life stages aren't optional. Aging up should suffice.