Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Massive Announcement In A Few Days?

With SimGurus and professionals involved with new content and an upcoming expansion pack teasing us through tweets, is it fair to assume a massive announcement is coming soon?

I would say so.

Comments

• Options
    InnuendoPlumbobInnuendoPlumbob Posts: 140 Member
    Yes, they are gonna add toddlers in a Free patch :cry:
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Well, there's a new update coming this month with the winter sweater and the new careers!
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    The only massive thing that should be announced is a massive patch that addresses massive bugs.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    renzilla wrote: »
    Well, there's a new update coming this month with the winter sweater and the new careers!

I believe solmthing much bigger will be announced.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It's possible, but it is unlikely right now. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    colton147 wrote: »

I think these tweets are to hype up the announcement, because, overall, EA is so tight lipped.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member

That is what I think. The new patch will give us some more to do and then there is Christmas/New Years to survive and recovery from overspending. I think they will wait at least until Jan., but it would be neat to know sooner. As the song goes, Our Merriest Christmas needs just one thing more... >:)

• Options
    davina1221 wrote: »

That is what I think. The new patch will give us some more to do and then there is Christmas/New Years to survive and recovery from overspending. I think they will wait at least until Jan., but it would be neat to know sooner. As the song goes, Our Merriest Christmas needs just one thing more... >:)

But if they announced an EP now, it would likely not be out for at least three months.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No, they just like to jerk us around. ;)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think we are going to get a surprise this month.

The-Office.gif
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I honestly didn't think they'd announce an EP so soon after the release of the base game, but actually, after seeing the mysterious tweet from SimGuruTrev I think it might actually be an EP announcement! Which makes me very happy :blush:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    In TS2, the expansion was announced on the back of the base game box at the time of release actually. I don't recall how early it was announced with TS3, but it was early. And, of course, the TS3 store was live, I believe, when TS3 was released or very shortly thereafter.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    They better be toddlers. Or else they'll have to deal with Sarah (my avi), she's been craving some developer blood lately.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I've come to notice a pattern with the SimGurus. They only give hints when they are close to releasing something or some information. Take the patch for example. It is December and SimGuruTrev gave some word guessing games. Just my two cents that there will be a lot in the December patch.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Maybe EA will throw in a little something something for christmas :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,537 Member
    Derrick

I hope your right. I really want to hear about the expansion pack and find out the theme. I need something to look foward to. I can see this happening in the upcoming Live Broadcast with the patch. I'm also hoping they will announce the release date for the DLC Store and details on how it will work.

The LB would be the perfect opportunity for them to make a big announcement. And speaking of LB if one isn't announced tomorrow for Tuesday I wouldn't expect the patch this week. Also the gurus arn't using the bat gnomes as their avie on twitter so I'm getting worried we may have to wait another week for the patch.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Seems that way.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    renzilla wrote: »

I believe solmthing much bigger will be announced.

I certainly wouldn't be mad at that!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I don't like getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,537 Member
    What if it's a new neighborhood being included in the patch?
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member

That's what I think. There was a picture that they took with a window in the background with a neighborhood that did not look familiar at all. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Well they certainly can't charge what they did for worlds last time. And each ep should have 2 worlds if they are going to stay as small as they are.

I'll take a new world, but it should have a new venue with it. It should either include a pool venue that was overlooked in the last patch, or it should include an office building, or stadium, to sync with the two careers they are patching.

• Options
    mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    I will be happy whatever it is! It will be nice to have something to look forward to :)
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 644 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Well they certainly can't charge what they did for worlds last time. And each ep should have 2 worlds if they are going to stay as small as they are.

I'll take a new world, but it should have a new venue with it. It should either include a pool venue that was overlooked in the last patch, or it should include an office building, or stadium, to sync with the two careers they are patching.

I am so hoping for a stadium...even more so, I am hoping for some sports content, i.e, basketball hoops, bleachers, oooh a baseball mound with a batters practice thingy (sorry, not sure what its called but it throws the ball out, allowing you to practice batting the ball), baseball/football that sims could toss around to each other like in sims 3, etc. I want so badly to build a basketball court in my sims 4 world.

EA...pretty please, come on, you know you wanna, awww shucks, what the heck, it's christmas month. You know you will feel all good inside, especially if you open the world up some more for us poor simmers who are contending with sims that are just plain feeling rather closed in, constrained, and claustrophobic right about now. Hello! Sim Gurus, haven't you guys at EA heard the Willow Creek, and Oasis Springs town news by now?

Well, you you would have heard the town news if we had office buildings, with newspaper stands that our sims could purchase the daily newspaper, so they (and you) could keep up with the neighborly news already ;)

So come on, give our sims some place new to visit, and something really fun to do for christmas...you know you wanna o:)

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    In TS2, the expansion was announced on the back of the base game box at the time of release actually. I don't recall how early it was announced with TS3, but it was early. And, of course, the TS3 store was live, I believe, when TS3 was released or very shortly thereafter.

Mylita

I think the store opened at the same time the game was released; the first available item was the free world Riverview.

As for EPs, IIRC WA was announced in August, just 2 months after Sims 3 base game was released, then came out in November. So it's not really all that early. I'd expect if they're announcing it now, it'll be available in February or March (preferably March since I've got a birthday that month).

Or it could possibly be about the Mac version of the game they've been working on.

Just got home from a quickie trip out of town, so have to catch up on the latest news... :o

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)