Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you write your own titles and descriptions for your books?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BarghaestBarghaest Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2014
    I do. Usually it's based on the household (my main Sim tends to do dark fantasy or gothic horror). During the small bit I played in the week after I bought the game, I did do some rotational play and wrote some books with some of the sims (one of the households that autonomously moved in the father wanted to be a writer and I had him do a few children's books - mainly doing Sim style spoofing of Dr. Seuss titles and three collections of nursery rhymes from "Father Moose"... when he had a whim for poetry or non-fiction, I did a web search for some titles for Japanese-American books since the father appeared to be Asian and he did a haiku collection and an story about his families immigration - I can't recall the titles now, I'm sorry, but they were variants on titles I found on Wikipedia and I know the non-fiction idea I used was based upon the book 17 Syllables). I normally put a lot of thought into the titles and descriptions of books and I'm glad the process is when you start now instead of when the book is finished (had to do some note keeping in Sims 2 to remember what icons I used for a book to make sure the title/description meshed so I basically came up with that at the start anyway) but was disappointed you get basically one copy and when you send it to be published it seemed to completely poof... my Sims 2 world was littered with custom books sims I controlled had written that were available for purchase by other sims but I have yet to find a way to get a copy of them in Sims 4 after they're published.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    The titles are so good I usual don't.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited December 2014
    Wait, we can make up plots/descriptions? Where? How?
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    egurehegureh Posts: 21 Member
    Sure I do. It feels like I am the editor of my sim writer.
    But also I found myself easily hit an "Editor's Block", even before my sim hit his "Writer's Block".
    Naming a book is not a simple work... and I'm so happy when I beat my Editor's Block debuff. :D
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    In The Sims I give books names that I one day hope to publish in real life.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Titles only!
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Ok I give mine these titles:

1. The Werewolf Child.
    2. Armageddon.
    3. The Lady in Red.
    4. Men of the Shadows.
    5. R.M.S. Titanic.
    6. The Lost City of Atlantis.
    7. The Year of the Zombies.
    8. The Trials of God.
    9. A New World Part One.
    10. A New World Part Two.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Yes and every title is different and they're all funny named. That feature is one of my favorite :-D The are like kids to me, they all deserve an own name
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @calee
    That new mod that lets you keep a copy of the book froze my Sim at the mailbox when she tried to publish a book. I tried to reset my sim but had to exit without saving. Went back and tried it again and she froze again so I took the mod out.
  • Options
    s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    @WriterJunkie that's such a cool idea! :)
    Only started posting recently after lurking on the forums for 5 years! :)
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Yes, once I've made a book called "the lost and found" and "what's in unicorn's box"
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    jessicarsmssnjessicarsmssn Posts: 28 New Member
    My favorite title I have come up with is "Star Bars: The Blackout Hole".
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I usually give the books a name, not so much a description. The title usually has something to do with either llamas or freezer bunnies. The Llama Wars, Freezer Bunny From Space, Attack of Lenny, EFB, stuff like that. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I always name my own books and they're always about the family. My latest book was titled " Serena hunting for new husband no. 7 "
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    I do because in my story my Sim father is a writer and he's writing about his past. The sad thing is after he sells them, they disappear. I should start making copies of them just to keep them in the household.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Titles, at least. They're usually inside jokes so I get a good laugh out of seeing them again.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I have no originality so I generally use titles of films or books. The description is usually an ultra-abridged version of the story.

I have tried making up descriptions to the generated titles, but they never seem to fit the genre.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yep. That's part of the fun of writing. I can't recall any off the top of my head. I haven't been playing a writer recently.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Yes, I always title my books. I haven't given descriptions though. I might start doing that now that someone genius ;) has made it possible to keep the books we write.
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    lmao sometimes. I mean, I'm lazy so most of my book titles are just song titles or movie titles. For TS3, my author Sims had a Heroes series she was writing. lmao /lazy.
  • Options
    simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    Yes, I usually give them funny or simply pointless titles and descriptions. :smile:
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I do sometimes. But it's really hard for me to sum up a master piece in less than 160 characters
    1FKDfKj.png