Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    edited November 2014
    despina53 wrote: »
    OK, I just went to the DD page to look at "Seeing Stars". I own all the components of the set and it always wanted me to buy the set for 2100sp. I see a green download button on the DD page even though the set is *not* CYS. When I go to the set page it says I can buy it for 571sp. I'm not sure I trust that green download button. Since I already own it all, I would just be doing it for the completionist in me. What do you all think?
    Don't do it. I did that with the Greenhouse, and it charged me the DD price. (I had already owned it through the Best Of compilation.) I had to call customer service to fix it. They did, by refunding the simpoints. But you may not get someone as nice, or as knowledgeable, or as willing to help you. I wouldn't risk it, unless you want it anyway.

I personally own all the items as well, and I'm seeing a green download on the DD page but a Buy Now on the set page. I'm not going to click that button, because I suspect I will be charged.

You will be charged. I just woke up and plumly did click that green download button. Should have come here first, but I opened the store site to see if there were still ads, because I needed to sleep again and missed the night time ads.

Can't believed I wasted 571 points like that. I should have at least have had coffee first.

I tried reading back, but there were a lot of posts. So I have forgotten most of what I wanted to say.

A belated Happy Birthday to @Taw3001. :D Glad it sounds like you had a great one.

And it's probably @KittyKat8103's birthday now.
    So Happy Birthday to you. :D I hope you will also be having a wonderful day.

ETA: I embraced the plum. ;)
    Post edited by awellenbl on
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited November 2014
    Sounds a lot like my Dad and I! He's gotten me into a lot of music because of it. It's cool seeingpsrents and their children get a long in the music area. :p

It is huh! Now she asks me if there's any bands to recommend to her lol. At parent/teacher conferences her science teacher started talking about music and brought up The Offspring. He said he had brought them up to the class and they were all Eh, who's that. I was like, yup, I love The Offspring too. When she realized I liked this band she asked me if I could show her some of their songs lol.
    Hahah! Even I know who they are ;)
    Sometimes it blows my mind when I find out the teenagers right now don't know of certain bands, but then I remember even when I was in high school, kids didn't even know some of the bands I knew. My favorite band is AFI and I used to have people walk up to me and say "what's is AFI?!?!" only they'd pronounce is afee. Lol!
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Welp, decision made, Seeing Stars is now mine! *hopes she doesn't regret it later* :p
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @KittyKat8103 - Happy Birthday! :D
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    Thank you @awellenbl and @despina53, thank you for the gift too despina! :D

I decided to grab Seeing Stars also, I don't have anything from it, I got a lot of ads today, and it's a great deal... so mine too! :D

You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    Just did a refresh on the DD page and the ads that did not pay out finally did. I received an additional 260 simpoints bringing me to a total of 1015 simpoints for the day, yahoo. Hope everyone else's points show up.
  • Options
    Happy birthday @KittyKat8103! :)
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    Yay, I am so glad so many people got lots of ads. :D

And I wanted to answer @Cogitotoro I think, or whoever else posted about the heavy load ad problem. If you wait a bit and rightclick in the ad frame you can choose reload frame and the ad should load.
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    Happy birthday @KittyKat8103
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    despina53 wrote: »
    OK, I just went to the DD page to look at "Seeing Stars". I own all the components of the set and it always wanted me to buy the set for 2100sp. I see a green download button on the DD page even though the set is *not* CYS. When I go to the set page it says I can buy it for 571sp. I'm not sure I trust that green download button. Since I already own it all, I would just be doing it for the completionist in me. What do you all think?
    Don't do it. I did that with the Greenhouse, and it charged me the DD price. (I had already owned it through the Best Of compilation.) I had to call customer service to fix it. They did, by refunding the simpoints. But you may not get someone as nice, or as knowledgeable, or as willing to help you. I wouldn't risk it, unless you want it anyway.

I personally own all the items as well, and I'm seeing a green download on the DD page but a Buy Now on the set page. I'm not going to click that button, because I suspect I will be charged.

You will be charged. I just woke up and plumly did click that green download button. Should have come here first, but I opened the store site to see if there were still ads, because I needed to sleep again and missed the night time ads.

Can't believed I wasted 571 points like that. I should have at least have had coffee first.

I tried reading back, but there were a lot of posts. So I have forgotten most of what I wanted to say.

A belated Happy Birthday to @Taw3001. :D Glad it sounds like you had a great one.

And it's probably @KittyKat8103's birthday now.
    So Happy Birthday to you. :D I hope you will also be having a wonderful day.

ETA: I embraced the plum. ;)
    If you owned all the items already, you can contact CS and talk to them. I would not use the live chat, I would have them call you by phone. The phone reps know more of what they're doing.

But I WOULD go through your purchase history ahead of time and screen shot all of the items that you own, so that you can prove that you own all the individual items. Yeah, that will take time, but then you can absolutely prove that you own the items.

And hopefully you'll get a knowledgeable AND helpful rep when they call you. :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Taw3001 wrote: »
    Just did a refresh on the DD page and the ads that did not pay out finally did. I received an additional 260 simpoints bringing me to a total of 1015 simpoints for the day, yahoo. Hope everyone else's points show up.
    Yep, I'm also seeing them come to me, bit by bit, about 30 or so at a time. We'll see if I get all that I think I should. And if not, I haven't lost anything, at least. :)
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Just got on too late for seeing stars :( might have made it if logging in didn't take so long2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    I don't think getting a CS person on the phone is available here, @MiaSkywalker. :neutral_face: I think I'll just remember not to click anything like that before I am truly awake again. It's a bit annoying because I wanted to use the points to give more gifts when the contest ends, because all the entries were so great. And @KittyKat8103's birthday gift is going to be smaller now. :(

So I looked for a pretty picture as well.

fu5fuh.png
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited November 2014
    Current Deal
    709 ) Haute Hip Window Collection V. 1 / 45 / 81 / 44 % / 2 hours

Up next

710 ) Troubadour Table / / 41 / % / 2 hours
    711 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Dispose With Diginity Trashcan / / 50 / % / hours

Edit - Doing victory dance; I was not ninja'd

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    @Sweet2 I wish I could give you my Seeing Stars Set, which I didn't mean to buy. Unfortunately that's not possible. But I will keep you in mind, if I happen to buy Showtime before the second rotation of the list gets to Seeing Stars again. :)
  • Options
    fan00123fan00123 Posts: 541 Member
    edited November 2014
    @KittyKat8103 Happy Birthday!!! I wish you the best on your day! Hope you'll have a great one!

Edit: The points are slowing appearing for me, too! Made me wish I should have clicked more. I'm glad everyone's getting the points now, so it wasn't a waste of time!
    Hello! Origin ID: Fan00123 My Page Thanks to all the lovely & generous simmers on here, I can now say, "I Own the Store! :smiley:"
  • Options
    Thank you @fan00123, @Taw3001 and @JennaIsGhost for the birthday wishes and gift! :D

@awellenbl - That's ok, sweetie! It's the thought that counts, and I love the beautiful picture! Thank you! <3:D
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Congrats, @Me1620 for not being ninja'd. :D I just thought nobody had posted the deals yet, when I posted the picture.
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    @Sweet2 I wish I could give you my Seeing Stars Set, which I didn't mean to buy. Unfortunately that's not possible. But I will keep you in mind, if I happen to buy Showtime before the second rotation of the list gets to Seeing Stars again. :)

Sorry that happened, and thank you :) I've told myself before to go on the moment I wake up but then I look at the clock and think I still have a couple of minutes so I go and do other stuff and I didn't think such a good deal would be on. With a bit of luck it's going to be CYS next time but I'm not holding my breath.

Also I spy happy birthday's so Happy Birthday @KittyKat8103 and a belated Happy Birthday to @Taw3001

BirthdayKitty1.jpg
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    What a cool picture for @KittyKat8103's birthday especially, @Sweet2. :D
  • Options
    Just saw my notifications... Looks like my vampire mom and daughter will have a library to go to now ;). Thank you so much @awellenbl, you're such a sweetheart! :D

@Taw3001 - Thank you very much for the scooter! My cys is 60sp because it's on sale! Guess what I'm getting... ;):D

@fan00123 - Thank you very much for the Waning Moon gift! This helps my cys also! :D

@Sweet2 - Thank you very much! Love them kitties! :D
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Yay, I am so glad you will be able to put the library to good use. :D
  • Options
    Yay, I am so glad you will be able to put the library to good use. :D

Definitely! ;)

2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    Happy birthday @Taw3001, @KittyKat8103 and @JennaIsGhost sorry I missed you all the last week or so. Been very busy.
    BIG thanks to those of you keeping up posts and posting big long list catchups for me. Greatly appreciate it.
    Still behind but gotta get some sleep so I will continue filling stuff in in the morning. Looks like we are crossing into the 700's now! Good thing I have an extra post to list on :D
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hello, I lurk here and greatly appreciate the dedication of you guys. Your work has saved me many sim points. I did click the green download button on the Seeing Stars deal and was charged. I contacted customer service and was told I had to wait 24-48 hours to contact them again. I also enjoyed the massive amount of ads today, the points have trickled in slowly. My Question is to awellenbl. I can't tell if I have been reimbursed for the set or not with the sim points still adjusting. Did you get your points back for the Seeing Stars set?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top