Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Graphics R Ugly!

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I just loathe the plastic layer attached to TS4. It makes me want to gag TBH.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    TS4 graphics better than TS3 in my opinion
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »

I think so too. Everything might be cartoony but the world seems a bit brighter and doesn't have that dull glaze to it. Unless you had mods or were running on high def TS3 didn't look up to par.
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I love the way TS4 looks. It's so bright and colourful and there is a certain feel about it, it just feels so much more alive than the previous games.

I admit, I was disappointed when the first pictures started coming out as I was hoping for it to be more realistic but no, now that I have the game I absolutely love the way it looks.

Sorry you don't feel the same but I feel no need to add cc, where as in previous games, sometimes it was needed. Especially TS2.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

I think so too. Everything might be cartoony but the world seems a bit brighter and doesn't have that dull glaze to it. Unless you had mods or were running on high def TS3 didn't look up to par.

High end is too bright and flat in S3, IMO. I played it on highest settings and the graphics are just glaringly bright to me. Once again: It's all subjective.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited November 2014
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Yup they're like Pixar animation characters gone bad....

Why did you buy the game?
    I'm sure you know why. You have the game too and have similar reasons... Odd question coming from you.

I was just curious. I use a lot of CC on my sims so something as trivial as looks doesn't effect me much. Since I change their entire cartoon look to something realistic anway.

I was just wondering because you don't seem to like the graphics and you don't seem like a CC type of person.
    It's a quite simple answer really. I gave EA too much credit.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

High end is too bright and flat in S3, IMO. I played it on highest settings and the graphics are just glaringly bright to me. Once again: It's all subjective.

Everything you say remind me of Sims 4 :P
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Everything you say remind me of Sims 4 :P

That's fine, but wouldn't you say dark instead of bright? :p

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

I feel the same way about TS4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2014
    365_days wrote: »
    I do not have TS4, but I see the picture above for The Sims.com and sims in the Sims 4 look like characters from Star Wars Rebels, and not in a good way.<br />
    Sims 1: Horrible Graphics<br />
    Sims 2: Anime- Like Graphics<br />
    Sims 3: Realistic Graphics<br />
    Sims 4: Cartoony, Star Wars Rebels Graphics.<br />
    And did I mention that the Sims 2 had hair animation? I know, I wish I had the Sims 2 :'( <br />
    Tell me what you think of the Sims 4 graphics! In my opinion, they're ugly!
    That cartoony graphics is one of the reasons I will not buy Sims 4. That and the lack of an open world.

This space is for rent.
  • Options

I'm sure you know why. You have the game too and have similar reasons... Odd question coming from you.

I was just curious. I use a lot of CC on my sims so something as trivial as looks doesn't effect me much. Since I change their entire cartoon look to something realistic anway.

I was just wondering because you don't seem to like the graphics and you don't seem like a CC type of person.

Sorry but I don't really understand that. I understand giving them too much credit for other features being missing and yadayada. But graphics is something we all knew about and were prepared to deal with.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The sims 4 doesn't bother me. It is just a different art style. I know it doesn't appeal to everyone.
  • Options

Sorry but I don't really understand that. I understand giving them too much credit for other features being missing and yadayada. But graphics is something we all knew about and were prepared to deal with.
    Obviously it isn't just the graphics......
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Well don't say obviously I was just questioning why you got the game because you seemed to really dislike the graphics. And I'd wonder why someone who hates the graphics would buy the game is all. Thats it.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I like sims 5's better. Nuff said.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    To me we're comparing apples to oranges. Two completely different styles. Was I hoping for more realism? Yes but when that didn't happen, I took a closer look and decided I liked the style. Although, I definitely HATE the terrain in Sims 4. It's just awful. But the Sims themselves look very good to me, much better than TS3. The game as a whole is another discussion.
  • Options

Well don't say obviously I was just questioning why you got the game because you seemed to really dislike the graphics. And I'd wonder why someone who hates the graphics would buy the game is all. Thats it.
    Like I said I got it not because of the graphics zzzz....... If you want a detailed response, ask someone else in this thread. I see plenty....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Like I said I got it not because of the graphics zzzz....... If you want a detailed response, ask someone else in this thread. I see plenty....

I said thats it. I found out what I wanted to know senpai...
  • Options

Ooh! I know! I know the answer! I play plenty of great games with bad graphics!

I also bought S3.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    I think sims 4 looks better than any other sims game. After playing the sims 3 for the first time in a few months I thought it was hideous. The lighting is terrible. I play both games on max settings. Everything in the sims 4 looks so much better even if it is cartoony.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    365_days wrote: »
    Sims 3: Realistic Graphics

Realistic you say...

Okay. If I took this:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

And then threw in this:
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Sure it's a way more realistic game.

If you think plastic dolls with bad hair running around a realistic looking world looks realistic, that is. Do I dare point out how realistic that blocky bush beside the sims in the second pic is? Especially when compared with the first picture? Oh, and the grass...

*sighs*

It's all subject to opinion, I guess.

Lighting isn't the best in TS3 as it could be whether indoors or outdoors but I don't see what you see. Maybe your sims look plastic like they don't belong but not my sims.

2zjkuth.jpg

34rzlkw.jpg

ravm7t.jpg

eaqpgg.jpg

2h3yhau.jpg

1pcfog.jpg

2dilkk0.jpg

24eul4g.jpg

11walvr.jpg

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    2zjkuth.jpg

It's possible we're seeing different things. Yours also don't look like they belong. It looks like someone took some dolls and took a picture of them against a realistic background. It just doesn't flow.

Now, for the picture I quoted: lol. That dude does not belong to the backdrop in so many ways that it has nothing to do with the graphics, despite the lack of flow between them.
  • Options
    mwdonohue wrote: »

Tamagotchi.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Ugly? Not in my opinion. They do, however, look a lot like those you'd see on a phone game. Still pleasing, but not what the graphics on a 2014 PC release should look like.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »

Tamagotchi.jpg

Lol I was going to post that picture with my post... You already did it for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top