The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Graphics R Ugly!

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2014
    Asuka7794 wrote: »
    *here was an annoying gif before*
    Those flickering gifs give me a headache. Please Simmers think of those people with epilepsy!

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Wait a second.... Why is that an issue? I always thought more realism is better....

Realism creeps me out. Every time I look outside, I get creeped out.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »
    Best graphics ever. ;)

YAS #PraiseEA #JobWellDone #EAKeepItUp
    That reminds me of Rellort707. He always used to say "EA congratz" at the end of each post. :mrgreen:

Did he get banned... I hope he did.
  • Options
    I've learned that EA is basically the internet explorer of gaming. Always a step behind.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Wait a second.... Why is that an issue? I always thought more realism is better....

Realism creeps me out. Every time I look outside, I get creeped out.
    OH I GET IT NOW.... That's why people don't want the game to be realistic. That makes a lot sense.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    tumblr_n3vcvjyNiq1smzyhdo1_400.gif

My eyes...... hurting...:'(

black-desert-title.jpeg

blackdesert2.jpg

Has it blinded you yet?

If this was a simulation game... I'd forget about the sims in a heartbeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TP4L1vHfpk
    Sims team take notes... Oh wait do they even know how to write?

Nice graphics but where is the sandbox playstyle? ;)
    Black Desert is an MMORPG ... but with houses. Come to the dark side..

Interest lost at MMORPG.....I need easy AI to compensate for my awful gaming skills. MMORPG would kill me.

If this game was an open world stand alone game. EA would have lost half of their followers...
    But they would have won the double amount of new players and those who wanted an open world game anyway. :p

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Actually I love cartoons. And I love animation movies (stories).
    But 'cartoon' is a very poor excuse for those sims. If they'd look the way they do in CAS that would be a lot better, but they all have the same faces and the same smirks. In fact it has nothing to do with cartoon, like the graphics have nothing to do with Pixar.

(comic books are full of nice shots btw)

I guess it depends. Some anime's are pretty over the top with expressions, especially when they throw in the chibi bits. Some comics can be pretty over the top too. I mostly watch and read for the stories. Though some are outright gorgeous works of art. For S4, I meant toony in their expressions. They're over-exaggerated but nothing as hideous as the standard faces in S2. Like I said though, I don't take Screenshots unless I see something funny. I'm not a storyteller. If I were, I believe the expressions would annoy me. I'm just guessing though.
    I'm still trying to put my finger on it, because like I said I like cartoons and I don't mind over the top expressions.
    (although I also like it my sims jn 3 are kinda 'cool')
    It's not the fact that I miss the storytelling aspect and it's not the fact they're over the top.
    I'm rather childish myself as well so I certainly don't 'look down' on that.
    It's really a quality matter for me. If they'd headed this direction with more quality I would have jumped in without any hesitation.
    I didn't want another Sims 3. But I wanted some improvement.

I must say I'm also influenced by the fact so many people who started off loving this game are turning off now.
    It's not only disliking it myself when I play (it's not even disliking it, I'm just not involved), it's also the things I read and see about the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    The graphics aesthetics are alright to me I guess. Some things could've been done better but it's certainly not entirely bad.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    OH I GET IT NOW.... That's why people don't want the game to be realistic. That makes a lot sense.

Actually, it's partially the reason I don't want it in games. I don't actually get creeped out by it. I just don't want it. It has no place in games (for me). Realism is all around me. I play games to get away from it. If I wanted realism, there'd be no point in playing a game. I'd just go outside.
  • Options

Actually, it's partially the reason I don't want it in games. I don't actually get creeped out by it. I just don't want it. It has no place in games (for me). Realism is all around me. I play games to get away from it. If I wanted realism, there'd be no point in playing a game. I'd just go outside.
    Maybe Sims just isn't right for you. You want a game that isn't realistic? I got the perfect game for you...
    my-little-pony-friendship_533173905_ipad_021.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Hmm then I guess GTA V is nothing for you either.
    gtav_details09122014_002.jpg

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Wow, so you want to play a game with realistic looking sims, as in really realistic..... *slowly backs away*

I don't see an issue with realism, i just feel that playing some too realistic becomes too creepy for me. I like that CC is an option for those who want realistic.

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    I thought the sims 3 sims wre funny looking, i basically tried to make them as bearable, I never liked the look of my sim's face though, and sims 2 well that was before we has good graphics like we do now.

With this game I can easily make many sims that all look very different from each other. I can give a girl a boot-ay and some curves, or a even a flat chest if I want. Anyways I think these sims are very pretty. It's really in the eye of the beholder in this case I think.
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member

Maybe Sims just isn't right for you. You want a game that isn't realistic? I got the perfect game for you...

Reminds me of a DS game...
    Untitled.jpg

Except this one isn't as detailed as the pony game...
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    tumblr_n3vcvjyNiq1smzyhdo1_400.gif

My eyes...... hurting...:'(

black-desert-title.jpeg

blackdesert2.jpg

r30624j3orot27qqactv.jpg

Has it blinded you yet?
    Why can't Sims look like this instead of cartoon dolls.....

Oh yes, that's what I was expecting. A big improvement, a real 'jump' from TS3 to 4. A true next level. I'm sure it would've been a complete success and I would've payed even more for it. Think of the possibilities for the gameplay and CAS content. <3 Why, EA? Why can't you do something like this for The Sims?

My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options

Untitled.jpg

It isn't even as detailed as this...
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Options

Thanks. But no thanks.

Even when GTA wasn't realistic, it still wasn't a game I was into.
  • Options
    Wow, so you want to play a game with realistic looking sims, as in really realistic..... *slowly backs away*

I don't see an issue with realism, i just feel that playing some too realistic becomes too creepy for me. I like that CC is an option for those who want realistic.
    If that's how you feel but I'll probably never understand realistic games being creepy. I'm the complete opposite.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Untitled.jpg

Even the grass in My Little Pony has more textures than Sims 4...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

I have an honest question. Why did GTA V run so well on mu computer but TS3 is laggier than a tamagachi pet that dropped in a puddle?
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    I'm assuming the Sims 3 just isn't optimized, even for well ended machines.
    Take for example GW2, which is optimized based on CPU vs the standard online games relying on graphic card power
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member

Wow. This is what I'm talking about. Certainly The Sims 3 doesn't look like this, but with settings to high it was close. This was the next level. This is how The Sims 4 should have looked. Just saying.

My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    There are things I have a problem with with this game, but the graphics/aesthetics aren't one of them. I quite like the way it looks.
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014

I have an honest question. Why did GTA V run so well on mu computer but TS3 is laggier than a tamagachi pet that dropped in a puddle?
    I can tell you from a developer's point of view. Simply put they made some major bad decisions with the software design.

1: In GTA V (and also it's predecessor) peds (think of Sims) only route when they are in vicinity. In Sims 3 each and every Sim routes no matter where he is. You can see this when you got nraas Storyprogression installed and switch to map view. Routing needs a huge amount of real time calculations.

2. Collision detection: Well Sims 3 has no such but similar to this if anything is blocking the only route path the Sim gets stuck. All Sims 3 players know what I'm talking about. The main problem here is that the Sim tries to find a way out while he is stuck. No that's not the problem but this: The routing gets recalculated with each new attempt and often enough it ends up in an infinite loop which causes major lag. GTA V otoh has real collision detection through it's physics engine which can deal way better with such situations. That's the reason why you will NEVER see one ped clipping through another (like we can see in Sims 4).

3. Render distance of animated objects like vehicles and peds. Those stuck Sims I mentioned above can be anywhere in a world, even far far away. In GTA V those aren't even rendered. Why should they? We couldn't see them anyways!!! If anything gets stuck in GTA V (like a major traffic jam due to an accident) this mess is automatically cleaned up by just a ride around the block. The next time you enter that street everything is back to normal.

EDIT:
    4. Better AI when it comes to routing. In GTA V peds can climb over fences, jump over cars or simply kick over trash bins and such if they are in their way. A Sim would just helplessly wave his arms in desperation.

NOTE: Every aspects I mentioned here can also be found in GTA IV and this game was released in 2008!

Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options

One knows how to develop and code a game....the other not so much....
    hEFcp6z.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top