Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel?

Comments

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    anywho211 wrote: »
    imchloeeee wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of a colour wheel being added via patch or ep? Or is it a definite no? I can't say I've seen anything mentioned about it.

EA always says there's a "possibility" of anything happening in the future of TS4. But they never go into details. It's like they're playing a game of their own with their customers. Seems before sales of TS4, however, it used to be a definite "no"....
    It's like the declining sales motivated them.... Too bad they should have been motivated to make a decent game to increase those sales...
    Declining sales? I think not. It's more like the sales being in the top 10 that motivated them. EA almost threatened the players by saying if the game (TS4) didn't sell out well, there won't be a TS5 ever.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have hope this is how Sims 5 should look like:
    10539-672f7539ffd1ac8a08830c62dd164609.jpg
    Realistic graphics - Check
    Emotions - Check
    Pools - Check
    Weather - Check
    Open World - Check

Ontopic - I feel limited with the color selection, atleast a color wheel feature would have been nice if it can't compensate for CASt.
    Post edited by AnnePlays on
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    I miss CASt as well, but I have to admit that it does make things load faster. I actually miss it more when it comes to creating my sims rather than decorating, but I find even with decorating their homes, I've gotten so lazy about it because all the time I could spend wouldn't be enough to get it *quite* how I'd like. I have to say though, I find the general design of the objects and clothes in this base game to be far more appealing than I ever found in a base game before. There are enough options in enough styles that I don't yet find things looking the same. I miss the tool for things like hair and eye color the most, though.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »

Ontopic - I feel limited with the color selection, atleast a color wheel feature would have been nice it it can't compensate for CASt.
    Correction:

tumblr_n5kowyKlcq1rlggpio1_500.png

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Jimil wrote: »

Ontopic - I feel limited with the color selection, atleast a color wheel feature would have been nice it it can't compensate for CASt.
    Correction:

tumblr_n5kowyKlcq1rlggpio1_500.png

LOL! Had to edit my original post :p
    Emotions - Check
    Pools - Check
    Weather - Check
    Open World - Check
  • Options
    KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I really don't like the recolors we have. I personally really like having rooms that match and barely any of the color options match :(
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    Like - There are atleast some colors that i like, are on there

Dislike - Its still missing a lot of colors that i'm still want..
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Emotions - Check
    Pools - Check
    Weather - Check
    Open World - Check

This is what I had hoped for Sims4. :'(

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hello! :-)<br />
    <br />
    How do you guys feel about the minimal selection of colours when it comes to interior design? What are your likes and dislikes?<br />
    <br />
    I like that it has become so much quicker to design rooms now that I don't have the opportunity to spend hours matching everything and deciding on a nice colour theme. My dislike is that despite the cut down on time, it becomes so much harder for me to become happy with any of my rooms because I have such an itch about having a particular colour or style that matches in each room. It becomes difficult to create a room that I am happy with.
    Playing The Sims has never been about 'saving time' for me OP ;)
    I love to spend hours and hours in building a house for my sims and make it completely mine (and not the game's).
    So I'm one of those simmers who desperately miss CASt.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    <br />
    How do you guys feel about the minimal selection of colours when it comes to interior design? What are your likes and dislikes?<br />
    <br />
    I like that it has become so much quicker to design rooms now that I don't have the opportunity to spend hours matching everything and deciding on a nice colour theme. My dislike is that despite the cut down on time, it becomes so much harder for me to become happy with any of my rooms because I have such an itch about having a particular colour or style that matches in each room. It becomes difficult to create a room that I am happy with.
    Playing The Sims has never been about 'saving time' for me OP ;)
    I love to spend hours and hours in building a house for my sims and make it completely mine (and not the game's).
    So I'm one of those simmers who desperately miss CASt.

Me too but sometimes spending hours on a house can become tedious and very boring!

nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I miss the tool for things like hair and eye color the most, though.

I agree with this. Most of my recolors are hair and eye colors. I like the overall style of the game and it was harder than I thought it would be to find eye recolors that matched the Maxis style perfectly. There are a lot of "realistic eyes" out there, though.

6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like building an occasional home, but it is very repetitive at the moment with so little choice. Even when I look in the creative threads at all the fab builders stuff there - their homes still look like they all shopped at the same store for their furniture and decor.

The one thing I love about building in TS4 is the ability to pick up and move whole rooms or houses. But the rest of it is just way too frustrating. Why, EA, why? Couldn't they have just done some sets that entirely match? There I am happily plodding along with my kitchen, but then I have to choose an odd fridge and an odder stove... same goes for the bedroom and dressers etc. And heaven help us if we want to try and match stuff for kids without using that one and only kid set.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    My biggest problem when it comes to design and interior etc, is that the options are mostly colours to go with A's design idea for the game, not including the options I'd like for my sims. I think most of the colours are too pale and gloomy, I can see they match a bigger theme, but that takes a lot away from the sandbox experience that I want. I want to pick bright colours, psycho patterns and even something real bad taste if my sims are that kind of minds. If my sim's favourite colour is neon orange, she wouldn't appreciate letting it go because if a bigger gloomy colour theme.

I also think some pattern alternatives are overdone. Take the one swimming suit with leaf pattern. Why are there 10 (?) colour cominations instead of giving us some stripes or dots to alternate the pattern a bit? I'm fine with 3 alternatives per pattern as long as other patterns give additional colour schemes.

I don't really miss the full design wheel, any way the bigger problem with TS3 was not the design tool itself, but that all the EPs added tons of nearly similar patterns. Like the wood patterns, there were lots and lots of them, while I could easily have survived with a handful. So, for TS4 I would love it if they added a limited pattern (or colour) wheel tool, but not if they would add 50 new patterns with every EP ;).

Aside from design, I think there are too few lots per world. I miss more variety for community lots, but I also want to have minimum 4 families in each hood. Community lots are mostly too small to contain several options. I added a pool and a clothing store to the gym, but it all gets pretty packed.

I love how easy it is to maintain households :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I miss CASt. I used it constantly on pretty much everything.

I could find it acceptable if the colours actually matched on everything. Every texture should be available for every object.

Examples of annoying things include all the white doors with no alternative options, and the weird pinkish-brown 'wood' colour that seems to be used more then the natural dark brown. Like the dark wood colour on the sink is much nicer than the weird insipid colour of the fence and the bed:

11-03-14_9-42nbspPM.png
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I agree that designing rooms is a bit quicker now, but I also agree that it's harder for me to become happy with the room, and that seems to only increase my time spent designing in other ways.

I've found that I will work on just one room for close to an hour just trying to mix and match furniture that I can get in at least similar shades of the same wood color, or can somewhat match the fabric shades with. And even when I'm done, sometimes I just have to sigh and just deal with not being 100% happy because I would never play the game otherwise.

CASt owns my heart. I swear to Bob that if they don't bring some version of it back, I might fall into a pit of depressive despair. That's probably a bit melodramatic, but sometimes I just want to pick my own shade of blue, you know? Don't kill my creative spirit, EA! I've loved you like a brother!
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    I used to spend at least 50% of my sim time building. I've built a total of two houses. I hate the color tones of the existing colors. Nothing matches. And let's not mention the loss of the terrain tools. Half of my gameplay is gone. Building is no fun anymore. I get the cheap house, plop in a better bed, sofa, and tv and let it go at that. Has anyone else noticed that while you can get a premade octagon room to use, it has no matching roof? For me, the few things added are vastly outweighed by the things we lost.
  • Options
    Donivan2009Donivan2009 Posts: 47 Member
    > @Gnarl_Lee said:
    > seems like including the color-wheel or create a style would have been a no-brainer as a base function in 4 (it was great in 3)...I guess one really needs no brain to understand why they didn't include it :\

I kind of understand their reasoning for not including create a style in TS4, as it really did lag many peoples games (not mine) if they had slower computers. But I do wish it was a feature we enable or disable if that's possible. I was thinking it would be a really cool free download. Kind of like the map makers many games have.

As far as the OP.... I also have a harder time designing rooms that I really love. I usually just end up with mediocre rooms. And at this point, its harder to create any room that truly looks unique as all the combinations have already been used somewhere. I'm sure as the game continues to be updated, we will get more color options and styles. I hope anyways :p
    Check out my YouTube Channel and follow along with me and my Sims!
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCvopcWs_n2JCVWmTaNh1vUw/featured
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Ignore this comment!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oops, ignore this comment too!

:joy:
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Juana wrote: »
    It wouldn't bother me so much if it was more consistent - if there was a matching colorset for every item.
    There's a lot of items in the game that seem like they would come in a set, but you can't find any matching colors and it's annoying.

Agreed. :-)
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I'm never truly happy with the homes or the rooms. It's all so limited, It feels like TS2. I end up making everything the same.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    <br />
    <br />

I feel that, if CASt was gone, they should have hired an interior designer to handle colour palettes. Because what they shipped the game with looks dirty, limited and uninspiring. That I need CC for wall paints, seriously, something I had never felt the need to download in 12 years, even before CASt, is very telling.

A massive number of walls and floors have ONE swatch. ONE. Unacceptable.

Woods match nothing.

Shades are either too pale or too bright.

I end up frustrated and upset, telling myself "whatever, I'll just play with all walls down".
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member

This is what anne looks like, flood her inbox boys
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    LOL, nothing could be further from the truth. xD
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Instead they should at least have a large selection of patterns and colours for every piece of furniture and clothing, kind of like the other part of Create a Style aside from the colour wheel.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)