May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel?

Hello! :-)

How do you guys feel about the minimal selection of colours when it comes to interior design? What are your likes and dislikes?

I like that it has become so much quicker to design rooms now that I don't have the opportunity to spend hours matching everything and deciding on a nice colour theme. My dislike is that despite the cut down on time, it becomes so much harder for me to become happy with any of my rooms because I have such an itch about having a particular colour or style that matches in each room. It becomes difficult to create a room that I am happy with.
nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif

Comments

• Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    seems like including the color-wheel or create a style would have been a no-brainer as a base function in 4 (it was great in 3)...I guess one really needs no brain to understand why they didn't include it :\
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I like it and dislike it. My only real qualm is that I can't choose the bed frame separately from the sheets. It's really my only peeve in the design area.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    @kremesch73 Yes, yes, yes! I would looooove to be able to change the colour of the bed frame.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    imchloeeee wrote: »
    @kremesch73 Yes, yes, yes! I would looooove to be able to change the colour of the bed frame.

Yeah that's how it was in S2 and I loved it that way.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I do not like it. Notice there aren't any green, textured wallpapers. Notice there aren't any green carpets. Not one iota of green shade at all to match the green drapes etc. Notice there aren't a lot of color selections therefore, all my houses I did build look the same. And some couches don't even match the colors offered in the matching arm chairs. I need a CASt back. It's like once you have something why would you want to live without it again? It's like having a cell phone and going back to a dial up phone. Not a touch tone phone but a dial up phone with the little dial on the phone. Kaching, listen to it turn the dial. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MoonShadowMoonShadow Posts: 129 Member
    I'm on the fence about it as well. I completely agree with that it's kind of nice to not have endless freedom. I also used to change every little detail of every item and I would spend hours decorating a single room. Having the game limiting me in this and in a way protecting me from myself is quite lovely.
    Then again, I do think it's a shame how, at a certain point, you run out of new options. At a certain point you've used all couches at least once, all kitchen counters and all wardrobes. Then again, maybe I just build too many houses. I don't need a colorwheel ]or anything, but more options would be greatly appreciated.
    You can call me Sanne if you like. I really dislike my username.
    Origin ID: CrazyCuddle
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I do not like it. Notice there aren't any green, textured wallpapers. Notice there aren't any green carpets. Not one iota of green shade at all to match the green drapes etc. Notice there aren't a lot of color selections therefore, all my houses I did build look the same. And some couches don't even match the colors offered in the matching arm chairs. I need a CASt back. It's like once you have something why would you want to live without it again? It's like having a cell phone and going back to a dial up phone. Not a touch tone phone but a dial up phone with the little dial on the phone. Kaching, listen to it turn the dial. :p

Rotary.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @MoonShadow I agree so much with your second point. I've found that many of my rooms look too similar and it leaves me having to create smaller homes because I can't stand seeing a bedroom and the bathroom the same colour!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Rotary.

LOL< yeah, that, too. hahaha, brain fart, couldn't think of the word.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Im neither here nor there on it . Theres always CC after all .
  • Options
    LOL< yeah, that, too. hahaha, brain fart, couldn't think of the word.

Happens to me all the time.
  • Options
    @Coffefreak4Life I cannot bring myself to use CC. I lost so much saved gameplay and suffered so many problems with TS3 and CC that I've vowed to never download any again!

:joy:
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I don't like it. My mod folder is full of recolors. I wouldn't have to download so much CC if we had a color wheel at least.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Is there any possibility of a colour wheel being added via patch or ep? Or is it a definite no? I can't say I've seen anything mentioned about it.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Alnairan wrote: »
    I don't like it. My mod folder is full of recolors. I wouldn't have to download so much CC if we had a color wheel at least.

I'd be fine if they just added all the primaries, secondaries, tertiaries, as well as the basic neutrals (brown, grey, cream, etc). As well as black and white for everything. I agree with Cinebar about the lack of green. As a result though, brown and tan go very nicely with green, but sometimes a green carpet would be nice.

I don't mind the system as it is though. It's really the only part of building/decorating that forces me to think and step outside of the box to be more creative about what goes with what. Most times, the results are pleasantly surprising.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    seems like including the color-wheel or create a style would have been a no-brainer as a base function in 4 (it was great in 3)...I guess one really needs no brain to understand why they didn't include it :\

Blame the people who have a "low-end" computer.
  • Options
    MoonShadow wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about it as well. I completely agree with that it's kind of nice to not have endless freedom. I also used to change every little detail of every item and I would spend hours decorating a single room. Having the game limiting me in this and in a way protecting me from myself is quite lovely.
    Then again, I do think it's a shame how, at a certain point, you run out of new options. At a certain point you've used all couches at least once, all kitchen counters and all wardrobes. Then again, maybe I just build too many houses. I don't need a colorwheel ]or anything, but more options would be greatly appreciated.

Did you know it still takes me about seven or eight hours to build one tiny lot? It still takes me that long to go over every little detail. So not having a CASt in the game hasn't made that any faster. ;)
  • Options

Did you know it still takes me about seven or eight hours to build one tiny lot? It still takes me that long to go over every little detail. So not having a CASt in the game hasn't made that any faster. ;)

Only that long? Weeks or months down the road and I'm still decorating. That's why I never upload anything.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I miss it a lot. It's just another area that feels pretty empty. There's a reason I loved ambitions-I loved sending my sim out to make over other sims houses!
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Only that long? Weeks or months down the road and I'm still decorating. That's why I never upload anything.

Well, that is for a 20x15 lot. I am still working on one of the 40x30 lots I was trying to build and decorate. :p
  • Options
    MoonShadowMoonShadow Posts: 129 Member
    edited November 2014

Even more so! Just imagine this game with CASt! You would probably never see the light of day again!

(Also, don't worry, building lots also still takes me days. It just doesn't take me weeks, like it did in TS3, haha)
    You can call me Sanne if you like. I really dislike my username.
    Origin ID: CrazyCuddle
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Sims 2 IKEA stuff pack had lots of great green wallpapers.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    anywho211 wrote: »
    imchloeeee wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of a colour wheel being added via patch or ep? Or is it a definite no? I can't say I've seen anything mentioned about it.

EA always says there's a "possibility" of anything happening in the future of TS4. But they never go into details. It's like they're playing a game of their own with their customers. Seems before sales of TS4, however, it used to be a definite "no"....
    It's like the declining sales motivated them.... Too bad they should have been motivated to make a decent game to increase those sales...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    It wouldn't bother me so much if it was more consistent - if there was a matching colorset for every item.
    There's a lot of items in the game that seem like they would come in a set, but you can't find any matching colors and it's annoying.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I miss CASt. A lot!
    Pay for product -- not potential!