Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I've Noticed Since The Pool Patch

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    Since the patch none of my sims sit down to eat anymore. Now that I find super weird, they just grab the food and eat it standing up! I have to manually tell them to sit down and by the time they're sitting they have almost finished their meal...
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    DanteEDM wrote: »
    Hi,
    Some of these have been mentioned on other threads, but I've noticed these 4 things since the patch:

1. Set as front door is no longer working.
    2. Cannot knock on any doors
    3. Can't minimize on pressing the windows key. The fix mentioned only works on the current game. Once you exit it resets.
    4. The male sims flush before finishing peeing.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

You can also add that when you group up sims in your group just walk off the lot for no reason and leave. This was a big problem with TS3 and now since this patch it's happening frequently on community lots.

@catloverplayer, can you please tell more about this? (I haven't updated due to my concerns about major bugs.)

Does this happen if you take two sims on an outing, such a date too, or does it only happen with larger groups? Say if one invited several friends to go to the club to dance? Do you know if any of the walk-offs had a job that was starting?

It would make sense if a group member left the lot because they had to go to work.

During October, with the Ghost Update being the most recent one, I had a sim ask her boyfriend on a date, but he had to work. So she decided to go to town and try to make a friend or something. She went to town and her boyfriend was there! They danced and hung out and she invited him to travel with her back to her house when she wanted to leave the club. He did not appear at her house when the house lot loaded, so she called him to hangout, and he said he was at work! ROFL

So perhaps what you are seeing is that they fixed that bug??? I would be happy if they've made it so that the sim who has to work is going to work, but if this is a new bug... We deserve a refund because the ghost update seriously broke the game less than 30 days after its release, and it wasn't even released in fully functioning condition to begin with!!! Forgive my disappointment outburst! lol

I just would love to know, does this happen with small groups or only large groups and are the sims involved going to work?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    The tutorial in my game keeps coming back its annoying
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    And my windows key no longer minimises the game
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,649 Member
    When a patch is release it always plums something else.More patches means more issues.
    Yah, it also seem like with every patch, I'm getting bugs that some other people have gotten before the patch (Like the gaining too much muscles from digging rocks). Like, some people had problems knocking on the doors as well way before this patch. now so many have this problem. But I don't even know if I have it, cuz I didn't check. Hmmm.

My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hi,
    Some of these have been mentioned on other threads, but I've noticed these 4 things since the patch:

3. Can't minimize on pressing the windows key. The fix mentioned only works on the current game. Once you exit it resets.

Cheers

Yep. I've noticed all three of those things.

I hope they fix the windows key thing.

And no one in my game last night was flushing the toilet after use.

And in another game (my moocher one) I noticed there is no knock on front door option any more.
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    I can't set the front door or minimize.
    I think maybe the Origin update broke the ability to minimize since I also can no longer minimize Sim City. :\
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I can't minimize using the windows key. I thought it was just me, glad to know it's a patch issue.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited November 2014
    I was able to play ONCE since the update. I found that the windows and doors look funny. They have become dark holes in the walls (sorry no screenshots) Loaded up just a min ago and now I'm unable to play as the game is unresponsive. *Throws PC against the wall* Stupid game...

Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Hi,

Cheers

Thats so weird. I minimize my game using the windows key all the time, its actually minimized right now. I even play in fullscreen mode. A lot of people are having that issue which is so weird because I can still minimize mine, I wonder whats causing it?
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Howdy, neighbour!

Not any more. We just moved to AB in late August to get away from the freaking taxes!

OMG, I am so jealous. Canada is my dream place. I really want to go to Alberta or Edmonton. Have you seen a show called Heartland? I always watch that and beg my husband to move with me to Canada hahaha. I used to live in Duluth, Mn which is only 120 miles from the Canadian border, but now I live in Tx :-/.
  • Options
    DanteEDMDanteEDM Posts: 98 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Howdy, neighbour!

Not any more. We just moved to AB in late August to get away from the freaking taxes!

OMG, I am so jealous. Canada is my dream place. I really want to go to Alberta or Edmonton. Have you seen a show called Heartland? I always watch that and beg my husband to move with me to Canada hahaha. I used to live in Duluth, Mn which is only 120 miles from the Canadian border, but now I live in Tx :-/.

Please come - we have universal health care, nanaimo bars and poutine. Who could ask for anything else?
    :D
    Cheers

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." Scott Adams
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    I've patched and I'm not having that minimizing problem. I can still use the Windows key. But, my pool water looks like a square in the ground filled with clear gelatin. Turning down the lighting to low makes it look flat and unmoving and turning lighting to very high makes it look like a gelatinous mess. No laptoping here, just Alienware X51ing. :/
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    edited November 2014
    > @DanteEDM said:
    > Hi,
    > Some of these have been mentioned on other threads, but I've noticed these 4 things since the patch:
    >
    > 1. Set as front door is no longer working.
    > 2. Cannot knock on any doors
    > 3. Can't minimize on pressing the windows key. The fix mentioned only works on the current game. Once you exit it resets.
    > 4. The male sims flush before finishing peeing.
    >
    > Anyone else noticed this?
    >
    > Cheers

I noticed that if you click on the porch/stairs area below the front door the 'knock on door' option appears. I didn't try it but mayyyybe that would work with the 'set as front door' option too?

EDIT: Uhhh, apparently I don't know how to quote properly here.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    No, it's not you, MakoSims. You won't get proper quotes until you post a certain number of times.