The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I've Noticed Since The Pool Patch

Hi,
Some of these have been mentioned on other threads, but I've noticed these 4 things since the patch:

1. Set as front door is no longer working.
2. Cannot knock on any doors
3. Can't minimize on pressing the windows key. The fix mentioned only works on the current game. Once you exit it resets.
4. The male sims flush before finishing peeing.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers
"Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." Scott Adams

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I only played it a short time after the patch, I noticed the door issue, that's about it!
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    When a patch is release it always plums something else.More patches means more issues.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    DanteEDM wrote: »
    Hi,
    Some of these have been mentioned on other threads, but I've noticed these 4 things since the patch:

3. Can't minimize on pressing the windows key. The fix mentioned only works on the current game. Once you exit it resets.

Cheers

for #3. I saw in another post that the patches (all of them) reset the graphics options for some people. Have you looked into this? Another poster, whom I will not mention, was having the same issue until she noticed another post about the resetting issue. I play in windowed mode. Everything works as it did from the beginning. I'm also on a desktop. My other half is on a laptop. More issues seem to arise on that end.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DanteEDMDanteEDM Posts: 98 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers

for #3. I saw in another post that the patches (all of them) reset the graphics options for some people. Have you looked into this? Another poster, whom I will not mention, was having the same issue until she noticed another post about the resetting issue. I play in windowed mode. Everything works as it did from the beginning. I'm also on a desktop. My other half is on a laptop. More issues seem to arise on that end.

I'm on a PC, but have it set to laptop mode (don't ask - graphics issue). I'll try windowed mode and see if that helps. I just am getting tired of work- arounds.

P.s. Clicking on the walls worked for the "knock on door" interaction.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm on a PC, but have it set to laptop mode (don't ask - graphics issue). I'll try windowed mode and see if that helps. I just am getting tired of work- arounds.

Cheers,

Glad it worked. Was hoping I wasn't the only one with no problems.

Hey. Your rig is your business. All I know is laptop Mode and having the check in Uncrompressed Sim Texures appear to be the evil of this world.

You don't need to explain your business, but have you tried the lowest settings without using laptop mode? Can you still play well? I agree with the distaste of the workarounds. On the bright side, though, you don't need a mod to fix it. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,516 Member
    Hi,

Cheers

You can also add that when you group up sims in your group just walk off the lot for no reason and leave. This was a big problem with TS3 and now since this patch it's happening frequently on community lots.
  • Options

Cheers,

Glad it worked. Was hoping I wasn't the only one with no problems.

Hey. Your rig is your business. All I know is laptop Mode and having the check in Uncrompressed Sim Texures appear to be the evil of this world.

You don't need to explain your business, but have you tried the lowest settings without using laptop mode? Can you still play well? I agree with the distaste of the workarounds. On the bright side, though, you don't need a mod to fix it. :)

Just spent the last while futzing around (technical term - sorry :D ) with the graphics setting and ended up resetting them to what I had before. My issue is low settings look awful and anything higher than low makes the game look out of focus. Still not time wasted. It was a noble experiment. ;)

Cheers

• Options
    the last while futzing around (technical term - sorry :D ) with the graphics setting and ended up resetting them to what I had before. My issue is low settings look awful and anything higher than low makes the game look out of focus. Still not time wasted. It was a noble experiment. ;)

Cheers

I'm sad for you. If you're on a tower, there's still hope. Graphics cards are fairly cheap these days if it's within your grasp. It may not help much in the future for expansions, but for now, it may be a workaround.

So sorry. I know that spending money is not always the solution we want to hear. I come from a heavily taxed region.... This, I know.
  • Options
    the last while futzing around (technical term - sorry :D ) with the graphics setting and ended up resetting them to what I had before. My issue is low settings look awful and anything higher than low makes the game look out of focus. Still not time wasted. It was a noble experiment. ;)

Cheers

I'm sad for you. If you're on a tower, there's still hope. Graphics cards are fairly cheap these days if it's within your grasp. It may not help much in the future for expansions, but for now, it may be a workaround.

So sorry. I know that spending money is not always the solution we want to hear. I come from a heavily taxed region.... This, I know.

Actually, you read my mind. I was just browsing online for graphics cards at future shop. Is your heavily taxed region in Europe?
    I'm fortunate that where I live I only have to pay the federal sales tax, we don't have a provincial sales tax too.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Actually, you read my mind. I was just browsing online for graphics cards at future shop. Is your heavily taxed region in Europe?
    I'm fortunate that where I live I only have to pay the federal sales tax, we don't have a provincial sales tax too.

Europe and Australia have it worse than us. I'm in BC. Jeebus, are you in AB?
  • Options

Europe and Australia have it worse than us. I'm in BC. Jeebus, are you in AB?

Howdy, neighbour!

• Options
    Howdy, neighbour!

Not any more. We just moved to AB in late August to get away from the freaking taxes!
  • Options
    Howdy, neighbour!

Not any more. We just moved to AB in late August to get away from the freaking taxes!

Well, I'm in Alberta, too. Sorry, stuck with me as a neighbour.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Nah. I'm a recluse (except for online). I'd never know if you were my neighbour. Actually, been all over CAN. Always wanted to wind up where I am now though. Started in the darkest Northwest corner of CAN. Any idea where that is?
  • Options

Nah. I'm a recluse (except for online). I'd never know if you were my neighbour. Actually, been all over CAN. Always wanted to wind up where I am now though. Started in the darkest Northwest corner of CAN. Any idea where that is?

Ivvavik national park in the Yukon?

• Options
    Ivvavik national park in the Yukon?

NWT. Hay River. Was born there. BC is written in Inuvik. Lived in Ft. Nelson as a child, From there, lived in the Great TO (Also heavily taxed.) Went back to BC in the 90's and regretted it ever since.

• Options
    My travels Born in Calgary, raised in Ottawa, came of age in Regina, finished schooling in Calgary and then moved to Edmonton.
    My dad was in the oil patch and we moved 10 times in 12 years between Calgary and Ottawa.
  • Options
    My travels Born in Calgary, raised in Ottawa, came of age in Regina, finished schooling in Calgary and then moved to Edmonton.
    My dad was in the oil patch and we moved 10 times in 12 years between Calgary and Ottawa.

I feel your pain. We've gone on 3 major long distance moves since last year. Getting a bit tired of it, which is why I want to stay in the bipolar town I'm in now. I always loved Calgary. Edmonton too. But Never loved Jasper--Other than driving through it....

I love to drive, been across CAN so many times that I can't say enough how beautiful it is in each and every area.
  • Options

I feel your pain. We've gone on 3 major long distance moves since last year. Getting a bit tired of it, which is why I want to stay in the bipolar town I'm in now. I always loved Calgary. Edmonton too. But Never loved Jasper--Other than driving through it....

I love to drive, been across CAN so many times that I can't say enough how beautiful it is in each and every area.

We Canadians are truly blessed. I was watching a video review of V for Vendetta and the reviewer made a comment about how all countries were screwed up and then he said "Except Canada. Canada's got it plum together!"
  • Options
    We Canadians are truly blessed. I was watching a video review of V for Vendetta and the reviewer made a comment about how all countries were screwed up and then he said "Except Canada. Canada's got it plum together!"

I really hope that's true, but if you came from BC, you might not agree.
  • Options
    BC - it's a nice place to visit, etc.
  • Options
    BC - it's a nice place to visit, etc.

Beautiful to drive through, but not so much to live in if you don't mind paying for everything from the 'Welcome tax' to the 'Medical.' I give them kudos for nice ways to say it though...

Anyways, off to bed. You know what time it is and my falling alseep in the chair last night didn't go well with my other half...

Have a good one.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    you may also want to reset your refresh rate to 60, after the patch my comp set it to default, I had all the issues you mention. Still have the door one, but as you said a wall works. But for exiting your window to come to windows, I had to put my refresh on 60 and I think full window mode.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Hi,

Cheers

I immediately noticed that I could no longer minimize with the Windows key...and it was making me crazy. My play style is to play one of my families for about 3 sim days, then minimize, go to my story log book and write out the story of what transpired.

What I'm now forced to do is to use control-alt-delete to bring up the task manager, which, fortunately, also takes me back to the desktop. I then exit out of the task manager and go to my story log file. It's a nuisance.

Thanks, EA, for plumming up the works again.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I did realize some odd toilet issues. Every time I try to make my male sims flush it, they just use it instead and can't clean it and the female sims just wave or something as to say that they can't do it (I just cheat to clean it for now). I think my sims still knock and all that, so that is the only bug I really noticed since the new patch in my game at least.