Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pool update broke game?

Demetri14Demetri14 Posts: 9 New Member
I've been playing the same family since the game launched, I have a brand new gaming laptop that has been running the game on ultra with no problems, and have no custom content or mods installed.

Since the update my two sims glitched out and are listed as at work when they are on the home lot. It used to take 10 seconds max to load now suddenly it takes upwards of a minute and saving up to 30 seconds. The game is also now extremely laggy when just yesterday I had zero lag and I am now unable to go back to my laptop home screen or access other programs without fully exiting the game.

All of this is just post patch. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Is this an actual glitch? Is anything similar happening to you guys? Thanks for any help in advance
Post edited by Demetri14 on

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Did you remove all mods and cc before patching?
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Post your computer specs.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I'm having the issue where I can't minimise to desktop and have to now fully exit the game. Other than that everything is fine
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited November 2014
    @Demetri14 please do pull your mods folder if you have one and test again, updates can break mods
    steve7859 wrote: »
    I'm having the issue where I can't minimise to desktop and have to now fully exit the game. Other than that everything is fine
    this fun problem came with the origin update. you can try turning origin to offline, but so far the best work around is to use the in game window mode to access desktop
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Van%20Helsing%203.png

The game is broken? EA, fix your game! You broke it again!
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Demetri14Demetri14 Posts: 9 New Member
    @ceejay402 I've never had any mods or custom content

@colton147 Specs - GeForce gtx 850m
    - Intel 17-4712HQ 2.30GHz
    - 16 gig ram

And drivers updated
  • Options

I can still do that when playing and I'm online.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014

What window mode do you play in?

What is your graphic card?

I also don't have a problem alt+tabbing but I play in full windowed mode (one of the windowed modes) and have from the beginning because I didn't like the black screen that would appear for a second when exiting the game in fullscreen mode. Also (forgot this part), Fraps doesn't like fullscreen mode.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I'm not even sure my issue is Sims 4 related tbh
  • Options

What window mode do you play in?

What is your graphic card?

I also don't have a problem alt+tabbing but I play in full windowed mode (one of the windowed modes) and have from the beginning because I didn't like the black screen that would appear for a second when exiting the game in fullscreen mode. Also (forgot this part), Fraps doesn't like fullscreen mode.

If you're asking me - haven't got a clue, my other half is the tech person in the house.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    as for alt tabbing to desktop, another thread has a workaround that for now seems to be working. Go to option and click on windowed mode, accept it, then go back to options and choose fullscreen mode and accept it. You should then be able to alt tab out for quite a while before something breaks again and you have to do it over again...windowed mode then full screen mode. Hopefully they will fix whatever is causing this soon.

As for the loading time that the original poster spoke of, I haven't had this specific problem, but have found that deleting the cache files does speed up the game if it starts to slow down.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785615/deleting-cache-files-found-this/p1

Also, apparently there are now several mods that are messing up the game now. In particular is the moveobjects mod as well as the improved tv-computer mod by Biscomix over on MTS. So it's quite possible that there are a couple of mods messing with your game. You mentioned you have no CC, but I am not sure if this also means you have no mods so I put this comment in as well.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    The most important step of solving problems in The Sims 4:
    - remove mods
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    The most important step of solving problems in The Sims 4:
    - remove mods
    Every time I see a thread about glitches and the OP clearly states they don't have any CC/mods, there's always at least one person who saids remove them.
    headdesk.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    And every time I replay I address who is the reply ment for - unless it's a post before mine.
    In this case I was replying to Ashkevron. Not to other posts in this thread.
    Hopefully, this clears your confusion @EasyToRead
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    And every time I replay I address who is the reply ment for - unless it's a post before mine.
    In this case I was replying to Ashkevron. Not to other posts in this thread.
    Hopefully, this clears your confusion @EasyToRead
    I don't see how the previous comment fit with your reply but if you say so. People usually quote comments they are replying to unless it's towards the OP.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You don't see this sentence?
    apparently there are now several mods that are messing up the game now. In particular is the moveobjects mod as well as the improved tv-computer mod by Biscomix over on MTS.

People usually do what they do.
    I don't do what people usually do. This is not facebook but is a forum. There is no need to address or quote previous post if you're replying onto that post. Only those posts/posters that are not adjacent.
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    is the fullscreen mode broken after the pool update i am not able to return to my desktop
  • Options
    CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    Sorry to hear about your issues. For me, this patch finally lets me play again after more than a month of not being able to because of previous patches. I am sure it is only a matter of time until it gets screwed up again, unfortunately. I want to be optimistic, but each new update seems to make the game more unstable.
  • Options
    anoses wrote: »
    is the fullscreen mode broken after the pool update i am not able to return to my desktop

Yes, for some. I think it might be a graphic card issue but not sure.

Change it to full windowed mode, set your frame rate to 60, and you are back in business. This mode looks no different than fullscreen mode but should allow you to still alt+tab out of the game. I use that mode and have no problems alt+tabbing. I also never have Origin online but not sure that factors in or not.

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My only problem so far (except for feeling that the pool build controls are... wonky) is that for every patch it restes my graphic settings AND set the game for windowed mode. Seems... odd.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    My only problem so far (except for feeling that the pool build controls are... wonky) is that for every patch it restes my graphic settings AND set the game for windowed mode. Seems... odd.

Probably because you have dual cards and the game has found/matched the intel card, does it reset to the lowest settings? Mine does that, just make sure that in your tray that when you have the game launched that it is showing the right card being used. Then just change them back.

I used the list that is stickied somewhere around here, found my nvidia card, changed the settings manually in-game to match that card and not the stoopid intel card. I also changed my global card settings on my device so all my programs automatically use the nvidia card. I wish devices would stop shipping with two cards like this.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Probably because you have dual cards and the game has found/matched the intel card, does it reset to the lowest settings?

Nope, I have only one card.
    It's not really a problem, it takes 10 seconds to fix (Switch to fullscreen, the ultra and check "uncompressed textures"). It's just strange.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

Probably because you have dual cards and the game has found/matched the intel card, does it reset to the lowest settings?

Nope, I have only one card.
    It's not really a problem, it takes 10 seconds to fix (Switch to fullscreen, the ultra and check "uncompressed textures"). It's just strange.

Aw, man!

Why you gotta go busting up my theory like that? LOL

I'm glad you are able to easily fix it though.
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    anoses wrote: »

Yes, for some. I think it might be a graphic card issue but not sure.

Change it to full windowed mode, set your frame rate to 60, and you are back in business. This mode looks no different than fullscreen mode but should allow you to still alt+tab out of the game. I use that mode and have no problems alt+tabbing. I also never have Origin online but not sure that factors in or not.

Thanks i will try that :)
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    I have not had any issues from any update I always back up before and download manualy. I do have to re enable scripts mods and some settings but this is just now part of my routine. I am obviously very lucky no problems at all.