Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anime and manga in sims? Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    The Sims will never have an anime expansion pack. Period.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    nateslice wrote: »
    I think those of you who hate anime and manga are really missing out. You can find pretty much any sort of story there; to say you hate them is like saying you hate TV or movies or music.

Agreed . Anime covers a wide range of genres so you never know what might be out there that you'll like .
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I want Totoro!!
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think those of you who hate anime and manga are really missing out. You can find pretty much any sort of story there; to say you hate them is like saying you hate TV or movies or music.

Agreed . Anime covers a wide range of genres so you never know what might be out there that you'll like .
    I only watch mature animes like Shiki and Claymore. Care to suggest me some? No nudity and unnecessary intercourse please.

Also no romance and juggling tiddies please
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Jimil wrote: »

I only watch mature animes like Shiki and Claymore. Care to suggest me some? No nudity and unnecessary intercourse please.

If you're a sports fan, you might want to try out:
    • Ookiku Furikabutte (The Big Windup)
    • Haikyuu
    • Free!!
    • Daiya no A
    • Slam Dunk

Also Check out Ghibli's works. The best IMO.
    • My Neighbor Totoro
    • Howl's Moving Castle
    • The Secret World of Arriety
    • Spirited Away
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

Hm. Claymore fan, eh?

Maybe try...

Basilisk, Blassreiter, Darker than Black, Escaflowne... That's all the clean ones I can think of off the top of my head. If you like supernatural and a bit of gore, Another is a great one--one of my favourites.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited October 2014

Try Grave of the Fireflies or Ghost in the Shell . both are good . old mind you but good
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

Try Grave of the Fireflies or Ghost in the Shell . both are good .

Forgot about Ghost in the Shell. That's another one of my favourites.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    I tend to like teen romance comedies, myself. A couple of good ones with no nudity are Nisekoi and Toradora.
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »

If you're a sports fan, you might want to try out:
    • Ookiku Furikabutte (The Big Windup)
    • Haikyuu
    • Free!!
    • Daiya no A
    • Slam Dunk

Also Check out Ghibli's works. The best IMO.
    Oh dayum, I watched like all of Ghibli's animated movies already. But I'm not so much of a sports fan though I watched Ookiku. Oh well, I'll just start watching Psycho Pass on Netflix then. That show looks promising. Thanks for your suggestions though.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    @nateslice - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, is a recent fave of mine! Love the manga, as for the anime the seiyuus really did a splendid job capturing their character! <3
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    Thanks for the tip, @AnnePlays! I'll have to check that out.
  • Options

Try Grave of the Fireflies or Ghost in the Shell . both are good . old mind you but good
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Try Grave of the Fireflies or Ghost in the Shell . both are good .

Forgot about Ghost in the Shell. That's another one of my favourites.
    I've already seen both of them. Ugh *shrugs* :# I should've listed the animes I've watched but it's too many.
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi, Simmers!

I know that it's hard to stay strictly on-topic when discussing ideas based on other media, but I'm going to have to ask that any mature-themed titles not be mentioned here.

Thanks for your understanding!
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Ooooh you guys got in trouble.

Jk, lol. Seriously though, I think it'd be nice to have some anime in it as well. But as everyone's been stating, most likely we'll get that through cc creators. I'm not a huge fan of anime like I was back when I was 14. I'm 18 now, and anime creeps me out from all its pervertedness....is that a word?....pervertness?.....Eh, you know what I mean.
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    edited October 2014
    If I had the time, I'd make Sims based on this anime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IMYLzAr7sk

Especially that of Hakase just because she's so cute...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl_BhJL_sdE
    Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I hate anime.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Someone obviously didn't watch FMA, Death Note nor Cowboy Bebop.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    popstar7 wrote: »
    I can def see some sort of anime CC like there is for TS3 but an EP would be interesting, I like anime! However, I don't think it would happen simply because EA tend to create EP that can be enjoyed by all, with quite a generic and basic subject (holidays, pets etc) rather than something more specific, I guess? I mean, that sells better to a wider audience.

Maybe, but then again maybe not. They did give us the Katy Perry Sweet Treats. If they can give us that theme, they could do an anime series SP.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'd love to get some anime-themed stuff although I would prefer for it to be EA's own creation for the game and not just ripped off from existing shows just because I'm not a massive fan of real world branding etc appearing in games I'm playing. That being said; I don' think it'll happen. Anime is one of those niche hobbies / interests and for that reason I just don't think it would be a worthwhile use of an expansion pack or stuff pack, even if I happen to like it.

I'd really prefer for EA to step away from the nicheness they seemed to focus upon with TS3. There were a few really good EPs but a lot of the stuff packs were far too niche (Katy Perry: Sweet Treats anyone?) - if EA are determined to bring in the Store again they could use that to peddle the more niche content (I can't speak for everyone but this is something I personally wouldn't mind them doing as long as the pricing is NOT a repeat of TS3's store. It sure beats splitting up a pack and selling half of it on the disk and half of it in the store) while keeping more mainstream / widely liked content for the actual packs.

Anime-style CC (hair, eyes etc) was quite popular though with creators when they were making it for TS3 so fingers crossed we'll get some anime-esque CC :)

@JoxerTM22 I freaking LOVE Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop. Couldn't really get into Death Note though (I was enjoying it up until about the halfway point and after that it just seemed to get pretty boring). My avatar ATM is a very loose adaptation of Lust. I really need to make a better one though :)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm not going to tell anyone what they can or can't want in the Sims, or what should or shouldn't be in there. But, if there were to be an anime pack of any sort - I wouldn't be buying it.
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    DMC-Dantes.png

That's all I want.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    grimacedia wrote: »
    In what way? I think it'd be interesting to have a comic book artist profession with a mangaka level. It could include more clutter/deco items like a stack of manga and anime dvds, as well as wall scrolls/figurines. Plus a channel for just cartoons (anime-style one could be mixed in?) would be nice to have.
    sims152318 wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of anime, but it would be nice to have an anime channel for your Simmies. :)

These ideas i would love!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

If I want to take a scissor to my eyes when I look at the art style, I wont enjoy the storyline.

Your loss! There's so many amazing stories, definitely beats the crap they release today in series.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    @JoxerTM22 I freaking LOVE Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop. Couldn't really get into Death Note though (I was enjoying it up until about the halfway point and after that it just seemed to get pretty boring). My avatar ATM is a very loose adaptation of Lust. I really need to make a better one though :)
    When I see someone says "hate anime" I'm pretty sure all they ever saw was pokemon&clones and yugioh&clones. Or they saw nothing at all but are driven by prejudice.

Their loss.

And your Lust avatar *does* look like the manga/anime character! I love it!