Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Shimrod made a mod to counter the bug, if you use mods that is.
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    Shimrod101 wrote: »
    I gave up hope at this point, to the Deep Roads then shall we go?

Yes, you and all must simply bite the bullet and come over to the dark side, using one of my mods for all eternity, possibly longer.

p.s. Read that sentence while staring intently at my avatar, lol.

I use mods, just giving up hope that this will get an official fix. I only have three weeks to prepare myself for Inquisition as it is so The Sims is shelved for the time being.

Are there cookies on the dark side though? I haven't seen any.
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Willow wrote: »

Yes, you and all must simply bite the bullet and come over to the dark side, using one of my mods for all eternity, possibly longer.

I use mods, just giving up hope that this will get an official fix. I only have three weeks to prepare myself for Inquisition as it is so The Sims is shelved for the time being.

Are there cookies on the dark side though? I haven't seen any.

What if there is a Fix i wont Give up hope.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

OOO. A Shimrod. If you did make that mod, it is awesome-sauce! Thanks man.
  • Options
    claritysfclaritysf Posts: 384 Member
    I haven't been following this thread, but now my twin Sim boys were born with weirdly squinted eyes and I'm wondering if it's connected to this glitch. They can't seem to open their eyes all the way. Their eyelids are always only halfway open. Their jaw looks okay though. Do you think this is related to this glitch? I'm pretty sure I installed the newest patch. :(

2888e650-fc15-471f-aa1d-e77002ebe49e.png

7889f74e-334b-4634-8dc5-5bd679657b08.png

6bec2976-003a-4f51-8b38-6bfadf9e8742.png
    tumblr_mackehc6CQ1qgi6ty.gif
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    As of tomorrow I'll have been waiting for a fix longer than I actually got to play the game.
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    SimSiren3 wrote: »
    So have we given up on the actual game being fixed now? Is this thread just going to be a discussion of the mod? If so I'll stop checking it altogether, and hope that Willow will let me know in our Dragon Age thread if this ever does actually get fixed...

Yeah. Good luck with that. Ever try playing Sims3 without overwatch/nraas. In 5 years they never fixed that for Sims3.

This is what really concerns me. I wanted to badly to believe that EA/Maxis had changed their stripes. They seemed so much more communicative and earnest... I actually abandoned TS3 just before the last expansion pack, because I resented a game that could not be played without mods. I was so excited to start "fresh" with TS4 and naively hoped that this wouldn't be the same heartbreak.

But for history to repeat itself ONE MONTH into gameplay, when I was so willing to give them another chance? I just... sheesh. I suppose it's too late to ask for a refund?

• Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited October 2014
    I didn't notice this, gotta check if it's actually happened or not before I delete my last save for my game restart. If it borked,it's modding time again!

EDIT: No jaw difference but eyes are smaller. It's borked alright.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I see we still don't have a fix from EA. Thank goodness for Shimrod's mod, at least I can play, the people who won't use mods have had a broken game for a month now, fix it already!
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    Ok, another update. I tried it on a new sim with a new game save and it didn't happen.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of fixes that only fix things if you start all over and abandon your previous games.
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I have tested in a new save game, and the glitch is still present anyway.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I've always thought EA breathes a sigh of relief when a modder comes along and fixes glaring bugs: "One less thing we need to bother with/spend money on!"
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I try to keep faith that EA will fix things, but after I tried for a whole year to get the Sims 3 fountain animations fixed and after being told by a Guru that they where working on a fix..... nothing ever happened! A modder fixed them for me!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I am afraid to use mods......last time I tried, downloaded something that I was told would unzip files before downloading the fix to the glitch, by the time I was ready to download it on modthesims, the computer wouldn't let me get to the page. I instead got a warning that I had a virus on my computer, uninstalled the program that I had already downloaded for unzipping files, and downloaded spybot to scan my computer. Thankfully I didn't have said virus and was able to move on. Now I don't even want to try to even download anything to take care of the glitch. EA really needs to step it up........fix the things that they say that they will fix and then actually follow through. How long ago did they say that they were going to take care of this glitch?
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    That's weird. WinRAR or Zip or 7ZIP (or whatever it's called) should all be safe. Maybe the virus came from the site you downloaded them from? There is also malware that will pop-up fake warnings in an attempt to get you to click on them to "fix" the problem. When you do that, it takes you to a page that does infect your machine (or gets you to DL their "virus checker/fixer" that is an actual virus itself.

I don't use mods or cc from people or sites I know and trust. I have always found MTS, NRAAS and MATY to be safe to download from.

Not saying you should use mods or cc if you're not comfortable with that, but there are so many things you may need to unzip. Do you have a workable program for that now?
  • Options
    MissLuizMissLuiz Posts: 10 New Member
    Argh. I had hoped I had missed this glitch. Sadly, when my oldest son and heir of my legacy family aged to YA, BAM! teeny eyes, big jaw. I don't know what to do know. I have stopped playing the family, hoping a fix would come in. In other weirdness, I had relatively bug free gameplay til the last patch - now I have pathing issues, items stuck to Sims and actions that are queued up disappearing. I have invested a lot of time into this family. Boo.
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    Due to this problem I've lost my enthusiasm for the game and have stopped playing. I know I can get the mod and maybe I will down the road, but right now I can't bring myself to care. For now I am watching the board to see if Maxis fixes it.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited October 2014
    That's weird. WinRAR or Zip or 7ZIP (or whatever it's called) should all be safe. Maybe the virus came from the site you downloaded them from? There is also malware that will pop-up fake warnings in an attempt to get you to click on them to "fix" the problem. When you do that, it takes you to a page that does infect your machine (or gets you to DL their "virus checker/fixer" that is an actual virus itself.

I don't use mods or cc from people or sites I know and trust. I have always found MTS, NRAAS and MATY to be safe to download from.

Not saying you should use mods or cc if you're not comfortable with that, but there are so many things you may need to unzip. Do you have a workable program for that now?

I think that I may have misclicked and spelled things wrong and downloaded the wrong thing........and I don't think that there was a way to get rid of the message and go onto their site. It just put me off to the whole thing because you just never know.........

And no, no workable program as of right now......
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    If you guys think EA is going to fix this issue then I have a mansion in California I would like to sell you.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    If you guys think EA is going to fix this issue then I have a mansion in California I would like to gift you.

There, I fixed it for you. :)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    If you guys think EA is going to fix this issue then I have a mansion in California I would like to gift you.

There, I fixed it for you. :)

... sell it for free! :P
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LIBS93LIBS93 Posts: 43 Member
    edited October 2014
    I noticed this too because all of the men in the neighboorhood were so unatractive and too masculine. Then I figured out this was the problem and it's really annoying
    331emnq.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Simley wrote: »
    Due to this problem I've lost my enthusiasm for the game and have stopped playing. I know I can get the mod and maybe I will down the road, but right now I can't bring myself to care. For now I am watching the board to see if Maxis fixes it.

Ditto.

At this point I've decided that if they are just going to consider this "fixed" because somebody made a mod for it, I'm done with the Sims franchise. I know they've behaved that way in the past, but I'm not one to hold grudges; I'm only judging them on how they handle this particular problem. It's still early enough that they MIGHT just be dragging their feet about it in favor of more exciting NEW SHINY features.

But I am not spending another dime on Sims-related stuff until I can see that they haven't just abandoned this because they expect us to all download a mod to fix their mistake.

I repeat: I do not want to play a game that requires mods to work as intended. To think that's an okay state of affairs is insulting not only to your players, but to yourselves, EA. Come on. I know you have no financial motivation to do the right thing, but I really wanted to believe that your newest crop of devs actually gave a plum about quality.

• Options
    SimSiren3 wrote: »
    Simley wrote: »

Ditto.

At this point I've decided that if they are just going to consider this "fixed" because somebody made a mod for it, I'm done with the Sims franchise. I know they've behaved that way in the past, but I'm not one to hold grudges; I'm only judging them on how they handle this particular problem. It's still early enough that they MIGHT just be dragging their feet about it in favor of more exciting NEW SHINY features.

But I am not spending another dime on Sims-related stuff until I can see that they haven't just abandoned this because they expect us to all download a mod to fix their mistake.

I repeat: I do not want to play a game that requires mods to work as intended. To think that's an okay state of affairs is insulting not only to your players, but to yourselves, EA. Come on. I know you have no financial motivation to do the right thing, but I really wanted to believe that your newest crop of devs actually gave a plum about quality.

EA?? GIVING A PLUM ABOUT QUALITY??? WHAT???????
    oh3cjs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top