Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

starting over

How do I start a clean game without re-install? What files in my sims 4 folders are ok to erase? I want the tutorials upon start up also.

Comments

• Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    You don't need to delete anything to start a new game, use the little play arrow with a plus sign on it.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Just open game then click on the plus sign at the top of the screen, After you make your sim and house them then save as new game and name it. You can delete your other games if you want to.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Erase everything in My Documents.
  • Options
    denise110485denise110485 Posts: 89 New Member
    well I really wanted to delete everything on my computer also. Cant I get rid of some files since I wont be playing any of my old saves?
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you want to delete everything on your pc, just reinstall windows...
  • Options
    > @DerekJohnson said:
    > Erase everything in My Documents.

do u mean the whole sims 4 folder?

documents>electronic arts>sims4
  • Options
    well I really wanted to delete everything on my computer also. Cant I get rid of some files since I wont be playing any of my old saves?

Only do this if your REALLY know what you are doing. Do you have the recovery disk that came with your computer? This is the fastest way to take your computer back to almost like the day you took it out of the box.
  • Options
    > @catmando830 said:
    > denise110485 wrote: »
    >
    > well I really wanted to delete everything on my computer also. Cant I get rid of some files since I wont be playing any of my old saves?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Only do this if your REALLY know what you are doing. Do you have the recovery disk that came with your computer? This is the fastest way to take your computer back to almost like the day you took it out of the box.

Ok, Im confusing u guys sorry! I mean what files within the electronic arts/sims 4 folder can I delete?
  • Options
    Uninstall and reinstall the game.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    What do you mean by "delete everything on my computer"? It sounds like you want to wipe your computer, but I think maybe you just want to reboot your sims game?
  • Options
    > @songsmith2003 said:
    > What do you mean by "delete everything on my computer"? It sounds like you want to wipe your computer, but I think maybe you just want to reboot your sims game?

Yea I worded it wrong. I just want do delete all the unnecessary files that accumulated from old saves
  • Options
    TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    Remove The Sims 4 game folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts and a fresh one will be created when you restart your game. If you have mods or custom content that you wish to keep, simply move the Mods folder out to the Desktop during recreation and then back in after.
  • Options
    > @Tryc said:
    > Remove The Sims 4 game folder from My Documents/Electronic Arts and a fresh one will be created when you restart your game. If you have mods or custom content that you wish to keep, simply move the Mods folder out to the Desktop during recreation and then back in after.
    >
    THANK YOU!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2014
    I cannot believe some of the advice you're being given. If you want to delete your old saves, go to ... My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and delete the contents in the folder entitled "saves". If you want to delete all your saved sims and lots -- anything you have in the gallery (just your private library) delete the contents in the folder entitled "Tray".

Edit: You may just want to back up those files, though, in case you change your mind later and want them back.
  • Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member

I've been sitting here for the past 5 mins just watching the kitty pics! (And telling my 1 yr old he can't grow ANY more!!)

• Options
    Okay! I think that's why you were getting conflicting answers. You can remove/delete your EA TS4 folder from my documents. The game will generate new files when you fire it up. If you ever need to do this (because of game killing glitches etc.) but want to keep your saves just rename your TS4 folder to TS4 backup. The game will still generate a new TS4 folder with all new files.

I never delete my saves in case I change my mind later on. I move them to a different folder instead.
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member

I've been sitting here for the past 5 mins just watching the kitty pics! (And telling my 1 yr old he can't grow ANY more!!)

Kids... kitties... They always make the deal and take the treats to seal it, but they always renege. Like, immediately.
  • Options
    @deltagirl1326, telling them not to grow doesn't work. I hollered at The Kid earlier this year for disobeying me and refusing to walk around with several copies of the Oxford English Dictionary on her head to keep her from growing. She defied me and now she's off to college. The brat.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    @denise110485

Exactly. The game will regenerate, with a fresh save. All will be lost, though.

If you do not want to lose it, copy and paste it elsewhere.