Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost just won't appear even after 12 days!

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
Is there a condition for the ghost to appear? All light off ? Everyone in the household must be asleep? I have a sims working till 11pm maybe that's the reason why the ghost won't appear? Help!
Post edited by jimbbq on

Comments

• Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    They don't have to be asleep for the ghosts to appear. Do you have an urn? I haven't had a ghost from an urn yet. May be just coincidence but when I put it outside to turn it into a tombstone, then I got a ghost. (I mourned over it first, too.)
  • Options
    I have an urn. I have been waiting for a long time but nothing yet so far. I am losing patience ....
  • Options
    I also had an urn sit around for a week with no ghosts. I haven't been back to that game since the genetics glitch. My second urn is the one I eventually turned into a tombstone and suddenly there's a ghost. Try that and see if it helps.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    There's not really a catch to it. They just appear when it's midnight.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I've had ghost appear from urn and gravestone. It's supposed to just take a few days for them to appear. You didn't accidently send them to netherworld did you?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but my ghost did not appear for over a week. Then, my Sim decided to go to the grave stone and Mourn, and the ghost appeared that night. You could give that a go.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    I did mourn at the urn , and no I did not send the spirit away. It is really frustrating!
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Possibly silly question, but is the urn/grave in a place the ghost can get out of? Is it right against something or turned around backwards? Nothing is in front of it possibly blocking a ghost from getting out? Just guessing.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Yeah I noticed the way I had gravestones placed, the ghosts spawn BEHIND it. I don't know if they have multiple spawn locations but that's just a bit of insight from my experience.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Aha... the urn I had that never spawned a ghost was up against a wall. That might explain it.
  • Options
    My urn is up against the wall but I made sure the "entrance" is facing away from the wall.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Try moving it or put it outside and make it a tombstone (you can move it again, it's not stuck as a tombstone) and see if that makes a difference?
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    I am seriously 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I move the urn outside and it turns into a tomb stone, but 4 days later, still no ghost!! sigh... maybe there is a ghost bug I am having...
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    @jimbbq my first ghost took over one (sim) week to spawn. I'd actually forgotten about it, thinking there was a bug, and then all of a sudden I had a ghost eating all of the food out of my fridge! :| After that he appears every few nights, but he's pretty spontaneous...

I hope your ghost appears soon!
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    @jimbbq my first ghost took over one (sim) week to spawn. I'd actually forgotten about it, thinking there was a bug, and then all of a sudden I had a ghost eating all of the food out of my fridge! :| After that he appears every few nights, but he's pretty spontaneous...

I hope your ghost appears soon!

But I already had the urn in door for 7-8 days, plus 4 days tombstone !!! Still no ghost. Maybe I was at speed 3 at night and missed it ?
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Hmm. That is quite a long time to be ghostless. I'm afraid I don't know then :(
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sob sob ... :'(
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I haven't played with ghost either.. I keep meaning to play my households that have deceased family members. hopefully it will work.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Okay, so it's outside, you've had someone mourn, it's not against a wall (they do spawn in back of the tombstone) ... I don't know. Is the Sim's name still on the tombstone? If it's blank, your dead Sim may have been culled.

I got my first ghost today. It was the day after she died, and boy was she mad at first! Kicked the trashcan over!
  • Options
    I have seen my first ghost in another household before . This is my second try in another household and nothing so far ....
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm going to ask the same question MsPhy did. Is the Sim's name still on the tombstone/urn? If it's not, it was probably culled from the population.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Sims 4 won't appear after 5 years of development.
  • Options
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    I'm going to ask the same question MsPhy did. Is the Sim's name still on the tombstone/urn? If it's not, it was probably culled from the population.

the name is still on..... I am totally lost in this game with ghost....
  • Options
    as it turns out, the solution is to turn on the Spooky music on the radio and the ghost will come out!!!! strange!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've been waiting 2 weeks now since they all died in the house of demise and still no ghosts. I even made a graveyard and put all their tombstones there.