Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I went to Walmart yesterday...

Comments

• Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited October 2014
    colton147 wrote: »
    EA must be desperate for sales. ;)

Actually EA didn't do the free pack of gum. Wal-mart did. :p
    It is a deal with EA though. I bet they're trying to get Justine Keaton to buy the game.
    @colton147
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

It is a deal with EA though. I bet they're trying to get Justine Keaton to buy the game.
    @colton147

>_>

<_<

You know too much... *gets roll of duct-tape*
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I'd be too afraid that the gum would have bugs as well :(
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I love gum, I've finished 2 packs of gum in one day :D
    I guess the incentive would've worked for me then.............I really like gum....
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Not a good deal. The gum loses flavor really fast. Pass.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

Just like the game! :D (for some)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »

Just like the game! :D (for some)

Woah snap

Apply water over burn
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    heres an image at walmart, i didnt take it
    Sims-4-Walmart.jpg

That price tho... I'd just buy the gum and leave.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Smiley-blowingbubble.gif
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Hahahaha! This is hilarious! I mean REALLY? Like a free pack of gum is going to be enough incentive! I think they just had problems selling the gum so they tried to find a way to get rid of it without throwing it away!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    blufaery83 wrote: »
    Hahahaha! This is hilarious! I mean REALLY? Like a free pack of gum is going to be enough incentive! I think they just had problems selling the gum so they tried to find a way to get rid of it without throwing it away!

Hey sell two pieces of trash at the same time. The gum loses its flavor almost as quick as it takes to get bored of the game.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited October 2014
    That's kind of like the wooden nickel everyone got at work to use as a discount on a cup of coffee at this grand opening. I saved it and put in my jewelry box because I didn't want to forget that.
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    lol This was one of the preorder incentives back before the game even came out! I saw the ad at the time in store and I literally went "Are you kidding me?!" out loud. XD

IDK if people in my area like bleh-gum or what though, because the last 3 times I went to Walmart within the course of a month, I checked the game section just for curiosity. First time I went was a few days after the game came out, and there were no copies of TS4 at all. A week or so later, they got a bunch more in stock (in a similar display as the pic above), but by the third week, they were sold out again, and the gum they'd show nearby was gone too. :|
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lol This was one of the preorder incentives back before the game even came out! I saw the ad at the time in store and I literally went "Are you kidding me?!" out loud. XD

IDK if people in my area like bleh-gum or what though, because the last 3 times I went to Walmart within the course of a month, I checked the game section just for curiosity. First time I went was a few days after the game came out, and there were no copies of TS4 at all. A week or so later, they got a bunch more in stock (in a similar display as the pic above), but by the third week, they were sold out again, and the gum they'd show nearby was gone too. :|
    In my Walmart there was no display like that. TS4 was on the bottom of a shelf with the advertisment for the free gum. When I was at Walmart today I was curious about how many TS4 copies were left, but it took me a few minutes to find them due to the games being so close to the ground. :) There was just one Premium copy left
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    In my Walmart there was no display like that. TS4 was on the bottom of a shelf with the advertisment for the free gum. When I was at Walmart today I was curious about how many TS4 copies were left, but it took me a few minutes to find them due to the games being so close to the ground. :) There was just one Premium copy left

Yeah, the first day the game was released, they had it set up like that too for me, closer to the ground, harder to spot, etc. My guess is that they didn't have the display available or ready in time. I was all set to get the regular edition of the game, only to find that it was all sold out. I was there at like 11am that day, and already it was gone. They only had three of the premium left, so I had to bite the bullet. I mean, I had a gift card for $50 from online surveys I've done, so it wasn't such a big purchase, but still it shocked me lol.
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Hey sell two pieces of trash at the same time. The gum loses its flavor almost as quick as it takes to get bored of the game.

To be honest Munch, I don't think TS4 is trash.........I think that blufaery had it right. The gum probably didn't sell, so they wanted to find a way to make it sell. TS4 isn't trash really......I just think that some don't give it a fair shot. The others that complain about it, well......they might have legitimate reasons why they don't like it, but still, they need to wait for the expansions. Any base game has been vanilla at one point or another or even called trash at one point. TS3? No one could play the darn thing......some even had to have mods from the get-go with that game. So this isn't any different. People really need to get over the stuff that they took out......after all, no one knows what it takes to make the game. And lets face it, EA is a high-powered company that looks at numbers, not quality of items sold. They have quotas to meet while trying to care about the customer's ability to run the game well, so this is what comes of it. Everyone asks the same question, why is it that mods can do the things that they do when EA says its "too hard"? My answer is simple........its because EA doesn't have that kind of time on their hands........with the billions of games they sell/make patches for to improve them AND not only that but be there to handle complaints and help fix things.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »

To be honest Munch, I don't think TS4 is trash.........I think that blufaery had it right. The gum probably didn't sell, so they wanted to find a way to make it sell. TS4 isn't trash really......I just think that some don't give it a fair shot. The others that complain about it, well......they might have legitimate reasons why they don't like it, but still, they need to wait for the expansions. Any base game has been vanilla at one point or another or even called trash at one point. TS3? No one could play the darn thing......some even had to have mods from the get-go with that game. So this isn't any different. People really need to get over the stuff that they took out......after all, no one knows what it takes to make the game. And lets face it, EA is a high-powered company that looks at numbers, not quality of items sold. They have quotas to meet while trying to care about the customer's ability to run the game well, so this is what comes of it. Everyone asks the same question, why is it that mods can do the things that they do when EA says its "too hard"? My answer is simple........its because EA doesn't have that kind of time on their hands........with the billions of games they sell/make patches for to improve them AND not only that but be there to handle complaints and help fix things.

lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    That's sad.

LOL "Walk Style for Sims 4 Pets" love it

Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »

lol

See, there's this button that is at the bottom of the page......maybe you didn't see it.......
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    When I preordered, I got a plumbob keychain. :D

All I got was a rock :( -Quote from Charlie Brown.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Walmart giving out free gum, there is much more going on behind the scenes then what we see.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    Gum? Wait...what kind?
    sour-patch-gum.jpg?w=300&h=210

They make sour patch kids gum....?

My life will never be the same.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Gum? Wait...what kind?
    sour-patch-gum.jpg?w=300&h=210

They make sour patch kids gum....?

My life will never be the same.
    Don't try the orange flavor, it's not sour at all. :(
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Well, when the sales of your product are SOUR, you would do anything to draw attention back to it. You just hope something would STICK and bring in the success you are yearning for.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The quality of the gum is just as bad as the quality of the game. Perfect match!
    oh3cjs.jpg