Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a Halloween Featured Look

Before the store closed there was quite a bit of speculation about a new set for Halloween. Simmers were excited about this so I wondered whether you creative people out there might like to create a Halloween Featured Look using the store content only.

If anyone is up to the challenge I suggest you develop your creations for display on 30th October just in time for Halloween.

Perhaps other less creative people could make suggestions as to what Halloween looks they would like to see just to provide some inspiration.

I would quite like a spooky lighthouse for example.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Great idea and with no cc please.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Another great idea, @Meldrew! :)
  • Options
    I wish the gurus would make one especially Simguru Kitty.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    What a wonderful idea and I love the idea of a spooky lighthouse! I already have so many amazing haunted castles and mansions made by the amazingly talented folk that play this game that anymore, while welcome, may seem a little like overkill to me! LOL So I would suggest 2 different themes. One, a graveyard with funeral home and the other, a recreation of one of my favorite movies ever, Gull Cottage from The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Bonus if someone makes Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney for me as well! LOL
  • Options
    How does everyone fill about a Halloween Themed Houseboat?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,294 Member

That would be cool... :)

• Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I wish I could find one and not just one decorated inside but out as well and the color of the boat orange and black. I just tweeted to Simguru Tatertot and asked her if she could pass on to Simguru Kitty to make a Halloween Themed Featured Looks Set. I can't find Simguru Kitty's name on twitter.
  • Options

I wish I could find one and not just one decorated inside but out as well and the color of the boat orange and black. I just tweeted to Simguru Tatertot and asked her if she could pass on to Simguru Kitty to make a Halloween Themed Featured Looks Set. I can't find Simguru Kitty's name on twitter.

Are they still even doing featured looks at all for TS3?
  • Options
    AmaraRena wrote: »

Are they still even doing featured looks at all for TS3?

Probebly not but they should make an exception for the holidays.

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    @Meldrew, I think this is a great idea. Wondering if it will get more visibility of any of the other categories. It's a pity I gave away all my points or I would have sponsored a contest. Would be cool to see what folks came up with :D
  • Options
    MeldrewMeldrew Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for the positive comments folks. :) We will have to wait and see if anyone out there does produce anything but fingers crossed for some good creations.
  • Options
    HarperJaneHarperJane Posts: 59 Member
    I made a Lighthouse… I don’t know how Spooky it is :neutral_face: but I did make it for Midnight Hollow.
    Honestly when I first started furnishing it, it was all cracked wood and peeling paint; the longer I worked on it, the more I wanted to play it! So it’s sort of Halloween-y/sort of rundown but mostly pretty in a weathered sort of way.

I meant for it to be Base Game only, but somehow University snuck in there (I didn’t notice until I uploaded it - SORRY!). I also made a Family to go with it, the Luces. I play tested this twice, and Odysseus Luce died both times. Spooky enough? :smiley:

Can’t post pics or links — check out my Studio :smile:
  • Options
    Great - I will do that - thanks for the info.
  • Options
    @HarperJane - great build, downloaded and recommended! Looking forwards to playing it in game.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    What a wonderful idea. I don't build but I sure know how to download.
  • Options
    HarperJaneHarperJane Posts: 59 Member
    I built a Church, and as I was designing it’s basement crypt, I had an idea about a Funeral Home. So I built that too. As with my Lighthouse, they’re not so much Scary/Haunted as Autumn/Halloween-y. I tried very hard to keep it to Store Content and Base Game Only with no CC. Other expansions might have crept in… Sorry!

Our Lady of the Murciélago is the Church and Wedding Venue. It has a Reception Hall, Reading Room and Crypt in the sub levels. I’m actually pretty excited to have this in my own Game.

Adipocere & Sons Funeral Home - A lot of stuff is going on here. Multiple levels, lots of bedrooms, viewing parlours, sitting rooms, and Urns. There are at least 13 Urns that I placed in various locations, so there’s Mourning going on all the time. :smiley: The sub level is a Mortuary - I used the massage tables as the corpse prep surfaces because it made me laugh. The ‘Cyan’ room is a freezer, and the Pizza Oven is doubling as a Crematory. The ground level is a Funeral Home with 2 Viewing Salons, and 2 Sitting Rooms, as well as an Office and Bathroom. The First Story is the Family Home with the Parents room and a Child’s room, a TV room, a large Kitchen, and full Dining room. The Attic level contains a Teenagers room, and a Storage/Junk room. Above the detached Garage is a Studio Flat with Bath, Bed, and Kitchenette. You’ll notice all the rooms are decorated for Girls. Because it’s “& Sons”, which also made me laugh. If you don’t know what Adipocere is, I would not suggest Googling it, (it’s other name is Corpse Wax). *Although I was not purposefully trying to copy Fisher & Sons from Six Feet Under, I was using it as inspiration and reference* Also - this was super fun to play, my couple kept giving each other Romantic Massages in the Mortuary. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would strongly suggest , if you have University, to use the Podium for Eulogies and Sermons in either build. You might have to rearrange seating... but REALISM!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@AmaraRena - I just had to make it Residential, but I hope you like it anyway! :smiley:

Please check out my Studio. Happy Spooky Day!
  • Options
    @HarperJane these are both great builds, I especially like your church. Recommended both and many thanks for supporting this thread. As there are a couple of other Halloween threads in the Gift Giving forum I was not sure if anyone would contribute to this one, so it is great that you did. Happy Simming. :D
  • Options
    Well it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Halloween is tomorrow. At least we got 4 Halloween Sets before the store closed.
  • Options
    HarperJane wrote: »
    I built a Church, and as I was designing it’s basement crypt, I had an idea about a Funeral Home. So I built that too. As with my Lighthouse, they’re not so much Scary/Haunted as Autumn/Halloween-y. I tried very hard to keep it to Store Content and Base Game Only with no CC. Other expansions might have crept in… Sorry!<br />
    <br />
    Our Lady of the Murciélago is the Church and Wedding Venue. It has a Reception Hall, Reading Room and Crypt in the sub levels. I’m actually pretty excited to have this in my own Game.<br />
    <br />
    Adipocere & Sons Funeral Home - A lot of stuff is going on here. Multiple levels, lots of bedrooms, viewing parlours, sitting rooms, and Urns. There are at least 13 Urns that I placed in various locations, so there’s Mourning going on all the time. :smiley: The sub level is a Mortuary - I used the massage tables as the corpse prep surfaces because it made me laugh. The ‘Cyan’ room is a freezer, and the Pizza Oven is doubling as a Crematory. The ground level is a Funeral Home with 2 Viewing Salons, and 2 Sitting Rooms, as well as an Office and Bathroom. The First Story is the Family Home with the Parents room and a Child’s room, a TV room, a large Kitchen, and full Dining room. The Attic level contains a Teenagers room, and a Storage/Junk room. Above the detached Garage is a Studio Flat with Bath, Bed, and Kitchenette. You’ll notice all the rooms are decorated for Girls. Because it’s “& Sons”, which also made me laugh. If you don’t know what Adipocere is, I would not suggest Googling it, (it’s other name is Corpse Wax). *Although I was not purposefully trying to copy Fisher & Sons from Six Feet Under, I was using it as inspiration and reference* Also - this was super fun to play, my couple kept giving each other Romantic Massages in the Mortuary. :stuck_out_tongue: <br />
    <br />
    I would strongly suggest , if you have University, to use the Podium for Eulogies and Sermons in either build. You might have to rearrange seating... but REALISM!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: <br />
    <br />
    @AmaraRena - I just had to make it Residential, but I hope you like it anyway! :smiley:<br />
    <br />
    Please check out my Studio. Happy Spooky Day!

Can't wait to go check it out! I am still giggling over the pizza creamatory!!!!!!!!