Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the game's music?

I'm a huuge musical person, especially a sucker for instrumental music and songs like this from it are just so beautiful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlrzWAvbzE4

It gets so beautiful around 1:18

So do you like sims 4 and or the music, how do you feel and which is your favorite song?
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    I saw a video somewhere of the Music Director and the Full Orchestra recording the Sims music. The guy is a musical genious.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Never have the sound on - always watching TV while playing
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love pretty much all of the official songs, like CAS, map view, Build/Buy Modes. One in particular I'd have to say I like is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrN-eJiGbSg

I watched the behind-the-scenes video of Ilan Eshkeri and appreciated his work even more after watching it.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Well, the series always had pretty good music. I especially like TS1's build mode music and TS2's college rock.
    TS4's radio stations are a bit disappointing on that regard, IMO, but overall the game's soundtrack is great.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Never have the sound on - always watching TV while playing

You're missing out
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    It's OK, doesn't seem as catchy as previous games. However, because the music speeds up when the game speeds up, I'm not hearing everything all the way through. I would like the music to play normally no matter what the game speed, as in older Sims games.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Sims 4 has some great music, that I actually listen to more OUT of the game than IN the game because I can hardly ever hear the stereo even at max volume, stereos worked alot better in 3 I think.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2014
    Well I like the scores. I have the soundtrack downloaded on my Kindle from Amazon. The music on the radio though not so much however the spooky music station is ok.

Edit
    Oh I love the Retro Station.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Same way i have with all the other games:

TURN IT OFFFFFFFF , BEFORE I GO CRAZY!
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love the music from The Sims 4. When I'm not playing the game I always listen to songs from the album on Spotify. I feel the music is a mixture of the TS2 and TS3 music. My favorite songs are Here Come the Autumn, Take This, Milan, and Test Card 44. I really wish Mark Mothersbaugh would come back and make music for The Sims 4. He made music for The Sims 2, and it sounded amazing. :)

Edit: I also like the song in the video you posted. :)
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love it. The pop and electronica stations are my favorites.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    The soundtrack is pretty good. Like this one in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VIUcQiU2Ms
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    I miss the song Na Na Na that came with Late Night by My Chemical Romance.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer

THERE WAS AN MCR SONG INCLUDED WITH TS3 LATE NIGHT?!?!?!

that is one of my favorite bands ever.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer

Yes the one I just mentioned.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I think is majestic. I love how it has different levels on CAS and Build/Buy. It is probably the best.

It is also quite limited. I feel other base games had more music. It seems we always hear the same pieces.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer

I kind of regret not playing with the sound on now...
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cat apparently you listen to the radio in the game to much LOL Its ok I like watching their TV shows.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think is majestic. I love how it has different levels on CAS and Build/Buy. It is probably the best.

It is also quite limited. I feel other base games had more music. It seems we always hear the same pieces.

They sorta did in TS3. Since Buy Mode and Build Mode were still considered 2 different modes. That also meant diverse soundtracks.

I love the dynamic soundtracks, makes me excited to hear new ones.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »

They sorta did in TS3. Since Buy Mode and Build Mode were still considered 2 different modes. That also meant diverse soundtracks.

I love the dynamic soundtracks, makes me excited to hear new ones.

I hope new EPs brings new CAS and Buil/Buy music, just as good, from the same composer.

I remember TS2 EPs always added score, in addition to radios.
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    @catloverplayer

Yes!!!! I always loved hearing Gerard singing in simlish. It suited him so well it's nuts (not to mention he's said how he likes the Sims franchise and plays at times). My MCR-loving self was freaking out when I heard it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGoP46QtxU

At least we can put any songs we want into the different radio stations. I've put some MCR/Gerard Way stuff in there already, among others. :)
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    GERARD WAY plays the Sims?!?!!?!

total shock. just.total.shock.
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    GERARD WAY plays the Sims?!?!!?!

total shock. just.total.shock.

IKR? I was in disbelief when I first heard that. I mean, that was back in TS2 days, but this is a quote from him back then:

“What I like about The Sims is that I don't have a normal life at all, so I play this game where these people have these really boring, mundane lives. It's fun. My Sims family is called the Cholly family. I don't know why I picked that name; it's kind of random. The teenage daughter is my favourite, because I just had her go through this Goth phase. She's really kind of nerdy and she just became a concert violinist, which is pretty huge for the family. And she got into private school. But she started wearing black lipstick and she dyed her hair purple. It's pretty huge.”

Also, to be back OT, the music in this game...there's something about it I love. I feel like it's more of a movie soundtrack than anything else at times. I tend to love that feeling, even with games, so that makes me happy. :)
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    Cat apparently you listen to the radio in the game to much LOL Its ok I like watching their TV shows.

I do. ;)

• Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    I like the Maxis-made music but miss having songs by popular musicians redone in Simlish. Then again, I'm old, so for all I know, the songs included in the game are top 40 hits.

I like the Spooky Station the best out of any radio station.