Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills aren't coming in?

I don't know if bills come inconsistently, but I've noticed that I almost never receive bills; and if I do, it's after I load into the game / out of the wardrobe / dresser, and they're usually really low relative to the amount of money and things I've bought. It's also never on just a Tuesday or a Thursday; sometimes they're never delivered at all, and when they are it's always after a loading screen. Is this a glitch or something?

Comments

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    This is a complaint ? I would LOVE rare and low bills
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    This is a complaint ? I would LOVE rare and low bills
    Well some people want a challenge. :blush:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I too think the bills come too rarely :p Being on the edge economically is a fun challenge in some houses. In previous games there were bills every 3 or 4 days, but in ts4 it seems to be way longer. And I never really saw the mailman either, feels like something is missing - LOL
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2014
    I don't know if bills come inconsistently, but I've noticed that I almost never receive bills; and if I do, it's after I load into the game / out of the wardrobe / dresser, and they're usually really low relative to the amount of money and things I've bought. It's also never on just a Tuesday or a Thursday; sometimes they're never delivered at all, and when they are it's always after a loading screen. Is this a glitch or something?

The first set of Sims I placed in a house I built (cheap) didn't get any bills for about two Sim weeks. Seriously. Or longer. Then when I bulldozed a Maxis house for some Sims and moved them to houses I had placed on those lots they got a bill like the next day or that week. I think the game thought the previous Sims still lived there or doesn't recognize I moved out the previous Sims. Their bills weren't high, though, but it's odd one set in a newly built houses didn't get any for weeks, move a family to a premade cheap house by evicting the premades and they get bills the next day or same week. I think it's totally messed up.

ETA: Or the bills weren't tied to the lots but the Sims if that makes sense. Like say I had them in lot A....bills would be coming due soon...move them out to another lot....and bam a bill! Because the game just followed them with the bill? I don't know it's messed up. I agree bills should come every Tues and Thurs. as in the past.

ETA: And call me crazy but I think the game is actually skipping a day of the week and I don't play in ultra speed only on normal. I mean like it's Tuesday one day and I notice it's now Thursday etc. It doesn't happen in all households though...I'm not sure I imagine that or not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    The less bills the better, I'm in need of better things anyhow..
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I'm still wondering what was so hard about bills. Highest I've gotten is 1.6k a week. Between the 5 sims living there, that's only 400 simos a week.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I get weekly bills in the game im playing now, but my main sim gets bills only every 2 or 3 weeks. Im sure they should be weekly
  • Options
    MadarasQueenMadarasQueen Posts: 544 Member
    I got mine like one sim week later
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    It took one sim week for my sim to get their first set of bills. I noticed that so far my sims in the starter houses receive their bills on Monday and when I moved them up to the second highest housing Springscape the bills came on Tuesday. :)
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    Yeah, but my issue is they only come in after I load something, like reload my save or exit CAS; and they're considerably lower than what people are complaining about. I dunno how many weeks I've been playing, but it's been quite a few; I'd assume at leas 6, and I've only gotten bills around 3 times; I know they don't come the first week, though.

38435ced8e91d95e339aac705c5af0fa.png

Could it be something to do with how this is set up? I saw on another post that a mailman / woman DOES exist, at least the clothes do.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I'm still wondering what was so hard about bills. Highest I've gotten is 1.6k a week. Between the 5 sims living there, that's only 400 simos a week.

Highest I've gotten is 48,000 simoleons.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Yeah, but my issue is they only come in after I load something, like reload my save or exit CAS; and they're considerably lower than what people are complaining about. I dunno how many weeks I've been playing, but it's been quite a few; I'd assume at leas 6, and I've only gotten bills around 3 times; I know they don't come the first week, though.

38435ced8e91d95e339aac705c5af0fa.png

Could it be something to do with how this is set up? I saw on another post that a mailman / woman DOES exist, at least the clothes do.

No that looks fine. Easily access both mailbox and trash. The mailperson doesn't have to be able to access your mailbox actually. In another thread, the room challenge, they put their mailbox behind a fence only their sim had access and the mail was still delivered. Mailperson said they had to throw the mail at the box! :p
    Is the house a downloaded house?
    The mail people are very hard to catch! ;)

• Options
    SigmundSigmund Posts: 25 Member
    I've been playing for 3-4 sim weeks, and have received bills once. I'm definitely confused about the billing system. When they did arrive, they seemed to appear magically--I sat staring at the mailbox and never saw a mailperson come.
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    I personally wouldn't complain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: , but if you ever want to receive your bills immediately, you can use the cheat households.force_bills_due (after testingcheats true, of course). It should give you bills instantly and make the game give you bills autonomously again. :)
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    My bills have stopped coming but I have the stuck letter in my sims inventory which I think causes it. Sounds silly but I don't like my sims having to much money so I brought loads of expensive paintings lol x
    Gallery xbecky685x