Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The return to Sims 3

Ive come to realise that once the new shinyness of TS4 wears off, what I really want to do is get back to Lucky Palms, and Twallens story progression.

Comments

• Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    Ive come to realise that once the new shinyness of TS4 wears off, what I really want to do is get back to Lucky Palms, and Twallens story progression.

Welcome home! <3
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hehe, after totaling 100 Sims 4 hours, I'm finally ready to revisit my Sims 3 family. :)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

I have returned and landed in Riverview.
    The shiny wore off after I saw the babies age up to children and teens.
    Being scripted to play a detailed specific way to achieve aspiration, career, and school rewards did not help either.

I have so many underplayed worlds in TS3. I only dabbled with them as the came out. I have only played Sunset Valley and Bridgeport in detail.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Welcome back. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    We've been waiting for you! I kept your seat warm and the light on for ya :)
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    I am shocked by this... O_o

Well have fun in LP...I like that world too, it is a pretty one.

I long to make it a Las Vegas type world but I have not done it yet.

I will one day...welcome back. :)
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I have gone to playing them 50/50. The jaw/eyes glitch has set my legacy family into pause mode. I decided that I will wait a bit before progressing with them. Age is frozen and I'm working on their skills/promotions. I have a story going a long with my legacy on my tumblr and I think it makes sense for my heir's fiance to head to Bridgeport and take a few music lessons since she is a talented musician. Maybe she will have a big hit and meet stardom while there. I am also waiting to see what they do with careers in December.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Welcome back!

Is it just me or is this happening more often?
  • Options
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    Welcome back!

People are finally realising how bare and downgraded TS4 is.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Sims4 is OK but playing a base game next to a fully fleshed out and modded game is just so boring,lol. So I also am back and having fun!
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Its true what you are saying momboqueen but its not just that tS4 is a base game. When TS4 came out I made a decision that I would go with the new world so I removed TS3 from my pc.

Its not that TS4 is a base game, the problem is that its a shell of a game. The more and longer I play the more I realise that this is still a beta version. There is some great stuff in TS4, but it doesn't gel yet. What I find unforgivable with is the constant smoke and mirrors trick that EA/Maxis are pulling on us with it. The lack of info prior to release, the bombshells that were dropped on us with poddler gate and loading screens. Personally I don't much like toddlers anyway, but its a symptom of much deeper problems in the game.

As it currently stands, in my 4 gen game there are precisely 12 living sims in the 2 neighbourhoods. Everyone else has died and nothing much has happened to those houses.

But the thing that has sent me over the edge is this week the realisation that despite all the tooting and hollerin from EA about woot! ghosts! what they failed to tell us was that at 3.30am on Thursday morning the game culls your related dead sims. Seriously! The non related ones that you couldnt give a dam about are fine, their tombstones (if there are any and I have 3) work perfectly ok, but my own sims ancestors tombstones are wrecked and useless. What kind of a sick joke is that to play on legacy players?

Im very fond of my TS4 sim family and I wont abandon them altogether, but I need to get back to some simming that makes sense and does what it supposed to (with a bit of help from twallen mods).
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    I have faith in the future of 4, but I knew I didn't want to go back to a bare-bones basegame. Honestly, I really enjoying sims2 right now. In it's own way it is still as equally fun as sims3 with all the eps+95% of the store.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Its true what you are saying momboqueen but its not just that tS4 is a base game. When TS4 came out I made a decision that I would go with the new world so I removed TS3 from my pc.

Its not that TS4 is a base game, the problem is that its a shell of a game. The more and longer I play the more I realise that this is still a beta version. There is some great stuff in TS4, but it doesn't gel yet. What I find unforgivable with is the constant smoke and mirrors trick that EA/Maxis are pulling on us with it. The lack of info prior to release, the bombshells that were dropped on us with poddler gate and loading screens. Personally I don't much like toddlers anyway, but its a symptom of much deeper problems in the game.

As it currently stands, in my 4 gen game there are precisely 12 living sims in the 2 neighbourhoods. Everyone else has died and nothing much has happened to those houses.

But the thing that has sent me over the edge is this week the realisation that despite all the tooting and hollerin from EA about woot! ghosts! what they failed to tell us was that at 3.30am on Thursday morning the game culls your related dead sims. Seriously! The non related ones that you couldnt give a dam about are fine, their tombstones (if there are any and I have 3) work perfectly ok, but my own sims ancestors tombstones are wrecked and useless. What kind of a sick joke is that to play on legacy players?

Im very fond of my TS4 sim family and I wont abandon them altogether, but I need to get back to some simming that makes sense and does what it supposed to (with a bit of help from twallen mods).

This base game is disappointed to be honest..
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bluzkatbluzkat Posts: 5 New Member
    I love TS4, but got bored with it. So I'm back to my TS3 and boy did I miss it! I will be waiting for TS4 to release expansion packs or include new stuff for our sims.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I agree it needs more :# I will be happy when we get pools in a few weeks I really like those.
  • Options
    KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I have been playing them 50/50 too.
    I can't wait till the new careers!
    It will be fun having more choices :)
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I wish I could look back at the TS3 Forum a month after TS3 was released. I can search for key words, but not by date. I do not recall ANY threads back then from players who had tried TS3 and decided to go back to TS2, but that may be a fault of my memory. I remember that there were players who were upset that they couldn't play every family in the neighborhood in rotation, the way that they could in TS2, but since I didn't play that way I didn't take much notice of them.

But I don't recall so many players hating the direction that the series had taken with TS3. Or being so disappointed with the lack of certain features. Or getting bored with TS3 only 6 weeks after it was released.

I know that the Forum isn't representative of the entire TS community - for every person who posts here there are dozens, or even hundreds, who don't. But we are fairly representative of the community as a whole. Which makes me wonder about the future of TS4. If people are bored or unhappy with the game now, will they buy the EPs? I'm guessing that a lot of people who bought the game will buy the first EP even if they don't like the base game for whatever reason. I think that they will buy the EP in the hope that it will 'fix' the game - but I don't think that the game can be 'fixed' at all.

I am putting 'fix' in quotes because I don't think that everyone agrees on why TS4 is broken - just that it is broken. I realize that some players like the direction the game has taken, of course, but I think that even they would agree that TS4 has a different play-style than previous games. I've seen so many comments on how players used to play previous iterations of The Sims for hours at a time, but can only play TS4 for an hour before getting bored and logging off - and these are people who LIKE the game!

My point is that sales of TS4 don't accurately represent how the game was actually received - a lot of people decided to give it a try despite having misgivings about everything that was left out. I believe that many players will do the same thing with the first EP - which will give the Powers That Be at EA the impression that they are on the right track.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think that EA is on the right track.

I don't think that there will be as many EPs for TS4 as there was for TS3. It appears that a significant portion of the base hasn't moved on from TS3 to TS4 - and that some of those who have moved on have now moved back. They may buy the first EP, but if TS4 remains as game-directed and shallow as it started, those players won't buy the second or third EP. So TS4 has to pick up a whole bunch of new players in order to succeed - and I don't think it can. I think that everyone who is likely to play The Sims pretty much already does. There will be some growth among players who were too young to play previous versions, of course.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to know what others think.
  • Options
    Jasmine01Jasmine01 Posts: 73 Member
    Welcome back, from a game where the is literally 0% relation to ANY of the previous games!
  • Options
    Some of the direction being taken is fine. I hate the unlockable content. I deal with the base careers. But as far as families and skills go I really enjoy them. There is decent family dynamic that can be built on.

The careers they offer aren't my thing. I find the goals I have to meet for them breaks my immersion.

And to touch on what you said about said sims 3...Some people did hate it and never played it again. It had to grow on a lot of people. But with that being said 3 wasn't nearly as big a leap away from the from the franchise as 4 is. This time around to me it feels like there was a huge disconnect between the devs and the Simmers. Do I think this incarnation will get better? Absolutely. But a lot of simmers are taking off their rose colored glasses and want the evidence.

Time will tell...
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    But I don't recall so many players hating the direction that the series had taken with TS3. Or being so disappointed with the lack of certain features. Or getting bored with TS3 only 6 weeks after it was released.

A lot of them are TS4 cheerleaders now.
    They really hated TS3. When the TS4 forum chatter first started, my first thought was: Wow, the chickens have come home to roost. :)

I went back to TS2 after exploring the World Adventures EP, but that didn't last long because I could not stand playing without create-a-style.
    I tried TS4 and I do really like the new sims and their animations and multi-tasking, plus build-mode is neat, but that's about it. The game-play is boring and the worlds are boring. Hopefully the EPs will fix that.

I am having so much fun with TS3 now. I missed create-a-style and having my sims doing various things all over town, plus being able to edit the town to my liking. I have towns I never played and lots of content that I have hardly used. I am stock piling game scenarios to play out. I will have a lot to keep me busy. :D

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    I wish I could look back at the TS3 Forum a month after TS3 was released. I can search for key words, but not by date. I do not recall ANY threads back then from players who had tried TS3 and decided to go back to TS2, but that may be a fault of my memory. I remember that there were players who were upset that they couldn't play every family in the neighborhood in rotation, the way that they could in TS2, but since I didn't play that way I didn't take much notice of them.

I know that the Forum isn't representative of the entire TS community - for every person who posts here there are dozens, or even hundreds, who don't. But we are fairly representative of the community as a whole. Which makes me wonder about the future of TS4. If people are bored or unhappy with the game now, will they buy the EPs? I'm guessing that a lot of people who bought the game will buy the first EP even if they don't like the base game for whatever reason. I think that they will buy the EP in the hope that it will 'fix' the game - but I don't think that the game can be 'fixed' at all.

I am putting 'fix' in quotes because I don't think that everyone agrees on why TS4 is broken - just that it is broken. I realize that some players like the direction the game has taken, of course, but I think that even they would agree that TS4 has a different play-style than previous games. I've seen so many comments on how players used to play previous iterations of The Sims for hours at a time, but can only play TS4 for an hour before getting bored and logging off - and these are people who LIKE the game!

My point is that sales of TS4 don't accurately represent how the game was actually received - a lot of people decided to give it a try despite having misgivings about everything that was left out. I believe that many players will do the same thing with the first EP - which will give the Powers That Be at EA the impression that they are on the right track.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think that EA is on the right track.

I don't think that there will be as many EPs for TS4 as there was for TS3. It appears that a significant portion of the base hasn't moved on from TS3 to TS4 - and that some of those who have moved on have now moved back. They may buy the first EP, but if TS4 remains as game-directed and shallow as it started, those players won't buy the second or third EP. So TS4 has to pick up a whole bunch of new players in order to succeed - and I don't think it can. I think that everyone who is likely to play The Sims pretty much already does. There will be some growth among players who were too young to play previous versions, of course.

I tend to agree with you.
    I am definitely going to wait for the first EP before playing again, I don't feel like playing the game now at all.
    And it will very much depend on what that EP will contain if I even will.

(I didn't participate in the S2/S3 changeover so I don't knwo what it was like in those days)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

I have returned and landed in Riverview.
    The shiny wore off after I saw the babies age up to children and teens.
    Being scripted to play a detailed specific way to achieve aspiration, career, and school rewards did not help either.

I have so many underplayed worlds in TS3. I only dabbled with them as the came out. I have only played Sunset Valley and Bridgeport in detail.

I've read and seen enough TS4 info to not even want it. Just ONE of many "turn offs" for me is the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hair. Yes, I did try the CAS demo and wasn't that impressed with it. I'll shut up about it now. ;)

After finally learning basic work-arounds to avoid crashing(s) and the "error code 12" dilemma, I'm so VERY happy with my beloved TS3 game. It's AWESOME! There are still SO many things to discover and learn with mega options to chose from. I NEVER get bored...frustrated at times but never BORED. B)

BTW: I LOVE Riverview! It's GORGEOUS...especially in the winter. <3
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome back!

I'm noticing that too. My intuition tells me that many of the TS4 lovers/TS3 haters may not have learned the basic work-arounds (preventive measures) to avoid crashing(s) and the "error code 12" dilemma, etc for TS3. Just a guess. o:)
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    Nah..don't worry about bashing the hair. It is pretty bad. Especially the males and the eyelashes...*cringes* The black line is supposed to be eyelashes. But i digress...

TS4 has too many game breaking bugs atm. Like aspirations not being able to be fulfilled and stuffs like that.
    I am seriously one of the most optimistic people on the planet and I can admit this game has a long way to go.
  • Options
    Nah..don't worry about bashing the hair. It is pretty bad. Especially the males and the eyelashes...*cringes* The black line is supposed to be eyelashes. But i digress...

TS4 has too many game breaking bugs atm. Like aspirations not being able to be fulfilled and stuffs like that.
    I am seriously one of the most optimistic people on the planet and I can admit this game has a long way to go.

Lol the hair is like a plantsim's hair.
    oh3cjs.jpg