Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death by Fire?

Hello! I am trying to kill a Sim with fire so I can play with the new ghost feature but I am having trouble starting a fire. My Sim has a level 3 cooking skill and I have tried leaving food inside the oven and on top of the stove hoping it will catch fire. Sadly, it did not work and it seemed that the appliance turned off after canceling the action. I am now attempting to use the fireplace with several rugs around it and underneath of it but still no fire. My next attempt will be to start and put out fires repeatedly. Any advice? Perhaps there is a quicker way to kill my Sim?
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    My Diana Fyre reached a cooking skill of 9 before she died in a fire... WHICH I had to create using a fireplace in a tiny 4 walled room with NO door so nobody would put it out.

I won't even bring up how long it took me to kill Drew Current by electricity
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited October 2014
    Death in this game is really excruciating to just occur.. Trust me, i've had those moments were i have that right moment to hopefully allow death to happen and well it never happened.. The ammount of reloads it took to have just 1 sim die from a fire is unbearable... :\
  • Options
    vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    Hmm I guess I will have to keep trying :) Thanks for the reply's!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    have you tried.. grill in a room.. filled with carpets and no exits.. and other flammable thingymajiigggyys
  • Options
    xxVaynVastxxxxVaynVastxx Posts: 157 Member
    edited October 2014
    Try using a crappy stove and cook oooorrrr you can do it the most tortuous way and watch your sim starve the death in a square pure white room with no doors...((you monster
  • Options
    > @Dariu said:
    > have you tried.. grill in a room.. filled with carpets and no exits.. and other flammable thingymajiigggyys
    Ohhh good idea! :D
    > @xxVaynVastxx said:
    > Try using a crappy stove and cook oooorrrr you can do it the most tortuous way and watch your sim starve the death in a square pure white room with no doors...((you monster
    Lol if I lose my patience it might come down to that :stuck_out_tongue:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BlueIsis433BlueIsis433 Posts: 26 Member
    So far I have not been able to kill any sims with fire, put them in a small room with a fireplace and rug and a chair but they die after about 5 sim days from hunger. Starting to think they are made of some flame 🐸🐸🐸🐸 material lol. Going to try the cowplant now.
  • Options
    IY20052IY20052 Posts: 324 Member
    Death comes too easy for my legacy family. One died of exhaustion woohooing he adult husband while she had just added into elder that day. One of their songs died of anger, though he was a hit headed mean teenager who croakeded after arguing with his twin sister. Then the sisters boyfriend died of embarrassment for a rejected proposal and peering himself. I'm worried about the youngest obsessing with the cowplant
  • Options
    Similly7Similly7 Posts: 188 Member
    its nearly impossible to get them killed by fire..
    Iv tried everything youre trying now, and maybe youll get lucky and get a fire going, but most likely youll just have to wait for a long (long) time, till they just die of starvation.
  • Options
    Similly7Similly7 Posts: 188 Member
    So far I have not been able to kill any sims with fire, put them in a small room with a fireplace and rug and a chair but they die after about 5 sim days from hunger. Starting to think they are made of some flame 🐸🐸🐸🐸 material lol. Going to try the cowplant now.

you'll find that cowplants die much easier than sims, it will probbablydie before it gets a chance to kill anyone.. lol
  • Options
    EdwinLiEdwinLi Posts: 37 New Member
    have you tired to make a spaceship, go to space, and choose the wrong option that will get your Sim killed?

though I'm not certain a death by space mission failure will make them into a ghost.
  • Options
    IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    edited October 2014
    Probably the easiest way to kill by fire is to download a ghost that died from fire from the gallery. Then make it mad and start fires with it. Then walk your Sim into the fire. Once done you can delete the gallery ghost.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Remember when live plants were very flammable?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    *scratches head*

You would think with how fast items break in TS4, catching fire would be a breeze.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I tried for two days to kill a sim by fire, but nothing worked. In Sims 3, death by fire was my preferred way to kill sims. I actually built special rooms away from the main home and placed a fireplace, bed, couches, and some end tables decorated with flowers in there. Once the fire started, the sim went pretty quickly and it worked every time. But now since they made death so much harder...the fire method no longer works for me. :( I ended up starving one sim, and the other died from embarrassment.
  • Options
    > @Devynsims00 said:
    > *scratches head*
    >
    > You would think with how fast items break in TS4, catching fire would be a breeze.
    I know right? My Sims spend so much money replacing broken items!
    > @Evenstar606 said:
    > I tried for two days to kill a sim by fire, but nothing worked. In Sims 3, death by fire was my preferred way to kill sims. I actually built special rooms away from the main home and placed a fireplace, bed, couches, and some end tables decorated with flowers in there. Once the fire started, the sim went pretty quickly and it worked every time. But now since they made death so much harder...the fire method no longer works for me. :( I ended up starving one sim, and the other died from embarrassment.
    I used fire a lot in the Sims 3 too but it seems impossible in the Sims 4. Maybe its one of those things that happens when you don't want it to but never does when you want it to haha :stuck_out_tongue: I've tried just about everything and I'm starting to think that starvation is the easiest death.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MrsMarineMrsMarine Posts: 3 New Member
    I DID IT!!! I successfully managed to kill 8 Sims in different ways! Even by starting a fire!! I wrote a post on my blog with full details of each method and a screenshot to help! www.mrs-marine.com/2015/05/sims-4-creating-ghosts-death-by-fire.html
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Is death by fire in impossible now? There's this annoying sprinkler appearing out of nowhere whenever there's fire 😡

I can't start a new thread so I posted in an existing one
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    If you have city living, the 'cursed' lot trait helps with causing fires and electrocutions.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    I had the same problem ages ago. If I remember correctly, I had to go as far as having a spellcaster Sim use Inferniate on the floor, turn off Free Will and have the other Sim walk into it. : p
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    [quote="Childrenofhurin;c-17919353"]If you have city living, the 'cursed' lot trait helps with causing fires and electrocutions.[/quote]
    [quote="SnowBnuuy;c-17919354"]I had the same problem ages ago. If I remember correctly, I had to go as far as having a spellcaster Sim use Inferniate on the floor, turn off Free Will and have the other Sim walk into it. : p [/quote]
    But the fire will just be extinguished by the sprinkler that magically appears
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2021
    Is death by fire in impossible now? There's this annoying sprinkler appearing out of nowhere whenever there's fire 😡

If you have a sprinkles magically appearing, that means you have a sprinkler box somewhere on your lot.
    It looks like this (I'll put the link to The Sims Wiki in case the image won't load).
    latest?cb=20180421163146

Thus you have two options now.
      1. Find the box and sell it. If you can't find it, start a fire indoors and the alarm on it will activate. Listen to the alarm, put the walls up and find it. Though Alto Apartments has one box in the lobby, so you can't delete it (an apartment building in Uptown where Diego Lobo lives). In that case, visit someone without it and start a fire there.
      2. Start a fire outdoors as sprinkles need a ceiling to deploy. If your sims don't have a garden, visit someone who does and start a fire there.

Choose an option and go with that.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2021
    EgonVM wrote: »

If you have a sprinkles magically appearing, that means you have a sprinkler box somewhere on your lot.
    It looks like this (I'll put the link to The Sims Wiki in case the image won't load).
    latest?cb=20180421163146

1. Find the box and sell it. If you can't find it, start a fire indoors and the alarm on it will activate. Listen to the alarm, put the walls up and find it. Though Alto Apartments has one box in the lobby, so you can't delete it (an apartment building in Uptown where Diego Lobo lives). In that case, visit someone without it and start a fire there.
      2. Start a fire outdoors as sprinkles need a ceiling to deploy. If your sims don't have a garden, visit someone who does and start a fire there.

I was having the same problem so thanks for this post! I didn't know about that sprinkler box!

I thought this Sim was about to die, and then suddenly a sprinkler appeared in the ceiling! I was so frustrated!

06-26-21-2-01-52-PM.png

Your Option 2 would be quite challenging if there are too many Sims there because they will automatically extinguish the fire. I had my spellcaster Sim freeze these meddlers with Chillio and got overcharged in the process.
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    Starting fires huh... incense holders are bound to start fires sooner or later! Also... the dryers always catch on fire, cheap fireplaces also start fires and well.. casters set people on fire on demand too.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

latest?cb=20180421163146

I was having the same problem so thanks for this post! I didn't know about that sprinkler box!

I thought this Sim was about to die, and then suddenly a sprinkler appeared in the ceiling! I was so frustrated!

06-26-21-2-01-52-PM.png

Your Option 2 would be quite challenging if there are too many Sims there because they will automatically extinguish the fire. I had my spellcaster Sim freeze these meddlers with Chillio and got overcharged in the process.

Indeed, the option 2 is challenging. Fortunately, you can make it easier with fences.