Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My house is a mess.Thank you EA

Comments

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited October 2014
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Nothing creepy about reading 3 pages of this thread.....

We're still on page 2..

:\
    Opps lol. That's even worse! @ThatGuyTho
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    joneswk wrote: »
    Ahh, literacy, the slowly butchered victim of the Internet.

That's why sleep deprivation is bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

coffee1.gif?w=245&h=184

Apply more coffee on it! ;)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I have more than 10 families and neither needed a maid!
    I need to try the service after sometime.

Buy the most expensive trash can and drag all the trash yourself. Good source of money over the long run
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    I dont get people
    Spend $60 and spend hundreds of hours on a game they apparently hate and say it's not worth the money
    yet
    Spends $60 on a game for only 5-10 hours of content and praises the game and say it was worth every penny
    then you have
    Free to play refusing to spend even $15 on a game saying it's too expensive yet spends hundreds in in game content.... <- these are probably the biggest idiots of all time.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member

Wut? U mad bro, Y R U so srss?

lol
    Banners.jpg
  • Options

lol
    I think you are the one too serious to respond like that. Don't try so hard to provoke people lol.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

lol
    I think you are the one too serious to respond like that. Don't try so hard to provoke people lol.

It was tongue in cheek, a Bad joke. Any joke you have to explain was, in fact, a bad joke.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    I dont get people
    Spend $60 and spend hundreds of hours on a game they apparently hate and say it's not worth the money
    yet
    Spends $60 on a game for only 5-10 hours of content and praises the game and say it was worth every penny
    then you have
    Free to play refusing to spend even $15 on a game saying it's too expensive yet spends hundreds in in game content.... <- these are probably the biggest idiots of all time.

I play an mmo where there are lots of f2p/preferred. Some of them drop loads of money on the game. The way I see it, they're probably contributing more to the running and continual development of the game than my measly sub money is. So it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I'm only on like 78 hours :')
  • Options
    JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    dreita95 wrote: »
    I mean since you took the time to create the thread at almost 3 A.M. you might as well list the other issues you're having with the game.

One of my Sims 4 characters suddenly turned into a three-headed midget. Is that a glitch?

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Well the title My House is a Mess, thank you EA. I can't much say that the sims house is a mess, but all the hours I have been playing, my own house is in need. I am having so much fun with them, I have let things slide, Need to get away and do some maid work myself. finally started getting things back to normal. then play. Sims 4 seems so addictive. Well glad I am retired. :D
    Having fun with the sims.
  • Options
    JSitala_28 wrote: »
    dreita95 wrote: »
    I mean since you took the time to create the thread at almost 3 A.M. you might as well list the other issues you're having with the game.

One of my Sims 4 characters suddenly turned into a three-headed midget. Is that a glitch?
    Snape_obviously.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    We went from a lazy maid in TS3 to almost no maid in TS4.What is up with having our Sims fix stuff ?.
    I have been at this game for about 230 hours and I'm still trying figure out how this is a leap forward for the Sims.

I am hoping a modder will create an actual maid and gardener for this game. It is very possible to do that. I no longer add any flowers, or veggies to my Sims lawns because I would only be weeding them if I go around clipping flowers to plant. This game seriously needs gardeners for hire who will come and work without fail just like in the TS2. Some of us don't want to garden we want to play the game our way and can't even have flowers anymore, (I'm glad they need weeded etc.) since there is no gardener to hire. And the only way I can get a maid to actually work in this game is to hire them one time. But my objects have already broken and made messes for me to clean up by the time I can hire another one. I don't mind the challenge of all that, however, not to the point my Sim can't do anything else. So, modders I'm begging you create NPCs for this game, pleeeeease....!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    230 hours.. huh? You should play for 500 more hours, you will figure out then. Promise you.
  • Options
    I don't care about maids or gardeners, and am also having fun getting my sims to fix things building up their trait. It is not fun to me, to have a garden and have someone come in and do all the gardening, it is better that they build up that trait. It is fun to let everyone pitch in and clean. Why my little sim child, is always on her own taking out the trash. It is fun to watch. Let everyone in the house do something and all is well. As far as gardens, my first generation worked on it, but the generation I have now, did not. So they now only have a banana tree.
    For those who want a maid, gardener and Mr. fix it. then I hope they improve the maid and put in the rest.
    The Sims 4 is still quite new, funny how everyone want all things from the past put in right away. I see some very wonderful interesting things that might be in store for Sims 4. I love how instead of adding the same old, same old they have changed it up some, like the ghost. Remember the saying patience grasshopper.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I have to agree. this whole maid system sucks! I go days and days with no maid ever showing up! !
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I don't care about maids or gardeners, and am also having fun getting my sims to fix things building up their trait. It is not fun to me, to have a garden and have someone come in and do all the gardening, it is better that they build up that trait. It is fun to let everyone pitch in and clean. Why my little sim child, is always on her own taking out the trash. It is fun to watch. Let everyone in the house do something and all is well. As far as gardens, my first generation worked on it, but the generation I have now, did not. So they now only have a banana tree.
    For those who want a maid, gardener and Mr. fix it. then I hope they improve the maid and put in the rest.
    The Sims 4 is still quite new, funny how everyone want all things from the past put in right away. I see some very wonderful interesting things that might be in store for Sims 4. I love how instead of adding the same old, same old they have changed it up some, like the ghost. Remember the saying patience grasshopper.

The Sims were about choices. Sometimes I played Sims as farmers who did garden, other Sims don't have time for that but want flowers and veggies, thus a gardener for hire. This game doesn't give people choices of how they want to play particular Sims. If you want veggies you, the player has to do it. In past games TS1 and TS2 the games were about choices. Play your way. EA is determining with all this goal oriented 'stuff' in the game that we all play their way. No, I refuse. I play to the beat of my own drum. In all the games, and EA is failing to provide the players those tools. One of the famous Will Wright quotes says something about creating the gameplay/tools to give to the players then let go..let them do with it what they will....play their way.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »

The Sims were about choices. Sometimes I played Sims as farmers who did garden, other Sims don't have time for that but want flowers and veggies, thus a gardener for hire. This game doesn't give people choices of how they want to play particular Sims. If you want veggies you, the player has to do it. In past games TS1 and TS2 the games were about choices. Play your way. EA is determining with all this goal oriented 'stuff' in the game that we all play their way. No, I refuse. I play to the beat of my own drum. In all the games, and EA is failing to provide the players those tools. One of the famous Will Wright quotes says something about creating the gameplay/tools to give to the players then let go..let them do with it what they will....play their way.

As of now I have my Sims do it. It does not mean that we will never get gardeners, I don't think or remember if we had all these things right away or not. Even if we did, it does not mean that we will never get them. Sims has always added things over time. I am not comparing it to any sims series or what I had in those series. I can wait and see what is added.
    by the way if you just want flowers in your yard you do not need a gardener. If you want to build your sims skills then they have to do it. It is more of a challenge to me to have my sims fix things, or clean.
    Just some input, I have just moved recently to the mountains, from a city. Was born and lived my life in DC. At first I started comparing things, like no public transportation, no stores near by, no fast food places like I had. even comparing my new church to my old church and found that it made me very disappointed and unhappy. It was not until I stopped comparing my new environment with my old that I found that I loved my new place so much, even without all the things I thought I was missing.
    I know it is a game and you brought it, but to keep comparing it is not a good thing. No matter what you compare something to you will never see the like the new.

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I just have to love the snarkiness of this thread. So typical of you TS4 defenders. Someone comes in and makes a negative post or posts a complaint, and right away you're all over him/her.

"You've been playing 230 hours and you have the NERVE to complain about this game? What is WRONG with you? Why you play a game you hate so much!?"

OR:

"What ELSE is wrong with your game? Give us a list so that we can then tear that list to shreds (and by extension, you for being so ignorant as not to love this game).

Don't get me wrong. I play the game. I enjoy the game, in spurts. But that doesn't mean that I'm not aware of the game's shortcomings, nor am I going to get offended if someone makes a complaint against the game. But, it's obvious that no one can "win" against you TS4 defenders.

If you play the game for a few hours and decide you don't like it: "You need to play longer. You haven't even scratched the surface of all that this wonderful uh-mazing game has to offer!"

BUT...if you play the game for 230 hours as this person has done and make ONE single complaint:

"Why you keep playing if you hate the game so much? It doesn't make sense! You're illogical to keep playing this game because you're not praising it to the high heavens!" "Be patient, we'll get stuff as soon as EA gets around to making it so that we can cheerfully pony up the simoleans to buy it!"

Yeah...seriously. SOME people need to just quit being so defensive about The Sims 4.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    My life is a mess, thank you EA.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I would fire the maid and get a new one. You can also spawn a handyman and a maid.

Spawn handyman

Use testingcheats true, then

soak.enable_soak_handyman_situation

soak.create_soak_handyman_situation

Spawn maid

Use testingcheats true, then

soak.enable_soak_maid_situation

soak.create_soak_maid_situation

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I'll sleep when I'm dead is a truer statement than you realize, or a stupid one, I'm not sure which. Studies have shown that those who are perpetually sleep deprived have shorter lives than those who get enough sleep.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I like to fix things with my sims anyway(even had them take care of fires and buglars in 3) but I'd prefer to have the option of hiring help. Not all sims need to be DIYs.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    I dont get people
    yet
    then you have

People have different expectations from Sims games than they do other games when it comes to replay value. The majority of this franchise's appeal is that it has had never ending replay value ever since TS1. So now are we going pretend otherwise and hold TS4 to the same standards as a linear play through game on rails instead? You might consider what you're saying before you call someone else an idiot.

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Thank you to those who gave helpful feedback and to those EA cheerleaders well go plum off.So the cheerleaders think this version is a leap forward and yet we must teleport to go next door.
    EA gives you ghost and all is good but the maid is still broke and no dishwasher but you have dead Sims floating around.