Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your Garden Look? (Pics Please)

Comments

• Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Amazing gardens! I love gardening! Here is my current one.. I've kept it small because the current household is expecting a baby.

bQXlHbu.jpg
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    @ebuchala I've seen your beautiful garden in another thread, part of my reason for wanting to mix things together. It is great! In fact, I can't say enough good this about it and well your avatar makes me want to saw a lot of good things. lol

@ericaduh I hope you take this the right way. Your garden makes me sick. Sick that I didn't do it first. lol Oh My! I'm speechless.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    @ebuchala I've seen your beautiful garden in another thread, part of my reason for wanting to mix things together. It is great! In fact, I can't say enough good this about it and well your avatar makes me want to saw a lot of good things. lol

@ericaduh I hope you take this the right way. Your garden makes me sick. Sick that I didn't do it first. lol Oh My! I'm speechless.

Aw, thanks! Glad you like it. I really had fun putting it together so I see now that I missed some things--for instance, those fabulous stone/grass pathways. Definitely should have used them. But I did have fun making it. And the sim in my avatar. XD

Oh, also, @ericaduh, your garden is gorgeous! Love how you did the hedge fencing on a foundation with the corner decks.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    EsotericRogueEsotericRogue Posts: 153 Member
    Lucy is a level 7 Gardener.

The primary garden consists of a Magnificent Bluebell-Apple Plant and a Superb Mushroom Plant.

uIGOz.jpg

There is a small Superb Apple orchard on the other side of the porch.

YFu92.jpg

tumblr_m63nqrB4u71qbkq4po1_r1_250.gif

Streaming at http://www.hitbox.tv/eRogue (Twitch sucks now.)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    They really do need to bring sprinklers back. I also miss the being able to compost. Gardening takes a lot more time than it used to, which is fine if your sim is going to sell some of their haul for money. Its quite profitable. I think my next sim will garden exclusively and have the traits like loner and loves outdoors to help with need decay. Right now my chef sim is learning cooking and gardens, and its hard to keep up with.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    This is my little garden. I planted 3 more plants after this picture so it's still growing.

w87tk0.jpg
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    @misslarae - Wow, that's a lot of cowplants lol!
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    This thread is so inspiring, thank you all for the pictures. Makes me want to set up my proper garden, never been much into it before :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @ericaduh That's a nice set up. :) Looks great!

Kind of on topic... Has anyone tried the new gardening mod @ MTS? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536590
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    I've loved seeing all the gardens, very inspiring!

Here is my little garden. I used two dead Cowplants as decorative scarecrows.

thesims4-048.png

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I don't have pictures of my garden yet because I haven't decided how I want to design it. At first I thought the boxes would be the best way to go, since my sims are living in Oasis Springs and it just seems like the boxes would be more practical. I don't like how watering the plants creates permanent puddles on the ground though. I can't mop them up and they are always there :'( Not sure what to do about it, and that was with using boxes. Maybe if I just plant the plants in the ground directly, they can soak up the puddles??

Anyways, I usually build modern and contemporary style houses, but I prefer a very natural looking garden. I just haven't been able to make up my mind yet.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    Well mine is all with boxes, the square ones, and its not exactly what I call unique, like some I have seen here. No pictures, because no matter where I upload them, they just will not show up here, in the post remarks, or on my page. So no idea what I am doing wrong. but my garden is about 10 boxes. had a cowplant once, it died in 2 days and feed it everytime it stuck its tongue out so not sure what I did wrong, it even ate one of my sims, but spit him out. lol.
  • Options
    @sirona66 I use photobucket for my pics. Upload them as the png and when you click on the pic to the right will be some addresses for it. Double click on the IMP address at the bottom. When you paste it in your message delete the end up to the [IMP] then go to the one further up and delete everything in front of it. I'm sure someone knows a better way, but that works. Just leave the text in-between [IMP]s intact.

I'm enjoying everyone's gardens and sharing it is really great. I'm thinking of a Spooky Halloween with Dead Cow Plants, with some lights to really show them up. In orange maybe. ahahhahahahhhah!
  • Options
    WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    @sirona66 I use photobucket for my pics. Upload them as the png and when you click on the pic to the right will be some addresses for it. Double click on the IMP address at the bottom. When you paste it in your message delete the end up to the [IMP] then go to the one further up and delete everything in front of it. I'm sure someone knows a better way, but that works. Just leave the text in-between [IMP]s intact.

I'm enjoying everyone's gardens and sharing it is really great. I'm thinking of a Spooky Halloween with Dead Cow Plants, with some lights to really show them up. In orange maybe. ahahhahahahhhah!

IMG is the tag. ;)

You can drop the files directly from photobucket with the IMG tags in place or use that little button up there for this forum that when you hover your mouse over says attach image, and put the direct HTML link in that pop up box and it will add the IMG tags for you.

I like the idea of a Halloween themed garden...hmmm...oh a community lot with a scary maze would be awesome!
    Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
    Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
  • Options
    @Willow yes I love maze gardens. That would be awesome. Perhaps there would be a hungry cowplant hidden with the dead ones. ha. I will be missing those fall leaves in the game. But we can all have a spooky Happy Halloween any way. Maybe they are in Florida. ha.
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    I created a little roof garden:

09-03-14_11-43c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    @lady8jane what a refreshing little spot you created for your Sims. Very nice.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Country cottage themed garden
    10-03-14_2-47nbspAM_zps5ff07bfe.png
    10-03-14_2-48nbspAM_zps79a7deb8.png

that is beautiful!
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited October 2014
    To Willow
    Willow wrote: »
    This is my most complete garden as my main sim in this house wanted to be a gardener. I have several areas where she grows her plants and took some pics to share:

Sims4-Garden6.png~original

How did you get those plants in pots? Is there an option to move them in pots after harvesting?

P.s. Love your garden!
  • Options
    To Willow
    Willow wrote: »
    This is my most complete garden as my main sim in this house wanted to be a gardener. I have several areas where she grows her plants and took some pics to share:

Sims4-Garden6.png~original

How did you get those plants in pots? Is there an option to move them in pots after harvesting?

P.s. Love your garden!

The cart is just a decoration object in the game, can't really garden with it. The one next to it is just an indoor plant, and the furthest one is a grafted garden plant. You can plant directly into that container or start it out in the yard and move in there later. ;)

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    It's an all harvestable garden so far, nothing pretty.
    10-03-14_2-44nbspPM-2.png
    My first surviving cowplant, though. Thanks to @willow.
    10-03-14_2-45nbspPM.png

And this one, from my first build.
    09-26-14_6-09nbspPM.png
    09-26-14_6-09nbspPM-2.png
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    thanks Willow and Sparkysims2 for that information. I hope that it will work. Will post a pic if this works in a few hours, I have something else coming up soon. So won't be able to do that but will asap. Thanks again both of you.
  • Options
    lady8jane wrote: »
    I created a little roof garden:

09-03-14_11-43c2a0pm.png

Love! <3
    qrlcode wrote: »
    It's an all harvestable garden so far, nothing pretty.
    My first surviving cowplant, though. Thanks to @willow.
    10-03-14_2-45nbspPM.png

And this one, from my first build.

Yay the cow plant is alive, wooot!!! And I love the garden from your first build. :D
    sirona66 wrote: »
    thanks Willow and Sparkysims2 for that information. I hope that it will work. Will post a pic if this works in a few hours, I have something else coming up soon. So won't be able to do that but will asap. Thanks again both of you.

YW ;), Hopefully we will see some of your pics soon!

• Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Great gardens. My garden is small.

15244238327_06753af847_b.jpg
    Go family garden.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Awesome pics.Now it's time to mop the lawn.