Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you go back to to Sims 3?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    I really loved Sims 3. Just a few days before the Sims 4 release I was so sure I'd keep playing, I still spent quite some money in the Sims 3 store. Since installing Sims 4, I haven't played Sims 3 a single time anymore. I just can't. :(
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    I don't see myself going back to 3 anymore, i've uninstalled it from my Computer. The Sims 4 and The Sims 2 is more my gameplay style than what 3 would ever be. Though thats not to say everything in The Sims 3 was by all means abysmal, as i do find myself enjoying quite a dew expansions, but the state The Sims 3 is in well lets just say, when i play games "Patience" is not a virtue i take in well.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I've been back to TS3 a couple of times. I always go back to TS4. Reason being is despite the no open world or customization in TS4, I've gotten frustrated with TS3 especially in CAS where I want to adjust the nose or mouth of my sim and I find myself trying then giving up and going to the kitchen to get a cookie instead.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    I can't go back to sims 3. Not that its a choice for me. The sims 4 I don't have lag issues. I'm not sitting there waiting while the game lets me play for 10 seconds only to freeze for 10 seconds then let me play for another 10. Its not worth it. Sims 4 is actually fun cause they fixed that lag garbage.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I couldn't go back to Sims 3 as early as the CAS demo. I tried. It felt like work, so I uninstalled it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    I tried but after the sims 4 i was like.....[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/forever-no.gif[/img]
    200.gif
  • Options
    xxVaynVastxxxxVaynVastxx Posts: 157 Member
    I've uninstalled my sims 3 X( and I lost my base game cd, so I can't even play it if wanted too for old times sake.
  • Options
    deme07deme07 Posts: 476 Member
    I don't think I can. Sims 4 is more fun to play and more challenging. Sims 3 was so easy which made it made boring really fast and the sims themselves were boring. I might go back just so I can celebrate the holidays with my sims, but I'm hoping EA gives us some holiday related things to do in Sims 4.
    Origin ID: deme11
    fk5gcj.jpg

• Options
    SimsProductionsSimsProductions Posts: 432 Member
    Once you play this world, you never go back to the tiny Sims 4 'world'.
    http://www.sims3createaworld.com/alpine-county-complete/

Jk I still play the Sims 4 but I tend to get a bit claustrophobic at times.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I don't feel any desire to go back to TS3. I love being able to play more than one family per save game easily. I'm a little bit of a control freak that way.
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    I don't have TS4 yet so yeah...I'm still playing TS3. Even when I get TS4 I'll still play TS3 because of the pets. After a pets comes for TS4 it's bye bye TS3 then. My heart just got broken by a stray in TS3, it just randomly walked in my sims house and went outside on the backyard porch in the dog house to sleep. It broke my heart because the dog is old and it's cold outside from Fall but it was not rude to just sleep in the house. It wanted some warmth... I want it to warm up by the fireplace now and sleep and eat til it decides to go.

#FirstWorldProblemsForAnimalLovers
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Dadan10001 wrote: »
    So with the new game being out a few weeks now and all have you reverted back to Sims 3 or do you find yourself struggling to do so? I'm not hear to argue about which is better because there's ten billion other topics on that matter in case you somehow missed it. I myself have been tempted to go back to sims 3 as iv had a lot of new ideas for families and scenarios that could realistically only play out well in that game what with all the expansions and everything. Unfortunately I find the CAS in the Sims 3 terrible with it being bogged down with so many expansions it takes forever for me to actually make a sim as I'm all about perfecting them as much as possible. Whereas in the Sims 4 I can make the sim I want in roughly 30 maybe 40 minutes. This time will drastically change as more clothing, accessories and all that are added but the point here is that this is the one thing stopping me from going back to Sims 3 as I much prefer the smoother and faster experience it provides in the Sims 4.

I play both Sims 3 and Sims 4.

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I finally ordered the game last night when I saw what they are planning to add to it in patches. I imagine that I will go back and forth between the two games for quite a while. I don't feel "done" with TS3 yet. There are still things I haven't done and ways I haven't played. I might be ready to view TS4 objectively. We'll see. I still shudder at the thought of all those loading screens, no toddlers and babies as furniture but maybe the rest will Wow! me.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Yep. Never left it. I play it more often than 4.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I really thought I would play both games but I haven't gone back to Sims 3. I don't know if I can.

It is just to laggy and I get tired of trying to fix the small little freezes that seem to happen no matter what mod I have or don't have...researching how to fix the stupid game. Just tired of it. After a long day at work, I want to pop in a game and play, not sit and dissect each folder trying to figure out what the hell I need to delete this time to make it work. Okay sorry, didn't know I had all that bottled up. Nope, don't think I will be going back.
  • Options
    OnyxemeryOnyxemery Posts: 107 Member
    I played Sims 4 a few days, got bored, then played Sims 3 and had a blast. So yeah, I've just kept playing Sims 3. There's just something more fun about having all the expansions and tons of store content over just a base game.

Sims 4 is okay, but it's probably just going to sit until I get more stuff for it, IF I even choose to go ahead and expand with it.
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    jadealix wrote: »
    abe70280 wrote: »
    jadealix wrote: »
    I hated The Sims 3! Sooo no, hate is a strong but it was my least favorite out of the four games. The open world was ew, hope it never comes back. I loved The Sims 2, I every once in awhile check on it. I have all The Sims pc games installed, except 3. Since The Sims 4, I check on them every blue moon in for nostalgia reasons :)

open world was "ew" to everyone with a PC found in a dumpster, I agree.

What the heck is your problem lol? My gaming pc is perfectly fine. I can dislike open world all I want pickle!

you dont have a gaming PC

• Options
    quentin612quentin612 Posts: 104 Member
    I still play sims2 and ts3. Not planning on buying sims4 until more expansions come out.
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Once you play this world, you never go back to the tiny Sims 4 'world'.
    http://www.sims3createaworld.com/alpine-county-complete/

Jk I still play the Sims 4 but I tend to get a bit claustrophobic at times.

Oh, that's lovely. My go-to world in Sims 3 is this. I don't even mind the travel times because the world is so stunning to look at no matter the season.
  • Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    I haven't played ts3 since buying ts4 5 days ago, but I don't have any plans of uninstalling it either.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i have no plan on reloading the sims3 i am sims4 all the way now
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    I am back to playing Sims 3 as my main game. It is so much easier to play a whole household in that game.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I find yourself struggling to go back to Sims 3. Latest time I played Sims 3, I deleted a family who I played for a long time. It was a few weeks ago, and the family was deleted due to a glitch which made graduating from university impossible.
    When having to start over with a family, I might as well play Sims 4 as Sims 3.
  • Options
    dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    I play TS3 daily. I have played 4 very little. I am in the middle of completing an Apocalypse Tournament, so I don't feel the need to make the change.