Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you go back to to Sims 3?

Dadan10001Dadan10001 Posts: 76 Member
So with the new game being out a few weeks now and all have you reverted back to Sims 3 or do you find yourself struggling to do so? I'm not hear to argue about which is better because there's ten billion other topics on that matter in case you somehow missed it. I myself have been tempted to go back to sims 3 as iv had a lot of new ideas for families and scenarios that could realistically only play out well in that game what with all the expansions and everything. Unfortunately I find the CAS in the Sims 3 terrible with it being bogged down with so many expansions it takes forever for me to actually make a sim as I'm all about perfecting them as much as possible. Whereas in the Sims 4 I can make the sim I want in roughly 30 maybe 40 minutes. This time will drastically change as more clothing, accessories and all that are added but the point here is that this is the one thing stopping me from going back to Sims 3 as I much prefer the smoother and faster experience it provides in the Sims 4.
2qimq08.gif
Post edited by Dadan10001 on

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I never left Sims 3, not yet ;)
    I'm going to pick up Sims 4 when more is added to the game.
    I thought it was goodbye to my current S3-family, but as it turns out that was a bit too soon.
    I must add that it's also the graphics and the sims that are putting me off, I'm just not into the cartoony style I guess.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    No I don't think I could simply because I am much more suited to TS4 and TS2 style of easy rotational play!

If anything I find myself more drawn to wanting to play TS2 if I ever get bored of TS4 and want more 'stuff' (toddlers, EPs etc!).
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Never left, I put 4 on the shelf.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I wouldn't go back to that bug infested game if you paid me. There is so much wrong with that game I will be happy when I never have to hear of it again. Sims 4 runs great and I have not had an issue with it since launch. Sims 3 on the other hand is so buggy I can not even use it.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I'm still playing TS3. At this point I prefer it to 4. There are some things that I like better about 4, though. I agree that TS4's CAS is great and there are plenty of other things that I like about it. But the actual gameplay is what makes me stick to 3.

I suppose it's only natural that when a series gets so many games and so much content under its belt that people will find their favorites. The latest game in the series may not always be one's favorite.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    MergadMergad Posts: 81 Member
    I ditched The sims 3 for good after I installed my old TS2 and the decision was made even firmer after TS2 Ultimate was released. I really enjoy The sims 4, so.. No. I'm deffinetly not going to go back to that..thing.. that is unfortunately a part of The Sims series.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited October 2014
    The answer to that question is No, the only thing I missing about TS3 is 2 things.. Open World and my Grumpy trait ..Right now, I can live without both for the time being .anyways game lags way to much for my taste
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have 2 , 3 and 4 installed on my computer but im going to uninstall TS2 , I only recently installed it and just plain out dont like it , not after playing 3 ... 2 feels too much like 4 does , it basically tells you what to do which im not keen on , whereas 3 is truly a sandbox game and appeals to me much more
    So I am trying to play 4 , and kinda enjoying it though its a grind at times ... but 3 is my favourite and the one I play every day

Edit ... I have a smooth running , non laggy game in 3 , always tons of sims around when my sims go out and is a pleasure to play ... 4 on the other hand is a bug/glitch fest with ever lengthening loading screens and is driving me nuts
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I play 3 far more than 4.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I would love to finish my legacy if my game would actually WORK! :( So no I haven't gone back to 3 and I may try one day but right now I'm fine with 4.
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I stopped playing Sims 3 after Supernatural, I was tired with it's lagginess and the game in general. So no, I won't go back.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I have not gone back to TS3 yet. In fact I haven't played since May or June. I do still have it installed on my computer because i might go back to it at some point but right now I am having a lot of fun with TS4 :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    j0nathanhj0nathanh Posts: 115 Member
    I stopped playing the Sims 3 when I got Sims 4, but I'll keep it installed on my laptop, just in case I ever want a change, as I will with Sims 2. Can't see myself playing them anytime soon though, I'm loving Sims 4!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, with much ease. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes, with much ease. ;)

Sorry,
    David Tennant FTW ! Love Doctor Who
    had to say that.. again sorry everyone
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    I'm giving Sims 4 a chance but right now Sims 3 is still my favorite. I hate all the loading screens on four, missing of course the wonderful open world of Sims 3, plus I miss the jobs. The jobs on four are so dumb, plus I don't think the Sims are smarter. They are kinda goofy.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS3 is my primary sims game. Haven't bought TS4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I never left so there's no need to "go back." :)
    I play 3 far more than 4.

What she said.

I've been unleashing Pris (Bladerunner) on Oasis Landing (ITF). Dystopia here we come!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    edited October 2014
    I tried to play but the loading screen is too long. Made me realize s4 really does have a much faster load time compared to s3.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    No I wont go back, actually its about time I removed them from my computer. I loved TS3 but it was so laggy for me it kinda took the fun out of the game ( every couple of seconds..... FREEZE), I tried so many tips and tricks to try and fix it. I even spent money on a better computer ram and graphics. I don't know what TS4 will be like 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 eps down the line but i'm enjoying a nice smooth game right now and it suits me fine. Hopefully it will stay that way.
  • Options
    AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    Not anytime soon but down the road, yes. I go back to play TS2 on occasion. There are things I like about TS2, TS3 and TS4. Although, I won't miss how TS3 became unplayable the longer you played a family.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    When S2 came out, I uninstalled S1. Sims3 came out, I uninstalled S2. Was so excited about S4 till I read what wasn't in it. So I kept S3 installed and tried out S4 on release. Very disappointed! Now after the announcement, I am going to continue playing S4 and see what happens.

I play both S3 and S4. I don't have the problems with S3 that others have had. Lag was not often, and even when I played in the big worlds, it only would start to lag when I played a long time and population was high. Of course, I never really played big families or very long before I would move onto another world, LOL. I just uninstalled the expansions I didn't like, and downsized to medium worlds, and it plays wonderfully. I have so much content and a few mods (story progression I just love). I cant see myself giving up S3 anytime soon :p
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    I play them both. The first time I tried S3 after playing S4 the first week, I found my old sims to be rather lifeless and thought maybe I wouldn't be playing it. But the next week, before I got up on Saturday morning, I was thinking about an old S3 game I had played and decided to recreate it. Played it all weekend.

At this point, I tend to play S4 for a couple hrs. and am ready to quit for the day. I really do love the new sims, and the selection of objects are quite good for a base game, but still . . . it's a base game. It works out well for me to play S4 a little in the evenings on work days and S3 on the weekends when I have time to get lost in it.

(Just by the way, I usually did play S3 rotationally and still do. It wasn't that hard to do if you changed your settings.)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    Haven't bought TS4 yet so i am still playing TS3
    i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Uninstalled The Sims 3. :# Happily playing The Sims 4. :D