Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Wow @friendsfan367 I can't believe you are that far already. Dang. Congrats!! How many generations do you think you will go out? I can't believe the game you have though. It sounds like so much fun. I have been following your legacy but had no idea you were that far out. I have had many laughs at some of the things that happen to your poor Sims. Nice to have a chuckle before work. Oh and did you know that in New York, USA they call everyone dudes...even girls. I thought you were a guy due to your profile picture. Anyway, nice work!! Is this your first legacy?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i had no idea how far out i was til cathtea wrote it down. thats how i got so far all i do is play. i decided i like dude whas funny is i was a tomboy growing up even now iprfer jeans to dresses.

back on topic baby rylan was just born.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @friends - if rylan has a sister, you can name her Dude.

Wait! Ring the bells! Break out the confetti! Get those horn-blowy-things! You've completed your legacy! Rylan brings you to Gen 10! OMG! <Milestone complete -- choose a new aspiration... >
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    *salutes @friendsfan367 * Nice work!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    Bleh. Broke my headset so I can't do the lets play I wanted to do, and I don't like playing the sims without sound. :( I feel like I'm going to miss something, even though I know I probably won't, since I usually just listen to music anyway. >_>
  • Options
    Congrats @friendsfan367!!!
  • Options
    rylan is going to a big brother.
  • Options
    now rylan is a big brother his sister is riley.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @muse - oh, it'd be fun to watch you do a let's play! Let us know when you get your headphones fixed and when you plan to do it.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    I have never done a legacy before and I decided to give it a go, but I have a question and I tried looking through this thread, but I dont see the answer to my question. I am doing strict matriarchy, modern, first born.

Does my founder or any of the successors HAVE to marry or move a sim into the house? I feel like they can get pregnant without marrying them (obviously), but I want to make sure I am not breaking a rule.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @pchapman - Nope you don't have to marry or move the spouses into the household, UNLESS they're female. Then they have to move in until they have the baby, and then you can move them back out again.
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @pchapman - Nope you don't have to marry or move the spouses into the household, UNLESS they're female. Then they have to move in until they have the baby, and then you can move them back out again.

Thank you @Lynnwood. My founder is a female and that is good to know. :smile:
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Whoot! Congrats @friendsfan367 on reaching 10 gens on your legacy! *throws confetti and passes around a plate of cookies to celebrate!* I'm still on Gen 1 story wise, but gen three are now children. I really need to get my story caught up with my game :D
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    simbody872 wrote: »
    Whoot! Congrats @friendsfan367 on reaching 10 gens on your legacy! *throws confetti and passes around a plate of cookies to celebrate!* I'm still on Gen 1 story wise, but gen three are now children. I really need to get my story caught up with my game :D
    iplayed and cathtea wrote my story . i can't type.
  • Options
    simbody872 wrote: »
    iplayed and cathtea wrote my story . i can't type.

Where is your story? Do you have a link? I know you post it on here and I have been reading your updates but I didn't realize someone typed a story. Congrats on completing the challenge. Now what are you going to do? Continue or do something else?

• Options
    xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    I've been using the gallery for townies and moving them into houses, as the ones currently in the game age and die so quickly and no one was moving into the empty houses plus at one point all I had were old townies , has anyone else had this problem? (sorry if this has been asked and posted before)

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • Options
    I am so slow. My generation 2 just got married and trying for Gen 3 now. I worked so much this week and had very little time to play. Even today I am to busy until later today. It is my birthday weekend so I am spending a lot of time with my family, eating out and visiting so not much time for Sims. BUT I am off Monday and Tuesday so yayyy....Maybe I will get a little farther.

You know in Sims 3 by now I was usually bored and would stop..but I feel I have only just begun this legacy I am having so much fun.
  • Options
    @Glimmer I'm not too far in front of you, I've just started 3rd gen :D

• Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Chapter 3 of Gen 3
  • Options
    @xJDLKx if you make sure to go to manage world and put townies together and edit them to have kids every once in a while, you should be able to avoid that problem.

But if you don't want to do that. If you go to places like the park, the game will create children sims for you.
  • Options
    @capturedmouse ohh I didn't know I could do that :D and I never really visit parks but I definitely will now , thank you :D has anyone ever made friends with someone or become girlfriend/boyfriend of a Sim that just disappeared? My new founder got a girlfriend when they were both teens she aged up so I made him age up to, I went to invite to her to his birthday party and she was gone, not even in unplayed households or deceased.

• Options
    PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    edited September 2014
    I always wanted to do a legacy challenge and I think now is a good time. Quick question... If I get a sim from the legacy ones on the gallery can I move them directly into the legacy house or do I have to meet them in the world?
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    If you make sure to go to manage world and put townies together and edit them to have kids every once in a while, you should be able to avoid that problem.

But if you don't want to do that. If you go to places like the park, the game will create children sims for you.

My problem is that the townies disappear if I don't put them in houses. I've started writing the household names down and checking every once in awhile to see if they are still there. I will try your idea of visiting places to create more and report back whether that worked or not. Right now I've been looking at the gallery #LegacyLoves for some teens for my teens to meet.

• Options
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Ohh I didn't know I could do that :D and I never really visit parks but I definitely will now , thank you :D has anyone ever made friends with someone or become girlfriend/boyfriend of a Sim that just disappeared? My new founder got a girlfriend when they were both teens she aged up so I made him age up to, I went to invite to her to his birthday party and she was gone, not even in unplayed households or deceased.

I have had many friends of my sims lost it seems to get to be more of a problem the longer you play as I am on the 7th generation now. I had hoped the new patch would fix it but it did not.

• Options
    @PaisleyPink What I did was I moved them from the gallery into a house then had my sim go to meet them at the house and build a friendship. Then I got the option for the sim I picked to move in. At that time I was actually trying to choose between 5 sims though. The legacy redheads household.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top