Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are all the female children?

Comments

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I ran in to this same issue in my first game I started. My family now I have seen girls but not too many boys if any. Plan on playing in a little bit to check and see if there is a mixture or if I have mostly if not all female children in my town

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a little girl in my very first saved family, but since I've started my legacy (on a different save file), I've yet to see any. Seems like the tuner is REALLY out of whack.

And actually I had 2 boys in my first family and a daughter in this new family...My curiosity is peaked...gotta feed my RL daughter and play to see. hmmmm

Lol maybe the game just picks and chooses what it wants to do. "For this save, the town will be filled with elders. Oh and this other one, all pregnant sims will have triplets" That's what it seems like anyway haha
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I have a theory, it's not based on any sort of fact and I have to remember to test it. The theory is it depends on where you first visit what your game spawns. If you go to the lounge first? Then you will have a bunch of elders in your game because they love that lounge. Go to the park first? A bunch of those all-consuming single mother households because the parks can evidently only be used by male children.

Yeah, I'm sure all sorts of holes can be punched in that theory but it's all I've got at the moment to example the crazy things in this game. Why some people have only elders spawned in their games, why others have only single mother households, etc.

So....where should we send them first to get the best spawning? I'm thinking the library. When I go there, I see all sorts of Sims (ages, genders, etc).

In my new household, I'm keeping them at home to see what the game does. How many random Sims will it spawn if my Sims never leave their lot?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Poor little Alexander Goth will never find a wife. My game only spawns single mother households with a female teen and a male child. Out of 49 Sims created in a two week period, 1 was an adult male. I feel bad for poor Alexander.

*imagines Loki falling to her knees yelling at her screen* "Pooooor queeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!"

LOL I was like "Who is poor? Alexander ain't poor...."

Then I got it, youse a funny boy.

I actually have some families waiting to be plopped into the world when my newest boy child ages up so he can find his future wife. I stopped worrying about it. I just delete all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 female households every week and keep any that look like they might have potential.

Yes, I am shallow and my game is full of pretty Sims.

I keep my Sim the prettiest so she can look down on everyone else as peasants and serfs. She doesn't really do that, but sometimes I like to imagine when she's in space on her rocket she's looking down at Sim Earth and cackling maniacally.

I like you, you're funny and entertaining. You can come back anytime (lol!!).
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    At first glance I read this thread title as "why are all the females children?"
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    mulboro wrote: »

In the same vein as that question "Because we planted them that way..."
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    edited September 2014

That just raises further questions. :0

@Crackseed
    Gratz on 2000 posts!
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options

That just raises further questions. :0

*whispers* Seeds man, seeds. I know a guy...
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Poor little Alexander Goth will never find a wife. My game only spawns single mother households with a female teen and a male child. Out of 49 Sims created in a two week period, 1 was an adult male. I feel bad for poor Alexander.

*imagines Loki falling to her knees yelling at her screen* "Pooooor queeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!"

I actually have some families waiting to be plopped into the world when my newest boy child ages up so he can find his future wife. I stopped worrying about it. I just delete all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 female households every week and keep any that look like they might have potential.

I keep my Sim the prettiest so she can look down on everyone else as peasants and serfs. She doesn't really do that, but sometimes I like to imagine when she's in space on her rocket she's looking down at Sim Earth and cackling maniacally.

That's a pretty interesting theory. I think the first lot I sent my sim to was the museum though, so I'm not sure it really had an affect on what the game generates.
  • Options

That's a pretty interesting theory. I think the first lot I sent my sim to was the museum though, so I'm not sure it really had an affect on what the game generates.

LOL, yeah, warned you guys my theory had a bunch of holes in it. It was all I could come with and since I'm no longer worrying about it or testing things out? I'm not all that worried anymore. I will just keep doing my own culling of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my town.

Maybe the museum is an elder magnate? I don't think I've ever sent a Sim there, I checked it out in build mode and didn't see anything interesting to go visit. I like the parks.
  • Options
    why do you want females? females are icky? men are better, men are smexeh

I hope this is a joke....

LOL, yeah, warned you guys my theory had a bunch of holes in it. It was all I could come with and since I'm no longer worrying about it or testing things out? I'm not all that worried anymore. I will just keep doing my own culling of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my town.

Maybe the museum is an elder magnate? I don't think I've ever sent a Sim there, I checked it out in build mode and didn't see anything interesting to go visit. I like the parks.

Lol yeah the museum is pretty bland. There's not much there. I don't visit it often so I can't tell if it's an elder magnet, but the lounge definitely is! Can never send my sims there without it being crowded with elders.
  • Options
    I dunno, some men carry 'ick' too.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    I dunno, some men carry 'ick' too.

Those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fish fraternizer types.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a mix boys and girls
    My sim is a girl, I have had 2 girls and a boy
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    I have a mix boys and girls
    My sim is a girl, I have had 2 girls and a boy

I think we're talking about the randomly generated Sims? I've had a good mix of born Sims, however, it does seem that if my played family starts with one gender? Then they will continue that gender and never deviate from that.

It's more a problem when you are trying to make friends for your little girl Sim, she can't find any other girls in town.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    The thread title kind of makes me think Screenshot-26-2.jpg
  • Options
    bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Honestly, now that you've mentioned this, it's true, I never see randomly generated girls in my game, either. I always take my kids to the park and it'll be boys playing on the pirate ship. I just never really thought about it. I always make my child Sims friends with boys anyway, no matter what gender they are. I actually don't have many female friends in real life aside from my best friend, and always got on better with boys as a child right through to even now, although I've never been a tomboy. So I like to make even my little girl Sims friends with boys. Plus it makes it more interesting when they get older and the love triangles can start. :p
  • Options
    Honestly, now that you've mentioned this, it's true, I never see randomly generated girls in my game, either. I always take my kids to the park and it'll be boys playing on the pirate ship. I just never really thought about it. I always make my child Sims friends with boys anyway, no matter what gender they are. I actually don't have many female friends in real life aside from my best friend, and always got on better with boys as a child right through to even now, although I've never been a tomboy. So I like to make even my little girl Sims friends with boys. Plus it makes it more interesting when they get older and the love triangles can start. :p

Le Scandalous. Aww yiss.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I usually have a good mix in my game. If you aren't getting the mix you want, the devs gave us the option to manage our own townie populations. This really isn't a glitch that needs to be fixed. Maybe someone will develop a mod so that you can play the game how you want.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I usually have a good mix in my game. If you aren't getting the mix you want, the devs gave us the option to manage our own townie populations. This really isn't a glitch that needs to be fixed. Maybe someone will develop a mod so that you can play the game how you want.

Yeah, thats what I do, if my town doesn't have something I feel it needs, I add it, maybe they are following some "challenge" that says something like "don't edit stuff" or whatever.
  • Options

I would have to disagree. I definitely think it's a bug when my game only generates male children and all of my generated households consist of one adult female, one teenage female, and one child male. This is a balance issue, I shouldn't have to constantly manage my townies and delete all of these repetitive households, only for them to be regenerated in less than a sim week. It's frustrating. It really breaks the immersion when you go to the park and all you see are little boys playing pirates and swinging on the monkey bars. What if I don't want my little girl to only have friends who are boys? This definitely needs fixing.
  • Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    Huh, I don't think I've seen any male children running around the parks. I have seen female teens, though. But no female children. That is odd. I have only played in WC and not the other world so I don't know if it is different between worlds.
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    Rine wrote: »
    Huh, I don't think I've seen any male children running around the parks. I have seen female teens, though. But no female children. That is odd. I have only played in WC and not the other world so I don't know if it is different between worlds.

It's not my first family was in Oasis landings (is it called that) lol
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I made a discovery -- if you evict a Sim household, that household goes into the "Not Currently In This World" category, but they still show up in the game; I tried that with the ex-roommate of my Simself's husband and he still comes by to visit. So you could make a bunch of Sims with young girls, put them in houses then immediately evict them and boom! extra townies.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member

I would have to disagree. I definitely think it's a bug when my game only generates male children and all of my generated households consist of one adult female, one teenage female, and one child male. This is a balance issue, I shouldn't have to constantly manage my townies and delete all of these repetitive households, only for them to be regenerated in less than a sim week. It's frustrating. It really breaks the immersion when you go to the park and all you see are little boys playing pirates and swinging on the monkey bars. What if I don't want my little girl to only have friends who are boys? This definitely needs fixing.

I disagree with @SweetieTreats. The game's automatic townie generation is abysmal. The game starts out with a good and reasonably balanced mix of townies. But after a few weeks in (if you play with aging for everyone) automatic townie generation kicks in to start repopulating the town. If you play legacy style and just focus on your own family after your first generation is born the game starts spitting out townie families structured as Single Mother/teen daughter/child son. As is typical with randomly generated sims they are poorly dressed, more often than not obese and these families don't even have a common race/skin color. You frequently get two of one skin color and a third of a completely different color. Because of the single family structure the town becomes over populated by women and never has any female children.

The only way I have found to correct this is to micro-manage the additions to all the non-played families in the town through CAS. If you go to the manage world level you can choose the icon for household management. You can view all the non-played families there and then as time passes you can add children to the families with CAS. If you are willing to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat you can adjust the skin colors of some of the mismatched families and add more men and teen males and female children.

I have found that if I add enough children to the non-played families the game creates fewer of these Mother/daughter/son families but it still generates them.

I understand the argument that this is not a bug. That the game was designed to allow the player to add townies to the game. I disagree. If the game is going to have a feature such as automatic townie generation that you cannot control or turn off then it needs to do it right and not poorly. It is true you can add families to the empty houses in the game. But you cannot simply add your own "Not in the World" townie families. You have to wait for the game to do it badly and then go in and edit what the game creates with CAS.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »

But you cannot simply add your own "Not in the World" townie families. You have to wait for the game to do it badly and then go in and edit what the game creates with CAS.

Actually you can -- it's not really simple but it can be done.

1. Create a family in CAS
    2. Go to Manage Worlds and pick a house for them.
    3. Place them in the house
    4. Immediately click on that house and choose More (the three dots), then Evict Household

If it works like it did in my game, they'll end up in the townie population and you'll see them around town. You could just use the same house over and over.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)