Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are all the female children?

Every time I send my child sim to the park, there is always nothing but male children! In fact, I think I have yet to see a single little girl in my town. It's really strange. Anyone else noticing this in their game?

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I always have a mix of both genders every where. :P
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    In my game. I have no male Townies
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I have a mix of every life state except for male teenagers. Pretty sure it's random
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    psychotrip1psychotrip1 Posts: 237 Member
    It seems like a lot of people are having strange issues like this.

Some people are only getting twins.

Some are only getting complete clones of older siblings.

Some people only get boys.

Some only get girls.

Some have a town full of only elder sims.

This game...has a few problems.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12696591/#Comment_12696591
    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I'm wondering this too. There was three little male children on the pirate ship at one of the parks I visited... not a female child in sight; and my Sims aren't having any daughters either! *Pokes game*. Whyy you do this to me!? I play you hours upon hours a day.. D;
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I have a mix of genders in all the other age groups, but not the children. There seems to be something off about the population tuner, I thought it was "supposedly" supposed to find what gender/age group was lacking in your game and fill it?
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    There are little to no kids in my game, maybe like 3-4. All are male, except for maybe one but I can't tell if it's a boy/girl as he/she looks boyish in a pink hoodie. And his/her name is "Bo". lol
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    I'm wondering this too. There was three little male children on the pirate ship at one of the parks I visited... not a female child in sight; and my Sims aren't having any daughters either! *Pokes game*. Whyy you do this to me!? I play you hours upon hours a day.. D;

Oh god I'm really praying that I don't have that problem. My sim just had a child and it was a boy, I'm hoping the next generation has a daughter, for legacy purposes. I'll be so upset if my sims only have boys!
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I have a mix of genders in all the other age groups, but not the children. There seems to be something off about the population tuner, I thought it was "supposedly" supposed to find what gender/age group was lacking in your game and fill it?
    I wasn't aware of that, but it seem it doesn't work. But whatever age/gender you are lacking, it must be random for each game.

What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited September 2014
    My little girl went to the park and there were 6 boys and no girls.
    34zaa83.jpg
    Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • Options
    I don't know, it's really strange because for every Female Sim I've created in CAS, I've made a Male Sim for them in CAS as well and put them together. And I've seen lots of male children and I have seen a female child walking by my Sims house, but that was from one of the premades; and that's about it. No other girls around.. So, I'm playing a Legacy Challenge now.. I'll see how it goes when it comes to gender... also thinking about making a 100 Baby Challenge just to see what happens. :x
  • Options
    mulboro wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of that, but it seem it doesn't work. But whatever age/gender you are lacking, it must be random for each game.

I'm not sure it's a fact, I just remember reading it somewhere on the forums. But even if it is there, sadly you are correct and it does not work :(
  • Options
    I don't know, it's really strange because for every Female Sim I've created in CAS, I've made a Male Sim for them in CAS as well and put them together. And I've seen lots of male children and I have seen a female child walking by my Sims house, but that was from one of the premades; and that's about it. No other girls around.. So, I'm playing a Legacy Challenge now.. I'll see how it goes when it comes to gender... also thinking about making a 100 Baby Challenge just to see what happens. :x

That's pretty much exactly what I've noticed too. I'm playing a legacy as well with strict equality, so I NEED a daughter in the next gen or my legacy is done for hahahaha.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Oh god I'm really praying that I don't have that problem. My sim just had a child and it was a boy, I'm hoping the next generation has a daughter, for legacy purposes. I'll be so upset if my sims only have boys!

See, I called it though.. several times (to myself), because this happened in Sims 3. I didn't have this issue in Sims 2, though. I think I had a bit of a balance between girls and boys that my Sims would give birth to.. but ever since Sims 3, I've had boys. But I didn't want to 'cheat' and cause them to have a girl because that is too easy. I know we can't do that in Sims 4... but if it gets crazy and I have like 10 boys... I'm going to be so sad! lol.

Good luck with your legacy! Hope you get some girls soon. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,753 Member
    I'm currently playing a Legacy Challenge family. They've just had three boys in a row! Not that I mind, for now, since the Heir must be a male in my chosen line of succession. I have also seen a little girl or two at the park. My Founder married a female who looked young, but immediately after the wedding ceremony took place her hair went from black to gray! :o By the time I was able to control her and have a look at her simology, she was 101 days old! Yeah. Chose natural born on the bloodline, too. Boxed myself in, did I? But, it's cool. I found a solution. He simply moved the original female I'd more or less picked for him before he spotted the One. :o My Sim makes a lot of mistakes. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    missthestopsignmissthestopsign Posts: 78 Member
    The park in Willow Creek is always nothing but boys for me too. I've run into one girl in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited September 2014
    Poor little Alexander Goth will never find a wife. My game only spawns single mother households with a female teen and a male child. Out of 49 Sims created in a two week period, 1 was an adult male. I feel bad for poor Alexander.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Poor little Alexander Goth will never find a wife. My game only spawns single mother households with a female teen and a male child. Out of 49 Sims created in a two week period, 1 was an adult male. I feel bad for poor Alexander.

*imagines Loki falling to her knees yelling at her screen* "Pooooor queeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!"
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    edited September 2014
    Im the same as the OP - my playgrounds are crawling with little boys and I've never seen a little girl townie. There are plenty of men & women in town, but no female children. Luckily, my sims do have good luck getting a decent mix of either gender when they have babies though.
  • Options

Lol yeah I have this problem too. It's pretty frustrating. They need to fix this!
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    I ran in to this same issue in my first game I started. My family now I have seen girls but not too many boys if any. Plan on playing in a little bit to check and see if there is a mixture or if I have mostly if not all female children in my town
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

*imagines Loki falling to her knees yelling at her screen* "Pooooor queeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!"

LOL I was like "Who is poor? Alexander ain't poor...."

Then I got it, youse a funny boy.

I actually have some families waiting to be plopped into the world when my newest boy child ages up so he can find his future wife. I stopped worrying about it. I just delete all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 female households every week and keep any that look like they might have potential.

Yes, I am shallow and my game is full of pretty Sims.
  • Options
    I ran in to this same issue in my first game I started. My family now I have seen girls but not too many boys if any. Plan on playing in a little bit to check and see if there is a mixture or if I have mostly if not all female children in my town

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a little girl in my very first saved family, but since I've started my legacy (on a different save file), I've yet to see any. Seems like the tuner is REALLY out of whack.
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a little girl in my very first saved family, but since I've started my legacy (on a different save file), I've yet to see any. Seems like the tuner is REALLY out of whack.

And actually I had 2 boys in my first family and a daughter in this new family...My curiosity is peaked...gotta feed my RL daughter and play to see. hmmmm
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

LOL I was like "Who is poor? Alexander ain't poor...."

Then I got it, youse a funny boy.

I actually have some families waiting to be plopped into the world when my newest boy child ages up so he can find his future wife. I stopped worrying about it. I just delete all the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 female households every week and keep any that look like they might have potential.

Yes, I am shallow and my game is full of pretty Sims.

I keep my Sim the prettiest so she can look down on everyone else as peasants and serfs. She doesn't really do that, but sometimes I like to imagine when she's in space on her rocket she's looking down at Sim Earth and cackling maniacally.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~