Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

YOU LEFT OUT ONE THING WITH THIS GAME AND ITS MINDBOGGLING

DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
They left out how we used to be able to lock certain sims to certain beds
now they're just sleeping all over the place

I think its weird for my Sim (male) having Mortimer sleep in the same bed as him
even though they somewhat dont get along...

> n>

God... Old People Odor once morning comes..

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    It's been brought up in a Q&A. I believe they said they were putting it "on the list" (not sure which list) but don't quote me on that.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'm pretty sure that this is one of those features which we'll see implemented via a patch. The next one can't be too far off, right?
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    > @lynny said:
    > I'm more concerned about not being able to lock doors. I have random townspeople coming in like they own the place.

Yes. This. It's really annoying and rude, I'm all on hospitality, but I get the feeling they're abusing it.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    > @lynny said:<br />
    > I'm more concerned about not being able to lock doors. I have random townspeople coming in like they own the place.<br />
    <br />
    Yes. This. It's really annoying and rude, I'm all on hospitality, but I get the feeling they're abusing it.

I'm about to start building tiny rooms with no doors for these freeloaders >:)
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2014
    That's the way it was in the sims 1 and 2. The sims didn't have sense enough to sleep in the same bed every night. At least they were smart enough in the sims 3 to go to bed in the same bed every night. I thought the sims 4 sims were suppose to be so smart.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Once I assign Sims certain beds to sleep in, they keep going to that bed, unless someone's sitting on it.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »
    It's been brought up in a Q&A. I believe they said they were putting it "on the list" (not sure which list) but don't quote me on that.

list to ignore and troll their customers?

ibhEUJL0hOExrO.gif
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited September 2014
    Even with assign option in Sims3 my sims on occasion would sleep in another sims bed.

In 4 my sims almost always return to their own bedroom to sleep. On the nap option they sometimes crash on any bed.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    In 4 my sims almost always return to their own bedroom to sleep. On the nap option they sometimes crash on any bed.

Same here. Once they've slept in a bed a couple times, they just seem to figure it out.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    becstar09becstar09 Posts: 174 Member
    renzilla wrote: »
    Once I assign Sims certain beds to sleep in, they keep going to that bed, unless someone's sitting on it.

This has been my experience as well. For the most part it works well but if the bed is obstructed by another sim or an object and I find them in the wrong bed, I just direct them back to their own bed and everything is back to normal.

• Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    lynny wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about not being able to lock doors. I have random townspeople coming in like they own the place.
    I'd like door locks back as well. Hope to see those as well as bed ownership return in a patch - sooner than later.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    I hope they patch that & the lock doors thing,..really grinds my gears! especialy when one of my sims is copping a squat!
    200.gif
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i found that once the sim ages they forget which bed to go to so i have to manually tell them which bed to sleep in and they're fine after that
    haven't had any bed issues besides that

@mulboro that shepard sig is terrifying (i love femshep <3)
    @Dariu your sig is creepy
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    I agree with both of your points.

What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    starladustangelstarladustangel Posts: 11 New Member
    > @renzilla said:
    > Once I assign Sims certain beds to sleep in, they keep going to that bed, unless someone's sitting on it.

Same here. I haven't felt a need to have an assign feature yet
  • Options
    faesunshinefaesunshine Posts: 29 Member
    My sims have all been automatically going to the bed I gave them. After a few times of me sending them I can just let them go and when they're ready to sleep they go to that bed now.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Dariu wrote: »
    ebuchala wrote: »

list to ignore and troll their customers?

ibhEUJL0hOExrO.gif
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I'm reading this in his older voice from Stardust Crusaders
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Yeah I have to manually put the sims in the right beds. A few times for some odd reason the mother sim keeps trying to sleep in her sons bed.
    lynny wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about not being able to lock doors. I have random townspeople coming in like they own the place.

Tell me about it. My sim daughter's friend one morning decided to visit, and passed through the back door, exited the front door, turned around then knocked lol.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    i found that once the sim ages they forget which bed to go to so i have to manually tell them which bed to sleep in and they're fine after that

It is creepy ... and yet, you must watch it.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Mine sleep in the same beds every night and one of my households is a family of 6. You may have to direct them to the beds you want them in once but after that they go there automatically.
  • Options
    DavlanDavlan Posts: 87 Member
    There currently is bed preference in the game. When you send a Sim to sleep in a bed that becomes their preferred bed. That means they'll choose to sleep in that bed over other beds. If you actively choose to send your Sim to another bed their preference will change.

From this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12675663#Comment_12675663

So bed preference already exists.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited September 2014
    Gruffman wrote: »

It is creepy ... and yet, you must watch it.

try watching it and saying "RERORERORERORERORERORERO" really fast at the same time.
    because thats how it sounds whilst he's doing it.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Plus how is it ok with your neighbor to be cooking something at their house or showering or even sleeping in their beds without getting kicked out?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641