Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ruthless Real Estate: 2br1ba. Starter for $17k pg.20

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @ruthless_kk - Great tutorial! Very helpful! I have a question though. Why does most of the uploads for the day do not show up? I only see the most favourited lots most of the time! I did search with 'all' and ' community' otpions but I can never find my house. I have to search with my origin name in order to see my uploaded home. I get the feeling that most simmers cannot see my build! Is the server too busy? :(
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    yanti68 wrote: »
    @ruthless_kk - Great tutorial! Very helpful! I have a question though. Why does most of the uploads for the day do not show up? I only see the most favourited lots most of the time! I did search with 'all' and ' community' otpions but I can never find my house. I have to search with my origin name in order to see my uploaded home. I get the feeling that most simmers cannot see my build! Is the server too busy? :(

I have no idea. You searched under the lot name or...? Most recent is hard because it moves so fast. When I look under most recent to find a build I have uploaded, I sometimes have to go back a page or two even if I just did it.

• Options
    Here is my latest....a big fancy pants mansion for the well to do Sims in your neighborhood. :)

6br
    6ba
    study
    gym
    art studio
    formal dining
    nursery
    playground
    garden
    50x50 lot....$220k...and No CC

Find it in the Gallery under ruthless_kk

f79028ee-75d8-41ba-8922-f643ddac58cd.png

09-15-14_10-10nbspPM-2.png

09-15-14_10-10nbspPM.png

09-15-14_10-07nbspPM-3.png

09-15-14_10-07nbspPM-2.png

09-15-14_10-05nbspPM.png

3734ed13-1b58-4890-9757-b8dcd7d89af5.png

• Options
    Beautiful build Ruth! Stunning architecture! <3 Thanks for trying to explain about the gallery. I find that the gallery does not work! Only the same builds keep appearing again and again. Those are the most downloaded lots or the most favourited lots. It is a pity really! Everyone deserves a fair chance to display their builds. Someone told me that they were doing a maintenance. Hopefully they look into the gallery problem! Sorry for troubling you with this! I hope you do not mind!
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    :o WOW! That is quite a mansion! I really like it, great job!

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Impressive! Building is what I find myself doing most with the new game, it's pretty awesome. I love the room with the exposed brick, that's a great idea! Again, awesome builds!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Bel Air Mansion is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the house! The curved front porch and upper balcony looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the front entrance area with the staircases on the left and the right sides! Very nice type of and placement of the windows in the build! The roof decor looks great! It looks very nice how you have placed the water fountain in the front courtyard and the seats there for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air, enjoying the sunshine. The two trees either side of the front of the home look very stately. The flowers in the corner nook areas of the stairs look nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks great how you have placed the kitchen counters there! The fruit bowl, mugs rack, knife set and pans shelf are nice kitchen touches on the counters and wall there. Very nice dining room! Nice colour and type of dining seats that you have used, and the patterned floor rug under the table looks nice with the nice brown colour scheme that you have used for the dining room. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The plant on the dining table is a nice touch of green for sims to enjoy seeing when eating their meals. It looks very nice how you have done the curtains there. Very nice art studio! Great texture that you have used for the walls. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there, enjoying the sunshine coming in through the window there. It looks great how you have placed the fruit bowl on the pedestal there, for sims to copy and make a painting of! The pictures look nice on the wall. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! Nice colours you have used in the rooms. The dinosaur themed kids bedroom looks great! Nice sofa sitting area in the double bedroom. The sun decor on the bedhead wall there is a great touch.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Ruth this is a stunning build :) You never cease to inspire. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Stunning! :)
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    Lovely classic mansion Ruthy! I think you did an excellent job with the modern interiors. They work really well with the place :mrgreen: Is it just me or is this game ridiculously dark indoors? I'm having a heluva time lighting everything :s
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    I just love your modern house , and now this big fancy (pants) mansion is beautiful and I love it too!!
  • Options
    Thank you very much @cbrock7, @follyfoot, @rosemow, @ehaught58, @yanti68

@Chris2fer03: I love that exposed brick texture too. I only wish it came in more colors.

@Fischio: Yes...the lighting in the game IS very dark. The kitchen picture, for instance, was taken with about 5 overhead lights clustered idiotically around and it still looks too dark. I experimented with some wall lights under the cabinets but none of the wall sconces look right. Between the colors being skewed so strongly and the darkness....it is a definite challenge.
  • Options
    xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Wow, really beautiful exterior. My favorite room must be the kitchen. Good job with this! :)
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Your builds are all very wonderful and the latest is truly stunning! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Another beautiful home!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    EPEAGLES317EPEAGLES317 Posts: 84 Member
    Your houses are amazing! I just wish I had more empty lots to be able to download them all.
  • Options
    By request: a budget friendly family home for Oasis Springs. 3br. 2ba. and under $40k. No CC
    Found in the Gallery under ruthless_kk

45375d7b-7576-4cff-be8d-7bc079a93b58_zps62b231ed.png

3594a76f-ece9-4182-a39c-805d512669c5_zps6912a1bf.png

fbad22de-46bd-4f5a-b33e-16fea4c27920_zpsceac3eec.png

2315931c-4c1f-4d2f-893c-e384c39ea390_zps5f5048d9.png

941bd3ae-8e63-45e7-985c-33f9f129a945_zps87f76545.png

f90ccbc1-e97f-4d4e-b1a1-8180ebf5a963_zps2be5602e.png

15648a16-9e89-4a12-923d-05f06cca247e_zps75936d10.png
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    OMG I love that gate on the left side! So clever! One of the best starters I've seen. If I start a family in OS this will be their first house :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    It's charming, Ruth, and amazing what you did on such a tight budget!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Ruthless, you show off.

LOL kidding kidding! Casita Bonita is lovely :disagree: I love that little arched walkway on the side.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Casita Bonita is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The arch on the side of it looks great! It looks nice how you have done the kerbed flowers on the front edge of the home. The window awnings look nice. The texture of the exterior looks very nice. Great patio area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors. Great layout of the interior of the home! The open plan living, dining and kitchen looks great! The wooden texture of the dining table and chairs and of the living area sofa looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watfhing tv. The fruit pictures on the wall there are nice for sims to see whilst watching tv. The island counter in the kitchen is great! The fruit bowl on the top of the counter is a nice kitchen touch. It looks great how you have done the corner of kitchen cabinets! Very nice bedrooms! Nice colours that you have used for the bedroom walls, curtains and beds. The ladybug picture and the teddy in the nursery/kids room looks cute! It looks nice that you have placed the mobile over the cot. Great study desk area in the other kids room for sims to enjoy sitting using a computer at the desk table. They will enjoy painting on the easel there.
    It is a great family home! :)
  • Options
    It is super! I just adore the roof and architecture! <3
  • Options
    Anzi130Anzi130 Posts: 140 Member
    Stunning houses! wow
    Origin Account-Name: Anzi120
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Great starter! Love the arch on the side. The home has so much character. <3
    sigg.gif

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I like the archways over the side path. It's a very cute home!
    5sXtTqH.png