January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 15 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Why i don't like the forums no more

Comments

  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »

    Clearly my mission is a success :)

    kung_1f1ab5_666397.gif
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

    No disagrees make the game look better, this wasn't simply to remove the buttons for arguments' sake. It also diminishes the agrees and reduces the ranks of those who had many agrees which were not as happy with this game as those who still play it. That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section...this makes the game all look better as those who had many agrees with what they didn't like posts are gone under their profiles and no one visiting can see why people agreed with them. If that's not the case then they could have just fixed the flag system. See? If it wasn't to make the game look better then I will eat my hat. Their rating system backfired as more people who wrote more negative responses wound up being what they deemed 'leaders'. Those people, including myself didn't ask for those titles nor want them, but EA's point system backfired and they had to fix that and make it look better for the 'game', because if more people were agreeing with those who are negative, then what must that look like to those who are just looking around on the forums?

    I had over 2k Agrees.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O

    Cats fight :mrgreen:
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..

    I am so sorry to hear that. I have three kitten (well they belong to my sisters, but yeah, I took the liberty to play around with them :) ). I hope you can get a cutest kitten soon.

    *hug*.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,267 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..

    Even though I'm more of a dog fan than a cat fan, couldn't have a cat anyway. My parrot would probably drive it to madness.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    This forum looks more like its getting posessed by childs who dont know how to read, communicate and give an honest opinion other than throwing their own complexes into a subject that eventually has nothing to do with it. Most of it doesnt have anything to with the game, giving useful feedback and can possibly make this game better for anyone. It is not seen by them that they are ruining it for themselves. The threads people were opening and discussing about in the old forum had great ideas and good feedback! Because of that, EA could use some useful thoughts from their fans, but this.. dont be surprised if they will turn it more into a child game and take more features out, cause the public is just like it.. but oh well.

    Who would want a greater version of the sims anyway, right? Cause the sims 4 is so great, it can't be made any better! ... ehm no dont think so

    As @munchie885 said earlier to you, this game is geared toward the younger people......teens/young adults anyway. I am not a child nor do I think you ought to be calling anyone a child. I know how to read, communicate, and give honest opinions as do others on here as well. It just gets old seeing the SAME thing over and over and over again. Its laughable to be honest and I mean no disrespect at that. Like I said before, everyone is entitled to share opinions, but the search field is there for a reason. Use it. And you need to lighten up and have some fun!

    *throws tiny marshmallows at you* FOOOOOOODDDDDD FIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTT!!!! LOL!! :)
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..

    I am so sorry to hear that. I have three kitten (well they belong to my sisters, but yeah, I took the liberty to play around with them :) ). I hope you can get a cutest kitten soon.

    *hug*.

    Thank you <3

    *hugs*
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O

    If I am a cat, can I be a lion? :)
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O

    If I am a cat, can I be a lion? :)

    You are a bear @Bear31, in case you forget that :p.

    No, bear can't be a lion.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,736 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..

    As someone who does feral cat rescue and rehab, I'd love to suggest a visit to your local shelter. Those kitties are not expensive and they desperately need good and loving homes.


  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    I actually like forums.

    What I don't like is people constantly doing the same thing, and some same nicks are persistent in it:

    1. Sims 4 just got released and some people who de facto didn't play Sims 4 extensively are already spamming and whining about DLC

    2. I can understand that some people can't do anything without cheats, but cmon, Sims 4 is not that hard to play to glorify cheats hourly and daily

    3. Half of thread titles are facebook dyslexia style disaster, it's "lol", "help", "see this", "CC", "whatever" so the reader can't possibly know what the thread is about


    If we'll stay this way and we just can't get separate section for cheating/whining threads, can we at least get a separate section that'd be called:
    Sims 4 BASE GAME ONLY

    Please?

    EDIT:
    This will be burried it seems with spam prety soon. I'm gonna repost this in the forum feedback section.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O

    If I am a cat, can I be a lion? :)

    You are a bear @Bear31, in case you forget that :p.

    No, bear can't be a lion.

    Then she needs to change cat fight to "bear and cat fight"......I think I would win in this case cause bears are larger in size than cats!! ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..

    Even though I'm more of a dog fan than a cat fan, couldn't have a cat anyway. My parrot would probably drive it to madness.

    Dog fan here too!! :) I have two!!
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    SimsFur wrote: »
    This forum looks more like its getting posessed by childs who dont know how to read, communicate and give an honest opinion other than throwing their own complexes into a subject that eventually has nothing to do with it. Most of it doesnt have anything to with the game, giving useful feedback and can possibly make this game better for anyone. It is not seen by them that they are ruining it for themselves. The threads people were opening and discussing about in the old forum had great ideas and good feedback! Because of that, EA could use some useful thoughts from their fans, but this.. dont be surprised if they will turn it more into a child game and take more features out, cause the public is just like it.. but oh well.

    Who would want a greater version of the sims anyway, right? Cause the sims 4 is so great, it can't be made any better! ... ehm no dont think so

    As @munchie885 said earlier to you, this game is geared toward the younger people......teens/young adults anyway. I am not a child nor do I think you ought to be calling anyone a child. I know how to read, communicate, and give honest opinions as do others on here as well. It just gets old seeing the SAME thing over and over and over again. Its laughable to be honest and I mean no disrespect at that. Like I said before, everyone is entitled to share opinions, but the search field is there for a reason. Use it. And you need to lighten up and have some fun!

    *throws tiny marshmallows at you* FOOOOOOODDDDDD FIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTT!!!! LOL!! :)

    Dear, if you dont feel like this comment was towards you, why are you trying to proove that you are none of things i said. You are just creating something for yourself that you actually dont want.. Not necessary. If you dont think you are a child, simply dont feel offended to what i had to say and let is be for those who are not knowing how to use a forum.

  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O

    If I am a cat, can I be a lion? :)

    You are a bear @Bear31, in case you forget that :p.

    No, bear can't be a lion.

    Then she needs to change cat fight to "bear and cat fight"......I think I would win in this case cause bears are larger in size than cats!! ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!

    Because you asked for it.

    [img]http://stream1.❤️❤️❤️❤️.com/view3/1395107/bear-vs-cat-o.gif[/img]

  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,955 Member
    I do not see that you cannot disagree or agree, you can post why you disagree with the person and talk it out. or would you rather hide behind a button.
    I would rather know why a person disagrees or agrees, now the person has to state why the disagree, isn't that better, after all isn't the forum to discuss things, not just constantly pressing a button to make people know you disagree or agree. Isn't it better to know why they disagree or agree. Perhaps some don't know why they agree or disagree, just following the flow or the drama.
    so now people will know why.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    SimsFur wrote: »
    This forum looks more like its getting posessed by childs who dont know how to read, communicate and give an honest opinion other than throwing their own complexes into a subject that eventually has nothing to do with it. Most of it doesnt have anything to with the game, giving useful feedback and can possibly make this game better for anyone. It is not seen by them that they are ruining it for themselves. The threads people were opening and discussing about in the old forum had great ideas and good feedback! Because of that, EA could use some useful thoughts from their fans, but this.. dont be surprised if they will turn it more into a child game and take more features out, cause the public is just like it.. but oh well.

    Who would want a greater version of the sims anyway, right? Cause the sims 4 is so great, it can't be made any better! ... ehm no dont think so

    As @munchie885 said earlier to you, this game is geared toward the younger people......teens/young adults anyway. I am not a child nor do I think you ought to be calling anyone a child. I know how to read, communicate, and give honest opinions as do others on here as well. It just gets old seeing the SAME thing over and over and over again. Its laughable to be honest and I mean no disrespect at that. Like I said before, everyone is entitled to share opinions, but the search field is there for a reason. Use it. And you need to lighten up and have some fun!

    *throws tiny marshmallows at you* FOOOOOOODDDDDD FIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTT!!!! LOL!! :)

    Dear, if you dont feel like this comment was towards you, why are you trying to proove that you are none of things i said. You are just creating something for yourself that you actually dont want.. Not necessary. If you dont think you are a child, simply dont feel offended to what i had to say and let is be for those who are not knowing how to use a forum.

    You just want to spit out opinions and not expect anyone to argue with you. I don't think I am these things, Im not offended in the slightest, nor do I feel like it was toward me. I was stating a fact. If you don't like it, you don't have to. Im merely stating the fact that, maybe like me, these fine people feel the same way. They aren't children either and you are just stirring yourself up to create drama instead of lightening up a bit and letting people have their fun if they want to do it. What's it to you? You don't have to read any of these threads if you don't want to.
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

    *waits with marshmallows at the ready*

    I see no fight. Just cats o.O

    If I am a cat, can I be a lion? :)

    You are a bear @Bear31, in case you forget that :p.

    No, bear can't be a lion.

    Then she needs to change cat fight to "bear and cat fight"......I think I would win in this case cause bears are larger in size than cats!! ROOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!

    Because you asked for it.

    [img]http://stream1.❤️❤️❤️❤️.com/view3/1395107/bear-vs-cat-o.gif[/img]

    Ummm, asked for what exactly? I was having fun.......she/he's just complaining about something and I could really care less.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,955 Member
    Wow I did not know it was a competition.

    the statement " That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section..."

    So I guess to some it was. I thought it was about what you really agreed with or disagreed with. But I guess it was all about who was the leader in the activity section, how sad is that. then now I am glad it is gone.

  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I do not see that you cannot disagree or agree, you can post why you disagree with the person and talk it out. or would you rather hide behind a button.
    I would rather know why a person disagrees or agrees, now the person has to state why the disagree, isn't that better, after all isn't the forum to discuss things, not just constantly pressing a button to make people know you disagree or agree. Isn't it better to know why they disagree or agree. Perhaps some don't know why they agree or disagree, just following the flow or the drama.
    so now people will know why.

    Beautifully put!! Slinging "act like an adult around and form honest opinions" at people isn't going to solve anything. Nor is my retorts either, I imagine. BUT I gave an honest reaction to this thread......its tiresome.....which is why I feel I disagree with this being a discussion in the first place. It doesn't solve a thing, creates fights among people, and then gets closed. And all for what? Just so we can create drama and snap at each other? Come on, that's what little kids do......not teens and young adults and those of us that are older than that and know better.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,267 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Wow I did not know it was a competition.

    the statement " That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section..."

    So I guess to some it was. I thought it was about what you really agreed with or disagreed with. But I guess it was all about who was the leader in the activity section, how sad is that. then now I am glad it is gone.

    Well clearly if I have more LOLs or Likes than you it means I'm totally a better person right? Right? *tumbleweed*
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,955 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    I do not see that you cannot disagree or agree, you can post why you disagree with the person and talk it out. or would you rather hide behind a button.
    I would rather know why a person disagrees or agrees, now the person has to state why the disagree, isn't that better, after all isn't the forum to discuss things, not just constantly pressing a button to make people know you disagree or agree. Isn't it better to know why they disagree or agree. Perhaps some don't know why they agree or disagree, just following the flow or the drama.
    so now people will know why.

    Beautifully put!! Slinging "act like an adult around and form honest opinions" at people isn't going to solve anything. Nor is my retorts either, I imagine. BUT I gave an honest reaction to this thread......its tiresome.....which is why I feel I disagree with this being a discussion in the first place. It doesn't solve a thing, creates fights among people, and then gets closed. And all for what? Just so we can create drama and snap at each other? Come on, that's what little kids do......not teens and young adults and those of us that are older than that and know better.

    I come to the forum to discus the sim 4, not to fight or listen to fights, I want to learn more about the sims. How to do things, How others play, surprises in the game that I do not know, photos of sims playing, but it is always the same thing, no discussion about the game, just what people don't like. Don't mean to be rude, just tired of it all, day after day.
    I am now hoping that the forum will get back to what it use to be.

  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    I do not see that you cannot disagree or agree, you can post why you disagree with the person and talk it out. or would you rather hide behind a button.
    I would rather know why a person disagrees or agrees, now the person has to state why the disagree, isn't that better, after all isn't the forum to discuss things, not just constantly pressing a button to make people know you disagree or agree. Isn't it better to know why they disagree or agree. Perhaps some don't know why they agree or disagree, just following the flow or the drama.
    so now people will know why.

    Beautifully put!! Slinging "act like an adult around and form honest opinions" at people isn't going to solve anything. Nor is my retorts either, I imagine. BUT I gave an honest reaction to this thread......its tiresome.....which is why I feel I disagree with this being a discussion in the first place. It doesn't solve a thing, creates fights among people, and then gets closed. And all for what? Just so we can create drama and snap at each other? Come on, that's what little kids do......not teens and young adults and those of us that are older than that and know better.

    I come to the forum to discus the sim 4, not to fight or listen to fights, I want to learn more about the sims. How to do things, How others play, surprises in the game that I do not know, photos of sims playing, but it is always the same thing, no discussion about the game, just what people don't like. Don't mean to be rude, just tired of it all, day after day.
    I am now hoping that the forum will get back to what it use to be.

    Ordinarily, that's what I do too, but its hard to ignore those who really make it their lot in life to be the drama-queens/kings and stir it all up. I've just gotten to the point of, why does it exist and why even comment on other's complaint threads that happen over and over and over again. I fall victim to them because I get curious as to what the thread title means. Then its automatic if I have something to say. Even if I am joking around with my popcorn and food fight bits. What I hope for is that it loosens people up enough to where the drama is forgotten because they are laughing and actually having fun. And you are right, it gets old and its tiring too....I too hope it gets back there soon.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top