Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion do you hope they don't recreate!

Comments

• Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    Into the Future. I never got it for the Sims 3 and I wouldn't get it if it came out for the Sims 4. Not really into all that futuristic stuff. I like modern, sure, I even like cool gadgets and super technology and all that, but I hate all that overly-futuristic stuff. I wouldn't want my Sim to live in a world that looked like it came straight out of Futurama thank you very much.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2014
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats! That one was awful! Waste of time and money!
    For an EP it would be Into the Future, really never used it. and Supernatural, the thing was just too dark and silly. and the world that came from Pets (appolusa Plains) was just too small in my opinion, I like to fill my worlds with venues and things for my sims to do, while I am building skills.
    A world I did not like was MoonLight Falls, buying it around Halloween was fun but that was about it, after that it just seemed like it was unplayable. I removed and redid a lot of houses from it because they were really nice, but too dark.
    The store world that I could do without was Dragon Valley.
  • Options
    ddgangel2009ddgangel2009 Posts: 86 Member
    Into the Future and as others have mentioned combining some of the sims 3 packs into one.

I loved Bon Voyage and hoped World Adventures would be like it was kinda disappointed it wasn't and I didn't much enjoy the sims 3 university but loved the sims 2 one.
    newsigblos_zpsdc8e450f.jpg
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i loved the sims 1 superstar....i just loved everything about it and the sims 2 out for business...
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Since we have bars, mixology, and pianos, I can really live without Late Night. But if they come up with an expansion that gives us restaurants, movie theaters, and film studios, I'll buy it.
  • Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    Supernatural type EP, the supernaturals never really fit into my game play style
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Not a fan of supernatural or the future one. For me it was more aspects of the EPs that I could live without. I like the seasons but could do without the extra holiday and the stuff going on down the park! I liked world adventures although I found I stopped using it as it took up too much time. I did like the idea of being a celebrity. Liked the run your own business of island paradise but could live without house boats and mermaids etc. hopefully they'll bring out some nice new expansion packs with some old stuff redone and some new stuff.

For me, my major rule is 'keep it real'. The occassional unicorn or alien I can live with but not vampires, werewolves and plant people. Keep them in their own EP for those that want it :)

Bring on the Tax Inspector EP - your sims can now experience the realism of a full audit! Buy house insurance. And enjoy dealing with door to door sales men and cold calling!

:-D
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Supernatural, definitely.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I didn't get on board with some of the later expansions from TS3 but just from appearances both Island Paradise and Future seemed incredibly poor products considering they had such good source material. If EA decided to do either of those again then I'd want holidays / vacations to return and I'd want to be able to create my amazing dystopian cyberpunk universe.

As far as expansions I did own that I hope they will never, ever create again:-

Generations:- we shouldn't have needed an expansion pack to add basic interactions that should've already been in the game in the first place. As much as I'm enjoying TS4 we're in a similar scenario now (although sim interactions are much, much better) so I do think another Generations-themed expansion will be on the horizon.

World Adventures:- this is when the franchise well and truly jumped ship for me. If I had wanted to play an RPG I'd have bought an RPG. As it is I bought a simulation game and I had absolutely zero enjoyment from going around collecting random crap.

Showtime:- Late Night 2.0. I didn't HATE this pack (other than the KP tie in) and I daresay I even had a lot of fun with the careers but this should NOT have been it's own expansion pack. All of this content could've easily been added to Late Night to flesh it out since up until Showtime came out the Celebrity system Late Night introduced made little sense.

Pets:- I like pets, but I have yet to play an expansion where pets are done well.
  • Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    Obscene666 wrote: »
    Pets.
    I'm ready for your stones.

i was staying quiet but after island paradise i would say pets as well. shush though

If they go the route of TS3 Pets, then I agree too. Wasn't a huge fan of that one either.

Curious - what did you not like about TS3 pets specifically?
    I had a lot of fun running a ranch and racing horses. I feel like the previous pets were more annoying.. peeing all over the place a lot..
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2014
    The top ones I want are University, Magic, Seasons, and Pets. I don't really care for the rest.
    Though I think for magic they need to restart from scratch, and not go off of Supernatural or Makin' Magic, they can bring in some old/fun fan favorites but the idea of magic needs to be refined in general.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited September 2014
    I hope they don't do Supernatural again. I bought it because of fairies, but I think they were awful. Supernaturals overtook my entire neighborhood, werewolves came over and clawed my furniture to bits, and zombies were reverted to their normal townie selves. I ended up having to turn all but witches off.

Showtime, with that mess of Simport, comes a close second.
    Post edited by Katnap on
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Supernatural and a holiday one.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    Into the future & showtime, However seasons & generations are a must.
    200.gif
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    I hope they do not re-create the Hollywood EP or the party EP from Sims 1-those were the most boring games in the Sims 1 franchise. I could live with pets as long as they aren't super-needy or super-annoying like they were in S1 and S2. In S2,you could'nt even get rid of the pets that walked up to your front door and hung around until you adopted them;at least there was a No Strays mod someone made for S1(it kept strays away from your property).
  • Options
    kaiserjkaiserj Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2014
    I hope they don't recreate a supernatural EP because the only supernaturals I want in TS4 are ghosts and aliens. I'm personally getting tired of the vampires and werewolves fad with all these teen shows and movies about them. I also hated those plant zombies too, I mean at least give the option to turn it off, my sims lost perfectly good plants because of those things. The only thing I liked from that EP was the victorian build and buy stuff.
    Showtime was also disappointing, I was hoping it to be like TS1 Superstar but to me it was pretty much Late Night 2.0. Hopefully if they do something like that it'll be more like the TS1 EP
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Of all the themes from Sims 3 - I don't want to see World Adventures. Not my cup of tea.

Sims 2 - Apartment Life - I don't want an EP based on one feature. Really, that EP added a lot of random stuff together which made it awesome for it's time, but I don't want a remake

Sims 1 - Livin' Large (giggles) - we can do better :)

Must Haves -

Pets, Seasons, Vacations, Superstar/Showtime
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    I really dont want another Island Paradise Remix, i felt that island was rushed
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I hope they do not remake Into the future. I also hope that if they make EP's they do not remake Sweet Treats!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2014
    I think this game needs these EPs:
    1- Generations (This should be top priority)
    2- Open For Business
    3- Seasons

Other EPs to be replaced
    1- Pets replaced by Farm Life
    2- Late Night replaced by City Life (Should come with apartments)

EPs to be turned into SPs:
    1- Into the Future: No future clothing please. Give us servo, objects and furniture
    2- Showtime: Why not give us some nice clothing, Hollywood clothing. Maybe an SP giving the clothing of famous showtime cinematic characters.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I really want to see new stuff and not the s.o.s. After buying Pets and Seasons twice I don't know if I'd do it again. I don't even have those installed any more....and for me...Generations was a waste of a disc.

It would be easier for me to say what I'd like to see back.....WA, Ambitions and Supernatural.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2014
    World adventures, yes I did like the locations, primarily Shang Simla, but in terms of content the bulk of it was a one shot deal.

To hell with that... Showtime, the single worst EP ever created in the entire sims series, shallow worthless and poorly made, filled with bugs and that awful simport.
    raw
  • Options
    KAMorris77KAMorris77 Posts: 50 Member
    I really wanted to like Supernatural but I got bored with it quickly and hated the zombies moaning outside my windows.
    bug_crawls_on_screen_zps039756a8.gif
  • Options
    Dadan10001Dadan10001 Posts: 76 Member
    Generations didn't do much for me and I honestly believe seasons could have been done as update rather than expansion.
    2qimq08.gif
  • Options
    ShalimarXShalimarX Posts: 132 Member
    I know I'm gonna be stoned for this but...

Seasons.

As much as people love weather in every iteration prior its been more of a micromanaged pita since the sims were never smart enough to handle their own temperature needs.

A close second would be Showtime, though considering they included the Comedian career base game chances are Showtime won't be an expansion this time anyways...