Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So i decided to see what the fuss was all about, wasted my time at this game.

Comments

• Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    Nickyz wrote: »
    Keep in mind dude. You came to a SIMS 4 forum to talk about how amazing the sims 3 is. Du.mb move.

If you haven't actually noticed, its the SIMS forum.

Yes but you're in THE SIMS 4 section.

In which i actually gave my review on TS4 and gave some suggestions on how to improve it. Okay.

Uhm. You told me The Sims 4 is a "crimped" game (whatever that means) That word doesnt sound good. The sims 3 is a buggy, ugly looking, dry, boring game that needs to die already.

Because this is North Korea and i can't level factual criticism on and suggest things that may help your beloved TS4?

Okay.

North Korea? Dear god. Good luck. I mean i'm not surprised, you're profile picture is of coldplay or something.

Lol, like that is anywhere near coldplay. You need to broaden your horizons instead of sticking to Nicki Minaj.

tumblr_mgukuihYi41qkdh9eo1_500.gif

• Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    it dosnt really matter what anyone says...opinions are not a factor...the fact is that 4 is better than 3...you can moan on and on about small and ultimately insignificant issues but what really matters are the sims themselves...the engine, the behavior, the animations...they are so much more advanced in 4 than in 3...again, that is not an opinion...its a fact.

...unless of course you think that more primitive sims are somehow better?...in which case you are still wrong and should get your head checked...
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    One thing I heard the other day which I feel is relevant here "Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains." Just saying!
  • Options
    NickyzNickyz Posts: 288 Member
    Keep in mind dude. You came to a SIMS 4 forum to talk about how amazing the sims 3 is. Du.mb move.

In which i actually gave my review on TS4 and gave some suggestions on how to improve it. Okay.

Uhm. You told me The Sims 4 is a "crimped" game (whatever that means) That word doesnt sound good. The sims 3 is a buggy, ugly looking, dry, boring game that needs to die already.

Because this is North Korea and i can't level factual criticism on and suggest things that may help your beloved TS4?

Okay.

North Korea? Dear god. Good luck. I mean i'm not surprised, you're profile picture is of coldplay or something.

Lol, like that is anywhere near coldplay. You need to broaden your horizons instead of sticking to Nicki Minaj.

nicky-byrne-6.gif

How about no.

westlife5.gif
  • Options

Okay.

nicky-byrne-6.gif

How about no.

tumblr_mimzd44PuW1rqmpumo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    One thing I heard the other day which I feel is relevant here "Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains." Just saying!

Yeah, I just can't understand why people come into my thread if they don't like it.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    jimmysnan wrote: »

Yeah, I just can't understand why people come into my thread if they don't like it.

Your stupidity is so funny to me.
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    it dosnt really matter what anyone says...opinions are not a factor...the fact is that 4 is better than 3...you can moan on and on about small and ultimately insignificant issues but what really matters are the sims themselves...the engine, the behavior, the animations...they are so much more advanced in 4 than in 3...again, that is not an opinion...its a fact.<br />
    <br />
    ...unless of course you think that more primitive sims are somehow better?...in which case you are still wrong and should get your head checked...

If it's that advanced, why do they need to remove the open world, CAST, etc to name a few?

Not buying it.
    westlife5.gif
  • Options
    Phoenix1255Phoenix1255 Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2014
    "So I decided to see what the fuss was about, seeing as people from the old forum asked me to hold my judgement until i had tried the whole game."

Who are you that people asked you to hold your judgement? I'm not going lie, I laughed about that.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

Yes but you're in THE SIMS 4 section. Can you read? "The Sims 4 General Discussion"

If this was thesims4.com then i'd agree Sims 4 related things only. But, anything on this forum goes. There's no rules that say you aren't allowed to talk about TS3 by TS4 section.

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Sc3niX wrote: »
    If this was thesims4.com then i'd agree Sims 4 related things only. But, anything on this forum goes. There's no rules that say you aren't allowed to talk about TS3 by TS4 section.
    You might want to re-read the rules.

Particularly the part that says:
    - Keep your posts relevant to the section they are in.
    In this case the OP was talking about TS3 and TS4, so yes, he was very much posting something relevant to this section. But "anything on this forum goes" is not accurate in terms of the rules, and posts not relevant to the section do get moved or removed by mods.

You are right though (minus the "anything goes" part) if your point was that this particular thread is fine here.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    triplexlambtriplexlamb Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2014
    1st.. TO the OP there is a sims 4 feedback thread, it is the very FIRST one! (kinda hard to miss)

2nd...get off GTA5 and stop comparing the sims to it (lol, it's awesome and my 2nd fav game)
    but it is not comparable to any sims, it is a scripted game. if you run over something or kill a pedestrian, the game doesn't remember, they are merely just moving objects.

3rd...get off of Nicki Minaj (she's cool and not a sim and insulting someones avi is super lame)

4th.... my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun :)

ps... @Nickyz stop flagging someone simply that you don't agree with, hence the "disagree" button

xy2ja.gif
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    ps... @Nickyz stop flagging someone simply that you don't agree with, hence the "disagree" button

@triplexlamb
    Since you obviously don't know how to check who is doing the flagging, you shouldn't accuse anyone. Nickyz hasn't flagged anyone in this thread.

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Again, my feelings are you need to give it time to get used to how the controls are all put in different places. That alone is disconcerting. Then you need to get to know your sims. They are amazing this time around. They act so very differently than the sims in t3, that you can't help but love the game. I guess this is just one more instance of a t3 fan not liking the new game. So many people who loved the t2 game, love this one.

Good luck OP. I know how it is to play the old game while the new one progresses. I never did like the sims 3. I loved everything in it except the sims themselves. Now, after getting to know these new sims, I know why 3 never struck a cord for me. B/c I loved the create a style and many other things in that game. But those sims were dead. I felt like I was pushing them around the screen, opposed to them having a spark of life on their own.

Happy Simming.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2014
    No, im coming here with feedback that some parts of the gamers feel that are missing in the game like the open world, toddlers and pools. and voicing out our concerns about it.
    [/quote]

voicing out OUR concerns? I thought that you posted to let us know what your experience was with the game, So you really came here to add to the voice of the concerns for others. (Title) What the fuss was all about? So you heard the voice of those who don't like the game and thought it was good to add to the voice. How sad, that you did not rally want to play to see if you liked it, but to find all the things that others did not like about it.
    I have played from Sept 2, and I really like it. Yet there are things that happen everyday that are still new. Like the time my elder sim was playing chess and a women came over and kept yelling at him, etc. He was getting so mad he kept slamming the chess pieces down, after he left he kicked a trash can. He was mad for hours.
    I have a male sim who is such a lovey dove, and I don't have to make him do it. He does not have the romantic trait, or hopeless romantic trait, but he adores his wife, blowing kisses and very loving to her. they carry on conversations. This all makes for such good game play. love the reaction of sims when they meet. So much more, the kids are amazing now, I love them. Sim no longer look alike. they all have different personalities. I can't wait as they add new things to the game as it goes along. Yes there are some things that need improvement. but it is a base game and I am happy that they opened up a forum with SuruGrant to know what needs to be fixed.
    I believe that they are really concerned to make this a great game.

• Options
    SummersBuffSummersBuff Posts: 74 Member
    Everyone should be allowed to express their opinion on this game. If you only want to shield yourself from negative comments then maybe you should only read those positive threads.

I mostly agree with the OP. My favorite thing to do is CAS. I'll spend a good second in CAS! The issue is coming out of it seems like a drag. There's nothing to do. I've made my usual go to Sims, but it isn't as exciting as it was in the base game of Sims 3. The gameplay of 3 brought enough change to sustain me. Not so much this one. It isn't all bad, but I can't play it for hours, sadly. I'm welcome to change. I embraced The Sims 3 at its base level and it only better from there on up. The change in 4 just went in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    The sims 3 forum is read only, they can't go back to the sims 3 forum! :P
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Sometimes I think that the real problem is not with the game as much as it is with to keep comparing it with Sims 2 and 3.
    It is not Sims 2 or 3 it is a whole new sims. I don't compare of think about what I did with sims 2 or 3, I am just looking at sims 4 and what I see I like.
    I recently moved from the city to the mountains and for awhile I kept comparing it to what I had in the city. It took awhile for me to really see what I had here. I now love it. I sometimes wish that I had moved here a long time ago. Same with my church of 25 years, having now a new church I was comparing it to my old church, it was not until I let go of the old church and all it offered that I was able to love the one I am in now.
    Do I love Sims 3, yes, but I have let go. Will I ever play it again, perhaps, but right now I am happy with the new Sims 4.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

It's only a matter of time, the error which corrupts the world is due to the way the game handles sims being generated or removed from the world... Eventually no matter how much you mod it or how well it runs, it'll eventually fall apart and corrupt your save.

That's not correct. I used an overwatch and MC from Twallan. Normally my game will lag in Island Paradise after few week playing. But then I will use the reset everything option in MC and it will be smooth again.

By the way, there are people experience the lag and freeze as well in TS4 when they play the game for long hours.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    pageybear wrote: »
    The sims 3 forum is read only, they can't go back to the sims 3 forum! :P

Uhh... no.
    The Sims 3 forums exist right below the Sims 4 ones, right here. Just go to the forum section list and scroll down.
    The only thing that has changed is the design and layout. EVERY post ever made (and not removed by mods) is still right there, they migrated all of it over when they changed the forum itself to its new home.

Here's a link to the General Sims 3 section for you, fully accessible, and fully functional.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    All i had to do was wait for 2-3 minutes, then bam, whole world loaded. No stuttering, even at ultra quality.

Remember starting this thread?
    LAG WHEN PLAYING SIMS 3?
    Im having lots of lag while playing sims 3. Its not so prevalent during normal time passing while in game but if i increase the time speed in game to 3x or 4x it lags.

edge Scrolling also induces stutter/lag. Its not unplayable but irritating when my fps goes down sharply for no reason while scrolling/ increasing time speed.
    eg from 300 fps to 40 in an instant and recovers

my specs are

i7 870 processer (2nd Gen)(no o/c)
    MSI P-55A-G-55A mobo
    Nvidia GTX-670 reference card(latest 310.64 drivers)
    12gb DDR3 overclocking ram
    Crucial M4 SSD 128gb.
    WD 1TB HDD
    WD 500GB HDD
    Seasonic 620w PSU
    Coolermaster hyper 212 evo with a GT fan

Any ideas why im having these lag?

Thanks!
    Your computer was pretty good back then, sooo just imagine how the sims 3 was for people with worse computers. lol
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    As other people have said; half of the things that people are complaining about being missing from the sims 4 base game were also not present in the sims 3 base game. The Sims 3 is buggy, laggy, and unplayable without mods. Point blank. They never fixed it. The patches just added in new content which added to the huge mess of bugs.<br />
    <br />
    I've played The Sims 4 for nearly 150 hours since its release (yes, no lifer until I start my job tomorrow) and it's only crashed on me ONCE. I'm lucky to play the Sims 3 for half an hour without a crash.<br />
    <br />
    You can't compare a game that's been out for 13 days to a game that's been out for five years. Of course The Sims 3 is going to have more content, it has ten freaking expansion packs.

I disagree with this. The things that are being complained about the most (open world, CASt, pools, toddlers) were in the sims 3 basegame. I am sorry that your game was unplayable but that is not the case for many of us. In the five years that I have played sims 3, I can count the problems I've had on one hand and they were all fixable.

I don't think I experience any crash in TS3 base game and I had been playing it until WA EP came out. I had a decent computer to begin with by the way :).
  • Options
    gijaneygijaney Posts: 7 New Member
    couldn't agree more, ive played it possibly a few hours worth, and im bored already, I will give it time but theres so much I don't like, theres not enough going on in the worlds, once ive been there once ive no desire to go back, so apart from spend time in my house or build more, ive nothing else to do, disappointing to say the least..

I will also add I was on a facebook page about sims 4 and it had the same rule, if you had an opinion that the game wasn't good, you weren't "welcome" to post and would be set upon lol

if I had read your post I may or may not have decided to buy the game, but it was well thought out and how a lot of people are feeling since parting with their money
  • Options
    gijaneygijaney Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Molevalence said:
    > I can understand why people were upset when Sims 4 came out especially after the Sims 3 had so much content given to it over the years but its a double edge sword. Many people want everything for nothing

actually I wanted a whole lot of something for the money I paid for the game, its simply not worth it, and lack of pools and toddlers, was planned so that die hard fans will part with more money to buy the expansion packs they no doubt will be in.
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

Well, too bad they had to go with Olympus. Maybe TS5?

One thing i know for sure is that i'll probably have to SLI or even tri SLI GTX 880s for that game with mods factored in. My GTX 780 won't cut it rendering all that awesomeness. :|

My understanding is that Olympus was scrapped and significant changes were made to the point the engine was either overhauled completely or very close to it as Sims 4 began to emerge.

While I heavily doubt open world will ever return in this cycle, things like removing certain load screens (going across the street 🐸🐸🐸🐸!) and expanding each world/the lots while maintaining the strengths (better performance, etc) ARE doable.

Although I keeps hoping that they will remove the loading screen between lots in the same neighbourhood, I'll believe it when I see it. Until that time, I will put my faith in the modding community :).

I almost believe that one of the genius there may find a way to do so.