Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Loading Screens Make The Game Unplayable

Comments

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    Are we talking all of these load times for each loading screen encountered, or is it more specific? For example sim leaves lot to go to gym which takes 30 seconds. They leave gym to go to book store which is like, a minute. Goes home from book store , 30 seconds again.
    Or is it consistent?

Anything over 20 seconds to me is too long to deal with if it's on a consistent basis.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    cooliofaun wrote: »
    I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.
    Is that supposed to be threatening? Because you are failing miserably.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    That isn't that bad, and these load screens are not so bad. It depends on what sort of your computer you have and if you make the recommended requirements. And on top of that, it's about the same time as load screens in The Sims 2, if not faster. At least the game doesn't lag like The Sims 3 does.

Yeah, by default my load screens are about 30 seconds to 2 minutes give or take if I am connected online, etc. Sims 3 though, just to boot from the launcher and load the game, total of 19 minutes for me. Yeah I will take small 2 minute load screens over sims 3's long long wait periods and waiting constantly for textures to reload throughout the game.
    WHAT?! 19 MINUTES?! THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! Of course you would take the 2 minutes compared to that but I think the issue might have been with your computer or whatever..... I never heard of anyone with that long of loading Sims 3 ever.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    That isn't that bad, and these load screens are not so bad. It depends on what sort of your computer you have and if you make the recommended requirements. And on top of that, it's about the same time as load screens in The Sims 2, if not faster. At least the game doesn't lag like The Sims 3 does.

Yeah, by default my load screens are about 30 seconds to 2 minutes give or take if I am connected online, etc. Sims 3 though, just to boot from the launcher and load the game, total of 19 minutes for me. Yeah I will take small 2 minute load screens over sims 3's long long wait periods and waiting constantly for textures to reload throughout the game.
    WHAT?! 19 MINUTES?! THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS! Of course you would take the 2 minutes compared to that but I think the issue might have been with your computer or whatever..... I never heard of anyone with that long of loading Sims 3 ever.

Yeah, and I am using the same computer I been playing sims 3 on. When I was playing TS3, and I was booting the game up to load my save, I'd have the entire game windowed and play a few games of FreeCell while I waited. I have all but 5 of the expansions, and tons of store content. But for the longest time I did play TS3 almost religiously after TS2.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

My computer is a Mid 2010 MacBook White. And I can run on Ultra Settings. Loading the map takes 5 seconds, loading a house used to take like 7 seconds, but now it takes 15 max.

The only time it took like 30+ seconds was loading the Secret Neighborhoods. I'd say something is conflicting with the game on your Rig.
  • Options
    kirby356 wrote: »
    It's that long for you? Mine took 30 seconds at most. Still it definitely breaks the fluidity of the game. If I wanted to go back to loading screens, I would play TS2. Glad I got a refund for this.

But the Sims 3 has the same amount of loading times (infact longer), it just isn't a screen. But fair enough.
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    So I was playing ts4 for a little bit today and just the transition from the map to the house took 57 seconds... When went to the bar in willow creek, it took 1 minute 34 seconds. That is just too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 long. Please fix this in the next patch. @SimGuruGrant if you see this, can you please pass it on?

A whole 1.34 hunh? I have to do it.... #Firstworldproblems. Lol. Jeez. Do you remember when it used to take 20 min just to boot up?

Sorry, not minimizing, and I dont have near the loading screens, but really, when a 1.34 min wait makes or breaks a game, there are larger issues going on.

Dez
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I can see these loading screens becoming a real pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a year from now when we have more EP and cc...
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yeah, and I am using the same computer I been playing sims 3 on. When I was playing TS3, and I was booting the game up to load my save, I'd have the entire game windowed and play a few games of FreeCell while I waited. I have all but 5 of the expansions, and tons of store content. But for the longest time I did play TS3 almost religiously after TS2.
    Pretty sure the loading times will increase with each additional EPs and DLCs sadly. Let's hope your loading times for Sims 4 will reach nowhere near 19 minutes lol.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    > @ebuchala said:
    > Anavastia wrote: »
    >
    > Rinilex wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Than im wondering if it's the save it self. Have you tried to start a new game rinilex, and see if the load times are still slow?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Won't that wipe out my families/ builds, though?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know the game can't have multiple save files?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can have multiple save files. Just start a new game with some random sim. It will save it separately from your original save.
    Just remember to use SAVE AS not just SAVE GAME. This way you can pick which slot the game is saved in so that it does not overwrite your original save. I tried playing two separate households, then three separate households, rotation style and learned this through trial and error.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    MarlonVMarlonV Posts: 17 Member
    I got i7 4700 with Intel graphics and my loading screens take no more than 15 seconds (24 hours of playing with the same household). Try defrag, maybe?
  • Options

Pretty sure the loading times will increase with each additional EPs and DLCs sadly. Let's hope your loading times for Sims 4 will reach nowhere near 19 minutes lol.

As long as it doesn't get to 20 minutes + depending on the world, I think most of us will be good. By the time The Sims 3 loaded, my urge to play had gone.

I just ended up fiddling around and then closing.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014

not bad?? that's a hell of a lot of time when you have loading screens for everything it will only get worse for people when the save file gets bigger and expansions start rolling in they won't want to even leave the house if they have to wait for a 1+ minutes each time

if it's this bad now for some i feel bad for them when they get expansions even the sims 3 can load a town quicker then that (and you only have to load once)

• Options

Well back when I had only the sims 3 base game, I still had log load times. I think somewhere around 12 mins with that base game. But the last time I timed the load after hitting play on the launcher, took around 7 minutes to reach the main menu, and 11-12 minutes just to load my saved world. This base game, if I'm not connected in game, my loads are around 20 seconds to 30 seconds. Connected about 1-2 minutes. I like being connected because I can then look through others galleries and upload my creations.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options

Well back when I had only the sims 3 base game, I still had log load times. I think somewhere around 12 mins with that base game. But the last time I timed the load after hitting play on the launcher, took around 7 minutes to reach the main menu, and 11-12 minutes just to load my saved world. This base game, if I'm not connected in game, my loads are around 20 seconds to 30 seconds. Connected about 1-2 minutes. I like being connected because I can then look through others galleries and upload my creations.
    I see. I guess it's true with EA saying Sims 4 will run better on lower end computers than Sims 3.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I see. I guess it's true with EA saying Sims 4 will run better on lower end computers than Sims 3.

I feel like some people take the whole "Sims 4 will run better on low end PC's than The Sims 3" a bit out of context.
  • Options

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Loki-oh-yes.gif[/img]

The perfect gif answer :P
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited September 2014
    My games been patched and there is no visible difference between the loading screens at all since the initial install. My loading screens are about 5 seconds. But I have a SSD.

I have had the game a week now and am still on the same save.
  • Options

I'm also running the Sims 4 on a fresh install of Windows, which may contribute to my shorter loading times :p
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I feel like some people take the whole "Sims 4 will run better on low end PC's than The Sims 3" a bit out of context.
    You mean with people that try out the game on very cheap sub par computers?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jackjack_k wrote: »

You mean with people that try out the game on very cheap sub par computers?

No like,

The Sims 3 was only developed for current computers at the time. All standard computers in 2009 had Pentium 4's and Premium had Dual Core chips. But there was no support for people still using Pentium 3 etc.
    The Sims 4 has been developed to run on current computers, but has more support for low-end PC's too.

So the Sims 4 is designed to run on low-end PC's for todays standards (2009 onwards pretty much since Dual Core wasn't a basic thing till then) but that doesn't mean a low-end PC that ran The Sims 3 at launch, will run The Sims 4 better than The Sims 3. It's just there is more support for older computers than The Sims 3 had.

---

The Sims 4 on Max Settings, is so much more powerful than The Sims 3. The Sims 4 on low settings also requires more than The Sims 3. Just because the game has more support for low-end, doesn't mean a person that couldn't play The SIms 3 can run The SIms 4.

Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    strange my load screens are about 5-10 seconds not sure whats wrong with your game
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    RandomPostsIncomingRandomPostsIncoming Posts: 17 New Member
    > @mwdonohue said:
    > So I was playing ts4 for a little bit today and just the transition from the map to the house took 57 seconds... When went to the bar in willow creek, it took 1 minute 34 seconds. That is just too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 long. Please fix this in the next patch. SimGuruGrant if you see this, can you please pass it on?

Uhm.. i think there is a problem with your HDD/Motherboard then... my loading screens are like 10-15 seconds. And this is on my HDD. I didnt test it on my SSD yet. Running on a stock i7-3770, GTX660, 8Gb RAM all on a ASRock B75 Pro3 m.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    > @kirby356 said:
    > It's that long for you? Mine took 30 seconds at most. Still it definitely breaks the fluidity of the game. If I wanted to go back to loading screens, I would play TS2. Glad I got a refund for this.

I still play TS1, TS2, and TS3, (with all the expansion packs for each) though lately my attention has been focused on TS4. The loading startup time is fantastically short on TS4 (TS1 on my Windows 7 computer is second place, TS2 third place and TS3 fourth place in fastest loading times at startup). I haven't actually timed how long TS3 took to load, but I was actually told by EA staff when I contacted tech support to complain about the length of time content was taking to install to TS3 that my graphics card was below specs to run TS3. Yet it ran just fine as far as I could tell, given some time and patience for startup loading times, with all the expansion packs, all the worlds, all the stuff packs, and all the store venues and all store premium content. I have an integrated graphics card, and play my games on a notebook computer which is an AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 Ghz. I will probably have to get a new computer before it will run all the expansion packs that will come out in the future for TS4. As it is, I close all other applications (especially my web browser) before playing to free up the processing power. I haven't measured the FPS for my game but don't notice choppiness. I'm just glad the game runs on my computer.

My theory on the loading screens is that they will enable new neighborhood areas to be added with expansion packs. In TS3, there weren't enough free large lots to put all the venues from all the expansion packs into one neighborhood. So if I wanted to play with the Horse Ranch, I had to play Appolosa Plains, if I wanted to play with the Large Venue from Showtime, I had to play with the neighborhood that shipped with Showtime, if I wanted the Elixir store sometimes there wasn't room for the Vampire hangout, the Werewolf hangout and the Elixir store so I had to choose between them except in the neighborhood that shipped with Supernatural, and if I wanted Store content venues, like the Movie Theatre or the Bakery, or the Bistro, I had to give up some of the venues from the expansion packs or create a new neighborhood for the store venues to be in - there were more venues possible than spaces for them even in the large open neighborhoods of TS3. So if they add subneighborhoods for each expansion pack so that each playable Sim can live in one neighborhood and travel temporarily to the venues added in future expansion packs then travel back home, it makes sense. Once an open neighborhood is made, its size is fixed. With connecting neighborhoods (where you don't have to move there to travel there), its size is potentially unlimited. I'm willing to accept short loading screens as a trade off for this.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    RandomPostsIncomingRandomPostsIncoming Posts: 17 New Member
    > @Anavastia said:
    > Rinilex wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Than im wondering if it's the save it self. Have you tried to start a new game rinilex, and see if the load times are still slow?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Won't that wipe out my families/ builds, though?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know the game can't have multiple save files?

It can! (I did this to start a stream so i dont have to play with something i already used. You will find your savegame at My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4. you will find a "Saves" folder there. just put it somewhere else or rename it. a new one will be generated when you start the game.
    Goes out for everyone ofc :)