Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Definitive proof that babies are objects...

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    This may come as a suprise to some, but Sims are not real living beings. They are pieces of code that run on your computer. I imagine that in terms of how the game is programmed Sims, not just babies, but all sims,are very much treated as objects.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Zanku5Zanku5 Posts: 90 Member
    It is too big of an object to interact with, instead the babies can only be viewed as décor.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    This may come as a suprise to some, but Sims are not real living beings. They are pieces of code that run on your computer. I imagine that in terms of how the game is programmed Sims, not just babies, but all sims,are very much treated as objects.

*covers sims ears*
    Don't listen to him, you are all alive ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    JustinRHJustinRH Posts: 54 Member
    LOL i wonder if they can take the baby away since the mom cant interact with it. You could just have a giant crying baby stuck there.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

blasphemy-o.gif?w=1200

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    O.o

OMG!

:scream:

tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014
    WOW... ehhh is this a glitch?
    glitches-glitches-everywhere_zpsf9331d89.jpg
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Uh... pretty sure it has already been established that babies are objects long before now. Really, in every iteration of sims games, my sims babies always stayed in the crib, except in sims 2, when we actually had changing tables that worked properly and our sims, once they finished changing the kid, took it back to the crib and put it in. Sims 3's store version, they finish any interaction on that changing table... and they put the kid on the floor...

Babies no matter the incarnation of sims title, have always been objects. Sims 1, poof bassinet filled with a baby. Sims 2, you could only see the color of their portrait and had to guess what they wanted. Sims 3, they were basically objects your sim could pick up, interact with and carry around.

The picture was funny but when I saw the title, I thought "Oh great, another hate thread". And here I was with the perfect gif for it!

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/0wK.gif[/img]
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    that is hilarious...
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2014
    nilanius wrote: »
    Uh... pretty sure it has already been established that babies are objects long before now. Really, in every iteration of sims games, my sims babies always stayed in the crib, except in sims 2, when we actually had changing tables that worked properly and our sims, once they finished changing the kid, took it back to the crib and put it in. Sims 3's store version, they finish any interaction on that changing table... and they put the kid on the floor..

Leaving them in the crib was your personal play style. It didn't have to be, though. In Sims 3, babies had need bars that you could see. They had moodlets. Evil infants derived pleasure from someone else's pain. They could accumulate lifetime aspiration points, and they could have relationships with other sims. They could become friends with the babysitter or maid or neighbors. They could be taken to the park in a stroller. I had a mod where they could be taken on vacation, as well.

They were sims, not objects.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    from my point of view, Babies have always been objects. With little to nothing to do with them.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Halle_M wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Uh... pretty sure it has already been established that babies are objects long before now. Really, in every iteration of sims games, my sims babies always stayed in the crib, except in sims 2, when we actually had changing tables that worked properly and our sims, once they finished changing the kid, took it back to the crib and put it in. Sims 3's store version, they finish any interaction on that changing table... and they put the kid on the floor..

Leaving them in the crib was your personal play style. It didn't have to be, though. In Sims 3, babies had need bars that you could see. They had moodlets. Evil infants derived pleasure from someone else's pain. They could accumulate lifetime aspiration points, and they could have relationships with other sims. They could become friends with the babysitter or maid or neighbors. They could be taken to the park in a stroller. I had a mod where they could be taken on vacation, as well.

They were sims, not objects.

Uh... Sims 4 babies do develope friendships with people who interact with them. After having my sim mother and father interact with the kids while they were babies, they showed up in the social list with a reputation, quickly becoming friends. And when they aged up into children, they were still friends with the sim parents. Also, Sims 3 babies, when it came to lifetime aspiration points, mine never got any no matter what I did. They had no wishes to fullfill, or anything of the such. Yes they had needs bars, but beyond that, they were mere objects. They only had the needs bars because they thought it a good idea to let them have it over sims 2 babies, who you could not see their needs bars.

It was toddlers that started developing aspirations and wishes and interacting with things and other sims. Overall, I'm okay with how they did babies. I'm alright with how they put in an age up on them regardless of time till their actual birthdays. For me, it's not a big deal.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    SpideTreSpideTre Posts: 63 Member
    reminds me of a Katt Williams skit on Shaq and what his kids look like lol

youtu.be/-ASALoD3OO0?t=1m19s
    origin ID: SpiderTre
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Sims 2 babies might have had needs bars hidden but there was a boolprop cheat (as well as a multitude of mods) that would allow you to make the baby selectable, and you could see the needs. Sims 3 babies could get aspiration points. They didn't tend to get them very often, but they could. Things like beautiful vista, nicely decorated home, having teddy in their inventory and the music playing as well as hygiene being up could all combine to give them points. Also, test number one to see if they were sims.... you could click on them and select interactions that were sim interactions, not just click on a bassinet.... Yes all sims are objects but they are a different category from say, a chair or a table in the game. And babies fell in the sim category, not the chair one, except for in sims 4. (well maybe they were in the original sims as well, too.)
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Until you can clone babies (not just bassinets, babies) with the eye dropper, I'll think of them as more sim than object.
  • Options
    camman1995 wrote: »
    Until you can clone babies (not just bassinets, babies) with the eye dropper, I'll think of them as more sim than object.

Does that make the coffee in coffee machines alive?
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Or give pizza from the oven the right to vote?
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »

They can vote as to what their toppings are. I'm going to eat them anyway.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Unless they say anchovies... then they lose the ability to vote period.
  • Options
    Unless they say anchovies... then they lose the ability to vote period.
    Anchovies on pizza... barbaric.
  • Options
    TullerionTullerion Posts: 84 Member
    Oh man... if that baby needs to go potty, that family is in deep.... doodoo..
    Feel free to add me to Origin! same name as over there *motions head towards profile pic*
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

Honey I blew up the kid!!

Haha i remember seeing that move in a UA cinema nice reference there .

@muchie885
    Perhaps you should ask Pizza the Hutt
  • Options

I have a badge of that xD
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

I have a badge of that xD

Nonono not Jabba the Hutt Pizza the Hutt