Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help SimGurus, My Sim's Friends Visit Too Much!

Is there some way to turn down the amount of time friends visiting, per day? After their first visit of the day and my sim ask them to leave, they are back 2 sim hours later. Now my sim family have several friends and they visit all through the day, several times a day, all at the same time. I don't mind visitors, but it's a bit much when the house is small, porch is small and they are all out there knocking. That is hilarious but so hard to ignore. Please help! Thank you.
Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Options
    TarôTarô Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2014
    You shouldn't have made those cookies the first time you invited them... I also think that the frequency your friends visit us is too high, my best friend comes knock to my door everyday, and if I ignore her she will come back a few hours later and never stop doing so if she is able to.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Agreed its way too common . my sims wife comes over all the time .
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    I agree the friend visits are too often. I mentioned it in another thread that it's so annoying and causing marriage issues for my sim's family that I might have to kill off one stalker friend just to make it stop!
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    They are like stalkers
  • Options
    AralyneAralyne Posts: 64 Member
    Ugh, tell me about it. In one of the games I'm playing right now, I have at least two "acquaintances" (not even proper friends) at my door every day, and worst yet, one of them just let themselves into my house without me even interacting with them? Is that normal because I've never had that happen in my other game before. This particular household seems extremely popular with random neighbor sims and it's bugging the hell out of me.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    yeah now especially since you can't hear the door bell ring so I can't hear them knocking...my sim broke up with Dina Caliente recently in the game and boy has she been stalking...perhaps...revenge? >:)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I didn't have this problem because after about the third time of Nancy Landgraab visting uninvited after fixing her something to eat, I asked her to leave. Which btw, seemed really rude animation and speech. Anyway, after that she would call before coming over. That was much nicer. Once I had to refuse her she no longer just popped up. Maybe it's the way my Sim did ask her to leave the first time and then refused when she called. I don't know but she stopped dropping by so often, and that was great. I love it in TS2 when they visit. Like the grandparents coming over etc. But not when my house is in total chaos. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I wish we could get a gate to keep them out so those of us who like the visitors can have them and those that don't can lock them out.

Or maybe a big mean guard dog trained to attack any sim who visits more than once a day. >:)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited September 2014
    Agreed its way too common . my sims wife comes over all the time .

Right who does she think she is? Just cause he put a ring on it don't mean nothing!!!!
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Munchie, stop your simself coming over to my place every 2 hours, looking through my windors trying to break in ;)

((if only I had the game so that would actually happen ;)))
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Munchie, stop your simself coming over to my place every 2 hours, looking through my windors trying to break in ;)

My simself wouldn't be there for you! But for your husband <3
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    My sims only has one friend and he knocks on the front door at least two times a day. Creepy.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I like that people stop by everyday since we have loading screens to go anywhere and relationship values and social needs decay pretty quickly. I just wish I had the butler back to answer the door and clean up after the guests. :)
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2014
    We need one of those sign-posts we can stick on our lawn "visitors allowed" or "no visitors allowed". Better yet something like the lock door function (except for the whole lot) where you can decide who you want to be able to visit you.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I do find it annoying that one of Sims had a friend that would come by 3 or 4 times a day if I ignored the friend. Then she would call. If I let her in all she did was break things. She wouldn't hang with my Sim and also cut short their chats in my Sims home so she could just use my Sims stuff. It got to the point I didn't care if her friendship decayed back down to nothing. It was good riddance. So, the way the game is making friends is asking to be stalked day and night.

I do feel the friendship decays way too much, but then I have gotten to the point that my Sims only make friends if it is required, then they drop the stalkers.
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    I so agree, I have the same problem. In fact, my sim's best friend seems to re-appear after only one hour! I've tried ignoring her, saying goodbye and asking her to leave, in fact, after I had my sim say goodbye to her, she just walked into my house and started watching tv :o It's got worse as my sim has just had her boyfriend move in and he has loads of friends, so now there's a constant stream of sims knocking on my door, it's driving me batty lol.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

My simself feels so unloved
    *emotion change music*
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »

My simself feels so unloved
    *emotion change music*

It's okay... if your husband isnt home then we can chat :)
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member

While my sims were having a private wedding, just the 2 of them, in their own garden, the guy's former romantic relationship came up and started banging on their door. She looked mad. My sims just blithely walked around her and went in the house to consummate their marriage.
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    Eliza Pancakes always came to visit my male Sim in a flirty mood. He doesn't even like girls! :s
  • Options
    lady8jane wrote: »
    Eliza Pancakes always came to visit my male Sim in a flirty mood. He doesn't even like girls! :s

Mrs.Pancakes is always at the gym...and she always approaches Don ;D
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Yeah, don't make friends with Bob, he comes over to the house and make everyone sad. No thank you. His daughter always trying to push up on my sims husband. Geesh!
    09-10-14_4-20nbspAM.png
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    nekobear wrote: »

Perhaps I should tell her, that Don visits my Sim Hank on a regular basis ... B)
  • Options
    nekobear wrote: »

Perhaps I should tell her, that Don visits my Sim Hank on a regular basis ... B)

ohhh naughty Don B)