Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funniest Glitch You've Encountered So Far?

fegr42.jpg

He's....floating.. :o

Comments

• Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Not sure if it's a glitch or just part of the "better" routing, but my sims were always sitting on each other... everywhere. And yes that included the toilet once... it was odd
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    I didn't have the baby glitch (which is quite funny), so my glitches have all been rather tame. However, I was playing Sims 3 shortly before Sims 4 came out (newly installed, not external content) and it had a MAJOR glitch. My Sims kept walking around naked and wouldn't wear the correct clothes to work. The didn't even have the correct outfits in their drawers for work. I was pretty surprised the first few times I saw this naked sim (no block-out) just walking around. I didn't know they looked like that under their clothes... :s
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I didn't have the baby glitch (which is quite funny), so my glitches have all been rather tame. However, I was playing Sims 3 shortly before Sims 4 came out (newly installed, not external content) and it had a MAJOR glitch. My Sims kept walking around naked and wouldn't wear the correct clothes to work. The didn't even have the correct outfits in their drawers for work. I was pretty surprised the first few times I saw this naked sim (no block-out) just walking around. I didn't know they looked like that under their clothes... :s

That happens to me too! Omg it was horrifying the first time it happened. I think it's an issue with how glitchy the career outfits are and CC skin, though that's just a guess. Did you have CC skin installed when it happened?
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I was playing Sims 3 shortly before Sims 4 came out (newly installed, not external content) and it had a MAJOR glitch. My Sims kept walking around naked and wouldn't wear the correct clothes to work. The didn't even have the correct outfits in their drawers for work. I was pretty surprised the first few times I saw this naked sim (no block-out) just walking around. I didn't know they looked like that under their clothes... :s
    Lol, nice to know it wasn't just me! I did a fresh install on a new computer and my firefighter sim (who was a woman surrounded by all-male coworkers) would always go to work naked and wander around the station like that. It was really awkward. None of the sims seemed to notice though. She got a promotion and started wearing clothes again lol.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member

That happens to me too! Omg it was horrifying the first time it happened. I think it's an issue with how glitchy the career outfits are and CC skin, though that's just a guess. Did you have CC skin installed when it happened?

I didn't have any CC. It was a fresh install. That's why I thought it was so odd. It was being buggy. I thought maybe it was because they create new patches with new EP, and I hadn't bought any in a while (last was University). Maybe there was a coding error.
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    That was a glitch with Showtime? Anyway, the career outfits became customizable, and this sort of screwed up the whole "change for work" animation and how the game picks out their clothes. Sometimes sims in regular career paths would get just the most random outfits for work that didn't make any sense! People could open CAS with the dresser in game and change their sims work outfit, but if they edited the one the game picked out more problems could happen, you had to make a 2nd work outfit in order for it to work okay. And as for sims with showtime careers, their outfits could become borked after a promotion, you would sign them up for a gig and they'd approach the stage, but then just stand there....doing nothing....because they couldn't figure out how to change into their performance outfit. So once again the player had to go into CAS through a dresser and make a new outfit, and then it would work. So, with that many problems, chances are that...issue....was probably just a graphical error or something like that.

Well, in short though, CC skin was not needed to screw bit of programming that up, the game did that just fine all on it's own hehe
  • Options
    Phoenix1255Phoenix1255 Posts: 167 Member
    I've posted this somewhere before, but this one so far is what takes the cake for me...

fWgeX4E.png

There was also this one time, where it wasn't really a glitch but more so just odd lol, where Bella Goth came over to my sims' house in her formalwear, and the first thing she did, after she let herself in without my permission ( :o ) was take out the trash. Then she looked around for a few seconds and then left. No talking, no reaction, nothing.

I mean, if the house was THAT dirty she could've just called, but whatevs. XD
    I hope the girl sitting next to him was like "Umm, you got something on your face."
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    Also, my child sim had a fork stuck to his right hand. Then it was gone after I took him to CAS. It was weird.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    this happened to my kid sim too, it's pretty creepy
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    KingofSims wrote: »
    fegr42.jpg

He's....floating.. :o

It's not a glitch, it's just David Blaine as a child ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3S0UJHMf0E
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    I kinda hope this is a 'clothing choice' glitch...because only in The Sims can you take a picture of a budding teenage romance and have it photobombed like this. XD

ZDjZbzZ.png

*sigh*...and here I thought the hot dog costume would only appear at parties. Silly me for assuming. :p

Haha, that's so random. :D
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I had the guitar-sticking-to-hand thing. Was really funny when he was trying to eat.

Also had a "really bad clothing" moment. I wanted to check my teen sim's wardrobe, and her formal outfit was ... I don't know, it was like a checked skirt and a striped blouse, with lavender full-length gloves (up above the elbows) and a hat that looked like a man's fedora. I took off the gloves but let her keep the rest. So she's a little eccentric; I have lousy taste in clothes, too.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    I've posted this somewhere before, but this one so far is what takes the cake for me...

fWgeX4E.png

There was also this one time, where it wasn't really a glitch but more so just odd lol, where Bella Goth came over to my sims' house in her formalwear, and the first thing she did, after she let herself in without my permission ( :o ) was take out the trash. Then she looked around for a few seconds and then left. No talking, no reaction, nothing.

I mean, if the house was THAT dirty she could've just called, but whatevs. XD

Looks like he's telling her all about it: "Look I was just sitting there playing my guitar, I guess I hit a bad note or something, but suddenly it just attacked me! Now it refuses to let go of my head."

• Options
    JekaJekaJekaJeka Posts: 94 Member
    Question, is the "costume party" option an unlockable or something ? Because I don't seem to have it.
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    I kinda hope this is a 'clothing choice' glitch...because only in The Sims can you take a picture of a budding teenage romance and have it photobombed like this. XD

ZDjZbzZ.png

*sigh*...and here I thought the hot dog costume would only appear at parties. Silly me for assuming. :p

LOL i was hoping for something ridiculous like this when i came on here :p
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

I have a hot dog show up at my Sims door almost everyday. She's friends with him, but I don't think he was in costume when they became friends.
  • Options
    lozzaloulozzalou Posts: 189 Member
    Yeh, i don't know what happened.....

09-08-14_12-07nbspPM.png

Also one of my teens walked in on her parents having a woohoo and got the thumbs up moodlet and just stood there watching, parents didn't even get the embarrassed moodlet! :s
    www.thehopkinslegacy.wordpress.com

ORIGIN ID: Lozza-xx

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Also this one, the phone got stuck to her hand...it weren't funny it was actually really annoying but yeh lool, wouldn't of minded if it wasn't such a brick of a phone :lol:
    09-06-14_12-26nbspPM.png

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Is that a stretched out child? 0.0

Eatable plates... Didn't know that was thing
    15200904385_04229c7f65_z.jpg

"Feed cake" after saying I do turned into feeding the ring to each other...
    15014115829_f79b8dcab7_z.jpg
    15200530702_63e1a84a31_z.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    lozzalou wrote: »

09-08-14_12-07nbspPM.png

Also one of my teens walked in on her parents having a woohoo and got the thumbs up moodlet and just stood there watching, parents didn't even get the embarrassed moodlet! :s
    PEEK A BOO!! Hahahaha that's hilarious
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    lozzalou wrote: »

09-08-14_12-07nbspPM.png

PEEK A BOO!! Hahahaha that's hilarious

hahaha :')

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    AmyMFAmyMF Posts: 32 Member
    I don't have a picture on hand, but one of my sims was stuck with a floating fork that would appear around them as they performed various actions. He proposed to his girlfriend, and all of my pictures are haunted by that dang floating fork....:)