Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Impression and Experience with The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lynny wrote: »
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    Good Lord you're so nit-picky!

I just played over 10 hours today on a single sim and I enjoyed it very much.

When you pay for something you are entitled to be nit-picky if you like. If this game was free I could see you criticizing her for this, but alas it is not.

She knew, well in advance, and was one of the advocates AGAINST this game. So why did she buy it?

She didn't have to since she was armed with all the information she needed to make her decision. Yet she still did....why don't you ask her why?

You seem to be taking personal offense to her critique of the game. Why are you so invested in her opinion to the point of distress?

It's not personal offense. But it seems quite silly for someone who was so primarily against it, to go out and buy it and then say I knew I didn't like it.....

In fact, what I'm pointing out is the hypocrisy. I would have respected her more if she didn't go buy it, and had have stood her ground.

She has always, and continually said it's RPG, it was online til it was canned. It's a crap game. She has been just like the sims 3 University rebel. Standing on the soapbox about how bad it is....

2165750003001_l.jpg?cb=1402547005

So why go buy it and then complain more?

Because if she despises it she can return it? Because she wants to see if she's wrong? Because firsthand experience is better for making decisions than secondhand?
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Good review Cinebar. :)
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    I liked Dr. Who until I saw the creepy flat Lady Cassandra... who gave me horrible nightmares...
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

When you pay for something you are entitled to be nit-picky if you like. If this game was free I could see you criticizing her for this, but alas it is not.

She knew, well in advance, and was one of the advocates AGAINST this game. So why did she buy it?

She didn't have to since she was armed with all the information she needed to make her decision. Yet she still did....why don't you ask her why?

Because you called us haters. I wanted to prove a point, haters have legit reservations. Everyone was saying everyone should try it. O.K. I did. Not saying it's a horrible game, just saying it's very different from anything from the series for PC so far. That's saying a lot after fourteen years and counting. And it didn't live up to easy, runs like a dream on my machine as promised. I hope they do fix the bugs and problems. But right now, it is very limited game play as far as sandbox to me.

I disagree completely. I have NOT been in any thread calling anyone "haters". Ever. All I ever do is say what I think.

You got a link to me calling people haters?

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member

Actually, I would rather ask you why you are so defensive? Your resorting to name calling suggests as much and I suspect that you find her criticisms well-founded. Perhaps the truth hurts a bit.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    We spend hours in the forums trying to convince people with issues the game is worth it - Cinebar, as someone on the "not sure if like/want" fence decides to try it given they have a return option and see firsthand and after finding she likes some things and dislikes others plus having performance problems comes here to share those findings and gets blasted in turn.

This is not how we encourage others on the fence/negative side of the pool to play ball. It just says to others "if you buy it after saying you dislike it to try it and then say something were gonna mangle you in the forums for it!"

It brings all of us down in doing so :(
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Thank you Inanna. As I said yesterday, if someone would still call me a hater, after I tried the game for myself, and well, we see they didn't waste time. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you do or don't. There is no winning with this crowd. It's a fair game, for what it is. There are many cute multitasking in this game, but if anyone thinks it can surpass the TS2 or event the TS3 for that matter, it's going to need a lot more as far as I am concerned. It's just way different than the games we loved in the past.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2014

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:
    This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12619001#Comment_12619001

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited September 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »

Thank you Inanna. As I said yesterday, if someone would still call me a hater, after I tried the game for myself, and well, we see they didn't waste time. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if you do or don't. There is no winning with this crowd. It's a fair game, for what it is. There are many cute multitasking in this game, but if anyone thinks it can surpass the TS2 or event the TS3 for that matter, it's going to need a lot more as far as I am concerned. It's just way different than the games we loved in the past.

Yes I agree.
    I am sure there are some improvements but I have to go with Krammy on this, it is not the game for me.
    I do appreciate people like you who have tried it and taken the time out to write reviews.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    lynny wrote: »

You seem to be taking personal offense to her critique of the game. Why are you so invested in her opinion to the point of distress?

It's not personal offense. But it seems quite silly for someone who was so primarily against it, to go out and buy it and then say I knew I didn't like it.....

In fact, what I'm pointing out is the hypocrisy. I would have respected her more if she didn't go buy it, and had have stood her ground.

She has always, and continually said it's RPG, it was online til it was canned. It's a crap game. She has been just like the sims 3 University rebel. Standing on the soapbox about how bad it is....

2165750003001_l.jpg?cb=1402547005

So why go buy it and then complain more?

Because when you're against something, it's good to know why. At least now she knows exactly what she doesn't like and why, she's not going off of hearsay.
  • Options
    Here's my final thoughts for the night. I don't care how long you've been "on the forums", you don't hold any weight in my eyes any more than any of us other players who have been playing sims from the start and haven't been "on the forums".

Your word is not gold any more than mine. Your whining doesn't pull any more weight than me just not buying what I don't like. Or don't want.

You don't like it? Any of you, not just OP, that's fine. Go back to 3, or 2....or wait for 5.
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    Here's the thing, if someone doesn't want to adapt to change in a video game, they don't have to.

There's no reason to insult them for having "no adaptability skills." Video games are something people do for fun. If something comes along that changes it, and you don't enjoy it, you're no longer going to have fun. It has nothing to do with "adaptability skills," there's no reason that someone who doesn't want to adapt should be obligated to do so when we're talking about leisure activities.

Let the person have his say, and if you disagree, do like most of the rest of us and move along.
  • Options
    At least I know now, if it topped the TS2 base for me...No, it didn't..though it is somewhat fun. I even know I was thinking about the TS3 when looking down the road and wishing my Sim could walk farther down the street to go near those nice fake houses, and see in their windows. Lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Halle_M wrote: »

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:
    This IS the right product. And I hope there's more growth and that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and whiners don't ruin it for us that love it.

That's not "haters".

• Options
    edited September 2014

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:

That's not "haters".

You're right. It's WORSE.
    fullspiral wrote:
  • Options
    AeroSimmer wrote: »
    I think it's still safe to say TS2 was the best game :smile: I like TS4 for what it is... like you said. The new social interactions are really neat. I like how it's more casual. You introduce yourself to someone, they hit it off and they go sit down on the couch or at a table to continue their conversation. You can even introduce yourself to other Sims and continue talking the one you're already talking to. The new Sim just comes up and joins in on the conversation. I was sitting around the bar in Willow Creek and a Sim I had introduced myself while having a group talk came over and sat right next to me after another Sim got up and left. That... I really like.

Like you, however, I feel the emotions are going to get annoying REALLY quick. I also don't like Whims and Emotions dictating what my Sim wants and should do. And have you showered in this game yet? My gosh! Why did it take my Sim nearly 2.5 Sim hours to shower? I admit, her hygiene was low... but 2.5 hours? She was dirty, but she didn't just finish rolling around in MUD!

Also--I'm OK with them eliminating the open town and bringing us neighborhoods and loading screens. However, the hoods are not that big... what? Five lots make one up... TOPS. There's no reason we should have to sit through a load screen just to visit our neighbors house.

Overall--love the multitasking: watching Cooking channel to gain skill, eat dinner AND talk to your roommate... all at once. Love that! I adore the Sims colorful new vibrant look. Social interactions and group discussions are a big plus for me. However, does that make up for less life stages, no CASt, more loading screens than I thought, less jobs (at least it seems like we have less career options) and NO DISHWASHERS?! They eliminate newspapers because everything is done from your cell phone now-a-days, but here we are washing dishes by hand?!

Overall--I give base game a C+. The good news... I think it has potential with expansion packs to improve. The sad part... there's another $50 just to make our $60 game better. Gotta love EA!

I think your review of how I feel about this game is indeed much alike. The Multitasking is very nice, at times, sometimes a little annoying when things don't drop down into the queue because of the multitasking already in progress. I found myself cancelling actions often since I needed the good doctor to get on with it since he was always hungry, always needed a shower and always wanting a bathtub. Lol. I might give it a C++ if that is possible, but yeah, It needs a lot more and like you said there starts the money train.
  • Options

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:

That's not "haters".

No. What's the worst is that people who hate this game keep coming to talk about how much they hate it and what's wrong with it (in their eyes)

The game is one of the BEST of the series. It will rival 2 when all is said and done. 3 doesn't even deserve an honorable mention in the running.

We're talking SIMS here. Not any other game.

• Options

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:

That's not "haters".

No. What's the worst is that people who hate this game keep coming to talk about how much they hate it and what's wrong with it (in their eyes)

The game is one of the BEST of the series. It will rival 2 when all is said and done. 3 doesn't even deserve an honorable mention in the running.

No. What's the worst is that you state your opinion as fact and dismiss everyone that doesn't agree with you as whining, plumming, and moaning.

• Options

That's your opinion. And by the way, while people with a different opinion than you may be "the worst" thing in your world, on this board, it is against the Terms Of Service to use that kind of language. You've broken two of the forum rules.
    - No Swearing. Foul language will not be tolerated. Swearing via substitution of key letters with symbols is against the rules. (Example: If "horse" were a swear word and it was posted as "h****").

- No Flaming. No Trolling. Flaming is intentionally posting hurtful, insulting, or harassing messages to others. Trolling is deliberately posting sarcastic, off topic, or rude remarks in order to incite a fight on the boards. Take the high road and be polite. Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    yes, continue to amuse me with your bickering, my children.
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:

That's not "haters".

As much as I didn't like the TS3 as those who bought everything to do with it, I have to say once you play the TS3 you do long for being able to get to the other houses without a loading screen. I still play TS2 more than any other game and that is saying a lot because I have played hundreds of games of all types. It's just a matter of taste. But TS3 isn't really the worst game ever. It was only the Sim that needed improved which they could have done in many different EPs. We all knew the AI was bad, and the engine wouldn't support a lot of things we wanted, but funny how they store could come up with them, but anyway, I think you actually fear this game won't last just like many of us loved the TSM for what it was, and others didn't. The same will happen here. If not enough love the TS4 then it will be dropped just like the TSM, eventually. And that is what many of you fear. I don't blame you, though, I wanted them to expand the TSM but not enough people agreed with me on that one.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Sure.
    fullspiral wrote:

That's not "haters".

Thats what a forum is for. To talk about the good and the bad. If you don't like other people voicing thier opinions, you are in the wrong place. You are entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to thiers. You don't need to start name calling, and trying to shove your opinion down peoples throats. Thats why they are called opinions, and not facts. If you are so in love with the game, why are you here talking about it instead of playing it? If I was enjoying it so much, you wouldn't be able to drag me away.

We are talking about the Sims, it's unfortunate many of us feel this game doesn't actually resemble a Sims game, as it is now. So you can stop trying to badger people into thinking like you, it isn't going to work anyway.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have no fear they will drop TS4, TS4 is here to stay.

I do believe the simmers who like the game out weighs the ones who don't.

Plus a lot of the players who said they hate the game & wouldn't buy it or wait say they'll wait Til it's on sale...have gotten the game and the game has been out for a week.

Wait Til the first ep comes out, more will be intrigued and buy it.....

• Options
    I have no fear they will drop TS4, TS4 is here to stay.

I agree with you 100%.
  • Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    AeroSimmer wrote: »
    I liked Dr. Who until I saw the creepy flat Lady Cassandra... who gave me horrible nightmares...

"Moisturize me, moisturize me!"

Zwdtm8.png