Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Impression and Experience with The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Good Lord you're so nit-picky!

I just played over 10 hours today on a single sim and I enjoyed it very much.

Well, not everyone in the world is like you....
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Uh, if something is frustrating me, then guess what, I probably won't play it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This is OP

" I can't do this like I remember from 2, I have trouble with this, and this doesn't work like how I think it should, and I know I could do this, and this, and there was this and this....."

This isn't about catering THIS game to YOU.

It is if they want my money.

So you want them to change EVERYTHING so that YOU can play.....

You have no adaptability skills? You can't see how to work things in a new way?
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    My gripe with camera controls is how broken/screwy edge scroll is right now >_<

Bottom edge scroll is useless. I finally just started using left click to move the screen around because it was driving me nuts not getting the mouse placed exactly right. And the fact that it doesn't work at all in build mode.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    camman1995 wrote: »
    ... and or a death flower protection, or something if I want to keep a favorite Sim. You know.

I know you have much disdain for goal based gameplay, but if you get a sim to complete the writer aspiration they can then write the Book of Life. Using it on a sim before they die lets you revive them once they do, so long as another sim is around to read it.

Yes, I read that. But what protection is in this game to protect on single Sim from dying by mistake other than go back to a previous save. I don't mind the unexpected ever in the series but some Sims are special.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member

When you pay for something you are entitled to be nit-picky if you like. If this game was free I could see you criticizing her for this, but alas it is not.

• Options
    This is OP

" I can't do this like I remember from 2, I have trouble with this, and this doesn't work like how I think it should, and I know I could do this, and this, and there was this and this....."

What's the purpose of this? Cinebar gave her opinion on how the game is. There's no reason to come in for the sole purpose of arguing that her opinion is invalid (it isn't). You're essentially just picking a fight.
  • Options
    DarkMirage wrote: »

When you pay for something you are entitled to be nit-picky if you like. If this game was free I could see you criticizing her for this, but alas it is not.

I'm aware of who it is that is saying I'm nit picking. I gave my honest impression. The other person is know for calling all of us who had deep reservations lots of names. Take their comment with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    This is OP

Kiss off.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

Bottom edge scroll is useless. I finally just started using left click to move the screen around because it was driving me nuts not getting the mouse placed exactly right. And the fact that it doesn't work at all in build mode.

Yes, even in full screen it is bothersome.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    So much poking at someone who shared a well constructed opinion. I disagree a fair amount with Cinebar but that hardly invalidates the genuine feedback they provided and I'm glad it was provided. If we say nothing and only those "liking" the games give biased feedback, how can we expect good changes to some of the issues?
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Sorry Cinebar. When I first came to this forum, I thought I respected you. But all I see is a whiner.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Nevermind. I totally misread. :p
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    @Cinebar I'm sorry but the performance issues are down to your hardware. TS4 is rock solid so far technically.
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

Yes, even in full screen it is bothersome.
    This was the first thing i noticed. Bottom scroll only works if you keep your cursor just above the ui itself. I use right mouse to move the camera.

• Options

She knew, well in advance, and was one of the advocates AGAINST this game. So why did she buy it?

She didn't have to since she was armed with all the information she needed to make her decision. Yet she still did....why don't you ask her why?

• Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    Really? This is one of the Sims games where I felt like I could do what I want and it still had extra stuff there if I just ever wanted to do it. It feels greatly like TS2 only beefed up to the max with extra content and features which is a win for me. ((I love TS2 and this is TS2 on steroids!)) And that's so weird you get lag. I play on possibly the worst computer for gaming ever and haven't had any lag and that's with 14 save games and game time clocked mostly non stop since it came out.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member

She knew, well in advance, and was one of the advocates AGAINST this game. So why did she buy it?

She didn't have to since she was armed with all the information she needed to make her decision. Yet she still did....why don't you ask her why?

She's still within the refund period y'know...
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Why so if she didn't try it you could continue to complain about people complaining, who "didn't give the game a chance?" Why do you care why she tried it? It really is none of your buisness. If you don't like her opinion, leave her thread. The world doesn't revolve around you either.
  • Options
    Sorry Cinebar. When I first came to this forum, I thought I respected you. But all I see is a whiner.

Wha, whaa ,whaa. I never said TS4 sucks in my review. I decided I would tell how it played on my machine. Which is disappointing. I like my Sim, but my Sim needs to jump to my tune, and they always have. That is a bit frustrating but if the performance would have held out, I am sure I could have whipped this Sim into shape, despite how the game wants me to play this Sim. I have never been one to play how EA wants players to play. And I'm sure if I wanted to find a way around the goals and or whims and had more time I would. That is what is fun about the series. EA says here...we want you to play this game this way, and I have always said nope, you through in this over here and I'm going to use that to make fun for my game...that is why so many love the series.
  • Options
    AngelkinsAngelkins Posts: 295 Member
    lynny wrote: »

You seem to be taking personal offense to her critique of the game. Why are you so invested in her opinion to the point of distress?

This. Completely this.

• Options
    lynny wrote: »

You seem to be taking personal offense to her critique of the game. Why are you so invested in her opinion to the point of distress?

It's not personal offense. But it seems quite silly for someone who was so primarily against it, to go out and buy it and then say I knew I didn't like it.....

In fact, what I'm pointing out is the hypocrisy. I would have respected her more if she didn't go buy it, and had have stood her ground.

She has always, and continually said it's RPG, it was online til it was canned. It's a crap game. She has been just like the sims 3 University rebel. Standing on the soapbox about how bad it is....

2165750003001_l.jpg?cb=1402547005

So why go buy it and then complain more?

• Options

Because you called us haters. I wanted to prove a point, haters have legit reservations. Everyone was saying everyone should try it. O.K. I did. Not saying it's a horrible game, just saying it's very different from anything from the series for PC so far. That's saying a lot after fourteen years and counting. And it didn't live up to easy, runs like a dream on my machine as promised. I hope they do fix the bugs and problems. But right now, it is very limited game play as far as sandbox to me.