Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COURT MAFIA

Comments

• Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,737 Member
    Emily and Renee didn't do anything that I could accuse them...
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Guys I'm going to head to bed now, it's late where I am.
    I'd imagine the jury are asleep too so doubt a decision will be made before I wake up.
    Continue bringing people to the stand and what not just remember if you bring somebody up then you have to dismiss them too, don't just leave them up there. :)
    I'm sure Turner is around though so it's his game he can mind it. ( side note, I don't know Alleen or Turner really but I'm just saying their gender based on their avi's correct me if I'm wrong )

Ok night :)
  • Options
    Can I go to bed...? I have to go to work in a few hours...
  • Options
    Sorry guys... :'( Good night!
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Can you explain the actions of me, Skelda, and Rockley that has made you suspicious of us?

I think I may go to bed soon. I am a little tired even though it is 8:34 pm my time and like Rockley has said, I believe the jury is asleep so we may have to wait a while before we get a decision.

Alleen, you can go to bed. Just be sure to remember to answer my question sometime before this trial ends.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Will do
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    Looks like this is going into Monday. Fun...
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    Skelda wrote: »

*sighs* yep. And I'm gonna be gone a fair bit of the day tomorrow. We didn't get started until Saturday morning... and this format seems to take a while.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    I'm going to bed in about 30 mins. I might be able to pop on a little bit before school but I won't be active really until 1ish?
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    I won't be around until 3 EDT.

Dismiss Alleen
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    How I am still awake is beyond me but I won't be here for a big part of tomorrow either. :( Night all
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Marvelissa wrote: »

*sighs* yep. And I'm gonna be gone a fair bit of the day tomorrow. We didn't get started until Saturday morning... and this format seems to take a while.

Well no surprise there. :P Knew that was going to happen, because yes, this format of the game does take awhile, unfortunately.
    .... but these Accusation Periods and trials haven't exactly been short either. XD They could be shorter.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Okay... before I go to work...

I was suspicious of Skelda because in the beginning he took the mafia's side but i don't think that anymore...
    Jake i'm suspicious of you because you took all this acussers of mine's side
    and the judge... I'm suspicious of him because of Turner's rules on page 1...: 1 Judge (town-aligned OR mafia-aligned)(known by public)
    So can I just ask the Jury and the Judge to open your eyes and see how the mafia is misleading you to send an innocent townie to her death...

Okay now I'm finish and for the next 10 hours I won't be able to come here because i'm at work...
  • Options
    Aw sorry Renee, shame to lose the detective so early on too.

Are you guys allowed to talk about what happened in the jury chat or does that have to stay private?

Yes, you are allowed to talk about what was said in Jury chats. Of course, you cannot actually quote someone and definitely cannot take a picture of it.
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Marvelissa wrote: »

Well no surprise there. :P Knew that was going to happen, because yes, this format of the game does take awhile, unfortunately.
    .... but these Accusation Periods and trials haven't exactly been short either. XD They could be shorter.
    I think the fact that we have a fair amount of people in GMT timezone this game doesn't help either. A big time zone spread is difficult in this format. XD
    If you host this again you should probably start it earlier.
    But, true. Not really sure how to shorten the accusation periods/trials. I would've been able to help discuss (though idk if it would've actually moved it any faster) if I didn't have to try to communicate with vague gifs this time, lol.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    Sorry guys... I still have fun and love you all... <3 Now i'm off to work... Wish me good luck because it's going to be a loooong day :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Cm is 5 hours behind GMT so is that EST? It's really unlike cm to miss a game so it must be something like rl keeping her again, especially since she wanted to play. I don't want to vote against her for inactivity but i rather that than someone who is playing. Since she said she didn't get her role we are unable to go on anything else but the inactivity.

That's what she said...

So yes, for future reference, this is not allowed.

You can paraphrase what someone said in a jury chat, but you can't actually QUOTE them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    Lissa do this.

First gif be a reaction to case against alleen

second gif be a reaction to case against jake

This is similar to Morse Code, which is one of the very few ways a silenced person or someone "in jail" can communicate. I'll allow it. :)

During actual court sessions, however, I don't think someone in jail should be able to post AT ALL...... UNLESS. They are called on the stand. ;)

And for future reference, people in jail are NOT ALLOWED to agree, disagree, or like a game-related post. It's an unfair advantage for someone who uses Firefox, because those people can see who made the reaction, while others who don't use firefox cannot.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Lissa do this.

First gif be a reaction to case against alleen

second gif be a reaction to case against jake

This is similar to Morse Code, which is one of the very few ways a silenced person or someone "in jail" can communicate. I'll allow it. :)

During actual court sessions, however, I don't think someone in jail should be able to post AT ALL...... UNLESS. They are called on the stand. ;)

Thank you for confirming. :)

And yeah, I agree. Well, since the court session started I've only been posting about things that aren't really specifically game related; is what I've said okay, or should I be shutting up right about now? XD

As for the agree/disagree/like thing: alright. I'd been doing that, sorry.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    Majestyk wrote: »
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    He can, but then I want Skelda for my laywer

That only happens if he offers. Unfortunately that was allowed in the first game I kinda liked that version better. @Turner what happened to the random assign you talked about for if someone wasn't offered a lawyer? Change your mind?

Because of the ranking system, I didn't like the idea of a lawyer getting chosen if they didn't want the job.
    And the way I see it, if NO ONE wants to be someone's lawyer, I don't think they really deserve one anyway. :P CM didn't have a lawyer only because she wasn't talking, no one could really defend that. I think in most cases (pun unintended), someone will always stand up to be a lawyer, just because of the chance of being immune, and that you have the ability to talk freely.

This is still a test run though, since the game is not fully developed. ;) So I'm definitely open to all and any suggestions. No rules are set in stone yet.
  • Options
    If you guys have seen drama that hqppens in survivor this is nothing xD so k would necessarily call this drama, just arguments or whatever, but its certainly not a good positive attitude. But wharves, jm sure you dont mean it personally towads each other in a nasty negative way, or whatever. I dunno, lol.

Mafia is intense. It happens. :)
    I just ask that it never ever ever becomes personal. That's not okay.

I've seen things get personal over at the Survivor thread, and I don't approve.
  • Options
    Whoever you're fighting against this week could be your ally next week

Good quote!
  • Options
    Lawyers for hire

HIRED
    Attorney: Skelda
    Preferred Client: The Defendent
    Cases won: 1/1
    Ranking: "Second day on the job!"

HIRED
    Attorney: Jake
    Preferred Client: The Plaintiff
    Cases won: 0/0
    Ranking: "First day on the job!"

Thanks for doing this by the way, Rockley!

And if anyone was curious, Skelda's ranking would have been: "Best Lawyer in Town!" :P

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    I'm back everyone. I have a very bad sleep schedule (or I just plain have very little sleep time)
    If you guys have seen drama that hqppens in survivor this is nothing xD so k would necessarily call this drama, just arguments or whatever, but its certainly not a good positive attitude. But wharves, jm sure you dont mean it personally towads each other in a nasty negative way, or whatever. I dunno, lol.

Mafia is intense. It happens. :)
    I just ask that it never ever ever becomes personal. That's not okay.

I've seen things get personal over at the Survivor thread, and I don't approve.

Yeah, another thing, I don't want for people to say racial/homophobic slurs as that right there is way out of line in my opinion. If somebody in a reality show of mine said those kinds of words, then I will force-eliminate them in a heartbeat.

And if things get way personal at the Survivor thread, then I probably should not just plain go there as the reality shows in Stories and Legacies never really got into really personal fights as we understand that it is a game and a majority of us are gonna lose.

Also, I have a question. Can the person in jail be sent to a stand? Because the rules stated that "In Jail, you may not bring someone to court, although you can be brought to court by someone else." I'm not sure if this means that they go to a court as a defendant or they can be brought to stand.

The reason why I ask this because Lissa has been very vocal about lynching Alleen through gifs yet due to the current state that she is in, she never really had a chance to say why she wants to lynch Alleen. So, if the person in jail can be brought to stand, can I send Lissa to be stand to see why she wants to lynch Alleen (or why does she not in case she somehow changed her mind)?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    NEW RULEs(?)

If you are on the stand, you may NOT vote.
    Not only is that realistic, but it makes it fairer. One side could theoretically hog the stand the whole time, not allowing the other Lawyer to put someone on the stand.
    So Lawyers would actually be dismissing people from the stand often so that they can vote as part of the Jury.... Unless.... the person on the stand is in jail, in which case they don't get to vote anyway. :P

Or, if you guys prefer, we could just put a time limit on how long someone is on the stand. Like 2 hours.

OR, 3rd option: There's two stands simultaneously. One for each side, Plaintiff and Defendant.

EDIT: or even a 4th option... there's no limits to how often a lawyer summons a person to the stand. They can just keep rotating, summoning and dismissing.

Or some combination of the 4. :?
    Post edited by Turner on