Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    I had a skill bar stuck above my sim constantly even when not doing anything. It stopped doing that when I closed the game and played it later, but I thought I would let people know. I really like the game so far despite the few small bugs I have noticed.
  • Options
    MysticsimsMysticsims Posts: 4 New Member
    I hate it bc it wont stop crashing -.-
  • Options
    mshell772mshell772 Posts: 49 Member
    I was expecting to be bored without the missing content that is discussed all over the boards. I truly thought I was going to purchase it, peek inside, and wait to get into playing come the expansions. I was wrong.

I love the sims, themselves. The new interactions are wonderful. The new features in build mode are fantastic. The multitasking is probably my favorite of the new features. The multitasking adds so much more realism, as well as helps with time management, which is a huge issue.

There are some things I do not like, as well. I hate the town. I feel like there was a huge step backwards there. It is pretty, mind you, but I am no fan of all the loading, nor of lack of SP.

As far as building goes, leaving out the create a style takes away from the fun in building. While the new features in building rock, the lack of Create a style makes me enjoy building much less. I, personally, would have chosen create a style over the new build features.

The sounds from emotional state change are driving me nuts. Also, The states change to rapidly, in my opinion. I think a better way to have this feature would have been some sort of time determination. For instance, I am in a bad mood. To get in a good mood all I need to do is change rooms. Then back for instant bad mood. What would seem more realistic would be a gradual increase or decrease in my mood depending on how long I am near x emotional factor, adjusting the speed of increase or decrease according to scale of emotional impact. Just an idea.

I also hate that there is no SP. I love my sims having relationships with the neighbors. Or my child sim and her best friend growing up together and marrying after college. I HATE that that is really no longer possible. I hate that my neighbor can't surprisingly have a baby or marry, or progress as I do, other than in age. Missing SP is probably the largest let down in the game, for me.

Lastly, I really hate the idea of premium service. I know it is just a rumor, at this moment, but should it be true, I would be truely disappointed. This isn't an mmo that requires a server, so I am confused on what I would need to be subscribing for.

While I have some disappointments, I still love the game. It is a mix, IMO, of great additions, and great loss. Much of the loss I am hoping (praying!) to see added in time.

Thanks for the new game! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I like the loading screens and the fact that I don't have to wait three sim hours for my sims to come home. The sims are dynamic. Friendships are more difficult to build, but making friends in real life is more difficult and I find it more realistic. I am annoyed that my sims' friends knock on the door every day to hang out, but it does remind me that they have friends. Multi-tasking is a dream come true. The spouses are maintaining relationships and parents are friends with children simply by talking to each other when they are in the same room doing different things.
    I like the pregnancy test. I like that as soon as work or school is over my sim is home, but that I can still select for them to "work hard" or other options like the sims 3. The search in build/buy is great and pre-made rooms are wonderful as well. An improvement on blueprint mode from sims 3 which I also liked. I didn't care much for toddlers in the sims 3 so I'm not heartbroken over them being gone and there is a lot more for children. I have found some glitches or bugs that are a little annoying, but nothing that is lasting.
    I find this game combines things I loved in sims 2 and missed and things I liked in sims 3. There are improvements and it is far from perfect, but I'm not finding such negatives as some other people. If you want a clone of sims 3 then the sims 3 is still there and expecting this game to be a clone with better graphics to be more realistic is exactly what many people would complain about. I actually like the cartoon look.

I would like to add that I think I will actually play with more of the families like I did in sims 2 instead of worrying about how many saves I had due to lag. I did think I'd have to wait for expansions to enjoy, but I don't feel too limited except for the town. The towns are small and have little in them, but each town isn't a new landscape with the same venues which is nice. If I want to go to the museum that is in one town and the gym is in the other. I do find there is a limit on decor options a bit.

I can't seem to slim down my sim--he's this massive wall of muscle, but I can't get his build to slim down while still maintaining muscle.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    GLITCH HERE!-

There is a glitch when you categorize a lot as "generic" and build on it, then when you send a sims to visit, NO OTHER sim comes, they just walk buy, but there are TONS of sims with the other lot types.
  • Options
    almariandaalmarianda Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2014
    *edit cuz [b] [/b] doesn't work...

I bought the game on Origin for download on the 4th of sept.
    Started playing it for about 4-5 hours on sept 5.
    Then I returned it.

This game is not for me.

I have played Sims 1, 2 and 3 - but there are some things I can't play without.

Sims 4 vs Sims 3

Toddlers - they were introduced in Sims 2 and give nice age gaps between the sims. Sims 3 wins, cuz sims 4 doesnt have it.

Open hood - The seamless hood that was introduced in Sims 3 is now a must for me. In the morning carpool to work and after work run some errands and then jog home, while on the way pass grandparents house to help them with whatever they need. Sims 3 wins.

Free will vs My will - The sims 4 ARE smarter, they will close the book to go and eat or pee or do other when they need/want to. But I keep thinking, this is my game, my virtual dolls, I am God here and I will decide who do what when I want. So sims 3 wins here too.

Friends - not one of my sims in Sims 4 made any friends at work or school, this too me is very weird... Sims 3 wins.

Babies - in sims 4 they are an interactive object only available thru crib, in Sims 3 they had traits, you could take them with you and because of this Sims 3 wins.

Pregnancy - sims 4 pregs are a bit weird but still in one way better. The need to pee increase, any clothes can be used, physical alternation pass as real as time goes but the labour thing is just baaaad. Your sim can be in labour as long as you wish and she will continue doing stuff but doesn't deliver until you click on the action on the crib. The games are tied. Sims 3 is good as it is, Sims 4 is better in one way but worse in another.

Emotions- I like the fact that my sim can perform better due to one emotion and its not as hard as I thought to get out of it. This is an upgrade compared to Sims 3. And Sims 4 wins.

Buy objects- Sims 3 wins loud and clear. Firstly, in sims 4 some objects are locked to skills or jobs, shouldn't I decide if my sim should learn that skill? What about legacy challenges? It won't work with those! Then it is the look of some objects. Personally I feel there are more detail to Sims 3 objects, and the fact that I can custumize them - yup Sims 3 wins.

Careers - there are more options from Sims 3 base game than in Sims 4. Sims 3 wins again.

Public Lots - The lots are nice and always a few sims there, compared to Sims 3 where my sim could be completely alone. Sims 4 would have won this if it wasn't for the fact that the other sims in my houshold can't be controlled or seen. Sims 3 wins.

Worlds - I like that the sims can move between the two places without losing friends etc. And I like that more sims are active around my sims house. I don't like it cuz its not an open world and cuz of the loading of lots. 50/50 here. No winner.

Social interactions - sims 4 wins. There are more interactions to choose from at start, easy to tell them apart and just as Sims 3 there are more as the relationship goes. The sims in Sims 4 ARE more social.

Multitask - this is an upgrade compared to Sims 3. Sims 4 wins.

The list goes further than this, but I have honestly given this new game a good try.

I will go back to play Sims 3 and hope that in ten years when (if) Sims 5 come it will have the base game stuff from all Sim series together.

I will probably never stop loving the Sims and keep playing when I'm 80.
    Post edited by almarianda on
    Simmer since 2001
    Sims 3 still rules! <3
  • Options
    almariandaalmarianda Posts: 55 Member
    [quote="iheartsims16;12593841"]Dear EA,

I have been a simmer for the past three years. I am 12 years old. You have destroyed my life by not making TS4 available on a Mac. I will be committing suicide in three weeks if not given a reply saying that you will have the mac version out soon. It is all your fault you donkey 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shiteaters. Thanks for reading!

-iheartsims16[/quote]

Until they release it on Mac - continue play Sims 3! Threats or trolling - both unforgivable in the eyes of a true Sim lover.
    Simmer since 2001
    Sims 3 still rules! <3
  • Options
    lipsugar wrote: »
    Finally the 5th midnight. I can play the sims. Well after a few crashes (apparently the game doesn't like some of the saved households from the gallery. So took out probably most my stuff from the tray folder.<br />
    Okay so far. I am liking all the little things i am noticing. <br />
    <br />
    Game looks beautiful. (really beautiful)<br />
    It's so bright and pretty<br />
    I love how the Sims eat (the animation is so cute of the sims eating)<br />
    My sim ran into Bob Pancake (that made me smile)<br />
    I love the wheelie bin. That's my bin<br />
    The music on the radio is superb.<br />
    Love the electronic station <br />
    <br />
    I need to explore more. So this is just a quick review.<br />
    <br />
    The new dance moves are adorable too<br />
    Sims do seem more intelligent (my sims carried his food with him so he could continue chatting to the other sims in the room sitting on the couch.)<br />
    <br />
    I am not missing toddlers but that is just me. <br />
    I love the clothes selection. Some really interesting outfits.<br />
    I still need lipstick for my male sims. <br />
    I struggled figuring out how to turn a object in another direction when placing furniture. (finally figured it out) <br />
    Buiding mode is easier<br />
    Sims look good. Really good and alive. (seeing gameplay on videos does not do the sims justice. They are beautiful. I love the faces they make.<br />
    <br />
    Still getting use to the interface. (that shows the sims needs) I think i hate the white background and the green and it looks so big when i click on it. It will take some getting use to. The other menus i can live with.<br />
    <br />
    The gallery. <br />
    Well i miss the Sims 3 create a sim (liked having my sims in the saved sims folder) Looking at tray folder it grows really quickly and looks messy. I guess everyone is going the way of online. I have my consoles for that. I just keep thinking the gallery is going to crash and the sims you didn't share will be lost (because i have already lost half the 200 households i made with the demo) They were'nt all mine. Anyway for the moment i am not downloading anyone households in case it crashes my game again.<br />
    <br />
    I am glad i got this game. I got the digital deluxe version (so i could play at midnight) even though the Physical copy of the collectors Edition is being delivered tomorrow and my Collectors Prima game guide. (yes i am obsessed when it comes to the Sims)<br />
    <br />
    I think the game runs flawless and much faster having smaller neighbourhoods even though my Gaming PC could probably handle more. It's good that everyone can just dive straight into the game without worrying if their PC can handle it. (sims 3 was forever loading objects) <br />
    <br />
    I really need to explore the game some more now. I have barely done anything. I guess new clothes and furniture will come in stuff packs. I miss the sims 3 store and it was weird seeing my sims having to pay to cook their meals. I want a grocery store. (i would love one like the sims 2 had )<br />
    <br />
    Foods look really good (makes me hungry)<br />
    Hate the white outline on the sims<br />
    <br />
    Love the game so far and see it's going to be long weekend of simming and probably next week too. Okay who i'm i kidding, this is probably going to take up quite a bit of my time now. Will be hard to go back to sims 3.

The sims you made are in a different area of the gallery. I thought I lost all of mine, but then found them in a separate area where I could download them into the sims 4 since they were in CAS gallery previously. I don't know if you knew that, but I thought I would share in case someone else had that issue and didn't realize that when you click gallery and mine that's not the same as the mine in CAS demo.

• Options
    Vlydia713Vlydia713 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2014
    Suzicube wrote: »
    I must be missing something here but where are the dishwashers and the food processors. The only small appliances are coffee makers, microwaves and a tea maker? Where is the trash compactor?

<br />
    <br />
    I won't go over everything I don't like because everyone else pretty much said it. I am enjoying the game so far but I'm not sure how long it will keep my attention because of so many things missing and I'm not talking pools. There is ONE bar and nowhere to go eat so you can go on a date? <br />
    <br />
    My favorite part of the game is the decorating. You have pretty much taken away all creativity from the game. There are very few color choices and you have put multiple colors together instead of allowing us to do that. The clothing choices are minimal and so are the hair styles. No story progression so it seems like a never ending game. <br />
    <br />
    I'm guessing that a lot of things are missing so that expansions and stuff packs can be sold which would make this game series very expensive. I hope that the game supports mods well and can't wait to see what all the talented modders out there come up with. Hurry! :)

I have a (sort of) different theory. I think Maxis wanted to make a more stable game and hasn't figured out a way to do that with things like CASt yet, but EA told them they had to release the game this quarter because it's been a *gasp!* whole year since the last expansion. And yeah, why should EA care since they'll get more money with expansions. I think there are some things that they can't change, and won't change because they work better from a programming perspective, like the way that the neighborhoods are built. But will terrain tools and CASt come back? Yeah.. I think they will.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the object or location, but there are a couple of different bar locations (don't forget Sims can travel between worlds now!)

I don't think dishwashers are really necessary because cleaning dishes is so much more efficient now, but I also like them from an aesthetic standpoint (in fact, I think some things may be a little TOO convenient in this game)
  • Options
    starpandastarpanda Posts: 22 Member
    I have been playing the Sims since the first game came out so I'm used to the initial game being a little 'light' on substance. That being said here are my pro's and con's.

PRO'S:
    1. Emotions are great. They add a new aspect to the game.
    2. I like that Sims can multitask. Eating dinner while watching T.V. and talking to another Sim is a great addition.
    3. The CAS options are great. I like everything you can do with it.
    4. The ability to place objects anywhere. Moving the pictures up and down the wall is super easy.
    5. The cooking options are interesting. I like clicking on fridge and choosing what to cook.

CON'S:
    1. It feels more like a console game instead of a PC game.
    2. Skills are too easy to gain. I gain 3 cooking levels just by eating.
    3. There is no skill journal. I can't keep track of how much of my book is already written for example.
    4. You can't go next door without a load screen. You can't go downtown without a load screen. I hate load screens even quick ones.
    5. You can't see the neighborhood because of no map or zoomed out view.
    6. The town is super small. There are many Sims running around town but where do they live because there aren't that many houses and everyone I visit seems to be empty.
    7. There are no repairmen. You either repair it yourself or buy new.
    8. The camera options are horrible. I preferred the Sims 3 options as far as scrolling and rotating cameras.
    9. There is no time to do anything fun. Time goes by so fast in the game. You only have time for needs and work not entertaining or fun. You age really quickly too.
    10. Unlockable objects really irk me. If I paid for the game, I should have access to all items all the time without levels or unlocking them. Again this makes it more like a console game then a PC game.

Right now I am not impressed with the game. I am hoping there will be good updates without gauging me for more money. I also am not happy about the rumor that you may have to pay for a monthly premium to get the good stuff. I hope that EA keeps with the same Sims store like the Sims 3. I also don't like the Gallery. I never really used the Exchange but I preferred that set up to this new Gallery.
  • Options
    blinkyfbnbgblinkyfbnbg Posts: 25 Member
    Things I like:

1. Multitasking
    2. Graphics
    3. How easy it is to move between worlds, and how a Sim from one world can visit another

Things I dislike:

1. Like many others, I feel like the game is very bare bones. I almost feel like the game was unfinished. I was bored after a couple of hours. I am sure this is so that countless expansion packs can be released; however, this is something that has always disgruntled me about the Sims universe.

2. Again, like many others, I feel like there is not enough time in the day. It makes it very hard to have multiple family members.

3. The town is TINY and there are so few places to travel. This goes back to the whole "bare bones" feel.

4. Game controls. I find it extremely difficult to navigate. I'm not sure if this is a bug, a limitation of my computer, or part of the game, but even with edge scrolling on, I can't scroll down. I can scroll left, right, and up, but not down, which is a huge pain. I also don't like the menu/button set up. Also, when I have the menus open to see what my Sim's needs are, I feel like it takes up way too much of the playable screen.

5. A load screen to visit every other lot? REALLY?

6. Age controls. Even on long, I feel like the lifespan goes very quickly.

7. Since babies aren't "playable" characters, unless I'm missing something, it's impossible to tell what their needs are.

8. Lack of color options in CAS.

9. Money is much harder to come by. I understand that this is more "realistic," but with the limited lifespan, I'd like to be able to move my Sims to a bigger lot within their lifetime. My Sim has been employed since I started playing and she is almost an elder, and I still have less that the $20,000 value I started with, so I can't move to a nicer lot.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed so far. Like I said, I got bored after only a few hours. For the amount of money the game cost, I would have liked to see a lot more playability options without having to wait for (and pay for) expansion packs.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,002 Member
    @SimGuruHydra

I'm really enjoying the game. I've been playing with it for hours, at least every day that I'm not working. I'm planning on eventually writing a review, but there's something I've noticed about the mail boxes that is kind of annoying me, and had become a pet peeve of mine.

I'm glad you gave us two different types, but I'd really appreciate it, if there was an easy way to change type of mail box. However, what's upsetting me even more is that when I change a lot from a residential to community lot, the mail box stays on the lot, even after I bulldoze it. I would really like to be able to get rid of them when the lot I'm building is supposed to be a venue instead someone's home.

I'm really surprised that I haven't come across more people complaining about this, but I would bet you that a lot of other people are just as upset about it as I am.

We need a patch so we can add and delete mailboxes on community lots.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779389/we-need-a-patch-so-we-can-add-and-delete-mailboxes-for-community-lots

We'll be very thankful if you guys are able to fix this problem.
  • Options
    bitterascandybitterascandy Posts: 224 Member
    Loving the graphics....
    Do not like having limited lots to build on
    socializing at work and not gaining friendship is not cool
    limited activities for outdoors ...not just a pool but any kind of activities
    jobs are not really doing it for me especially not being able to be self employed
    community lots are very boring...even the lounge is just couches to sit and socialize

absolutely love multitasking...never change that
    love how bills are only 1x week...sims 3 was more frequent
    sure dont miss those nasty papers left on the front lawn

fishing is dissapointing...only used for mounting? Cant eat them
    Love how you dont have to read for 2 hours before cooking....skills just start building as you go....love that
    Love the pregnancy...looks more realistic...can follow by trimester..and can wear any clothes for maternity
    Hate the delivery process of childbirth...very underated
    very anxious for expansions...may actually solve some of these issues
    All in all very impressed

Oh and btw....Thank you for not making the intro so loooong.....it starts up in seconds...LOVE IT!
  • Options
    TrehekTheSimTrehekTheSim Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2014
    What you liked:
    * Sims no longer look circle headed and bean-eyed, like in Sims 3. Much better now!
    * Character creation works really well, except it was a bit difficult to figure out at first because UI elements tend to remain hidden!
    * Juggling with emotions make managing sim actions pretty interesting, and once you realize the benefit of collectible auras it becomes even better!
    * Aspirations and career advancement have their goals set up pretty well! It's fun to do them. Careers splitting up is also a fun idea!

What you didn't like:
    * In char creation, the sim starts making fiddling around as soon as you try to zoom out a bit.
    * Nearly no options for influencing actions of uncontrolled sims, which we already had in Sims 2 and it was nice. "Suggest that Sim X goes to bed" etc.
    * After trying out the punching bag a bit my female sim became a buff muscle case, and nothing I've done seems to revert her. Sitting on the PC hacking all day, eating cake? Nope, still buff. It's not even apparent anywhere in the game how I can make her weaker again!
    * There doesn't seem to be a convenient way to show off my screenshots / memory timelines online. No, I don't consider Facebook uploads convenient. They clutter everything else I have there.
    * A few careers we've had in earlier Sims-games are missing, such as the Political/Economic careers.
    * No swimming pools or hot tubs! After Sims 2 and 3, these felt like they should be part of the base game.
    * No cars, but I'm expecting them in an expansion.
    * Even though screenshots save at screen resolution, they display in a tiny window in-game!
    * Loading screens between neighbour lots. I thought loading was divided by neighbourhoods?!

Suggestions?
    * Please add the option in character creation to keep the Sim motionless when zoomed out.
    * Sims 3 expansions are STILL grossly overpriced. Please try to keep expansions for Sims 4 at a more reasonable rate.
    * Please add memory timeline stories to the gallery
    * Please improve (default) sorting of items in the gallery. The way it is now, the popular items become more popular and unknown new items get zero downloads because they're never seen. Even when I choose to sort by New items, I don't see anything with zero or only a few downloads in the list! Everyone needs a fair chance!
    * Please increase the size of the screenshot windows in-game.
    * Please give the composer of Sul Sul a huge hug and two Internets. It's a truly awesome song!

Overall thoughts?
    To me this feels like a great improvement from Sims 3, which I didn't like much. Sims 2 was great and this is even better. It's the rightful sequel to Sims 2 in my books.
    Post edited by TrehekTheSim on
    The Story of Jessica Eville
    Trehek on the Sims 4 Gallery:
    oqXW3pa.jpg
  • Options
    JadeliyahJadeliyah Posts: 39 Member
    I feel like I've been seeing a lot of people agreeing on the no open world thing being a huge problem. And again, I get that you were trying to make the initial load faster, etc. BUT I have a friend with a really great gaming pc (so not just his machine), and he got his family up to like 6 or 7 sims tonight, and he says the load screen when one sim is coming back to the house where the rest of the family is (we assume as the game figures out all their stuff at load) is not short. Once any load screen lasts more than just a few seconds, the whole point of throwing in several hundred different loads we have to deal with is suddenly moot. I for one (and by far not the only one) MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer waiting around for several minutes for my TS3 game to load -- ONCE!! -- because whatever, I can go get a sandwich or something, and then once I'm in, I'm IN... I can Sim for an entire day and not have to wait around again that whole day (unless traveling, but that's only once in a while and you get such a long time to spend at the destination). Plus there's a ton of stuff to DO, so yeah take that time to load in all my stuff. I will trade even 5 solid minutes or more of an initial load to get 12 hours of uninterrupted gameplay over waiting 15-60 seconds every 10 minutes, no question, and I am so not alone. I think you guys are counting on people shelling out for EPs to make you more money so they can get a better game. But I really think you will lose so many people who are just going to go back to 3 and not buy any expansions for 4. If one day you manage to get rid of the load screens, I'll consider returning to 4. But if you do, you should advertise the fact HEAVILY, because a lot of us just won't be paying attention to TS4 developments. :(
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Hi!
    So, I've been playing for a few days now, and here are my thoughts:

1. Things I like:
    - The gameplay in general is good fun.
    - More interactions for all of the sims, especially children. I love the quirky things that pop up for my sim kids to do, and I am happy they can be home by themselves for an hour or two in the afternoon.
    - The daily tasks and the promotional goals for jobs / schooling. Whilst I feel that it is a little difficult to get your sim kids' grades up, in general I really like these tasks and goals. They make the careers really fun and interesting :)
    - CAS and Build mode. Although these could be improved greatly with a colour wheel (and pools, obviously!), these tools are robust and in-depth, and I like them.
    - Multitasking is amazing. Although I have noticed a few little quirks, such as my sim "multitasking" by starting to pee, getting up and going to the fridge for a snack (whilst still peeing, apparently), then coming back and finishing their toilet trip with their snack - haha!
    - Sims gravitating towards other sims. This is a like and a dislike, but mostly a like as it makes their relationships feel more real. I dislike it at mealtimes though, because my sims never want to eat at the table but rather in whatever room anyone else is in.
    - Populated public lots. 'Nuff said.
    - Timed dates and parties with certain goals. YAY I am SO happy this is back from TS2!!! It makes the events more structured, more fun, and gives you a great sense of accomplishment when you complete them ^_^
    - The gardening skill, the garden plants, and the wild plants. They look wonderful and are a lot of fun.

2. Things I don't like:
    - Not much to do in the world. I understand this is a new game and so there's not going to be much happening, but the parks and the couple of lots get very repetitive very quickly. If there was more room to build (see below), I could build some more bars/dance clubs. But there's not, and so the world becomes boring.
    - Very little room to build in the world. Very limiting, especially with all the amazing creations on the gallery I want to download and place in the world! In future, can we please have larger 'neighbourhoods'.
    - Babies tied to bassinets. I really like the new interactions for babies, especially the breast-feed option. But how many mothers stand in front of the crib to do it? >_> It would be nice if they could at least go and sit in a nursing chair. And for bottles, they should come from the fridge. Changing diapers should still be done at a change table too. It's good that babies are no longer left on the floor, but I feel they should still be mobile.
    - No toddlers - obviously. This is a massive sad point for me. My legacy play is just not the same. Please introduce ASAP.
    - Teens the same height as adults. Feels unnatural. I would like preteens, at a different height, to be introduced to 'fix' this.
    - Very limited amount of careers. Need more - Nurse, Doctor, Lawyer, Banker... I don't know. Just more.
    - Where did all the service sims go? :( My sim with 0 handiness skill should not be able to fix a broken sink. I have 0 handiness skill in real life, and I could not fix a broken sink :P So I would like the repairman back please, along with nannies/baby-sitters, and gardeners.
    - Can't eat raw fruit & veg produce. My sims should be able to eat a raw apple they picked from their tree, please ;)
    - No carpool/school bus. It makes it much less obvious when it is time to leave for work, and frequently my sims almost miss their start times. Please re-introduce, or at least program it so that sims cancel any and all interactions to leave immediately for work or school.

3. Suggestions
    Most of my dislikes above are accompanied by a suggestion, but here are a few more random ones:
    - The headmaster challenge + Private Schools. With the timed events, it only makes sense to have this back ;)
    - A 'play tag' interaction for kids, and or an entire 'play' pie menu for children with the games of TS2. Kids play pretty much constantly, and I always loved watching the kids in TS2 play Cops and Robbers and Mary Mack, etc.
    - A standard upright piano. I am VERY pleased to see pianos in the base game this time around, but grand pianos are a bit much for my poor sims. Also, most people do not have grand pianos ;) Uprights are much more common, so please add them to the game - with children able to play!
    - A garden sprinkler. Watering plants takes a very long time, especially when you need to weed and harvest and evolve and whatever else! Please re-introduce a garden sprinkler / some kind of automatic irrigation for our gardens :)
    - A "serve meal" option. This is hearkening back to TS2 again, where your sim would lay out enough plates on the table for everyone to eat. This would create sweet family meals, and also cut down on the time it takes for sims to each grab a plate of food and start to eat.

4. Overall Thoughts
    This is not by any means a comprehensive list of the things I have noticed / would like to see, but some of the main ones. In general. this game is good fun and a promising start to this iteration of The Sims. I hope that the issues the community are finding are dealt with ASAP - especially the no jealously deal going on!!! - and that we see our requests being put into action.

Also, please, please please have something equivalent to Open for Business this time around XD Fully fleshed out, in depth, an expansion pack. Please. Dont leave us hanging again!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    No option to adopt???? My sims are lesbians, and I used to could adopt. Do not see an option for that. At least make a fertility clinic!! And where's the map? I can't see the whole town to let my sims go anywhere. All I can see is their poor house.

go to the computer there is adoption there

8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    PyraSanadaPyraSanada Posts: 18 Member
    Not a huge fan so far. There's a lot of content missing that you would think we'd be starting out with in comparison to previous versions of the game. I do love the organic feel to how the emotional states change and evolve in the characters, and how the game really does speed up when they're sleeping, but other than that, not really liking much about the new version so far. Please add the option back into the Auto Lights so that you can set it for individual rooms! One light or all lights is a ridiculous thing to have to choose between!
  • Options
    diauradiaura Posts: 17 New Member
    I am disappointed with Sims 4. I realise it is the base game with many limits. I'm sure future expansions may add extras and more fun to the game play (one can only hope). I have read on other forums there is a possibility of there being a subscription for these. That could change things drastically. Hopefully they are just unfounded rumours.

To be honest they have lost me on this one. I think I will continue to play Sims 3 until expansions come out. Sure Sims 3 has issues, but it is still great gameplay and there is heaps to do. I am in my 50's and have been playing for a few years and still I haven't covered everything in the game. I have a two page list of achievements still to complete.

Since downloading, I have only played Sims 4 spasmodically as I find it very boring, very base. In Sims 3 I loved building new homes while my Sims were sleeping. Can't do that now with only 2 vacant lots. 3 if you count the hidden one. I hate this closed in world. Nothing to explore, no where to go. Boring!!!

Positive:

-Emotions
    -Multitasking. I love how they converse with each other while doing tasks. They seem more united and bonded as a family group.
    -being able to place windows at different heights.
    -found a tutorial on using hidden items such as in cupboards etc. Also for the hidden lot in both hoods.
    -game is almost instant to load.
    -moving between live mode and build mode is instant. If only they had done the same for Sims 3.
    -cooking with more realistic menus as in scrambled eggs for breakfast.
    -that they all automatically make their own beds on rising.

Negative:

-Small hoods, even limited community buildings. I hate it!! I like the world view as in Sims 3. Sims 4 is way too limited and constricted, almost like a shell of Sims 3. I enjoy the building side of Sims, not so much the game play. In this I am greatly disappointed.
    -limited and boring patterns and terrain tools, same can be said of the outfits. No creative imagination used at all. Bring back CAS and the colour wheel.
    -too many opening boxes to read when following Sims and their needs.
    -as others have stated the game moves way too fast. Sims have no time to work on their fun moodlets.
    -there are clothes baskets in accessories yet no washing machines.
    -no dishwashers. My Sims keep going upstairs to the bathrooms, they don't even use the kitchen sink.
    -dining rooms are useless. My Sims will only eat sitting in front of the TV.
    -even though they have full autonomy, they tend to stand around like zombies until given a directive. No story progression.
    -doesn't seem to be any round roofs, only square. Hidden somewhere?
    -world and terrain is comic strip boring.
    -limited personality and career choices.
    -no Seasons. Where is the weather?
    -jogging they go partway around the block then return home. There is no world for them to explore. And no cars? Did I see a moving train in the background? I couldn't even pan the camera to take a look at it :/

Hopefully EA brings out updates soon to fill all the missing holes. Even an expansion or two.
  • Options
    stilanasstilanas Posts: 117 Member
    I'm very disappointed by how massively stripped down this is compared to The Sims 3, even without the expansions. I'm a PC gamer, I have a PC for gaming. This game is like Sims Life Stories or the Urbz. So much of what is new about the new sims is what you can't do. Can't leave the house any more, can't customize styles or textures, can't have hills, everything is completely flat. What then are we left with. They could have made up for this by including things from the sims 3 expansions like weather, seasons, pets, magic. They could have had more than a small number of careers.
  • Options
    thatGirlRALFthatGirlRALF Posts: 1 New Member
    I have played all the sims, They have been one of my favorite games over the years.
    I particularly like creating sims and building houses.
    I have only just bought the sims 4 and haven't had a lot of game time however already I am finding some diffculties.
    I'm not sure what is happening with the eyelashes but I feel like they have gone backwards since sims3, am I alone on that one?
    I also have issues with my edge scrolling it is fine for top and sides but often wont go further back at the bottom, but if i change the settings to sims3 scrolling it is a little better, so I guess ill keep doing that.
    So far I like what I've seen just wish there were more colour options and transparency in CAS.
    Fix eyelashes Please!!
    :)
  • Options
    DuskviperDuskviper Posts: 47 Member
    Ok now that I have been playing for awhile, I am really loving this Sims. There is soooo much you can find and unlock that you can interact with along with other sims, and I hardly even done much lol. To all the people that are hating this game you really have to give it a good go. Sure there is some issues and some things that I miss from Sims 3, but there is ALOT here. One thing that would have helped a lot of people myself including is a manual of some sorts. I never knew about the little button beside the color panel that allows you to see more build options. Nor did I know about the resizing of objects. All these things I found out from watching one of Curtis Paradis Videos. A manual or ingame guide or manual would really help, and most likely top a lot of people from ranting on how limiting the game is. I can't wait for more expansions, but I have so much more to do. One thing I would like to see is More careers. The few we have are very limiting to the Sims style I would like to play. I do miss Create a Style but that is just a small thing. Keep it up Guys!
  • Options
    MizzHayezMizzHayez Posts: 26 Member
    Okay. Been playing for a few days now and I have to say I don't mind the game that much. It's def. less then I was expecting it to be but I dont completely hate it either. However I do find myself becoming bored of each family very quickly.

I personally like the way the Sims look. I LOVE how you can adjust each area of the sim. However I think they looked better in the sims 3.
    I love the emotions also! and the little looks and actions that come with them. However they seem a little too free to me. Its irritating to be in the middle of trying to make your Sim flirt with another and then them decide to go do something completely random or their mood change completely because they need to go to the bathroom.

Also. Its driving me nuts how toddler stage is gone. It just feels like theirs a whole stage missing and its weird they go from baby to kid. I don't personally mind my babies being stuck in a crib. I usually left them there and used a cheat to keep their needs up or just aged them up completely. I also HATE that teens,adults and all are the same height and have the same clothes. I cant tell them apart!

Not sure if this is a glitch in my game or not but I've experienced 4 sims being born in my game and they are all girls?

I hate how theres nothing for my sim kids to really do at home. I dont completely mind the no pools (althought I hope they are added at some point.) but where the heck are the outside toys for my kids? really? Monkey Bars and then 2 huge playsets that barley fit in a normal yard? no tree house, swings, slides, hopscotch, just nothing.

I REALLY hope they add the color pallet. I'm not a huge house builder but I spend hours in the Sims 3 decorating and customizing my house and clothes.

I feel the game has taken a big step back by not having story progression. I kind of feel like other sims are pointless. I had a household of roomies and spent alot of time setting them all up with girlfriends and then went to move a certain couple out (which is way more work then it should be btw) and then I realized, what was the point of that? They are just going to sit there when I leave anyways.

I don't completely mind the loading screens but come on, put story progression back you can't just give that to us then take it back away that was the best part of the sims 3! Theres no reason this shouldnt be able to be added.

Just a few of my opinions this far.
  • Options
    jenna18jenna18 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Things I don't like:

*Assigning beds/rooms
    * Locking doors.
    * Socialize and fun decrease quickly.
    * Some activities don't even give you fun like gardening, cooking, etc
    * NO POOLS... REALLY?
    * No toddlers
    * Teens are same size as adults.
    *Saggy breasts when elder and slouched. If you are well fit you boobs shouldn't sag and you should walk upright.
    *There aren't enough useful or fun low level rewards. The one time use potions aren't that useful until the higher stuff is already purchased.
    * NO GARDEN SPRINKLER. I made a sim just to tend the garden and cook dinner for my other sims because they don't have time to do anything else other than work, sleep, pee, eat, and socialize sometimes.
    * Being a musician you cant be a singer
    * You cant change braches in a job even if you quit and rejoin.
    *It would be nice to when you selling things from the in game inventory to be able to hit delete
    * No color customization on items (clothes, hair, beds, rugs, etc) I like to costumize and make things my own
    * And why cant you wear socks in formal clothing? and no suits to choose from?
    *Things break too quickly and cant upgrade them to not break (wall speakers and stereos especially)
    * No pre built houses to to choose from.
    * Cant edit town
    * Cant exercise to tvs or speakers.
    * No online dating
    * No phone services
    * No cars/buses
    *No basements

Things I like:
    *Graphics
    * Even though its not an open world you are not limited to just you home lot. There is still a lot to see and do.
    *Group conversations
    *Multitasking
    * Lifetime goal being broken down and getting rewarded as you go
    * Cooking and Gourmet cooking.
    *Roof customization (tall/short, round/pointy, etc)
    *Unlocking items from level/work. With you could categorize them easier by the branch though.
    * Able to put all things on a wall high or low
    Post edited by jenna18 on
  • Options
    enson85enson85 Posts: 408 Member
    Just one thing that bugs me since I start playing is when unknown sims coming and starting chatting in group with my sims. I like it in a bar or at a party, but when my sim met a friend on the street and start chatting with him, a stranger came across the street and started talking with them. I wish there could be a 'kick out from the conversation' option :) thank you
    Origin ID : enson8502
    In the Sims 4 gallery #enson8502
    SvlLcmb.png
    Watch ''A Simple Life'' episodes here