Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else's sim gaining weight?

Comments

• Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    simmey1 wrote: »
    I've mentioned this in another thread but I think it affects babies as well. With my son he was only fed when he was screaming, and he aged skinny. My
    Daughter though was fed constantly lol, and she's now a chunky little girl. So she now plays on the monkey bars all day long! Lol

Ok I noticed this also. I really fed the baby whenever someone would change a diaper. And when the little girl aged up she is a little chunky. I love it , its so cute.

Lol I agree. She's adorable, my little chunky monkey. I prop will not feed the next baby so much :wink:

yeah me either..lol
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I have a foodie sim in the household and he's the only one who didn't gain weight. XD But I think it's cuz he likes to workout.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    firekrakerjaxfirekrakerjax Posts: 8 New Member
    Picture update.

It hasn't been too hard for my sim to lose the extra weight, so I decided to take it a step further and see if she could get smaller than before. She did! But I like her with a little more weight so I'm going to make her stop exercising.

ba004.jpg

At first I thought that she wouldn't have time to exercise but with the ability to multitask it's been easy. She's still been able to watch tv while socializing with her husband and 2 kids (while exercising), go to work, paint in her spare time, etc. When her BFF Bella Goth comes by while she's exercising, they can still chat like before. I think Bella's been a good influence. I regularly see her in workout clothes.

Her husband hasn't gotten any thinner, but is very defined.

baliam003.jpg
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    I have been having this issue, but it is not weight really, she is bulking up. She has never done any type of work out or anything and she has bulked out like a body builder. It is really bothering me. She is a gardener, so I wonder if gardening makes you bulk up.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    meggiewes wrote: »
    We've taken a further look at some of the tuning for how Sims gain weight and came to find that it's a bit aggressive at the moment. For the time being I'd suggest cooking some of the recipes that sound a bit healthier, and hitting that treadmill when you get some free time. :)

I hope you guys don't adjust it too much if you end up tweaking it. I would hate for it to take ages for a sim to gain weight like it was in TS2 and TS3.

Yeah, I don't think that would be the intent. Ideally you should be able to maintain the way you created your Sim in CAS with some amount of basic effort, and pushing your Sim to the extremes by eating too much when they aren't hungry, always eating bad foods, or working out frequently would be what pushes your Sim to gain weight or put on muscle.
  • Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    My Sim exercised for one hour and got ripped! She's more ripped than her husband and she only went to the gym once, while he goes all the time! I'm trying to figure out if I can edit her in CAS again :p
  • Options
    YurusumajiYurusumaji Posts: 175 Member
    My foodie gained weight, too. I got her a treadmill for the house and I have her on it nearly everyday, sometimes twice a day and she does endurance runs on her days off. Once she hit fitness level 5 she showed a major loss in the weight she had gained. Before she started look slimmer, I noticed she was toning up everywhere even when she was still a bit chunky. Mine wasn't overeating either, but it seems that if your sim is not regularly exercising they will not stay thin.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I just realized that I'm having fun letting Betty Newbie have her daily jog. I didn't notice it at first, but she slimmed down really quickly when I had her eat well. (salad and eggs) I love how they can jog around the neighborhood, but I'm going to have to travel to other neighborhoods to meet new people and jog elsewhere now.
  • Options
    LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2014
    One of my athletic Sims got rather chunky until he started working out more. Another athletic one never gained any weight because he had a high metabolism trait. They also get bulkier and more defined the more they work out.
  • Options
    Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
    My Sim is very very skinny and slim and I want to keep him that way. I'm worried if I put him on a machine at the gym, he'll buff up. So I'm avoiding that haha
  • Options
    giggalz41giggalz41 Posts: 1 New Member
    i dont know if they do or not..but did really notice that during creating my sim she had a certain shape..but once she was created and into her home..she was quite bigger then what my sim looked like while i was still creating her..
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    We've taken a further look at some of the tuning for how Sims gain weight and came to find that it's a bit aggressive at the moment. For the time being I'd suggest cooking some of the recipes that sound a bit healthier, and hitting that treadmill when you get some free time. :)

That is good, just please don't hender this to much. I am loving it so far. It's realistic. However it does need a tiny tuning ;]
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    > @S100Headache said:
    > I still like the idea of not being able to constantly stuff your face.
    >
    > I'm not sure if I suggested it - a "Go on Diet" interaction. Hunger decays slower, and Sims will be able to tough out hunger pangs (save for genuine starvation), but cheating on your diet (filling Hunger or eating too much "fattening" food for the day) pushes an Embarrassed moodlet.
    >
    > "Quit Diet" would reset Hunger behavior to normal.
    >
    > Likewise, more active Sims should need to eat more to maintain their weight.

I love this idea!
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i made a skinny sim with low body fat (low muscle definition in CAS) and she didn't gain much if any weight after her 2 pregnancies
    i'm thinking maybe sims with some body fat already have a super easy time packing on pounds
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    bluebythebookbluebythebook Posts: 65 Member
    edited September 2014

It goes both ways, too. I created a Sim with a fairly skinny-to-average physique, no muscles at all. I sent her around the neighborhood on her first evening to find collectibles, and when she came back she looked like an American Gladiator. Utterly insane amount of musculature and definition in the span of a few Sim hours. She was literally brand new. I'm all for the ability to hone your Sim's physique, but it needs to be a much more gradual process both ways -- as it is in real life.
  • Options
    AngelicScotAngelicScot Posts: 125 Member
    I've noticed my self sim gained a LOT of weight. And it seems to be nearly impossible to get it off. But she has had two children and I'm wondering if they've added "baby weight".
  • Options
    AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    edited September 2014
    My sims hips are getting bigger, but I guess that's from having twins.
  • Options
    freeanpfreeanp Posts: 62 Member
    Did anyone's sims change body shape after they aged into an adult? My female sim lost all her sexy after she aged up. LOL It was realistic, but she was always jogging and taking care of her body. She lost her boobs and bottom. And her waist grew wider. I was like what happened?! :o
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was a little shocked too when my Sim had just gotten pregnant, and started showing immediately :( sorry about my siggy... I don't know how to do this yet
  • Options
    mrsnava82mrsnava82 Posts: 664 Member
    yeah mine were pretty much doing the same thing, but just had them keep on exercising every day.
    signature.png
  • Options
    deathdealerdeathdealer Posts: 1 New Member
    Does disabling aging disable weight gain? If not can it be disabled by other means?
  • Options
    mem1989mem1989 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I noticed that only girls gain weight in my game, very realistic I should say :(
  • Options
    mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    My YA sim was getting really fat, but when she aged up to adult she went back to her regular figure. Strange...
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    my sim has that sexy walk and was quite skinny in the beginning but now with the extra weight she is really rocking those hips.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Posts: 295 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yikes. Sort of scared for what the future holds for my sims. I've been pondering what is the best thing to do when creating new sims. To this point, I'd almost always put the sliders for musculature and weight somewhere in the middle and tweak out the body from there. I really don't care to see them deviating too much from where I started them, so I've just been trying to keep my exercise regimen moderate and to make a salad instead of grilled cheese every few days.

Though for new sims, I'm starting to think maybe it makes more sense to start them off about 1/4 of the way up the musculature and body weight sliders, since that helps define the underlying skeleton, and then let lifestyle take it from there.

Somebody should take that super-buff Hawaiian-looking pre-built character and play him for a while and see how long it takes to turn him into a skinny weakling.