The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 "Did you know..."

Comments

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Did you know that if you progress far enough in the secret agent career and writing career that you will unlock doors that look like bookshelves? I so want to make a "secret room" that leads out from a study now...

I wish they would release a cheat so that you can build houses with the career rewards and share them. But it is fun to unlock them.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited September 2014
    OH! Did you know your sims take selfies with their food!?!?! haha!

edit: my sim is a foodie, so that may be why!
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Did you know teens can exchange promise rings with each other when there love bar is high and they become "promised" to each other.
    mana0143 wrote: »
    If you take a brisk shower and are energized you can make a protein meal and store it in the fridge to use before a workout. Also makes you energized.
    Wow, these two are amazing! Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    pguida wrote: »
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Did you know if you leave your baby to go to work, it will "go to daycare" -- and it's free, which is kind of cool and unexpected.

...and children can be left home alone.

(not trying to sound specifically negative or positive, just things I didn't know about until I played).

Also I LOVE outfit rotation :)
    So no social worker then?

I didn't let the needs of the baby get very low, so I'm not sure if there would be a social worker to take the baby away. However, since the baby just disappears for daycare, I assume the same thing would happen if the baby was taken away.

The baby is a toy. You can never feed it and never change it and nothing happens. You can also age it at will, it doesn't really have a birthday.

I haven't left the baby alone with nothing to see if there is any negative consequences to leaving it alone, but I can tell you that it would drive me crazy to try and play the game while the poor baby wails on and on for days. Despite the fact that they are more or less the same as other sim games where they lay in the bassinet all the time, there are a lot more interactions with them. It used to be feed/change/play and that was pretty much it. Now you can feed it (with two options for the mother, who can now breast feed), you can rock it, coo at it, cuddle it, make silly faces at it, and when it cries you get the option to shoosh the baby. Most of these interactions are adorable, and the babies actually move around more than they ever have. Every other sims game has seen a static baby that lays in the crib and never moves. These babies wiggle around and put their arms out for attention.

They do actually have a birthday as well. Yes, you can age them up whenever, but if you don't you will start getting the birthday notifications after a few days. I aged mine up, but I assume that eventually it would have auto-aged her.

I think they are a little bit more than just a "toy" as you so put it. What would you want them to do? If they were walking or talking they would be toddlers, not babies.
  • Options
    ChrisOldfieldChrisOldfield Posts: 140 Member
    adamc123 wrote: »
    Sims 4 did you know the sims 3 is a way better game fun fact.

There is no question of that...if Sims 3 was not a bug a ridden nightmare.
  • Options
    oxbellusxooxbellusxo Posts: 22 Member
    [quote="pguida;12565519"][quote="jessathemessa;12552172"][quote="Krisha880;12552125"][quote="jessathemessa;12552077"]Did you know if you leave your baby to go to work, it will "go to daycare" -- and it's free, which is kind of cool and unexpected.

...and children can be left home alone.

(not trying to sound specifically negative or positive, just things I didn't know about until I played).

Also I LOVE outfit rotation :)[/quote]
    So no social worker then?

[/quote]

I didn't let the needs of the baby get very low, so I'm not sure if there would be a social worker to take the baby away. However, since the baby just disappears for daycare, I assume the same thing would happen if the baby was taken away.
    [/quote]

The baby is a toy. You can never feed it and never change it and nothing happens. You can also age it at will, it doesn't really have a birthday.[/quote]

Actually if you don't take care of the baby it gets taken away due to neglect. It happened to me last night. There is no social worker however you just get a pop up and the baby disappears.
  • Options
    loialarentloialarent Posts: 65 Member
    Did you know...that if you're sim wants to eat, just click the motive icon for hunger and they'll head over to the fridge. They even seem to prioritize leftovers first! Credit for this bit goes to Stormkeep.
  • Options
    pguida wrote: »
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    Did you know that you now have goals to complete at parties? You get scored based on how you complete the assigned goals and getting a gold medal will reward you with various objects. My sim had a wedding party and earned the gold medal. She was gifted with a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge! The wedding party tasks were things like "Have 3 drinks", "Eat Food", "Cut the cake", and "Thank a sim for coming".

OMG! I hate that with a passion. You no longer can play freely. Everything seems dictated. So dumbed down.

You actually don't have to do the parties this way. I read in the prima guide that there is a check box somewhere in the plan social event set up where you pick the party that says something about premier events. Apparently disabling this allows you to have normal, non-score-based parties.
  • Options
    acsaczacsacz Posts: 32 Member
    loialarent wrote: »
    Did you know...that if you're sim wants to eat, just click the motive icon for hunger and they'll head over to the fridge. They even seem to prioritize leftovers first! Credit for this bit goes to Stormkeep.

i've always wanted that option!
  • Options
    FoxybrownunlimitFoxybrownunlimit Posts: 47 Member
    Did you know your sims can drink and eat at the same time? I have them grab a serving and then 'grab a quick meal', choose milk or orange juice. They sit at the table with their meal, go grab the drink, and return to the table to eat. I love that.
    Origin/Gallery ID: InvaderMar
    Some comments have you like:
    RXFEVjA.gif
  • Options
    GreenEyedTigressGreenEyedTigress Posts: 115 Member
    > @Desirai said:
    > OH! Did you know your sims take selfies with their food!?!?! haha!
    >
    > edit: my sim is a foodie, so that may be why!

My sim has foodie as a trait and she took a selfie with her food!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Did you know your sims can drink and eat at the same time? I have them grab a serving and then 'grab a quick meal', choose milk or orange juice. They sit at the table with their meal, go grab the drink, and return to the table to eat. I love that.

Works with coffee too! My Sim sat down with his (leftover) breakfast, then I stopped him eating, sent him to brew some coffee, and sent him back to eat. He had his food and coffee together, alternating. The coffee, however, was foul-tasting, I guess from the cheap coffeemaker!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rjtlilacrjtlilac Posts: 19 New Member
    > @Foxybrownunlimit said:
    > Did you know your sims can drink and eat at the same time? I have them grab a serving and then 'grab a quick meal', choose milk or orange juice. They sit at the table with their meal, go grab the drink, and return to the table to eat. I love that.

I love all these little realistic things they've put in, makes the game so much more interesting!
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    *Squeals*

So excited! I wanna play soo bad! I love all these small details!

Midnight can't come fast enough, haha.
  • Options
    KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    I'm really thrilled just reading this "DID YOU KNOW..." thread. :smiley: I've never seen one before and it's just SOOO amazing! All the nice little details that they put in the game are making me so excited for the game to come! I'm also really grateful that the other simmers who got the game before me are nice enough to chip in and tell us all these amazing facts. I'm ecstatic!!!

So far, rotational outfits, being able to cook any meal at any time of the day and writing to penpals are some of the cool new features I can't wait to test out. :smile:
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Did you know, there's a book about Grant in the game?
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    adamc123 wrote: »
    Sims 4 did you know the sims 3 is a way better game fun fact.

There is no question of that...if Sims 3 was not a bug a ridden nightmare.

TS4 seems to be even buggier.
  • Options
    MichelleNPayneMichelleNPayne Posts: 11 New Member
    Did you know your Sims can actually die from embarrassment. Happened to me I was mortified!
  • Options
    retroryan1981retroryan1981 Posts: 171 Member
    Did you know that the option for clicking on the hunger icon and having the sim automatically eat a left over works on all of the needs. You just click on the icon and the sim will auto solve the defecit.
  • Options
    Did you know that sims in a good mood will whistle to themselves while they tend the garden?
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    > @Gabbryrose said:

> I haven't left the baby alone with nothing to see if there is any negative consequences to leaving it alone, but I can tell you that it would drive me crazy to try and play the game while the poor baby wails on and on for days. Despite the fact that they are more or less the same as other sim games where they lay in the bassinet all the time, there are a lot more interactions with them. It used to be feed/change/play and that was pretty much it. Now you can feed it (with two options for the mother, who can now breast feed), you can rock it, coo at it, cuddle it, make silly faces at it, and when it cries you get the option to shoosh the baby. Most of these interactions are adorable, and the babies actually move around more than they ever have. Every other sims game has seen a static baby that lays in the crib and never moves. These babies wiggle around and put their arms out for attention.
    >
    > They do actually have a birthday as well. Yes, you can age them up whenever, but if you don't you will start getting the birthday notifications after a few days. I aged mine up, but I assume that eventually it would have auto-aged her.
    >
    > I think they are a little bit more than just a "toy" as you so put it. What would you want them to do? If they were walking or talking they would be toddlers, not babies.

And the babies DO have aspirations...like to be read to, however, I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    mshell772mshell772 Posts: 49 Member
    DYK you can nap while taking a bath? My pregnant sim did this. Haven't tried it on my own, so not sure if you have to be super tired (as she was) or if it is an actual option. Made me giggle though. :)
  • Options
    mana0143mana0143 Posts: 75 Member
    You can throw a dirty plate into the recycle bin trash can (drag and drop) and get $20 each time. I hate when my sim washes dishes now! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top