Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you still here?

Comments

• Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I think a lot of people are playing the sims 4 with sims 3 thinking in mind. This is a different level of sims gaming ...so yes its going to be different. I feel if you want the sims 3 ..then play sims 3 and stop the hating.
  • Options
    loialarentloialarent Posts: 65 Member
    I bet Twitch has some streams. Would be a good place to look for more info, really. I'll be streaming later once I get it.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Also, I think people are being pretty mature right now and to be completely honest I was expecting World War 5 on here today. But everyone seems to be getting along just fine even though everyone has different opinions on this game.

I haven't seen any trolls or anyone being attacked for having a different opinion. I do see the disagree button has been pressed an awful lot, especially on people who dislike the game, but that's the extent of the 'drama.' :)
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited September 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    It's quite obvious most of them just want to troll now. Not all of them, just the more loud ones that post in almost every single thread.
    Because that comment wasn't meant to start a fight
    AM-i-Right.jpg
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    It's quite obvious most of them just want to troll now. Not all of them, just the more loud ones that post in almost every single thread.
    AM-i-Right.jpg

What, so only people who dislike this game can answer the question? :(
  • Options
    AM-i-Right.jpg

Wasn't really a question for anyone to answer, Joe -_-

• Options
    dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I still don't get how someone can pass judgment on a game that's only been out for a few hours. That's barely enough time to get past the character creator.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    Andrew060 wrote: »
    So I've been lurking in the Sims 4 forums for a while now( I've posted here and there) and I see a lot of hate for or bashing of the Sims 4 and how it's a total flop and so on and so forth. Which it totally fine, I'm not saying people don't have a right to their opinions and the forums are for everyone to post. But what I'm having trouble comprehending is why do the people who dislike the game so much hang around the Sims 4 forums? They still have the Sims 3 forums up so if that's the game you like why not go back there and be happy? I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything or tell you what to do, I just can't understand why you would hang around in the forums of a game you hate just to tell people (that already know) how much you hate it? But I have seen posts about people who gave their honest opinion about the game who weren't rude or mean or down right picky about the game and information about it's flaws and bugs, which is really helpful information even to those who love it.

hehe I guess I'm complaining about people's complaining :p

The Sims 3 forum is closed for posting so people have had no choice but to move here I think. As much as those of us who have criticised the game have been passionate in doing so, we are still fans of the Sims Franchise. So just because we are unhappy with certain aspects of the game doesnt mean we cant continue to discuss it.

I think a lot of us so called 'haters' just hope that we will eventually be won over. The 'haters' are fans too.

The sims 3 forum is still open. It's below the sims 4 section. I think all of the forums on the old site are read only they've all been moved here.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    AM-i-Right.jpg

Wasn't really a question for anyone to answer, Joe -_-

The original poster very obviously asked a question so, yes, I answered it :p
  • Options
    dfstone wrote: »
    I still don't get how someone can pass judgment on a game that's only been out for a few hours. That's barely enough time to get past the character creator.
    And yet so many have. If the game has gotten rid of a lot of things you love, why should you feign interest?
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I actually expect to see more complaining, for a few days at least.

Not because the game is bad. Quite the opposite, actually. All the people who were praising the game before will be too busy actually playing the game to plum around on the forum. The only people left will be those who refuse to buy the game but stick around anyway, or people who are patiently letting their wife play. ;)
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    I was pretty negative about what i read about the sims4 and i haven't bought it yet. I came on here to read people's experiences with the game to see how it actually turned out. I'm still glad i didn't buy it based off the responses so far.
  • Options
    zhaitanazhaitana Posts: 223 Member
    nekobear wrote: »
    I'm here because I'm still waiting for my game to arrive lol...& I like seeing the pictures :D

Same :)

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    If the game is soo great then why do you have time to complain about complainers?
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    The original poster very obviously asked a question so, yes, I answered it :p

She was not addressing you. You put words into the mouths of the people she was addressing. Once again, flame-baiting.

I'm not here to fight today. I am here to find out about the game. Keep on with your petty grudges if you must.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

How do you have time to still troll the forums? Shouldn't you be busy contently playing the game?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maybe there was some redeeming quality only to come back this morning to see lots of bugs, bugged out babies, and many who purchased it shocked and surprised with it and not liking the controls, or the emotions or the boredom. Or the lack of venues to visit. At least they are real players.

See what I mean?

What Joe? I should say I'm not a lover of the direction of this game into the Face Book realm, which you should be able to see that by how this game's controls and setup look. Even you can see that. Nor am I a fan of the rpg elements on overkill in this game. You should know all these ambitions and stuff have linear type gameplay which I hate in The Sims. Never have I ever said other wise sense the day of release of TS3. And I wanted emotions to make Sims more reactive, but that seems to have failed as well on many levels. Don't worry, Joe, once I get a good grip on what this game is and what it isn't I will move on and find a better game to play to replace my other Sim games. I would hope the TS4 team listens to their customers like they finally started listening at the end of TS3, but I don't have time to wait for that another five years. Just let people have their say. If it's a good game, it will prevail and if it sux it will end up like TSM. There is no in between this time, and you know it.

But me and others will leave when TS4 gets it's on forum and they give back the TS3 forum where no one can travel back and forth and flag hundred year old posts or anything like that, right? That would be a good thing to separate these forums. But Origin is one big happy family and that ain't gonna happen. I mean I could dis Origin here if I wanted since Origin is the main man for updating this game or downloading anything to do with the rewards etc. That is what you and others must remember this is more or less an Origin site, now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    So I've been lurking in the Sims 4 forums for a while now( I've posted here and there) and I see a lot of hate for or bashing of the Sims 4 and how it's a total flop and so on and so forth. Which it totally fine, I'm not saying people don't have a right to their opinions and the forums are for everyone to post. But what I'm having trouble comprehending is why do the people who dislike the game so much hang around the Sims 4 forums? They still have the Sims 3 forums up so if that's the game you like why not go back there and be happy? I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything or tell you what to do, I just can't understand why you would hang around in the forums of a game you hate just to tell people (that already know) how much you hate it? But I have seen posts about people who gave their honest opinion about the game who weren't rude or mean or down right picky about the game and information about it's flaws and bugs, which is really helpful information even to those who love it.

hehe I guess I'm complaining about people's complaining :p

Because many of us bought the game? Thats like going on a movie review site and asking people who saw the same movie why they are there if they didt like it? That makes no sense......The better question is why are people that like it here when they should be playing ;-).
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    My opinion is that if you own any sims game you* can be here. Whether you are buying the latest installment or not. Nobody has the rite to question why people should or should not be allowed to post.

People wanna know stuff and the only way is by asking questions, entering "logical" debates and reading the opinions of other who are lucky enough to have the game at present.

Whether people like the game or not they have the full rite to post. . . After all is that not the function of a forum?
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    Sims 3 forum is read only.

bears.gif
  • Options
    dfstone wrote: »

Some people took the 24 hour trial, if a game doesn't impress within the first two hours, did you know it never will? It will forever just be an o.k. game. That's the rules in buying games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    I am here for the popcorn lol
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    If the game is soo great then why do you have time to complain about complainers?

Amen, I would think everyone that has it wouldn't want to break away and be posting. What is this? a popularity contest. Be the first one to posts pics, add spoilers etc.? No, The Sims is supposed to be so much fun you don't even want to be online to even talk/discuss. I remember I couldn't put down TS1 or TS2 Nobody had time for dat. :D
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I can't speak for anyone else who likes the game, but the reason I "Break away" and come here to post is because some people playing will come here for answers regarding questions while playing, and if someone doesn't answer them quickly they get buried by all the stupid posts from people who aren't even planning on buying the game.

Is that a good enough reason?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    My question has been answered. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top